Page 58 of 314 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

I hope they go with a Pax Romana type of map, that covers the UK, Western Europe, and Northern Africa. The continent has a lot of cool features that would nice to see fit into the game. They could bring back the rail system for you to commute between England and France. The Netherlands can be a big boating industrial area. My guess is if there is a Gym there it would be either Water or Grass. And you even get to bring back some snow covered territories with the Scandinavian countries.

My hope would be that Northern Africa opens up post the Elite Four. I hope that area, or whatever area we get, is as big if not bigger than the post-E4 Unova in BW2. Egypt would be fun, though we already have Cofagrigus and Krookodile. I guess maybe a Psychic cat might be a good addition.

It will be interesting to see how Italy and Greece get played. They could bring back a Church focused city for the Vatican and they could delve deeper into the history of Pokemon with Greece.

Another thing I'm really hoping for is that the side game (Contest, Pokelethon, Musical) is the Olympics. I know it would be a lot like the Pokelethon, but they could do more games, possibly model some after actual Olympic sports.

I wonder if they will include Fantina.

I've not really spoke about anything involving the Region, rather just the Pokémon. So things I'd like (Probably already been spoken about, but I haven't been following this thread!)

- Overall large region
    - Safari Zone return: Having a brand new extensive Safari Zone.
    - Less "straightforward" directions, have the region much more spaced out with longer, more complicated routes
    - The banishment of the "trees" you're able to cut; change them to normal/dead/thorn bushes, something thats more realistic than a small tree in the way.#
    - Secret Bases return - Bit of RS nostalgia
    - More importance to the "underground" - Possibly areas which you travel underground, and underground town?
    - Islands, opposed to one big land, although still have quite a large mainland.
    - Overall more complicated to navigate; have gyms in different places instead of a gym as you go along. Although maybe a posibility of making gyms random to visit, with levels changing depending on how many gyms you have participated in already
    - How about some mazes? Puzzles? Make routes overall more enjoyable

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

So, here are some of my ideas.
    Overall Environment: Split into four sections, the region has a desert area, based on Egypt. A jungle or rain-forest based on Europe's rain forests.
    Snowy area with a town and two cities. There is are giant mountain and towns are built inside and on the edges of the mountains. Based on England.
    Main city area. This part of the region covers up almost half of the region. The cities and towns are based on Paris France as well as Greek Mythology.

Desert- Three cities, and one town.
    Jungle- Two cities, and one town.
    Main City- Four cities, and zero towns.
    Snowy- Zero cities, three towns.

For the post game I would love to have the ability to travel to an Island. This island would be lush and mysterious.
    This island involves more of the "nature" side of Pokemon. It is split into three different sections. This would be where you can catch many wild Pokemon
    nonnative to this region. Fr example, Tropius, Kyogre and Groudon.

Beach- A town.
    Rain forest- A city.
    Sea- Two cities, and one town.
    Welcome me with open arms! I'm new.

I always thought it would probably be all of France in the middle, with northern Italy, All of Belgium, Some of Spain, Netherlands, Western Germany, Southern England, an underground tunnel between England and France, and Post games would be Southern Sweden and Norway with all of Denmark. I hope that they do seasons in this game...

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I've not really spoke about anything involving the Region, rather just the Pokémon. So things I'd like (Probably already been spoken about, but I haven't been following this thread!)

- Overall large region
    - Less "straightforward" directions, have the region much more spaced out with longer, more complicated routes
    - The banishment of the "trees" you're able to cut; change them to normal/dead/thorn bushes, something thats more realistic than a small tree in the way.#
    - Secret Bases return - Bit of RS nostalgia
    - More importance to the "underground" - Possibly areas which you travel underground, and underground town?
    - Islands, opposed to one big land, although still have quite a large mainland.
    - Overall more complicated to navigate; have gyms in different places instead of a gym as you go along. Although maybe a posibility of making gyms random to visit, with levels changing depending on how many gyms you have participated in already
    - How about some mazes? Puzzles? Make routes overall more enjoyable
    I think a Safari Zone is likely, since we know some old Pokemon will be in the game, and Safari Zones have historically been places where you typically found Pokemon not in the region or extremely rare.

A more eccentric direction would be nice. The only major critique I had of Unova--and this is more so in BW than in BW2--was that it was so straightforward. Sinnoh had a better route. And Hoenn was my favorite. So more like that would be great.

I totally agree with you about Cut.

And underground town would be pretty cool.

An underground miner's town would be a great route. But maybe it could be post-game I hope, and you could help clean up an accident with Strength and Rock Smash and Rock Climb. Once you rescue all the miners and clean everything up, maybe there could be a DPPt underground thing that masses under part of the region and has multiple entrances, like the Abyssal Ruins in B/W.

I just watched the trailer for the first time, yeah I know its been a while since its debut.

But around 25 seconds on the international trailer and 31 seconds on the US trailer, those big domes remind me of the one building from Orre in colosseum. Did anybody else think that?
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I just watched the trailer for the first time, yeah I know its been a while since its debut.

But around 25 seconds on the international trailer and 31 seconds on the US trailer, those big domes remind me of the one building from Orre in colosseum. Did anybody else think that?
    I didn't. But that would be awesome if they were somehow related. Not sure how they could make them related though XD.

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I'm over the Safari Zone. The only time it was done right was in R/B.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I'm over the Safari Zone. The only time it was done right was in R/B.
    I disagree.they almost perfected it in HGSS with the customization of areas and Pokemon found in them. Just make the waiting times shorter this time gf, but keep the wide arrangement and variety of rare Pokemon in different areas.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    I disagree.they almost perfected it in HGSS with the customization of areas and Pokemon found in them. Just make the waiting times shorter this time gf, but keep the wide arrangement and variety of rare Pokemon in different areas.
    and, as I've mentioned before, make it so that either no shiny appear there, or make it so that the Safari Ball has 100% capture rate for shinies that appear within the Safari Zone.
    ....or at least make it so that shinies won't run away.

Losing shinies because of our own mistake is okay, it's our own mistake after all.
    But losing shinies just because of what basically is a game mechanic is just plain stupid.

Also, I prefer one big area like in R/S/E/HG/SS, rather than FR/LG separating areas into different sections.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I would really like a Safari Zone that really feels like a safari.
    A real wilderness with fitting Pokemon in it.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    and, as I've mentioned before, make it so that either no shiny appear there, or make it so that the Safari Ball has 100% capture rate for shinies that appear within the Safari Zone.
    ....or at least make it so that shinies won't run away.

Losing shinies because of our own mistake is okay, it's our own mistake after all.
    But losing shinies just because of what basically is a game mechanic is just plain stupid.

Also, I prefer one big area like in R/S/E/HG/SS, rather than FR/LG separating areas into different sections.
    I would love this, I have lost two shinies in the safari zone, and I lost my mind both times.

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Part of the adventure experience involves having plenty of options for exploring the region. Unova has virtually none, it railroads you through one path throughout the game and to add insult to injury the game constantly points out where you need to go as if it wasn't obvious.
    So not having to constantly switch your team for HM slaves was a bad thing?
    This is why I liked Unova, there was enough for you to go exploring and HM's were not needed for the main game. I will agree that the post game was a let down(Black and White). Aside from that I really enjoyed the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm hoping they take it a step further and not only give us version exclusive areas, but also version exclusive storyline paths. That'd be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Yes. I liked that the 5th generations games had version exclusive locations as well as having some places different between each game, I'd like it to be expanded on though.

I'd like it if the games overall have more differences between the two so they can be a bit more different. Ruby and Sapphire as well as the 5th gen games I felt did a fine job but I'd like them to take things even further different dexes, gyms, locations, different story lines(Nothing too drastically different though, something like Ruby/Sapphire would be fine with me), etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    They need to one up it though. Maybe make the city a gym is in a completely different in each version. So there would be 9 gym leaders but one doesn't even show up in the opposite game.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I hope so!
    Just because (besides different obtainable pokemon) what else is the difference between two versions?
    I liked how Pokemon Black was a bit more Futuristic (in certain parts) then Pokemon White was. It adds a bit of diversity to the games.
    I personally picked Pokemon White/White2 because of the fact that certain cities, were based on the past or more natural environments. I liked that.
    I for one am all for the idea of having different version exclusive locations.
    Those are some good ideas for version exclusives! I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked the version exclusives locations in Black and White.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

What i would like the see in these new games.
    -definitly the return of the Safari Zone
    -an upgraded version of the Pokemon Contests.
    -either the return of the Battle Frontier or keeping the PWT
    -more bodies of water, the last couple of regions didn't have much in the way of water. (so we can surf more freely)
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    -more bodies of water, the last couple of regions didn't have much in the way of water. (so we can surf more freely)
    As long as the water routes aren't filled with only Jellifish/Squid Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    -definitly the return of the Safari Zone
    -an upgraded version of the Pokemon Contests.
    -either the return of the Battle Frontier or keeping the PWT
    I couldn't agree anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    As long as the water routes aren't filled with only Jellifish/Squid Pokemon.
    Yeah, if they do add more water, there better be more marine life. Though to be quite frank, there's aleady enough water types.
    So sadly I think more water=more attack of the jellifish/Squid annoying situations (or) more water=more water types. Meaning either way we don't win.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Yeah, if they do add more water, there better be more marine life. Though to be quite frank, there's aleady enough water types.
    So sadly I think more water=more attack of the jellifish/Squid annoying situations (or) more water=more water types. Meaning either way we don't win.
    Sigh, well as long as they throw something else in there I'll be happy. I love your sig btw, Clefable bears even more of a resemblance to Gengar as a negative.

I would love to see a british game exclusive area, like this:

X-Scotland and all of Ireland: Scotland's main colour is blue, the cross on the flag is kinda like a 'X' and Ireland and Scotland are pretty simialer, right down to the ginger stereotype and the usage of a kilt for formal occasions.

They could be vast valleys, blizzarding mountains, dangerous cliffs and stoney beaches that dominate northern Britain. Also, the massive, high tech cities are fairly good.

Y-England and Wales: England has red on its flag... um.... can't find other simialarities... but England borders Wales.

It could have lushious countryside, with great amounts of rains and floods in the winter/autumn seasons.

And all of it in the third game!

One way they can add more depth (joke) to underwater routes is to add some trainers that you can challenge, possibly a diver class. A pirate shipwreck would be a nice place to explore.
    Knarly, dude!

I would love if the Netherlands would be in the game. If that happens I'm pretty sure it will rain evrywhere in that area :P

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Don't forget Belgium
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

No. I want more water types...

Just bring back the amazing dive-areas! Add underwater caverns, shipwrecks (as someone has already mentioned), maybe even an underwater city?
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    maybe even an underwater city?
    YES.

I liked the ancient ruins concept in BW but in the end it was just a big ol maze with some fancy crap there for you to pick up. How awesome would it be to find an entire abandoned, sunken city to explore beneath the water, like Atlantis. Oh, this is my new favourite idea now. Cookies for you!
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Page 58 of 314 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast