Page 74 of 314 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I wouldn't like something like that, it'd be harder to handle backtracking and exploration.
    Well there'd obviously be a pokemon centre on each so flying would be easy, and the large amount of water would please a lot of people
    It could also make it a lot less linear as you could decide which island to go to next (but the levels would remain the same and so you could be punished for rushing ahead)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Well there'd obviously be a pokemon centre on each so flying would be easy, and the large amount of water would please a lot of people
    It could also make it a lot less linear as you could decide which island to go to next (but the levels would remain the same and so you could be punished for rushing ahead)
    And make Tentacool more abundant then Zubat, where all hell will break loose. Plus, Europe/France doesn't have dozens of dozens of islands, unless your reffering to the UK, Scotland in particular. I hope the region is big as hell!

I want to see mountains like the Alps in the region. Would love to go on a little hike up one, maybe use HM Rock Climb to help scale up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I want to see mountains like the Alps in the region. Would love to go on a little hike up one, maybe use HM Rock Climb to help scale up.
    Europe does have many mountain regions, so this is highly feasible. Rivers and coasts are pretty likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I'm not sure a game in which you could do the gyms in any order would work that well, they'd need at least some sense of progression. At any rate, that's not what I'm talking about. Older regions like Hoenn and Sinnoh were a lot better when it came to exploration, because they struck the right balance between freedom and progression. You had options, but you still had to do certain events in a certain order. With your idea, everything would be pretty much laid out from the beginning and you're just island hopping, and it'd be very boring and tedious to explore.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Lemme put it to you this way:

Japan isn't anywhere near as big as Europe, and they squeezed 5 regions out of that (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Almia). Why should they limit all of Europe to just one? They could easily make 20 regions based on Europe.
    shou

Then they should find a way to sqeeze fifty regions out of the United States. But jingoism might prevent them from doing this.

Also, do regions from non-main games even count? As far as the development of the main series goes, Almia doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsILikeThem View Post
    shou

Then they should find a way to sqeeze fifty regions out of the United States. But jingoism might prevent them from doing this.

Also, do regions from non-main games even count? As far as the development of the main series goes, Almia doesn't exist.
    Only regions from the main series (those developed by GAMEFREAK) are considered canon.
    So, yeah, Kanto, Sevii Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova are the only official regions.

But I think GF are also aware of the spin-off regions and will probably no longer consider those.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

shou

I don't think they'll be making another U.S. inspired region again for a while. And I kind of doubt they'll use every square inch of the country as inspiration for a region, especially more landlocked areas since those would be fairly boring regions. I would like them to eventually make a region based on my home state of Maryland (and not just because of personal bias, they could make some interesting locations based on it), but no one really cares about us so that probably won't happen for a while. DX
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

As far as regions go, if they make another one based on the USA, I'd love to see California, but Europe is huge, and so is France, I don't see why they would need to split Europe up so much.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    As far as regions go, if they make another one based on the USA, I'd love to see California
    That'd be my first guess for the next U.S. inspired region. Either that, Florida, Texas, or New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    but Europe is huge, and so is France, I don't see why they would need to split Europe up so much.
    You pretty much just answered your own question.

Speaking of State inspired region, you'd think Unova would include the statue of liberty or at least something similar to it within the region considering that is New York's biggest landmark. They included Liberty Island(Liberty Garden) but no statue of Liberty. Hopefully they don't leave out certain landmarks in X and Y

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Only regions from the main series (those developed by GAMEFREAK) are considered canon.
    So, yeah, Kanto, Sevii Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova are the only official regions.

But I think GF are also aware of the spin-off regions and will probably no longer consider those.
    The Ranger Regions (except Oblivia) were referenced in DPPt a few times by NPC's though... One stating (s)he came from Fiore, and the other saying (S)he just came back from a vacation in Almia.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Speaking of State inspired region, you'd think Unova would include the statue of liberty or at least something similar to it within the region considering that is New York's biggest landmark. They included Liberty Island(Liberty Garden) but no statue of Liberty. Hopefully they don't leave out certain landmarks in X and Y
    That lighthouse where you find Victini was the Statue of Liberty.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    That lighthouse where you find Victini was the Statue of Liberty.
    I hope you're joking. That thing does not even resemble a statue.

I hope you're joking. That thing does not even resemble a statue.
    It still has the same function though, and someone referenced a statue being there in German version or something ike that.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It still has the same function though, and someone referenced a statue being there in German version or something ike that.
    Same function? How so?

Same function? How so?
    Isn't RL a light source or something? If it is, there. Same function.

I's also a big useless structure on some island. Same function.

Isn't RL a light source or something? If it is, there. Same function.

I's also a big useless structure on some island. Same function.
    Well the statue of Liberty serves more as a tourist attraction where you can go inside and stuff not really a light house. But I guess...

They could have at least made it look more statue-like instead of it being a a Light house. -_-

Well the statue of Liberty serves more as a tourist attraction where you can go inside and stuff not really a light house. But I guess...

They could have at least made it look more statue-like instead of it being a a Light house. -_-
    Well, it would probably offend some people, as it is Liberty after all. Liberty isn't in some countries.

Well, it would probably offend some people, as it is Liberty after all. Liberty isn't in some countries.
    I see. Still, it's called LIBERTY Gardens lol

I see. Still, it's called LIBERTY Gardens lol
    Only on the signs and the map, and not many use it anyway.

But it could also have to do with the fact nobody would know why a statue is there or what urpose it serves, since, USA isn't even a quarter of the world population.

Eg. I know it's supposed to represent Liberty, but I find it to be utterly useless, and so does the rest of the world.

As Pokemon is the future, it is possible the Statue of Liberty was destroyed centuries before. It could be a pile of rubble. It might also have been transformed into a lighthouse by some later generation, as others have suggested.

And again, the Eiffel Tower might have gotten eroded or something by the future in which Pokemon is set, so there is no guarantee that it will be in a region based on France.

And speaking of France, they gave us the parts to build the Statue of Liberty, and it was constructed over here in the place it now stands. But GameFreak should be thinking of the future as it is in the Pokemon world, not how contemporary people would view that future.
    Last edited by GirlsILikeThem; 20th February 2013 at 5:46 AM.

As Pokemon is the future, it is possible the Statue of Liberty was destroyed centuries before. It could be a pile of rubble. It might also have been transformed into a lighthouse by some later generation, as others have suggested.

And again, the Eiffel Tower might have gotten eroded or something by the future in which Pokemon is set, so there is no guarantee that it will be in a region based on France.
    Why do you think it's the future? It's most likely an alternate universe as proven by the DPPt games stating there are infinite universes for every single different choice, move,mor something done by every creature or thing that does or doesn't exist.

Only on the signs and the map, and not many use it anyway.

But it could also have to do with the fact nobody would know why a statue is there or what urpose it serves, since, USA isn't even a quarter of the world population.

Eg. I know it's supposed to represent Liberty, but I find it to be utterly useless, and so does the rest of the world.
    I guess.

You right though. I wish it served more purpose. I mean we did have the Victini event but I never actually got it though i did see it and they had so much potential with Liberty Garden and wasted it.

And speaking of France, they gave us the parts to build the Statue of Liberty, and it was constructed over here in the place it now stands. But GameFreak should be thinking of the future as it is in the Pokemon world, not how contemporary people would view that future.
    So in the future animals will mutate and develop strange powers like breathing fire and producing lightning and for some moving things with their mind? ok.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 20th February 2013 at 5:51 AM.

I guess.

You right though. I wish it served more purpose. I mean we did have the Victini event but I never actually got it though i did see it and they had so much potential with Liberty Garden and wasted it.
    I wish they would've designed the area differently so the secret basement was actually, you know, a secret, and not just the damn front door. Like maybe we could go in, climb the tower, and then on your way back down find out about the secret entrance.

Page 74 of 314 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast