Page 59 of 314 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    YES.

I liked the ancient ruins concept in BW but in the end it was just a big ol maze with some fancy crap there for you to pick up. How awesome would it be to find an entire abandoned, sunken city to explore beneath the water, like Atlantis. Oh, this is my new favourite idea now. Cookies for you!
    I think it'd be awesome of we got this and a populated one. Maybe the abandoned one was a prototype of the populated one?

We better not have a timed limit underwater, or not like in BW with the Ruins. That got so annoying. There should be some kind of airmask for being underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    We better not have a timed limit underwater, or not like in BW with the Ruins. That got so annoying. There should be some kind of airmask for being underwater.
    RSE Dive mechanic. That is all.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I never dived in RSE, when I had it. Explain?

I never dived in RSE, when I had it. Explain?
    If you haven't used Dive in RSE, then you obviously haven't finished the game. Dive is required to access Sootopolis City, where the 8th Gym and story Climax is located.

Anyway, in RSE, the Hoenn region has underwater routes. Using Dive on those dark spots in the water let's you explore the underwater portion of that route, which gives access to items, Dive-only Pokemon, and new areas. You can also stay underwater for as long as you like.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

In Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald, the playable character could dive underwater for an indefinite amount of time. The time limit introduced in BW was probably added as a mechanic for the puzzle.
    Knarly, dude!

You're right, I never did get to finish the game. It got destroyed by the classic GBA-cartridge-in-pocket-to-the-washing-machine. I got to the fifth gym D:

And anyways, yea, I like those mechanics. I thought that was Emerald-only, my best friend has Emerald and I saw him dive, and I asked if that was Sapphire, and he said no.

---

I just watched the trailer again, and the supposed Bug Gym has water droplets on the web. I wonder if that's aesthetic, or if they pose a challenge to the player. It seems enough to me for conversation on the topic.
    Last edited by Maya The Awesome; 3rd February 2013 at 4:00 PM.

I just watched the trailer again, and the supposed Bug Gym has water droplets on the web. I wonder if that's aesthetic, or if they pose a challenge to the player. It seems enough to me for conversation on the topic.
    IMO those water droplets on the web are merely for the aesthetic factor. But I would like it to be a multitype gym, even though it would have to get more aquatic characteristic to be a Bug/Water gym (such as a pool below the webs for example).

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    YES.

I liked the ancient ruins concept in BW but in the end it was just a big ol maze with some fancy crap there for you to pick up. How awesome would it be to find an entire abandoned, sunken city to explore beneath the water, like Atlantis. Oh, this is my new favourite idea now. Cookies for you!
    I do like cookies...

Anyways, yes, an underwater city would be amazing! Even if it's underwater in a dome-type bubble thing, just having to dive down to access it would be great. In all honesty, I just want a decent reason to dive and have lots to explore.
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

so. a golurk holding an eevee with a ..the toad thing and a KNIGHT in shining armor outside of...notre dame?

what is this lore? what's the story behind it?

make up a legend! GO!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    No. I want more water types...

Just bring back the amazing dive-areas! Add underwater caverns, shipwrecks (as someone has already mentioned), maybe even an underwater city?
    Lol I had completely forgotten some people actually like water types. Hehe.
    Anywho, I'm all up for the things you've listed, but like I said they would have to add more marine life (imo we don't need more)
    But at least that would be better then always encountering the same 3 pokemon over and over and over again. The only time when that woouldnt be a problem, is when EV training.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I can't wait till we get a region map :P I wonder if it will be far away like Unova or closer

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I can't wait till we get a region map :P I wonder if it will be far away like Unova or closer
    Well, judging by the statue, it may be near, but by the route 3 it may be far. Only time will tell.

new-region-6.1.jpg

^my mockup of how the new region may look.

Also, what I want to see:

- More space between the gyms, or even more gyms.
    - More continuity to the two separate storyline, don't have the plot be an interruption of the Champion, have it be an addition.
    - Safari Zone, maybe in North Africa
    - More big and small cities, spreading out the gyms and important things. Not everyone trains pokemon clearly, so there's no reason all big cities have to have a gym.
    - Variation in the terrain

Also, a few comments on my map mockup:

That would be the largest section of a map ever made into a region, the current largest being Sinnoh, followed by Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto, the smallest being Unova.
    Still, just france would be boring :P
    Last edited by Colegoco; 3rd February 2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

I think it will be far way from the other regions since they're starting over with the route numbers again.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

My guess would be in between, since France is in between New York and Japan.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post
    so. a golurk holding an eevee with a ..the toad thing and a KNIGHT in shining armor outside of...notre dame?

make up a legend! GO!
    This is the legend of the Champion of old:

The Champion of old, Arthur, had successfully managed to hold off an invading army from a far away region... only to die the next day, from serious injury. After the funeral, the people of the region had built a memorial to Arthur. They named it Castle de la Arthur, (no idea what that means) which was the new building for the Elite Four, in honor of Arthur. They erected a statue of him, and his team of Pokemon who perished with him out of broken hearts, in front of it so nobody would forget the story of Arthur. The legendary Pokemon of the region had recognized the sorrow of the people, and protect the Castle, and had Arthur ascend to Valhalla via the Yggdrasil, and now Arthur and his team rule over the Yggdrasil with Xerneas, Yveltal and the mysterious 'Z' Pokemon. His Eevee evolved into Ratateon, the Normal type Squirrel Eeveelution, (based off of Ratatoskr, the squirrel messenger of Yggdrasil) and serves as the bringer of joy to the world, especially his home region, but evil lurks still... you, new hero, go forth and stop the evil! *Hero wakes up from dream, cue beginning of XY storyline*

This is the legend of the Champion of old:

The Champion of old, Arthur, had successfully managed to hold off an invading army from a far away region... only to die the next day, from serious injury. After the funeral, the people of the region had built a memorial to Arthur. They named it Castle de la Arthur, (no idea what that means) which was the new building for the Elite Four, in honor of Arthur. They erected a statue of him, and his team of Pokemon who perished with him out of broken hearts, in front of it so nobody would forget the story of Arthur. The legendary Pokemon of the region had recognized the sorrow of the people, and protect the Castle, and had Arthur ascend to Valhalla via the Yggdrasil, and now Arthur and his team rule over the Yggdrasil with Xerneas, Yveltal and the mysterious 'Z' Pokemon. His Eevee evolved into Ratateon, the Normal type Squirrel Eeveelution, (based off of Ratatoskr, the squirrel messenger of Yggdrasil) and serves as the bringer of joy to the world, especially his home region, but evil lurks still... you, new hero, go forth and stop the evil! *Hero wakes up from dream, cue beginning of XY storyline*
    I would be okay with that opening, especially in 3D. You could then cut to the protagonist getting dressed in front of the mirror before they leave on their journey.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore.com View Post

make up a legend! GO!
    Perhaps, they will change Eevee's typing from Normal to Ground. :X

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Perhaps, they will change Eevee's typing from Normal to Ground. :X
    Because...?

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Because...?
    Agreed, that'd be pointless.

Also, this is an even numbered gen, so we'll probably get 2 more eeveelutions.

EDIT: Here's my post from the Legends thread talking about what pokemon may appear in RSEmakes/FGLG Remakes/Pokemon Z

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    If I had to guess, we'll 60% have RSEmakes, 30% Kanto/Sevii separate or in them.

As for legends in XYZ. X and Y will NOT have any extra-region legendaries, but here's a nifty little prediction table for what happens regarding remakes:

NOTE: Assume Hoenn pokemon will be in Hoenn. Also, Mewtwo has never appeared outside of Kanto.

• (pokemon) Hoenn & Kanto/Just Hoenn
    • Hoenn (Mt Chimney)
    • Hoenn
    • Pokemon Z (Roaming after Lunar Wing In-Game Event)
    • Kanto/Hoenn
    • Kanto/Pokemon Z
    • Hoenn (Roaming) (Maybe Kanto because of Sinjoh connection)
    • Kanto (Sinjoh access?)/DP in Z, Distortion World Access in Hoenn.
    • Sevii Only/Hoenn (Even if there's Normal Kanto)
    • Pokemon Z (Possibly have the first 2 in XY, not likely)
    • Pokemon Z (+OD Link? Not starting this discussion, just saying if it DOES happen)

Z will not likely have as many as I gave it, for example, Platinum just had the addition of the Birds, which were still obtainable in HGSS, so pokemon may be obtainable in more than one game.
    A few comments region-wise on Z: My reaons for the Kami trio are it's Europe, lots of rain in some places.
    Lots of speculation on the OD, which is why I put those in Z.
    Dialga and Palkia because spreading things out, also lots of mythos in Europe.
    Beasts again because of weather.
    Cresellia, because she seems to appear in the new games.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...C3%A9mon_world

Also, quick Clarification that BW DOES take place after Gen1/3
    Last edited by Colegoco; 4th February 2013 at 1:33 AM.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

I would love to see the E4 in a historically important building, not just building out in the middle of nowhere. Maybe victory road will act like a test to see which trainers are worthy to enter the sacred temple or something. I want the Pokemon league location to have some significance, in a better way than gen 5, where out of nowhere a giant house tears through the building

An underground miner's town would be a great route. But maybe it could be post-game I hope, and you could help clean up an accident with Strength and Rock Smash and Rock Climb. Once you rescue all the miners and clean everything up, maybe there could be a DPPt underground thing that masses under part of the region and has multiple entrances, like the Abyssal Ruins in B/W.
    You mean like they did in Clay Tunnel in BW2? There was one section where you could create a shortcut by using Rock Smash to help a group of Workers clear some rocks, that'd be an interesting puzzle to expand upon. Although I'm not too keen on the idea of bringing back Rock Smash unless they beef up its base power. Like, at least 60-80ish.

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    I disagree.they almost perfected it in HGSS with the customization of areas and Pokemon found in them. Just make the waiting times shorter this time gf, but keep the wide arrangement and variety of rare Pokemon in different areas.
    Yeah, I like what HGSS did to the Safari Zone. Although that's more so because I love the idea of being able to design your own levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    So not having to constantly switch your team for HM slaves was a bad thing?
    This is why I liked Unova, there was enough for you to go exploring and HM's were not needed for the main game. I will agree that the post game was a let down(Black and White). Aside from that I really enjoyed the games.
    That's a slightly different issue. The de-emphasis of HMs was a much needed change, I'm glad they did it. What I'm referring to is general regional design. The storyline path is practically one straight shot from beginning to end, very little backtracking or optional paths throughout the game. There wasn't much of a sense of exploration to the games, they were railroading you down whatever path they wanted and giving you few opportunities to branch off and explore or complete the game in a way other than the one they intended.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I couldn't agree anymore!

Yeah, if they do add more water, there better be more marine life. Though to be quite frank, there's aleady enough water types.
    So sadly I think more water=more attack of the jellifish/Squid annoying situations (or) more water=more water types. Meaning either way we don't win.
    They just need enough of them in the regional dex. BW2 had plenty, they had Frillish, Alomomola, Wingull, Wailmer, Remoraid, Mantyke, Seel, Spheal, Psyduck, Buizel, etc. That's plenty, certainly enough to flesh out several water routes.

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    One way they can add more depth (joke) to underwater routes is to add some trainers that you can challenge, possibly a diver class. A pirate shipwreck would be a nice place to explore.
    Diver class would be nice. Pirate ship would be pretty neat too, but not necessarily innovative since RSE had a similar area (Abandoned Ship).

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    No. I want more water types...

Just bring back the amazing dive-areas! Add underwater caverns, shipwrecks (as someone has already mentioned), maybe even an underwater city?
    Underwater city could be cool, also, I had an idea for RS2 where Team Aqua would build an undersea base near Seafloor Cavern (to parallel the one Magma built inside Mt. Chimney), so based on that, maybe we could have an underwater laboratory? Possibly a cross between Marine Tube and this:

I think the droplets are an obstacle for the player to clear by bouncing on the spider webs. You can walk along the webs after you get rid of the droplets.

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Agreed, that'd be pointless.

Also, this is an even numbered gen, so we'll probably get 2 more eeveelutions.

EDIT: Here's my post from the Legends thread talking about what pokemon may appear in RSEmakes/FGLG Remakes/Pokemon Z

A few comments region-wise on Z: My reaons for the Kami trio are it's Europe, lots of rain in some places.
    Lots of speculation on the OD, which is why I put those in Z.
    Dialga and Palkia because spreading things out, also lots of mythos in Europe.
    Beasts again because of weather.
    Cresellia, because she seems to appear in the new games.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...C3%A9mon_world

Also, quick Clarification that BW DOES take place after Gen1/3
    If they're smart, they include past gen legendaries in XY as well, depending on how many they add this gen they may need 3 sets of games to distribute them all. So I think it may be like this:

XY:
    all 6th gen legendaries
    Bird trio (Since this game has a DNA theme, can Zapmolcuno be an actual thing outside the manga now?
    Mewtwo (ties in with the DNA theme quite nicely)
    Creation trio
    Lake trio

RS remakes:
    all 3rd gen legendaries
    Lugia/Ho-oh (possibly through a more fleshed out Navel Island that can be accessible without an event)
    Regigigas (obviously he will be in)
    Heatran (Mt. Chimney)
    Kami trio (possibly post game runners while Latios/Latias could be found before the Pokemon League)

Z/XY2:
    most of 6th gen legendaries (at the very least, all mascot legendaries and the trio)
    Beast trio (post game runners, perhaps?)
    Cresselia
    Muskedeer trio
    Tao trio
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Maybe there close enough to be seperated by only 1 region?
    That would be kind of nice. Seeing as that would be a perfect way for 7th gen to tie into both 5th, and 6th gens.
    Sort of like how Sinnoh, kind of tied off the Johto/Kanto land mass.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Some new area tropes I think they could do:

-Jungle (the vine swinging area looks like it could be one)
    -Haunted castle
    -Underground mining town (kind of like The Under, but less shady)
    -The sea lab area I mentioned above
    -An underwater ruins area done right (something that's not a random and unintuitive maze with a ridiculous step limit).
    -A bridge where you can actually explore its underside like that one section in the Highway level in Half Life 2 (and you would have to your first time through, after that you can take the main road like the bridges in Unova).
    -exploring the sky (through the use of Fly)

That's about all I can think of, might add more later.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 4th February 2013 at 7:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Some new area tropes I think they could do:

-Haunted castle
    No more haunted houses in Pokemon games, those things give me nightmares.

Page 59 of 314 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast