Page 46 of 314 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ninjanerd View Post
    Geez, all I did was get it wrong. But yeah I see the point. I misunderstood the use of the word 'theme'. What would Johto's be then? But if we're discussing something so complex, I find it hard to speculate on the new theme based only off a 2:00 video...

Let's see, France. Something connecting old to new? I mean in France you have Versailles, Eiffel Tower, and modern buildings all within a reasonable distance.
    Johto's theme is tradition, Kanto's scientific engineering, Hoenn's theme is nature, and the new one's is... I have no idea.

But, maybe justice is the theme? Going off of speculation of the legends here... But it could also, well, question justice or stuff like that? But that would make it too similar to N...

Well if the region in 6th gen is based on France , I wonder/hope if the Catocombs are put in it. Just think of all the creepy stuff they can use for ala Lavender town,Strange house, Forest Manison...

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Johto's theme is tradition, Kanto's scientific engineering, Hoenn's theme is nature, and the new one's is... I have no idea.

But, maybe justice is the theme? Going off of speculation of the legends here... But it could also, well, question justice or stuff like that? But that would make it too similar to N...
    If the Japanese logos are any indication, XY's theme seems to be DNA.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    If the Japanese logos are any indication, XY's theme seems to be DNA.
    I'm kinda hesitant for that being the theme. Seems too close to GenI's theme in my opinion. (Although, it is still my first guess) My second guess would be "evolution" especially because of how many times Masuda and Iwata kept using that term. Time to push pokemon to the next evolution, the next evolution in the pokemon series, and so on.

I wish we get a bigger region with a few more none gym cities.. Yes we don't have contests but that doesn't mean they shpuld overpack the usual cities.

For the Region theme I would love a worldwide theme bt it seems France is in the center . The clothing the buildings. Etc
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

A really big region would be so nice with a least 70 routes, but I also hope that locations are pretty extensive too, I wanna enter a forest in which I could literally get lost, not one that you can explore in 5 minutes and that's it, and lakes that give me that endless vibe from the water routes between Mossdeep and Sootopolis but that is just dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMarauder View Post
    A really big region would be so nice with a least 70 routes, but I also hope that locations are pretty extensive too, I wanna enter a forest in which I could literally get lost, not one that you can explore in 5 minutes and that's it, and lakes that give me that endless vibe from the water routes between Mossdeep and Sootopolis but that is just dreaming
    The most amount of routes we've ever had was in Hoenn which had 34, only because of the large amount of water routes set alongside a fairly substantial region in itself. 70 is frankly ridiculous unless we were to have 16 badges (or more) and have the champion be in the 70s. Johto already suffered from a lack of trainers compared to other regions, and I wouldn't particularly travelling through routes barren of trainers.
    But really, the games already last, at the very least, 30-something hours, while I generally end up in the mid-40s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

As fun as that sounds, they'd need to fill it with something, because as much as I love my beatiful computer graphics card landscape, DS' graphics are not that good. Moral of the story: Either not that big, or not empty.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    As fun as that sounds, they'd need to fill it with something, because as much as I love my beatiful computer graphics card landscape, DS' graphics are not that good. Moral of the story: Either not that big, or not empty.
    ...3DS? It's not a DS game...

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Yeah, 70 routes is way too much, sometimes we don't even get half that many. I'd say 15-20 cities and 30-40 routes max would be a bit more reasonable.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    The most amount of routes we've ever had was in Hoenn which had 34, only because of the large amount of water routes set alongside a fairly substantial region in itself. 70 is frankly ridiculous unless we were to have 16 badges (or more) and have the champion be in the 70s. Johto already suffered from a lack of trainers compared to other regions, and I wouldn't particularly travelling through routes barren of trainers.
    But really, the games already last, at the very least, 30-something hours, while I generally end up in the mid-40s.
    It's not something ridiculous, I know that Pokemon wouldn't do so many routes in a region... not in the near future, but you are exploring a whole region in 2 days. I want to spend at least a week visiting every place and battling 16 gyms would be fun and challenging.
    If Johto suffered from a lack of trainers was because there were lazy, now it is not that hard to put a good amount of trainers in a route and their teams wouldn't be repetitive considering there are more than 700 Pokemon.
    But as I previously said, I am just dreaming n.n

Yeah, 70 routes is way too much, sometimes we don't even get half that many. I'd say 15-20 cities and 30-40 routes max would be a bit more reasonable.
    Well thinking about it 70 it's a little bit too much I guess, 30-40 would be a nice balance. They can do something better than a 20 or so routes, Unova was just too little for me :/

Well thinking about it 70 it's a little bit too much I guess, 30-40 would be a nice balance. They can do something better than a 20 or so routes, Unova was just too little for me :/
    Yeah, Unova was a bit on the small side (also way too linear for it's own good), but Hoenn and Sinnoh are decent size, so I see no reason to go much bigger.

Also, I hope if they bring back bridges they make them more than just simple paths connecting one city to another. Like, what if you could explore their undersides like in Half Life 2?

Unova seemed a lot more focused on cities, I would believe (and bridges). Personally, I'd like to see a region where the side locations and landmarks get a lot more shine.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    ...3DS? It's not a DS game...
    Yes, 3DS sorry, but still, looking at the graphics in the trailer?

That'd probably be idea, but more extensive too, not too small, but not HUGE, I'd also like a few big places 1-5 forest/mountain/etc... places you need to navigate through, not having like 20 small ones, small side ones are always fine of course.

It's not something ridiculous, I know that Pokemon wouldn't do so many routes in a region... not in the near future, but you are exploring a whole region in 2 days. I want to spend at least a week visiting every place and battling 16 gyms would be fun and challenging.
    If Johto suffered from a lack of trainers was because there were lazy, now it is not that hard to put a good amount of trainers in a route and their teams wouldn't be repetitive considering there are more than 700 Pokemon.
    But as I previously said, I am just dreaming n.n
    I wouldn't call them lazy, but I do think that they need to make the game longer than a 12 hour main-game playthrough. As for trainers, maybe the trainers can hide so we're actually surprised?

Unova was disappointing, BW2's Unova size was better, but still the area itself was boring.

Yeah, Unova was a bit on the small side (also way too linear for it's own good), but Hoenn and Sinnoh are decent size, so I see no reason to go much bigger.

Also, I hope if they bring back bridges they make them more than just simple paths connecting one city to another. Like, what if you could explore their undersides like in Half Life 2?
    The bridges in Unova were there for 2 reasons: 1. NYC has a lot of bridges. 2. to show off the graphics engine, besides that, they were find of a waste.

I'd like something about 1.2x the size of Hoenn or Sinnoh, just a bit longer, but also more dense, routes crossing and turning a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Unova seemed a lot more focused on cities, I would believe (and bridges). Personally, I'd like to see a region where the side locations and landmarks get a lot more shine.
    I agree, I'd like to actually see a game with balance between the two, but not a city where you climb up 8 buildings looking for 1 guy.

Also, on another note, I hated the Town Map in Unova, too much like a satelite view. I like the Pt and HG/SS styles, either of those are preffered for me, anyone else?

The Dream Team:

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Also, on another note, I hated the Town Map in Unova, too much like a satelite view. I like the Pt and HG/SS styles, either of those are preffered for me, anyone else?
    Yes. I didn't even care much for the fact that the routes appeared to be diagonal. Much preferred the 4th gen maps, saw absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Yes. I didn't even care much for the fact that the routes appeared to be diagonal. Much preferred the 4th gen maps, saw absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    They were trying to make the map more realistic than something out of a 5th graders imagination... As the Pokemon franchise continues to advance so shall the way GF shows realism in the series.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

That'd probably be idea, but more extensive too, not too small, but not HUGE, I'd also like a few big places 1-5 forest/mountain/etc... places you need to navigate through, not having like 20 small ones, small side ones are always fine of course.
    Agreed on that, everything about Unova was just too small and clustered. There's no real sense of adventure in the Unova region at all.

The bridges in Unova were there for 2 reasons: 1. NYC has a lot of bridges. 2. to show off the graphics engine, besides that, they were find of a waste.
    They definitely were a huge waste. At least put some trainers there or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    They were trying to make the map more realistic than something out of a 5th graders imagination.
    LOL

Unova's the one that looks like it was designed by a 5th grader, there's no complexity to it. Or at least there wasn't until BW2.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th January 2013 at 3:03 AM.

Agreed on that, everything about Unova was just too small and clustered. There's no real sense of adventure in the Unova region at all.

They definitely were a huge waste. At least put some trainers there or something.

LOL

Unova's the one that looks like it was designed by a 5th grader, there's no complexity to it. Or at least there wasn't until BW2.
    How I felt about Unova: I HAVE AN IDEA: WE PUT A MAGICAL DOT IN THE MIDDLE...

AND PUT A CIRCLE AROUND IT.

Guy: That's too simple!

AND A TAIL

Guy: *gasp* BEAUTIFUL!

The Dream Team:

Am I the only one that likes Unova? It's probably my second favorite region behind Sinnoh.

tbh, I'm replaying my LeafGreen right now, and I find Kanto far more boring than Unova.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Am I the only one that likes Unova? It's probably my second favorite region behind Sinnoh.

tbh, I'm replaying my LeafGreen right now, and I find Kanto far more boring than Unova.
    You're absolutely right that Kanto's boring.
    You're also right that Unova rocks. People hate on Unova because B/W were disappointing games. HOWEVER, B/W 2 totally redeemed the 5th gen, so it's high time people got over themselves.
    Last edited by YellowHat's Revenge; 26th January 2013 at 3:49 AM.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

The town map, not the regional layout. Seriously, HGSS looks like Baby's First Photoshop with those rectangles and ugly geographic symbols.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Well of course the town map was better in the 5th gen. -_-

Honestly, though, the designers were focused on making each location in Unova unique and cool. Which they succeeded at. Who gives a damn if it's "linear"? Some cool-*** towns were in that region.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post

Kanto is the blandest region, but the point is that Unova is painfully linear, so it becomes kinda boring to travel through -- even though it's interesting and full of unique landscapes.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    HOWEVER, B/W 2 totally redeemed the 5th gen, so it's high time people got over themselves.
    Not quite, BW2 didn't really fix the linear region design (there's still a lot of railroading in BW2's storyline path, it's only a marginal improvement over BW1) or bad pacing (most notably mid game, where the levels climb up too high for such a short section of the game), not to mention adding its own problems like bad Pokemon distribution (too many Pokemon clustered late in the game).
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th January 2013 at 4:32 AM.

Page 46 of 314 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast