Page 54 of 314 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #1326

    Default

    Elite Four Speculation!

    Member 1
    Name: Terra
    Type Specialist: Dragon
    Team:
    Dragonair
    Flygon
    Garchomp
    Druddigon
    (Dragon-type from new region)

    Member 2
    Name: Qualic
    Type Specialist: Water
    Team:
    Slowking
    Vaporeon
    Swampert
    Jellicent
    (Water-type from new region)

    Member 3
    Name: Ace
    Type Specialist: Flying
    Team:
    Pidgeot
    Crowbat
    Tropius
    Gliscor
    (Flying-type from new region)

    Member 4
    Name: Quake
    type Specialist: Rock
    Team:
    Kabutops
    Magcargo
    Armaldo
    Gigalith
    (Rock-type from new region)

    Champion
    Name: Vix
    Type Specialist: Normal
    Team:
    Clafable
    Blissey
    Zangoose
    Togekiss
    (2 Normal-types from new region)

  2. #1327
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Actually from the trailer..Fire might be one of the Elite Four

  3. #1328
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You're talking about this one, right:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy69kf13dPQ

    This thing has fake written all over it, the audio is clearly ripped from the original trailer and synchs up poorly with this one.
    Oh, I thought he was talking about the actual trailer. My bad.

  4. #1329
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    Names for region if it is in France:

    - Liberto
    - Egalito
    - Fraternito
    - Napo
    - Leono
    - Volutio
    - Lepetito
    - Vino
    - Bordo
    - Aparto
    - Franco
    Why are you giving Italian names to a French region?

  5. #1330
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Why has everybody forgot about Juan?!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  6. #1331
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I thought that too.

    I wonder how many routes this will have. Hopefully at least 30.
    Sounds good but was thinking GF could make a few more for post game or extended routes.

  7. #1332
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Sounds good but was thinking GF could make a few more for post game or extended routes.
    YES. I want something to do after the game, new routes, intra-regional travel, something! but something new, like the world championship was, not battle frontiers. Thats old news bro

    AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!


    Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

  8. #1333
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,174

    Default

    I'm not expecting too much for post game, probably about 5-10 routes, a couple of cities and dungeons, maybe 100-200 extra National Dex Pokemon (giving us approximately 400-500/760-780 Pokemon total for this game), some past gen starters and legendaries, and maybe a few typical post game features like Battle Tower/Frontier/whatever and a few new things. I doubt XY's post game will end up blowing us away, that's probably not going to happen until later 6th gen games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  9. #1334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    Names for region if it is in France:

    - Liberto
    - Egalito
    - Fraternito
    - Napo
    - Leono
    - Volutio
    - Lepetito
    - Vino
    - Bordo
    - Aparto
    - Franco
    Yeah and Croissanto.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

    Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

  10. #1335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm not expecting too much for post game, probably about 5-10 routes, a couple of cities and dungeons, maybe 100-200 extra National Dex Pokemon (giving us approximately 400-500/760-780 Pokemon total for this game), some past gen starters and legendaries, and maybe a few typical post game features like Battle Tower/Frontier/whatever and a few new things. I doubt XY's post game will end up blowing us away, that's probably not going to happen until later 6th gen games.
    To be honest, I was very disappointed with B/W's postgame. So little in the way of new routes, although at least there was a few sub-quests. D/P had that whole extra island to explore, but very little to actually do there. After experiencing Battle Frontier in Emerald, going back to Battle Tower was a real let down. That game had the novelty of being the first with wifi though, so I was able to sink plenty of hours into online trading and battling. X/Y aren't going to have that luxury, and I'm a little concerned as to whether they'll have the space to create a particularly vast region what with the 3D graphics, (I don't know what the 3DS specs are like, so this may be a non-issue).
    ALPHA SAHPHIRE

  11. #1336
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Under the Okinawa sun
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    You have a good point there. I don't think it would be too complex for kid's to understand, I mean are kids supposed to understand the relationship of space and time, but that was the theme of gen 4. There has been a consistent theme of DNA splicing and manipulation throughout the Pokemon series, to base an entire generation on that theme only makes sense in my eyes.
    Not forgetting, the Japanese logos for X & Y had a DNA helix motif on the ン syllable. That's pretty damning evidence that genetics will at least play some part in the storyline.
    Knarly, dude!

  12. #1337
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Yeah and Croissanto.
    I'd be so okay with this.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

    ...well, who knows?” - Meowth

    Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

  13. #1338
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamer View Post
    To be honest, I was very disappointed with B/W's postgame. So little in the way of new routes, although at least there was a few sub-quests.
    5 post game routes is more than we typically get for post game. Hell, RBY and RSE have 0 post game routes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamer View Post
    D/P had that whole extra island to explore, but very little to actually do there.
    The Battle Zone isn't really any bigger than East Unova in DPPt, it also has 5 routes and a handful of cities. So to say that BW1's post game is "too little" while DP's is big is nonsensical, DP's isn't really that much bigger, you do have some extra dungeons and 1 additional route by comparison, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  14. #1339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm not expecting too much for post game, probably about 5-10 routes, a couple of cities and dungeons, maybe 100-200 extra National Dex Pokemon (giving us approximately 400-500/760-780 Pokemon total for this game), some past gen starters and legendaries, and maybe a few typical post game features like Battle Tower/Frontier/whatever and a few new things. I doubt XY's post game will end up blowing us away, that's probably not going to happen until later 6th gen games.
    I really want a new battle frontier, because we didn't get one in Gen. V. Maybe some new ideas for facilities as well.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

    Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

  15. #1340
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No1Torick View Post
    Elite Four Speculation!

    Member 1
    Name: Terra
    Type Specialist: Dragon
    Team:
    Dragonair
    Flygon
    Garchomp
    Druddigon
    (Dragon-type from new region)

    Member 2
    Name: Qualic
    Type Specialist: Water
    Team:
    Slowking
    Vaporeon
    Swampert
    Jellicent
    (Water-type from new region)

    Member 3
    Name: Ace
    Type Specialist: Flying
    Team:
    Pidgeot
    Crowbat
    Tropius
    Gliscor
    (Flying-type from new region)

    Member 4
    Name: Quake
    type Specialist: Rock
    Team:
    Kabutops
    Magcargo
    Armaldo
    Gigalith
    (Rock-type from new region)

    Champion
    Name: Vix
    Type Specialist: Normal
    Team:
    Clafable
    Blissey
    Zangoose
    Togekiss
    (2 Normal-types from new region)
    How could you speculate about the elite four's pokemons when we don't know which pokemon will appear in this version ? Only one or two new pokemons from the regions ?

    Okay, after reflexion, it makes sense because Johto's elite four is based like that... But from the trailer, we can obvisouly see a nice fire room which huuuuge, surely a fire elite four member.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !


        Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:


  16. #1341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    How could you speculate about the elite four's pokemons when we don't know which pokemon will appear in this version ? Only one or two new pokemons from the regions ?

    Okay, after reflexion, it makes sense because Johto's elite four is based like that... But from the trailer, we can obvisouly see a nice fire room which huuuuge, surely a fire elite four member.
    Actually, the first bit was right. In a brand new region, I would expect the Elite Four to have one or two old pokémon. Johto makes sense because it was the only the second region, and connected to Kanto.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

    Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

  17. #1342
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Exactly. It will be related to this region's main theme, it won't be just a reference to its basis.
    What makes you so sure that the region's name will be related to the main theme of this region? Just because the last few regions' names were somehow related to their respective main themes, it doesn't mean that this region will follow the pattern.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

  18. #1343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    What makes you so sure that the region's name will be related to the main theme of this region? Just because the last few regions' names were somehow related to their respective main themes, it doesn't mean that this region will follow the pattern.
    Actually, it does. What sense does it make to name the region after something irrelevant?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

    Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

  19. #1344
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Actually, it does. What sense does it make to name the region after something irrelevant?
    That wasn't the main point of my argument. I was criticizing Ver-mont because he was claiming that the region's name WILL have a connection to its theme. Yes, I agree it is logical to assume that the name of the region will have some relevance to the region's theme. But it's best to sit back and find out what the region's name will be, rather than claiming that it will follow the trend. Did we all expect Black and White 2 after Black and White? No.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

  20. #1345
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Provo, UT
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    YES!! Vive les Canadien!!! (I probably spelled something wrong there) still, I doubt that they're going to make a Canadian region anytime soon (hoping for it though!). I think the closest we're getting is Unova (and that's the US). It looked like they had Le luvre in the newest commercial, as with big ben and something like L'arche du triomphe... I know I spelled something wrong, but I don't know what
    Unova is just New York state, not the entire country. Although, there are some things from Japan mixed in, it's mostly NY state. The Unity Tower & the Liberty Garden give that away. But, enough of that. I could go on, but I won't.
    I am a fire pokémon fan.

    Blaze up!


    MissingNo. Forever!

  21. #1346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    That wasn't the main point of my argument. I was criticizing Ver-mont because he was claiming that the region's name WILL have a connection to its theme. Yes, I agree it is logical to assume that the name of the region will have some relevance to the region's theme. But it's best to sit back and find out what the region's name will be, rather than claiming that it will follow the trend. Did we all expect Black and White 2 after Black and White? No.
    But everyone can safely assume that it will follow the trend, as it doesn't make sense not to. And guessing new games is an entirely different situation, because although there was a slight trend, B/W2 and X and Y have disrupted it
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

    Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

  22. #1347
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    251

    Default

    In all honesty, it's extremely pointless guessing the regions name, we hardly have much information to make a guess off, and it's a difficult task to even do when you have all the info

  23. #1348
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    But everyone can safely assume that it will follow the trend, as it doesn't make sense not to. And guessing new games is an entirely different situation, because although there was a slight trend, B/W2 and X and Y have disrupted it
    You completely missed βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη point. Yes, you can speculate and assume things(kinda the point of this thread anyway) but nothing is for certain is all they are saying. Just because something followed a trend in the past does not mean it will continue said trend. Doesn't really matter if it doesn't make sense or not there is still nothing for certain saying the name of the region will in fact be related to its main theme.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 30th January 2013 at 9:54 AM.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258

    IGN: Diva

  24. #1349
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    What makes you so sure that the region's name will be related to the main theme of this region? Just because the last few regions' names were somehow related to their respective main themes, it doesn't mean that this region will follow the pattern.
    Yes, it does. Pokémon is all about patterns, and there's absolutely no reason for this one to change.

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    That wasn't the main point of my argument. I was criticizing Ver-mont because he was claiming that the region's name WILL have a connection to its theme. Yes, I agree it is logical to assume that the name of the region will have some relevance to the region's theme. But it's best to sit back and find out what the region's name will be, rather than claiming that it will follow the trend. Did we all expect Black and White 2 after Black and White? No.
    That a completely different situation, you're pushing your point.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  25. #1350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    How could you speculate about the elite four's pokemons when we don't know which pokemon will appear in this version ? Only one or two new pokemons from the regions ?

    Okay, after reflexion, it makes sense because Johto's elite four is based like that... But from the trailer, we can obvisouly see a nice fire room which huuuuge, surely a fire elite four member.
    Just because there is a fire room, does not mean it is for the Elite Four. It could be anything. Could even be a gym.

Page 54 of 314 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •