Page 48 of 314 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    They had a quadrangle in DP and used it pretty well. They didn't used the space between Virbank and Driftveil and didn't used Anville and the space around it at all but that really hasn't to mean anything. They did a fine job, but I think it could be a bit better.
    Yeah, I feel like West Unova was the only place that they didn't develop well enough, it would've been awesome to have paths connecting all three of those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Oh yes this.

I also want dead end routes again, loaded with rare Pokémon.

On rare Pokémon. If rustling grass returns, I want WAAAYYY more variety. Audino everywhere having a 90% chance plus random evos was Galactibad.
    One of the reasons Audino is so common in 5th gen is because of what they did to the EXP system, so this is likely going to be a problem until they fix it. The other is that it's tricky coming up with rosters for an area that has normal grass, Double Grass, and Shaking Spots. Giving Double Grass purpose is easy enough, you can give it different Pokemon based on when it's first available and what kind of environment it can be found in. Shaking Spots aren't. You've got Audino, you've got some token "rare" Pokemon that have already been established as Shaking Spot Pokemon (Emolga, Dunsparce, Drillbur, Onix, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Alomomola, Feebas, Ducklett), and you've got some evolutions of Pokemon that already exist in the area (and Double Grass already kind of detracts from that). I suppose there's some more Pokemon they could designate as Shaking Spot Pokemon (Riolu, Beldum, Zorua, Porygon, Eevee, Yanma, possibly Cryogonal), but we'd need more than that in order to give Shaking Spot rosters proper variety. The evolutions don't really add much either because Double Grass can already hold some of those anyway, the only evolutions I could see remaining in Shaking Spots are unconventional evolutions (happiness evolutions, trade evolutions, moveset evolutions. I also think stone evolutions shouldn't be catchable unless they have a fully developed moveset like Ninetales, Gallade, or Froslass). There'd need to be some other purpose for them, I think.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th January 2013 at 6:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

How much data can be stored on a 3DS cartridge?

They managed 2 regions with Gold/Silver and they were fun games... I'd be happy with what they did with Fire Red/Leaf Green and just add a small new place to explore, like the Sevii Islands. But so long as the region is a fun place to explore like Hoenn was then I'll be over the moon! Hidden Bases making a return would be greatly appreciated also.
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

For Gym Cities, here are my ideas:
    Amberville- (based on the Provence area, very pastoral and farming community) Gym Leader: Beatrice, Ground
    Azureen City- (based on Cannes, so is a resort city on the sea full of movie stars) Gym Leader: Marius, Water
    Cerisilles City- (based around a Versailles like palace, has hedge-maze area and a menagerie where area exclusive pokemon are found- these might be unlockable later in the game) Gym Leader: Antoinette, Ghost
    Cacaobergen- (based on Zurich, Switzerland and other Alpine cities) Gym Leader: Freya, Ice
    Verdanick- (based on Dublin, Ireland) Gym Leader: Padraig, Grass
    El Siennago- (Based on Cordoba, Spain which is known for its Moorish architecture) Gym Leader: Damian, Psychic
    Ebonopolis- (Based on London) Gym Leader: Victoria, Dark
    Jonquilles City- (Based on Paris) Gym Leader: Apollo, Fire

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    You're also right that Unova rocks. People hate on Unova because B/W were disappointing games. HOWEVER, B/W 2 totally redeemed the 5th gen, so it's high time people got over themselves.
    lol.
    BW1 had the best story by far, and then BW2 made a weak continuation of it, haters gonna hate.
    As far as the region goes, I agree, BW2 took a boring 1-dimensional region and made people want to care about it.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    but Europe countries tend to be bland anyway
    Le whaaa?

London based city: dark, foggy, rainy, gothic and creepy

Scotland based area: harsh moorland, snow, brambles and tough-as-nails pokemon

Wales based area: deep valleys, sprawling hills, tiny villages and abandoned mines to explore

Westcountry based area: high cliffs, beaches, countryside and seaside fishing communities filled with myths and legends

That's all just in the UK, without travelling into gorgeous Southern France or the more ancient Germanic regions. There's a whole ton of interesting stuff out there in Europe for GF to draw inspiration from.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Le whaaa?

London based city: dark, foggy, rainy, gothic and creepy

Scotland based area: harsh moorland, snow, brambles and tough-as-nails pokemon

Wales based area: deep valleys, sprawling hills, tiny villages and abandoned mines to explore

Westcountry based area: high cliffs, beaches, countryside and seaside fishing communities filled with myths and legends

That's all just in the UK, without travelling into gorgeous Southern France or the more ancient Germanic regions. There's a whole ton of interesting stuff out there in Europe for GF to draw inspiration from.
    By that I meant that they just have no variety in them: they just stick to one thing, for example, rainy england and ruinic greece. That's why I hope the new region is based on Europe as a whole.

I love you for mentioning Scotland <3!

By that I meant that they just have no variety in them: they just stick to one thing, for example, rainy england and ruinic greece. That's why I hope the new region is based on Europe as a whole.

I love you for mentioning Scotland <3!
    Just realised I forgot to mention Ireland. Oops o_O

I know what you mean, I really want to see something based on the snowcapped mountainous regions around Austria (having visited Salzburg can I just mention how gorgeous it is) and the idea of a big Parisian city all modern and stylish makes me very excited! I think a region based solely on the UK wouldn't work very well, but mixed in with the rest of Europe it'd be fantastic. And, um, less rainy ^^;

It does make my smile that people who've never visited the UK think the rain and fog thing is some untrue stereotype. And I'm like LOL you have NO idea -__-
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I know what you mean, I really want to see something based on the snowcapped mountainous regions around Austria (having visited Salzburg can I just mention how gorgeous it is)
    Well, since it is based on France, we probably will get some snowy area based on the Alps.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I hope that if we get a british post-game region/area we have a Aberdeen, Scotland area. It could be a perfect water area: It has boats, the offshore and fishing buisnesses have a big role in its history, it gets a lot of rain and stuff. I'm not just saying that because I'm form there.

It does make my smile that people who've never visited the UK think the rain and fog thing is some untrue stereotype. And I'm like LOL you have NO idea -__-
    I know how you feel bro... Aberdeen rain is like whatever god exists feels like p*ssing on you

Well I imagined the creation of the 5th Gen Games like this:

(Masuda entering GF Building) Well people Pokemon X and Y will take some years to complete as we are still tinkering with the 3D models and the new overworld, so lets release a new Gen for the DS.
    (People blabbering and discusing) Yes, yes I know fans are gonna whine because it is not in the 3DS, but we have to deliver something to keep them busy, so do what you can and writers produce a really good plot, so they will think we actually care about this gen...
    Also don't forget to design an Ice-Cream and a Garbage Pokemon, that way they will never expect the Toilet Pokemon in X and Y (saying it with his trademark TrollFace).

Now now, I like this generation and the landscapes and animation were really nice and sprites moving was so sweet, but in a certian way Unova was rushed, that's why many of the new mechanics like double grass and shaking spots had an awful pokemon distribution.
    Last edited by ShadowMarauder; 26th January 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMarauder View Post

(Masuda entering GF Building) Well people Pokemon X and Y will take some years to complete as we are still tinkering with the 3D models and the new overworld, so lets release a new Gen for the DS.
    (People blabbering and discusing) Yes, yes I know fans are gonna whine because it is not in the 3DS, but we have to deliver something to keep them busy, so do what you can and writers produce a really good plot, so they will think we actually care about this gen...
    Also don't forget to make to design an Ice-Cream and a Garbage Pokemon, that way they will never expect the Toilet Pokemon in X ann Y (saying it with his trademark TrollFace).

Now now, I like this generation and the landscapes and animation were really nice and sprites moving was so sweet, but in a certian way Unova was rushed, that's why many of the new mechanics like double grass and shaking spots had an awful pokemon distribution.
    Why the hell are you posting this here?

Anywayif the region is based on all of europe, diversity would seem pretty natural, while they are bland by themselves, all the countries in Europe are diverse and unique togheter, with the tip of scandanavia in the artic with cold gales, to the relaxing sunbeams of spain...

I hope if we get at least a scottish area they don't give them all kilts and the accent like "arite yi wee b*stards, away tae i stables!" I mean in real life scotland it's all high-tops and hoodies and chinos (khakis) and OMGs and iPhones and a girl in my class who is like "OMG I lurv 1D!" Modern Scotland, especially Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinbrough hav all dropped the old crap. An dwe only wear kilts on very special occasions. ANd we're not all ginger (not that I'd care of we were)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMarauder View Post

Also don't forget to make to design an Ice-Cream and a Garbage Pokemon, that way they will never expect the Toilet Pokemon in X and Y (saying it with his trademark TrollFace).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it went something like that. That's part of the reason I'm so glad that 6th gen is here, so we can see a true next gen experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it went something like that. That's part of the reason I'm so glad that 6th gen is here, so we can see a true next gen experience.

Yeah, I'm definatley feeling the "new gen" feel this time around.
    5th gen just felt like an expansion as opposed to a brand new addition. Though 5th gen did bring a lot of new features, it just did not feel totally NEW! Idk, 5th gen was AMAZING, but it lacked the feeling of a new land, especially for being the first region based on somewhere not in japan.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Can we just keep the region France-based? I agree with what someone said earlier. Put too many countries in one region, and it'll feel like an amusement park. Europe is far too diverse to capture in one region.

They can save a UK-based region for another gen.
    I hope that if we get a british post-game region/area we have a Aberdeen, Scotland area. It could be a perfect water area: It has boats, the offshore and fishing buisnesses have a big role in its history, it gets a lot of rain and stuff. I'm not just saying that because I'm form there.
    UK popping up is likely if they're basing the region on france, at least the southern bits. I can assume they're gonna do something like western france, northeastern spain and southern UK to make up most of the region, with the UK bit being a post-game area, but that's it. Hell, what I've mention might be too much, so we might not even see the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDark View Post
    I'd like to be able to go to another region after you've done everything in the starting one, it's just like having two games in one
    Hoenn would be very nice obviously
    Eh, if, and only if, another region would appear, it would be Unova for a whole slew of reasons I cannot be bothered to lists as its a pointless discussion at best.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    How much data can be stored on a 3DS cartridge?
    2-8 gigs iirc.
    Well, since it is based on France, we probably will get some snowy area based on the Alps.
    I swear if they slap us in the face with another ice gym....
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    This, but at the very least, if you must have another Ice gym, don't make it 7th. The Ice gym has been 7th in every damn game that's had one, mix it up a little.

This, but at the very least, if you must have another Ice gym, don't make it 7th. The Ice gym has been 7th in every damn game that's had one, mix it up a little.
    Maybe 3rd gym would seem a bit more passable personally then lucky (in this case unlucky) number gym 7.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Maybe 3rd gym would seem a bit more passable personally then lucky (in this case unlucky) number gym 7.
    IDK, we never usually get to see Ice types that early. Maybe 4th or 5th.

Wouldn't mind seeing some of the south of England personally, being born and bred in that area of the world.

Black 2 FC: Hybrid 1077-8620-9942

Perhaps they could really mix things up this gen, and give us access to ice types fairly early on... I won't wish for too much by saying dragon types too.

...Oh, to have a Spheal early on...
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Yeah, I'm definatley feeling the "new gen" feel this time around.
    5th gen just felt like an expansion as opposed to a brand new addition. Though 5th gen did bring a lot of new features, it just did not feel totally NEW! Idk, 5th gen was AMAZING, but it lacked the feeling of a new land, especially for being the first region based on somewhere not in japan.
    I have to agree with this, very much of the maxing out of the DS' capabilities, like the Distortion World on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    UK popping up is likely if they're basing the region on france, at least the southern bits. I can assume they're gonna do something like western france, northeastern spain and southern UK to make up most of the region, with the UK bit being a post-game area, but that's it. Hell, what I've mention might be too much, so we might not even see the UK.

Eh, if, and only if, another region would appear, it would be Unova for a whole slew of reasons I cannot be bothered to lists as its a pointless discussion at best.

2-8 gigs iirc.

I'm going to guess that it will either be a slice of france, or zoom out to include part of england, france, spain, germany, and a few other countries in order to vary the terrain, but rotate it so we don't see it right away, of course. England would be like the Safari Zone in Johto, or Ever Grande in Hoenn, or Battle Zone in Sinnoh, gives you some water space. Personally, I'd prefer to go there mid-game.

Ice Gyms have been in the past 2, but Water's been 8th the same amount, and in 4 gens (not Johto) with 6 leaders.

Again, only the last two, but I agree, and the same could be said for Dragon being the last gym/E4/Champion, it's always used as the uber type, I'd like to see Grass or Dark used.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    Perhaps they could really mix things up this gen, and give us access to ice types fairly early on... I won't wish for too much by saying dragon types too.

And, like above, and some WEAK dragon pokemon, and STRONG electric/grass *gasp*.
    Last edited by Colegoco; 27th January 2013 at 1:00 AM.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Unfortunatley I don't see pokemon starting out with a lot of ice types, (idk if the seasons matter) but this game releases in October, and currently October is Summer time in the pokemon world, though only 11 days before November which is Fall time in game, so I guess ice pokemon would thrive early on I guess. Again idk if in-game season would be took into account by gamefreak - so this is just speculation. Personally I don't think they should have any Ice gym leader, or Ice type Elite 4 member AT ALL! I don't see ice types as a challenge IMO and quite frankly there far too prevalent in Gyms and in some Elite 4 members. They MOST DEFINATLEY BETTER NOT INSERT WATER ANYTHING EITHER! I'm sure we ALL want a dark gym leader as there isn't one. Maybe add a Fire gym, since they don't get too much glory either. I Personally do want a return of the Normal gym - though with that said I hope that it would be as challenging as Norman and Whitney were back there days of pwnge! Better yet! I vote an Elite 4 Normal Type Member for President!
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 27th January 2013 at 1:12 AM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Ice types aren't particularly useful until Dragon types start popping up, so I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Ice Gyms have been in the past 2, but Water's been 8th the same amount, and in 4 gens (not Johto) with 6 leaders.
    False, there's been 3 Ice gyms, all of them 7th in the region: Mahogany in GSC, Snowpoint in DPPt, and Icirrus in BW1. Water, meanwhile, has only been 8th twice, Sootopolis in RSE and Humilau in BW2.

Unfortunatley I don't see pokemon starting out with a lot of ice types, (idk if the seasons matter) but this game releases in October, and currently October is Summer time in the pokemon world, though only 11 days before November which is Fall time in game, so I guess ice pokemon would thrive early on I guess. Again idk if in-game season would be took into account by gamefreak - so this is just speculation.
    I'm hoping seasons are removed from the game because they last too long. It's kind of ridiculous having to wait 3 months just to get certain species of Pokemon and some items and stuff. But I'm glad you brought this up, because they shouldn't rely on seasons for Ice type distribution. I mean, look at BW2, if you're not in Winter, the only Ice type you have access to before Drayden is Lapras, and he's extremely rare.

Maybe add a Fire gym, since they don't get too much glory either.
    I think they're going for a Fire type Elite 4 member this gen, which isn't so bad anyway because there's only been one other Fire type Elite 4 member so far. But next game, I would like to see another Fire type gym, we haven't had one since 3rd gen. Assuming this is true, they could theme the Elite 4 types after the four elements (Fire, Water, Earth, and Air), which would be interesting, it would use some of the less used Elite 4 types (Fire, Water, and Ground) as well as one completely new one (Flying). Which is good, because I was extremely disappointed with Unova's Elite 4 because every one of them was an overused Elite 4 type, meanwhile we've never had an Elite 4 member that uses Normal, Grass, Electric, Rock, or Flying types, we need to see some of those types for Elite 4 this gen just as much as we need a Dark type gym.

I Personally do want a return of the Normal gym - though with that said I hope that it would be as challenging as Norman and Whitney were back there days of pwnge! Better yet! I vote an Elite 4 Normal Type Member for President!
    Normal type gyms are kind of overused as well, we've had 4 (Goldenrod, Petalburg, Nacrene, and Aspertia), and 3/4 of them are early game gyms. Normal type Elite 4 would be interesting, but I don't think it's going to happen this gen.

Also, I hope the Bug gym is mid to late game, like maybe 4th, 5th, or 6th.

I'm hoping seasons are removed from the game because they last too long. It's kind of ridiculous having to wait 3 months just to get certain species of Pokemon and some items and stuff. But I'm glad you brought this up, because they shouldn't rely on seasons for Ice type distribution. I mean, look at BW2, if you're not in Winter, the only Ice type you have access to before Drayden is Lapras, and he's extremely rare.
    I think Seasons are okay. Change of environment is pleasing to the eyes, and it offered backtracking too.
    Although yes, it takes a long time., and people can get impatient. It sucks waiting for a specific season just to have access to a very powerful TM, or a rare hold-item.

As for Pokemon distribution, I agree. There shouldn't be a season-exclusive Pokemon. I'm fine with 1% rarity as long as you can obtain it.

On a different note, there's a season-gimmick Pokemon like Deerling/Sawsbuck, I think seasons might return.
    If they removed this mechanic, they should provide a way to change its formes.
    But then again, seasons doesn't really affect these Pokemon aside from its appearance. So they can still put it aside.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Here is my official list of what gym types I want:

1st: Electric
    2nd: Ground
    3rd: Dark
    4th: Ice
    5th: Fire
    6th: Rock
    7th: Steel
    8th: Ghost

Elite 4:

1st: Grass
    2nd: Normal