Page 68 of 314 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    I hope they introduce new biomes, I'm kind of sick being restricted to snow, water, forest and desert. I'd love to see an active volcano, especially in 3D, perhaps even controlled flight, but battling would be ridiculous, imagine having a whalmer in an aerial battle
    well you kind of have to settle with one...
    Those are kind of the only biomes that can be based in a european setting.
    Though I must agree, a Volcano would be awesome in 3-D!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

imagine having a whalmer in an aerial battle
    No crazier than a Diglett battling on water or a non Water type battling underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Why more biomes? There's not much more than that. Volcano already exists, Lakes are there, Jungles already exist too, Sky is there, Flower garden thingie is there, ocean is there, underwater is there, city is there, sewage is there, village is there...

What more do you want?
    I think what he's getting at is there needs to be more variety. Most of these area tropes already exist (except Jungle and Sky), but they're all usually pretty plain and generic. I'd like to see more interesting things done with them, like how Chargestone Cave was a cave with an electromagnetic theme to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Basically, we can expect these kind of biomes if it's based on more than france:

Wide, foggy/dark/lush forests
    Amazing cliffs
    Storming seas
    Mythical Lakes
    Elegant Artchitecture
    Cliffside cave
    Rocky Beaches
    Generic Beaches
    Rainy Cities
    Sunny Metropolises
    Dry Plains
    Artic Plains (The tip of Scandinavia is in the artic circle. intesrting, as the Ygrassidal myth originates from here, and the legends are speculated to be related to this.)
    Hilly Farmland
    Vast Parks
    Colourful Vallies
    And that;s just a few.

Vinyards! If it is in France it should have some of them

One thing I don't get... if the region is based off of France, then why use Nordic mythology? France has a lot of its own mythology that GF could have used.

That makes me think that this region is more Europe as a whole than just France.

Quote Originally Posted by FennekinFan View Post
    Vinyards! If it is in France it should have some of them

One thing I don't get... if the region is based off of France, then why use Nordic mythology? France has a lot of its own mythology that GF could have used.

That makes me think that this region is more Europe as a whole than just France.
    Unova was based on New York, and yet they didn't use absolutely anything from Native American mythology.

They even used Kami and Dumas's Three Musketeers.

The choice of region basis has absolutely nothing to do with the choice of legendaries, as proved.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I really think we'll have sky areas sometime soon..

We can walk on land, we can use surf to travel on water and we can use dive to travel underwater.. so it'd only make sense for us to be able to travel in the sky (and controlling it)
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

Its possible that they will introduce a flying area this gen.

They had a fair amount of it in the Ranger game Guardian Signs, and it worked well enough there.

I'd love a sky area, preferably after you get HM Fly.
    I'm awesome

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    well you kind of have to settle with one...
    Those are kind of the only biomes that can be based in a european setting.
    Though I must agree, a Volcano would be awesome in 3-D!
    Yeah, but the biomes aren't restricted to what the irl locations consist of, New York is no where near a desert or mountains, nor is the Brooklyn bridge anywhere near a Forrest. Generally regions take a similar shape to the irl location, add a few landmarks which symbolise the irl landmarks and then they do whatever they want to the rest

If flying is implemented into this gen, how will it stop people from flying to every city before they can via walking the route, for instance, let's say you get fly after the 4th gym, how will the game stop the person from flying to the 8th badge location? Oooooo on second thought, they might say "the path ahead is unclear" or something.
    Last edited by pkmntraineramit; 13th February 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Yeah, but the biomes aren't restricted to what the irl locations consist of, New York is no where near a desert or mountains, nor is the Brooklyn bridge anywhere near a Forrest. Generally regions take a similar shape to the irl location, add a few landmarks which symbolise the irl landmarks and then they do whatever they want to the rest

If flying is implemented into this gen, how will it stop people from flying to every city before they can via walking the route, for instance, let's say you get fly after the 4th gym, how will the game stop the person from flying to the 8th badge location? Oooooo on second thought, they might say "the path ahead is unclear" or something.
    Personally, I hate that fly is available so early on in the game. But clouds blocking the path would work, or having it be used to get to some floating temple/base (a better way to navigate to the plasma frigate in BW2) by using fly in a specific spot simmilar to dive.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Coming here just to say that I want to see something like the marine tube in 3D.

I'd be happy with the new region being based off of both England and France. Foxes are native to England because of the fox hunts, and the legs of frogs are a delicacy in France, so my guess makes perfect sense.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

They had a fair amount of it in the Ranger game Guardian Signs, and it worked well enough there.
    Can't say that id hate this. It would be rather beautiful! Perhaps, a place to find DW ability pokemon?

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

...hence a flying type eeveelution... ninfia?
    FC: 2793-1148-2460

Quote Originally Posted by Nekagi View Post
    I'd be happy with the new region being based off of both England and France. Foxes are native to England because of the fox hunts, and the legs of frogs are a delicacy in France, so my guess makes perfect sense.
    The trailer didn't suggest England at all. Starter pokemon designs rarely reflect the irl location. There was a fake trailer that incorporated Big Ben and various other English locations btw

Well I'm thinking that using Fly to warp to other cities will just stay the same as it was basically, the only difference would be that you would have to go into the sky first and then select a city (much like in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs). So if they do it like that, they can just make the other cities not selectable like they usually do.

Although if sky exploration is implemented, I wouldn't be surprised if they made cities that could only be accessed by flying to them. Kind of like how you had to use Dive to reach Sootopolis, except in this case it might be a mountain town which is too steep to reach by foot and you'd have to use Fly and follow a particular path there.

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Personally, I hate that fly is available so early on in the game. But clouds blocking the path would work, or having it be used to get to some floating temple/base (a better way to navigate to the plasma frigate in BW2) by using fly in a specific spot simmilar to dive.
    Like Sky Fortress in Guardian Signs? That'd be awesome, I loved that part of the game where you're trying to Fly to it and you have to dodge the giant lasers it's firing at you.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Can't say that id hate this. It would be rather beautiful! Perhaps, a place to find DW ability pokemon?
    Probably not, because there's a limited amount of Pokemon that could inhabit sky areas. I think it'll mainly be Flying types, probably these in particular:

-Any regional bird
    -Skarmory
    -Vullaby/Rufflet (or more likely, their evolved forms)
    -Drifloon/Drifblim
    -Wingull/Pelipper
    -Ducklett/Swanna
    -Murkrow
    -Swablu/Altaria
    -Vibrava/Flygon
    -possibly Togetic
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Well I'm thinking that using Fly to warp to other cities will just stay the same as it was basically, the only difference would be that you would have to go into the sky first and then select a city (much like in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs). So if they do it like that, they can just make the other cities not selectable like they usually do.

Although if sky exploration is implemented, I wouldn't be surprised if they made cities that could only be accessed by flying to them. Kind of like how you had to use Dive to reach Sootopolis, except in this case it might be a mountain town which is too steep to reach by foot and you'd have to use Fly and follow a particular path there.

Like Sky Fortress in Guardian Signs? That'd be awesome, I loved that part of the game where you're trying to Fly to it and you have to dodge the giant lasers it's firing at you.

Probably not, because there's a limited amount of Pokemon that could inhabit sky areas. I think it'll mainly be Flying types, probably these in particular:

-Any regional bird
    -Skarmory
    -Vullaby/Rufflet (or more likely, their evolved forms)
    -Drifloon/Drifblim
    -Wingull/Pelipper
    -Ducklett/Swanna
    -Murkrow
    -Swablu/Altaria
    -Vibrava/Flygon
    -possibly Togetic
    So, a few comments, there are two options, have a flying route at some point in the plot to get to a cloud/base, or having fly be used at you have a flying animation with a certian % chance you encounter one of X pokemon.

As for the pokemon, I disagree,

In addition to what you said :

Zubat/Golbat (night)
    Natu/Xatu
    Hoothoot/Noctowl (Night)
    Gligar
    Ledyba/Ledian
    Woobat/Swoobat (night)
    Combee
    Beautifly
    Buterfree
    Cotonee/Whimsicot
    Hoppip/Skimloom/Jumpluff
    Beedrill
    Venomoth
    Scyther
    Yanma
    Duston
    Masquerein
    Ninjask
    Misdreavious (night)
    Shuppet (night)
    Sunkern
    Dratini/Dragonair
    Chimecho
    Ghastly/Haunter (night)

I'm sure there are more that I missed, but the sky could be great area to capture a diverse set of pokemon

The Dream Team:

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Zubat/Golbat (night)
    Natu/Xatu
    Hoothoot/Noctowl (Night)
    Gligar
    Ledyba/Ledian
    Woobat/Swoobat (night)
    Combee
    Beautifly
    Buterfree
    Cotonee/Whimsicot
    Hoppip/Skimloom/Jumpluff
    Beedrill
    Venomoth
    Scyther
    Yanma
    Duston
    Masquerein
    Ninjask
    Misdreavious (night)
    Shuppet (night)
    Sunkern
    Dratini/Dragonair
    Chimecho
    Ghastly/Haunter (night)

I'm sure there are more that I missed, but the sky could be great area to capture a diverse set of pokemon
    A lot of those aren't too reasonable, while all of them can fly or float, not a lot of those would likely make their habitats in high altitudes. So out of those, I would think the only remotely reasonable ones would be:

-Golbat/Crobat
    -Xatu
    -Hoothoot/Noctowl (which I already counted along with every other regional bird)
    -Gligar
    -Ledyba/Ledian
    -Woobat/Swoobat
    -Vespiquen
    -Beautifly
    -Butterfree
    -Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
    -Beedrill
    -Venomoth
    -Yanma
    -Dustox
    -Masquerain
    -Ninjask

And even those would be a stretch.

A lot of those aren't too reasonable, while all of them can fly or float, not a lot of those would likely make their habitats in high altitudes. So out of those, I would think the only remotely reasonable ones would be:

-Golbat/Crobat
    -Xatu
    -Hoothoot/Noctowl (which I already counted along with every other regional bird)
    -Gligar
    -Ledyba/Ledian
    -Woobat/Swoobat
    -Vespiquen
    -Beautifly
    -Butterfree
    -Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
    -Beedrill
    -Venomoth
    -Yanma
    -Dustox
    -Masquerain
    -Ninjask

And even those would be a stretch.
    Well, one could argue that with fly you can travel in 3 dimensions. left/right using the scroller, and up/down with the D pad, allowing you to find different pokemon when flying through tall grass thick clouds

The Dream Team:

Well, one could argue that with fly you can travel in 3 dimensions. left/right using the scroller, and up/down with the D pad, allowing you to find different pokemon when flying through tall grass thick clouds
    First of all, what "scroller" are you talking about? Do you mean the Circle Pad? Second, I doubt they'll let you change altitudes in the sky, that'd be too complicated even with that control scheme you proposed.

First of all, what "scroller" are you talking about? Do you mean the Circle Pad? Second, I doubt they'll let you change altitudes in the sky, that'd be too complicated even with that control scheme you proposed.
    Maybe, but you never know, or the flight path itself could vary, in that it goes up and down, like a hill.

The Dream Team:

Saying that is like saying they should let you adjust your depth with dive, but there's no real point to it, it should be set to a specific altitude.

Saying that is like saying they should let you adjust your depth with dive, but there's no real point to it, it should be set to a specific altitude.
    Again, rather than that it'd be more like it's a hilly path and you're going up and down, and in different sections you find different pokemon.

The Dream Team:

Again, rather than that it'd be more like it's a hilly path and you're going up and down, and in different sections you find different pokemon.
    I don't really think doing something like this just to add more Pokemon there is a good idea, the amount of Pokemon I listed should be more than enough to fill the region's skies.

I am curios if Dragon Village will be in the new region. Isn't Iris village suppose to be just outside of Unova? Lotsa Dragon types there.

Page 68 of 314 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast