Page 65 of 314 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Remember, they had to animate it and all that crap...

Anyone hoping for a UK region/Area/Sub-Region?
    Would be pretty cool for post-game like Bolt said.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Would be pretty cool for post-game like Bolt said.
    Yup, Maybe w/ some Gyms?

Aberdeen, Scotland would be good for a water gym due to its two rivers, impressive harbours, beaches and cliffs and connections to the fishing and oil buisnesses in it's history. Plus the Torry Battery would make a good spooky area. Or the city could be a rock-type area due to it's status as the Granite city. Plus it's important to Europe: it's Europe's Oil Capital.

I hope we get music to suit with the regions, liek this:

Scottish areas with country themes (Cities are pretty High-Tech in Scotland nowadays, so maybe some Techno/Rock vibe?) and slight Bagpipe?
    French areas with acordians and vintage music
    Spanish areas with Lentimas-like music
    English areas with classical posh music, while London-like cities would have punk-ish music.

Would be cool, right?

Soundtrack by Daft Punk!
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    Soundtrack by Daft Punk!
    If GF did this they could STFU and take my f*cking money RIGHT now.

I seriously think that the france place will have a grape poke.

there was a rumor with a grape pokemon and it fits very nicely. Its first stage could a 1 grape then i could evolve into a grapevine with red/green grapes

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I want actual details in this months CoroCoro. Like region name, or maybe
    Official Protagonist names and artwork. Something that'll keep up our appetite.
    Yea I want those too, I mentioned it in the characters topic!

CoroCoro might leak tomorrow? I really hope it does, if it doesn't then I guess we'll have to wait till the 12th...
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

...Or the 11th...
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

I hope that we get some vast valleys. we've never had them done bfore, have we...

I hope that we get some vast valleys. we've never had them done bfore, have we...
    Well, we had valleys before...
    :: Ruin Valley on Fortune Island (Sevii) where the Dotted Hole is located
    :: Sinnoh's Route 205 is a valley, where the Valley Windworks and Fuego Ironworks are located.

But these valleys doesn't really look like valleys at all.
    XY will surely be able to give terrain justice.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'm hoping for a regal plaza of massive proportions.

I can't wait to see what the inside of the observatory looks like. With the step up in the franchise, I can only imagine the details inside it unless observatories don't have that much secluded inside the building.

one thing i really want to know are the characters. the evil team. are old characters coming back. and stuff. (I want N in this game:3)
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

One interesting area to have is a large hedge maze...

Assuming that chateau area we've seen in the trailer is really based on the Palace of Versailles, I hope the garden area will be based on "the labyrinth of Versailles" (it was removed in 1778 though). The said labyrinth is a hedge maze with 39 fountains and sculptures depicting Aesop's fables. It would be interesting if the fountains are changed into Pokemon statues though.

But whether or not they do the above, a hedge maze would still be cool to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnycupcakes View Post
    one thing i really want to know are the characters. the evil team. are old characters coming back. and stuff. (I want N in this game:3)
    You might want to go the Character Discussion/Speculation thread.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

If its the palace of Versailles, screw the hedge maze, I want the hall of mirrors. Maybe give us a mirror possessing ghost, like Rotom and the appliances.
    BLAH

Region wise my hopes/ideas are:

An old village area with hilly landscapes, and willow trees with cottages and maybe even some standing stones, maybe if were going by Europe it could be traditional Irish country side.. If so maybe new grange could be incorporated.

As for the water route/routes, I'd love to see a lot of diving loved going underwater in previous games, maybe underwater mazes and caves, some areas only accessible by diving. Also I'd love to see this in the stunning graphics.
    Id also love to see waves in the sea.
    Since I always love water areas I can't wait to see whirlpools, waterfalls ect..

As for a desert area is love to see more quick sand and maybe more to the landscape than just a plain sandstorm area.

Swamp area, like the great Marsh with rain and quick mud, also would love to see a great big filthy lake with Pokemon such as corphish and whiscash in it.

Im also really hoping for a great big castle/church with lots of floors and dungeon underground and a big bell on top. With a nice regal design and gargoyles ect...

Loved the forest areas in gen5 especially going trough those logs
    I'd love too see a more jungle area, with big rivers waterfalls and vines. Kind of a rain forest.

Would like a grave yard spooky creepy area with dead trees and filled with broke down buildings and ghost type Pokemon.

As for snowy routes its one of my favorite types, frozen over lakes that if u walk on too much they break and u can surf in them and find some cool Pokemon, big snowy mountain scapes with forests and maybe even a glacier.

Im not a fan of caves but I'd love to see one with crystals in the walls and swarming with bat Pokemon hehe.

And
    One of my biggest hopes is for a whimsical area with giant mushrooms and distorted things.

And a maze! I love mazes!!!

Just some of my ideas and hopes

As for the post above, I love the mirror idea!
    Would be a great addition.
    Last edited by adamfitz; 10th February 2013 at 3:14 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Region wise my hopes/ideas are:

An old village area with hilly landscapes, and willow trees with cottages and maybe even some standing stones, maybe if were going by Europe it could be traditional Irish country side.. If so maybe new grange could be incorporated.

As for the water route/routes, I'd love to see a lot of diving loved going underwater in previous games, maybe underwater mazes and caves, some areas only accessible by diving. Also I'd love to see this in the stunning graphics.
    Id also love to see waves in the sea.
    Since I always love water areas I can't wait to see whirlpools, waterfalls ect..

As for a desert area is love to see more quick sand and maybe more to the landscape than just a plain sandstorm area.

Swamp area, like the great Marsh with rain and quick mud, also would love to see a great big filthy lake with Pokemon such as corphish and whiscash in it.

Im also really hoping for a great big castle/church with lots of floors and dungeon underground and a big bell on top. With a nice regal design and gargoyles ect...

Loved the forest areas in gen5 especially going trough those logs
    I'd love too see a more jungle area, with big rivers waterfalls and vines. Kind of a rain forest.

Would like a grave yard spooky creepy area with dead trees and filled with broke down buildings and ghost type Pokemon.

As for snowy routes its one of my favorite types, frozen over lakes that if u walk on too much they break and u can surf in them and find some cool Pokemon, big snowy mountain scapes with forests and maybe even a glacier.

Im not a fan of caves but I'd love to see one with crystals in the walls and swarming with bat Pokemon hehe.

And
    One of my biggest hopes is for a whimsical area with giant mushrooms and distorted things.

And a maze! I love mazes!!!

Just some of my ideas and hopes

As for the post above, I love the mirror idea!
    Would be a great addition.
    All great ideas. I'd like to see a waterway, like a canal, with ferrys and a port town.

I kinda hope this region is like a hybrid of Kanto/Johto. And I don't mean where they're right on top of each other.

Kanto I loved because I felt that most of the cities were all within walking distance, and you weren't forced to fly everywhere(I felt this way in later games).

Johto was my favorite design. The routes were long, but they weren't unbearably long. The caves were well done. And the Sea route was perfect, not too long, and easy enough to navigate.

Hoenn's design was another favorite of mine as well. Maybe with a little less water though...
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I kinda hope this region is like a hybrid of Kanto/Johto. And I don't mean where they're right on top of each other.

Kanto I loved because I felt that most of the cities were all within walking distance, and you weren't forced to fly everywhere(I felt this way in later games).

Johto was my favorite design. The routes were long, but they weren't unbearably long. The caves were well done. And the Sea route was perfect, not too long, and easy enough to navigate.

Hoenn's design was another favorite of mine as well. Maybe with a little less water though...
    The bolded sentence. It breaks my heart. You can't have less water in the water world !!

Anyway, what do you mean by hybrid ?? Like half of kanto and half of johto ??

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post

Gotta bear in mind that Kanto was done during the early stages of Pokemon, with older technology and when we didn't have running shoes / obscene biking speeds a la Mach Bike.

That being said, I don't like unbearably long routes much, unless they're interspersed with Doctors and Nurses - it's also worth noting that this could push the boundaries of what Game Freak deems as being "acceptable distance" between cities, since one of the biggest concerns would be the need for a Pokemon Centre.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Let me get this straight - people are acctually complaining that the pokemon regions are too big now? O.o
    Really people?? I know it's a hand held title and all but come on...

My secret dream is of course to one day see an open world kind of region - one where you could travel in any direction you wanted and beat the Gyms in any order you like. Mind you this only a pipe-dream though, and I know it'll probably never happen so long as Game Freak makes the games.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    Soundtrack by Daft Punk!

^This.

---

I like the idea of a Hall of Mirrors, especially if there's a gimmick Pokemon to go with it.

About the region being too big, they're saying the routes are too long. I agree with this, especially when I'm training some lower-levels, like a lvl. 40 Route and I'm training 35's with some typing disadvantages. So shorter but cooler routes would be better, maybe with several different gimmicks in different parts of the region. I'm all up for larger towns, lakes, Victory Roads (Post-game content here, and in other caves/routes, main story longgg routes are bad juju)
    Last edited by Maya The Awesome; 10th February 2013 at 7:56 PM.

Right! Omg I would simply keel over!
    And ofcourse this is unrealistic, thy should add a way for us to be able to listen/add our own soundtracks if we wanted to.
    I mean a 3ds does allow for someone to insert an SD card anyways.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Every Gen has these kinds of area:

Riverside
    River
    Sea
    Beach
    Mountain (Interior)
    Mountain (Exterior)
    Cave
    Town
    City
    Industrial
    Forest

While some reccuring ones are:

Battle Facility
    Volcano/Volcanic Cave
    Oceanic Cave
    Valley
    Snow
    Cliffs

Ones I'd like to see:

French Vineyard (Cherubi and Grape Poke and other Grass common. Posion and Flying reccuring)
    Spanish Vineyard (Ditto, but with higher leveled Pokes and it'd always be sunny. Tauros found. Possible Cherrim evo would be evil/awesome here!)
    Harbor (Steel, Poison, Electric and Water)
    Graveyard (Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Bug)
    Catacombs (Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Bug, Fighting, Rock and Ground)
    Sky (Flying exclusive)
    Sunken (Pirate) Ship (Steel, Water and one Legend)
    Taiga

So from the screens of the game we've seen in the trailer, it seems focused on France (we already knew that), most places seem to be based of real life places in France, you have the effiel tower of course, then the castle looks like the french palace, those weird metal dome things look like space research observatories in the alps in France, but the 4th one that kinda reminds me of a Savannah- but isnt, quite closely resembles the areas around lake Geneva in Switzerland, and the plantation is different there from in the other screenshots. So I'd say it has a strong basis on France, but does expand out into other European countries!

Are you guys saying that we should stare at France from Google Earth and hope for revolutions to appear in our heads?

Page 65 of 314 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast