Page 57 of 314 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #1401
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    *Shrug* Well I guess that's what I get for not doing my research.

    I'm think of a region that has France, Germany, Poland and the UK, with Southern Ireland (Republic of Ireland) in it for kicks. Maybe the capitals and other largest two cities of each country could be the towns, since the region has to be condensed, so we have London, Paris, Berlin (maybe some subtle Nazi references, I dunno), Warsaw, Dublin and (possibly) Munich and Wales. So I'm hoping for a nice big region with plenty of Post-story stuff to do considering the amount of potential cities in France alone. So that brings down the question of the gyms. When we have this much potential, I want more potential in more ingame aspects that will affect us. I want this order of gym:
    1st: Dark
    2nd: Ice
    3rd: Normal (if not E4, then Rock)
    4th: Flying
    5th: Psychic
    6th: Dragon
    7th: Fire
    8th: Electric

    I know most of you will hate on the Electric gym, but imagine if we had a Lt. Surge like puzzle, and an electrician as the Gym Leader.
    You forgot to list Bug, as a gym. Though its not confirmed, we can all bet on it being a gym do to the spider web in the trailer.
    I also don't agree with an electric type gym, seeing as its very very common. Also, I think its time for Normal types to be in E4 along with any type that hasn't got that pleasure yet. My expected line up is.

    1st: Ice
    2nd: Psychic
    3rd: Bug
    4th: Fighting
    5th: Steel
    6th: Ghost
    7th: Flying
    8th: Dark

    E4: Normal, Rock, Grass, Poison

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  2. #1402
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,958

    Default

    I'm thinking it'll be something like this:

    1. Grass
    2. Steel
    3. Fighting
    4. Psychic
    5. Ghost
    6. Bug
    7. Poison
    8. Dark

    Elite 4: Ground, Flying, Fire, Water
    Champion- Multitype
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  3. #1403
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Whispering Rock
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    I'm betting on something similar to this on our next line-up

    1st-Flying
    2nd-Poison
    3rd-Bug
    4th-Grass
    5th-Rock
    6th-Fighting
    7th-Dark
    8th-Ghost

    E4:
    1st-Fire
    2nd-Water
    3rd-Electric
    4th-Dragon

    Champion: Diverse, Multitype or Normal

    Somewhere along those lines. An electric-type E4 member would be a first, but it'll probably be thrown back down as a Gym-based type.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

  4. #1404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    *Shrug* Well I guess that's what I get for not doing my research.

    I'm think of a region that has France, Germany, Poland and the UK, with Southern Ireland (Republic of Ireland) in it for kicks. Maybe the capitals and other largest two cities of each country could be the towns, since the region has to be condensed, so we have London, Paris, Berlin (maybe some subtle Nazi references, I dunno), Warsaw, Dublin and (possibly) Munich and Wales. So I'm hoping for a nice big region with plenty of Post-story stuff to do considering the amount of potential cities in France alone. So that brings down the question of the gyms. When we have this much potential, I want more potential in more ingame aspects that will affect us. I want this order of gym:
    1st: Dark
    2nd: Ice
    3rd: Normal (if not E4, then Rock)
    4th: Flying
    5th: Psychic
    6th: Dragon
    7th: Fire
    8th: Electric

    I know most of you will hate on the Electric gym, but imagine if we had a Lt. Surge like puzzle, and an electrician as the Gym Leader.
    Loving your idea, but my only qualm with it is Wales... Did you mean Cardiff, since that's the capital of Wales, or the entire country of Wales, as with Ireland? I would love to see an area based on the countrysides of Wales, it'd be very picturesque!
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM


  5. #1405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    Loving your idea, but my only qualm with it is Wales... Did you mean Cardiff, since that's the capital of Wales, or the entire country of Wales, as with Ireland? I would love to see an area based on the countrysides of Wales, it'd be very picturesque!
    Yes... Cardiff... and the gym can be a blue box...
    Team Leader Since Gen III

    The Dream Team:

    Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

    Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

  6. #1406
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    *Shrug* Well I guess that's what I get for not doing my research.

    I'm think of a region that has France, Germany, Poland and the UK, with Southern Ireland (Republic of Ireland) in it for kicks. Maybe the capitals and other largest two cities of each country could be the towns, since the region has to be condensed, so we have London, Paris, Berlin (maybe some subtle Nazi references, I dunno), Warsaw, Dublin and (possibly) Munich and Wales. So I'm hoping for a nice big region with plenty of Post-story stuff to do considering the amount of potential cities in France alone. So that brings down the question of the gyms. When we have this much potential, I want more potential in more ingame aspects that will affect us. I want this order of gym:
    1st: Dark
    2nd: Ice
    3rd: Normal (if not E4, then Rock)
    4th: Flying
    5th: Psychic
    6th: Dragon
    7th: Fire
    8th: Electric

    I know most of you will hate on the Electric gym, but imagine if we had a Lt. Surge like puzzle, and an electrician as the Gym Leader.
    The first, a dark type gym ? It would show that there are dark type pokemon before or near the gym, no ?
    it would be cool for someone like me that like this type, but it's maybe too soon.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !


        Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:


  7. #1407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Yes... Cardiff... and the gym can be a blue box...
    I'm going to take a guess that this is sarcasm...? It amuses me though!
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM


  8. #1408
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Far Away
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Anyone hoping we get version exclusive locations? I sure hope we do, gives another reason to buy both versions. But with White Forest and Black City representing Black and White. What could they use to represent X and Y?

  9. #1409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    I'm going to take a guess that this is sarcasm...? It amuses me though!
    Only partially.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

    The Dream Team:

    Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

    Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

  10. #1410
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Anyone hoping we get version exclusive locations? I sure hope we do, gives another reason to buy both versions. But with White Forest and Black City representing Black and White. What could they use to represent X and Y?
    I'm hoping they take it a step further and not only give us version exclusive areas, but also version exclusive storyline paths. That'd be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  11. #1411
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Anyone hoping we get version exclusive locations? I sure hope we do, gives another reason to buy both versions. But with White Forest and Black City representing Black and White. What could they use to represent X and Y?
    Yes. I liked that the 5th generations games had version exclusive locations as well as having some places different between each game, I'd like it to be expanded on though.

    I'd like it if the games overall have more differences between the two so they can be a bit more different. Ruby and Sapphire as well as the 5th gen games I felt did a fine job but I'd like them to take things even further different dexes, gyms, locations, different story lines(Nothing too drastically different though, something like Ruby/Sapphire would be fine with me), etc...
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  12. #1412
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Anyone hoping we get version exclusive locations? I sure hope we do, gives another reason to buy both versions. But with White Forest and Black City representing Black and White. What could they use to represent X and Y?
    They need to one up it though. Maybe make the city a gym is in a completely different in each version. So there would be 9 gym leaders but one doesn't even show up in the opposite game.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  13. #1413
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    145

    Default

    I would like to see 2 or more gyms added to the usual 8. If keeping to only 8 gyms I would drop fighting and flying. These gyms aren't necessarily in order but I would like to see Psychic as the lead/an early gym. I could see/would like to see these gyms this time around:

    1) Psychic
    2) Poison
    3) Ground
    4) Dark
    5) Bug
    6) Flying
    7) Dragon
    8) Steel
    9) Fighting
    10) Ghost

    E4:

    1) Normal
    2) Grass
    3) Fire
    4) Rock

    Champion: Multitype
    Last edited by anderdan; 2nd February 2013 at 4:49 AM.

  14. #1414
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    245

    Default

    I really am tired of rock and ground gyms... And flying.. And bug.. Lol just I'd like to see gyms like the first generation again!

    Fire
    Grass
    Water
    Electric
    Ice
    Dragon
    Fighting
    Dark

    I'd like to see those gym leaders...

    In the elite four.. If love to see a normal type elite four ^^
    Normal
    Steel
    Poison
    Ground

    Then a general balanced champion ^^

    Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

  15. #1415
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    I really am tired of rock and ground gyms
    We've only had two Ground type gyms, and one of them wasn't even a strongly themed Ground gym (Viridian in RBYFRLG). As for Rock, I wouldn't mind seeing another one, but one thing about them that needs to change is that they're always first. It'd be nice to see them later on, like no earlier than 3rd or 4th. Fortunately, they may be able to get away with that thanks to the improvements made to Sturdy (an ability that several Rock and Ground types have). You wouldn't think twice about random Geodudes before because of their poor typing, but now that Sturdy guarantees them at least one turn to do something, they could actually be somewhat of a threat. I could see a lot of Sturdy + Explosion or Sturdy + Flail combos being used.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 2nd February 2013 at 5:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #1416
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Well I'm talking about rock or ground gyms as most pokemon seen in them is in the other, such as like geodude and whatever and tbf one of the gyms I was thinking of was a steel type gym, but half of the pokemon in that place were rock or ground types too...

    But the ground type gyms...
    Pewter city
    Driftveil city (technically twice)

    And rock gyms are...
    Pewter city
    Rustburro
    Oreburgh

    Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

  17. #1417
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    But the ground type gyms...
    Pewter city
    Driftveil city (technically twice)
    Pewter isn't a Ground type gym, but Viridian technically is.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  18. #1418
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Lol verifiable is the one I meant lol I did write pewter twice on that list... I should have noticed lol but yeah I just find in the rock and ground and even steel type gyms all have a lot of the same pokemon... :-/ am I honestly the only one who feels this?

    Friend Code: 2234 - 8338 - 9114

  19. #1419
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcubxox View Post
    Lol verifiable is the one I meant lol I did write pewter twice on that list... I should have noticed lol but yeah I just find in the rock and ground and even steel type gyms all have a lot of the same pokemon... :-/ am I honestly the only one who feels this?
    Maybe for the Rock type gyms, but not the Ground ones. You wouldn't find Pokemon like Sandslash or Krookodile or Nidoking or Dugtrio in a Rock type gym.

    And for that matter, Brock's GSCHGSS team uses some non-Ground and Steel types too, he has Omastar and Kabutops.

    I think the fact that almost every Rock type gym so far is the 1st in the region is part of the problem, you're less likely to see more unique Rock types by that point and instead face up against typical cave dwellers and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  20. #1420
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Anyone hoping we get version exclusive locations? I sure hope we do, gives another reason to buy both versions. But with White Forest and Black City representing Black and White. What could they use to represent X and Y?
    I hope so!
    Just because (besides different obtainable pokemon) what else is the difference between two versions?
    I liked how Pokemon Black was a bit more Futuristic (in certain parts) then Pokemon White was. It adds a bit of diversity to the games.
    I personally picked Pokemon White/White2 because of the fact that certain cities, were based on the past or more natural environments. I liked that.
    I for one am all for the idea of having different version exclusive locations.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  21. #1421
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    592

    Default

    If the region is indeed a couple of pieces of some countries I want:

    PRE E4

    - The North-East of France
    - Everything from Belgium
    - Everything from Holland
    - The North-West and maybe east from Germany
    - South Brittain
    - Maybe Ireland

    POST GAME

    - Marroco, especially Casablanca
    - The Sahara
    - Tunise
    -Egypt

    So basically South Africa
    My 3DS games:

    - Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

  22. #1422
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I like that a lot of you guys are speculating that the last gym will be a Dark type gym. I reckon that the leader could have 4 pokemon, and I would like a Dark/Electric Luxray evo, 2 Dark/Steel Bisharp evos (one King and one Queen), and an Absol evo (Pure Dark). Then it would technically have all new pokemon, but still show a tribute to some of the previous generations. As for the other lineups, not to sure.

    Also love the idea of including the English Channel, parts of Ireland, England, and maybe try to squeeze some of northern Europe as well with a substantial water route linking an English based town to a Danish or Norwegian inspired town.

    As for post game, I would like to think that after you have become Champion of the new region, as well as having a battle frontier, the League offer to fly you to Unova to participate in the Pokemon World Tournament, following which, they let you explore the region and let you collect the Unova badges while your at it. But that is probably too much to ask.
    Last edited by Chandreigon; 2nd February 2013 at 12:15 PM.
        Spoiler:- My Teams:

        Spoiler:- XY Shinies:

        Spoiler:- Shiny Hunt:


    3DS FC: 1934-1961-0081
    Friend Safari: Electric Type: Pachirisu, Helioptile, Luxio.

  23. #1423
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    What if GF changed the whole concept of the Pokémon League so it would tie in with the anime?

    Let's say, a combination of the PWT and the traditonal PL: There are four rounds, each round with a bunch of trainers ŕ la PWT. Then, after maybe four battles won in a row, you can challenge an Elite Four Member. If you manage to defeat him/her, you may succeed to the next round. After these four rounds in which you've beaten the Elite Four, you can battle the Champion. Items can be used and after every round there is the possibility to heal your team. But once you begin the Pokémon League, there's no way back until you win or lose.

    I think this could work very well, since I've always found it a bit weird to be the only challenger (next to our Rival) to challenge the PL. And perhaps, you've encountered some of your PL opponents before in the game. Like you enter a Gym and walk into a trainer who says: 'Hey, this Leader is tough as hell, but I managed to get a badge. Maybe you can beat him/her too and then we'll see each other at the PL.'

    What I'd also like to change is the concept of beating the Champion and us becoming the new Champion. Because that's what they say in-game, right? You beat the Champion, you enter the Hall of Fame, the Professor walks in and says: 'Waw, you actually made it! You're the new Champion!' So why do we have to battle the same Champion over and over again after we became the new one? Maybe, if we indeed become the new Champion, we become part of the PL and can be challenged on regular basis by random PCs with a decent team. We still have a lot of side quests post-game, but suddenly we receive a call through whatever new device and are summoned to the PL to fight a new challenger. We can win or lose and if we lose, we can re-enter the PL again to reconquer our Champion Title.

    What do you Xs/Ys think?

  24. #1424
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kalos! Exploring ze impossible
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    Loving your idea, but my only qualm with it is Wales... Did you mean Cardiff, since that's the capital of Wales, or the entire country of Wales, as with Ireland? I would love to see an area based on the countrysides of Wales, it'd be very picturesque!
    Yea, I meant Cardiff, forgot Wales was a political division in the UK.

    I love how much talk my one post has made, and I'm only on page 71... page 72, away!

    ---

    EDIT: On page 72, found this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiwendil View Post
    What if GF changed the whole concept of the Pokémon League so it would tie in with the anime?

    Let's say, a combination of the PWT and the traditonal PL: There are four rounds, each round with a bunch of trainers ŕ la PWT. Then, after maybe four battles won in a row, you can challenge an Elite Four Member. If you manage to defeat him/her, you may succeed to the next round. After these four rounds in which you've beaten the Elite Four, you can battle the Champion. Items can be used and after every round there is the possibility to heal your team. But once you begin the Pokémon League, there's no way back until you win or lose.

    I think this could work very well, since I've always found it a bit weird to be the only challenger (next to our Rival) to challenge the PL. And perhaps, you've encountered some of your PL opponents before in the game. Like you enter a Gym and walk into a trainer who says: 'Hey, this Leader is tough as hell, but I managed to get a badge. Maybe you can beat him/her too and then we'll see each other at the PL.'

    What I'd also like to change is the concept of beating the Champion and us becoming the new Champion. Because that's what they say in-game, right? You beat the Champion, you enter the Hall of Fame, the Professor walks in and says: 'Waw, you actually made it! You're the new Champion!' So why do we have to battle the same Champion over and over again after we became the new one? Maybe, if we indeed become the new Champion, we become part of the PL and can be challenged on regular basis by random PCs with a decent team. We still have a lot of side quests post-game, but suddenly we receive a call through whatever new device and are summoned to the PL to fight a new challenger. We can win or lose and if we lose, we can re-enter the PL again to reconquer our Champion Title.

    What do you Xs/Ys think?
    I love it. This is what I want. A change up in the E4 would be nice, and even if it was for one game it would be very, very nice. I never liked how the PL was one way in the anime but the games it's based off of has it a completely different way. And the idea of summoning us, the Champion, is glorious. What if the Trainer's Pokemon were actually battered, and you could chose to heal them? And if you take to long, it'll be an automatic forfeit, unless you were stuck in a cave or something. Half an hour IRL should be enough to get out of anywhere, and to the Champion's spot via awesome cutscene of you in different Champion costume so you can be awesome.\\

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandreigon View Post
    I like that a lot of you guys are speculating that the last gym will be a Dark type gym. I reckon that the leader could have 4 pokemon, and I would like a Dark/Electric Luxray evo, 2 Dark/Steel Bisharp evos (one King and one Queen), and an Absol evo (Pure Dark). Then it would technically have all new pokemon, but still show a tribute to some of the previous generations. As for the other lineups, not to sure.

    Also love the idea of including the English Channel, parts of Ireland, England, and maybe try to squeeze some of northern Europe as well with a substantial water route linking an English based town to a Danish or Norwegian inspired town.

    As for post game, I would like to think that after you have become Champion of the new region, as well as having a battle frontier, the League offer to fly you to Unova to participate in the Pokemon World Tournament, following which, they let you explore the region and let you collect the Unova badges while your at it. But that is probably too much to ask.
    I also like the idea of going to the PWT and earning Unova Gym Badges after you win the title of Champion, so this highly appeals to me. As for the evos, take that over to the Dex Speculation thread.
    Last edited by Maya The Awesome; 2nd February 2013 at 3:00 PM.

  25. #1425
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiwendil View Post
    What if GF changed the whole concept of the Pokémon League so it would tie in with the anime?
    No. GF shouldn't do anything to "tie in" with the anime.

    Besides, it's so much cooler in the game (imo)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiwendil View Post
    I think this could work very well, since I've always found it a bit weird to be the only challenger (next to our Rival) to challenge the PL.
    It's because in the games it's that much of a feat for someone to collect all eight badges.

    But technically, everyone in the Victory Road is a PL challenger too, since you're only allowed to enter there if you have all eight badges. Still a lot less people than in the anime.
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 2nd February 2013 at 2:54 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Page 57 of 314 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •