Page 61 of 314 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Unova is the only recent region which is not an island ( like Kanto) . That means that it has to have another region next to it. I'm hoping gen 6 will be that region .
    I hope not, tired of Unova.

Unova is the only recent region which is not an island ( like Kanto) . That means that it has to have another region next to it. I'm hoping gen 6 will be that region .
    What do you mean? Neither Kanto nor Johto are islands, they are coastal parts of a yet unknown greater landmass.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

The caves and other staple things really need overhauls. That image does seem to suggest that they are introducing new kinds of place. It looks like an observatory of some sort.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Quote Originally Posted by bloocookies View Post
    I hope there's more version exclusive layouts or looks for different places as there were in Black and White 2 (Reversal Mountain).
    -Jungle Areas or Rainforest areas (Constant Rain)
    -More Volcanic Areas (But it's France so nevermind)
    -More Towns built into the sea (Humilau City)
    -Towns on the Beach
    -Hills that have rows of houses on them.
    -Windmill town
    This region is not going to be called France, nor will it be identical to any real-world geographical area.
    Who's to say that this region, which has merely been speculated to have European influence, could not have some volcanic section?
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

The caves and other staple things really need overhauls. That image does seem to suggest that they are introducing new kinds of place. It looks like an observatory of some sort.

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    What do you mean? Neither Kanto nor Johto are islands, they are coastal parts of a yet unknown greater landmass.
    That is why I said 'recent' region. I meant Hoenn and Sinnoh. Unova is not an island similar to Kanto.

Well since the continent Kanto and Johto appear on has yet to be completely fleshed out, I'd say they don't have to right now. Besides, the route numbering suggests that the new region is far away from all previous regions (including Unova) just like how Unova was far away from the four that came before it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

That is why I said 'recent' region. I meant Hoenn and Sinnoh. Unova is not an island similar to Kanto.
    Ok, I see it now. Your syntax was a little confusing on the first post, that's all. When you mentioned Kanto it suggested that you were referring to Kanto as an island.

I really hope this doesn't signify the end of Japan-based regions. I know there isn't much space left but it wouldn't feel the same if the regions went permanently international.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

If I'm honest.. after playing all the way through black I still had no idea the region was based on the new york(?) until I read it somewhere, so I personally don't feel that the real life place it's based on makes that much of a difference
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

I agree that the new region seems to take heavy inspiration from France, but I'm hoping that there is an island part of the region based on the UK, that would be awesome! British bulldog here we come...

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

I can't see it being near Unova. If it was near Unova it wouldn't have reset its route numbers.

Edit: I wouldn't be against it being near Unova however.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I think we know it will be some-what similar to France, from the clues we've gotten.

And It's most likely not next to Unova, because if you see one of the images, a sign says "3", most likely meaning Route 3. That means that it's separate from other regions.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Nobody said they had to be connected. It's not like Iran and Iraq have the same route numbers? (I have no idea what I'm saying XD)

I hope like with the generation 2 games you can travel between this new region and unova(and if it is at all humanly possible go to other past regions or put something totally unexpected in that can be traveled to like the orange islands or better yet oore).
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by YellowHat's Revenge View Post
    This region is not going to be called France, nor will it be identical to any real-world geographical area.
    Who's to say that this region, which has merely been speculated to have European influence, could not have some volcanic section?
    Yeah, I mean there's no volcano on the banks of the East River, nor is there a dense forest at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge! Just because a region is made to be geographically and culturally similar to a real-world place, does not necessarily mean that it has to be topographically similar. There aren't any mountain ranges anywhere close to the island of Manhattan.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

6th Region, Europe, France; what more can I say.

On a serious note, I do have great expectation from this region.
    The trailer showed there is greater interaction w/ the environment.
    I hope this is full scale & GF gives us lots of Tarzan style swinging & crazy stuff that stretches the imagination & experience.

Personally, I'd like to see GF go creative here since the region is based of France/Paris/Europe.
    I want to see more dynamic and detailed environments.
    Distortion world was amazing IMO and very creative from GF.
    More of that would be nice, cept something less creepy and more aestheically brighter.

There's not much to say until we get more screenshots, the speculation continues..
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I really hope this doesn't signify the end of Japan-based regions. I know there isn't much space left but it wouldn't feel the same if the regions went permanently international.
    Aside from the possibility of developing the existing Japanese inspired regions (Kanto and Johto could use some expansions), I think we are. And I don't see why that's such a bad thing, it'd get pretty boring if they made 15 regions based on Japan. Although I would like to see more of the U.S. at some point (probably won't happen for a while, though).
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    I hope not, tired of Unova.
    I agree. Though I wouldn't mind this region being connected to Unova via another region.
    Maybe 7th gen region?
    Sort of like how Sinnoh was connected to Kanto and Johto.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Sort of like how Sinnoh was connected to Kanto and Johto.
    Right, that's why Sinjoh Ruins is far away from both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    6th Region, Europe, France; what more can I say.

On a serious note, I do have great expectation from this region.
    The trailer showed there is greater interaction w/ the environment.
    I hope this is full scale & GF gives us lots of Tarzan style swinging & crazy stuff that stretches the imagination & experience.

Personally, I'd like to see GF go creative here since the region is based of France/Paris/Europe.
    I want to see more dynamic and detailed environments.
    Distortion world was amazing IMO and very creative from GF.
    More of that would be nice, cept something less creepy and more aestheically brighter.

There's not much to say until we get more screenshots, the speculation continues..
    You can't really say we've gotten interactive environments from a 1 second scene in a trailer. It was most likely a gym puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    I hope like with the generation 2 games you can travel between this new region and unova(and if it is at all humanly possible go to other past regions or put something totally unexpected in that can be traveled to like the orange islands or better yet oore).
    I doubt you'd be able to travel back to Unova. It'd seem kinda pointless to introduce a new region a generation ago, only to majority revamp it 3 years later, it'd be a complete overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    You can't really say we've gotten interactive environments from a 1 second scene in a trailer. It was most likely a gym puzzle.

I doubt you'd be able to travel back to Unova. It'd seem kinda pointless to introduce a new region a generation ago, only to majority revamp it 3 years later, it'd be a complete overhaul
    Yes please, NO TRAVELING TO UNOVA! Its redundant.
    I'm up for them being somewhat close to each other and all, heck maybe bring back some old faces,
    Like Bianca or Cheren. But really we don't need to go back to Unova.
    What we need is Hoenn!

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Why do people keep thinking this is a gym puzzle? There's absolutely nothing to suggest that.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Yes please, NO TRAVELING TO UNOVA! Its redundant.
    I'm up for them being somewhat close to each other and all, heck maybe bring back some old faces,
    Like Bianca or Cheren. But really we don't need to go back to Unova.
    What we need is Hoenn!
    How is it redundant, exactly. It could offer more GPS, e4, an other champ and story, all desirable.

For god.sake will people stfu abouth hoenn? It'll eventually get. Dam.ed remake sobtop polluting the XY threads with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Why do people keep thinking this is a gym puzzle? There's absolutely nothing to suggest that.

Probably because it's so out of place and out of the norm from regular routes/cities/buildins. That why people knew that the roller coaster shot from the first b/w trailer was a gym.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    How is it redundant, exactly. It could offer more GPS, e4, an other champ and story, all desirable.

For god.sake will people stfu abouth hoenn? It'll eventually get. Dam.ed remake sobtop polluting the XY threads with it!
    First of all YOU stfu. I'm sure just because your sick of hearing about doesn't mean I have to be quite about, let alone anybody else.
    Last time I checked that's what these forums were for.

On a lighter subject: IMO it would be redundant only because we had just finished up two whole games with differing storylines IN Unova.
    And it would just seem like an over repitition. Again, I would have no problem with characters from Unova trickling into 6th gen, but to allow us to explore this generation yet again, is a bit overkill. (If you ask me)
    And I know people would agree with this jut because its these same forums that I've read about how people were annoyed by how Kanto was revisited in aalmost every gen.
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 7th February 2013 at 9:40 AM.

Page 61 of 314 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast