Page 80 of 314 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

- The Pyryneeys.
    - A Safari Zone.
    - A Jungle with waterfalls, palmtrees, jungle noises and lots of rain.
    - Paris Catacombs
    - Tour De France circuit
    - PokéVogue
    - Cannes Pokéfilmfestival
    - A Powerstation or two at the Belgian border, for electric and steel pokémon.
    - Castle Of Versailles (check?)
    - A Dessert with a laboratory (check?)
    - Eiffeltower (check)
    - Daft Punk reference.
    - A Bakery, maybe the comeback of puffins/baguettes?
    - All the shops from join avenue as solo shops across the country.
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

I know this might just be me being a huge car fan but Le Mans 24h should also be somehow referenced in this game. It is after all one of the most iconic races in the history of motorsport.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Pokemon's Facebook page asked how many games Kanto has appeared in.

Kanto confirmed for XY, fight Red and Lyra who have Mewtwo and Mew, old man glitch returns

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Look up definition of "TOMB."

What I meant by "towers" I meant I liked the idea of a "graveyard-esque"
    Area where ghosts could inhabit.
    Yeah, but towers aren't the only places that Ghost types can inhabit. In fact, they're even less intuitive as outdoor graveyards and catacombs (or at least they are in the West, IDK if the whole "graveyard tower" thing is some Japanese tradition or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes yes
    maybe a safari zone with nine zones
    and no step limit that gets annoying
    I suppose they actually could get rid of the step limit, since you only get 30 Safari Balls. You'll probably run out of Safari Balls at about the time that you would run out of steps, but if you just want to explore the area, you'd be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    By the way, it's a shame we couldn't visit the lower levels of the House of Memories. I picture them as described above.
    They should've made that happen in HGSS. And maybe since you can't go there until you get the National Dex, they could put 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon there too, like Shuppet, Duskull, and Spiritomb.

Quote Originally Posted by shytende View Post
    A thing I thought about earlier...
    Black/White, or even Black 2/White 2 are pretty small regions, but the Pokemons you encounter are at higher level than in Hoenn, and even Sinnoh that seems at least as long, and probably longer.
    And the trainers' level is even higher.

That's obviously thanks to the new exp system. That would means that a RSE Remake will also have far higher-leveled pokemon and trainers...
    I think this region won't be really bigger than Unova, so the level should be more or less equal than in BW2.
    Well then they should fix the EXP system, obviously. Small regions like Unova are no fun to explore, if those kinds of regions are the future of Pokemon, then I'm done with this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Kanto confirmed for XY, fight Red and Lyra who have Mewtwo and Mew, old man glitch returns
    Or they could be doing another Kanto game after XY, I don't see much reason to put it in since the regions will likely have little to do with each other.

Oh god please no more Kanto. I was happy that Gen 5 finally did not have Kanto in it. That region is mundane and not that memorable in terms of regional design and locations. How about they give another region a shot? Like Idk? HOENN!

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Postgame:

POKéMON BENELUX

(Belgium, netherlands and Luxemburg)

- Beer
    - Chocolate
    - Waffles
    - Cheese
    - Tulips
    - Banks
    - The best music festivals of the world (Rock Werchter, Pukkelpop, I <3 Techno, Tomorrowland, Pinkpop, Lowlands)
    - Netsky & Tiësto

Yeah!
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

I seriously think they have some kind of troll function built in, half of the time they ask the most mundane ****, and the other half they ask question about the games that can be taken as hints. Eevee was the one that started this I think. And to be honest? Kanto, or a Kanto game afterwards would be amazing. Bringing back the region that started the series up to par makes sense.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    That region is mundane and not that memorable in terms of regional design and locations.
    That's why I think the next game that takes place in Kanto should give Kanto a major facelift. Add in more areas up north and maybe some to the south that give Kanto a greater variety of locations. Give it regional design on par with Hoenn and Sinnoh. Add in more Pokemon to the Kanto Dex to give it a better variety of types. I feel like the region has so much untapped potential.

I would love it if the new region is an island south of Kanto with a ferry that takes you to Vermillion city and allows a post-game exploration of Kanto and Johto!
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    I would love it if the new region is an island south of Kanto with a ferry that takes you to Vermillion city and allows a post-game exploration of Kanto and Johto!
    We don't need to revisit Kanto/Johto, yet again...

Id much rather have this region be closer to Unova.
    Though something that I find interesting is that this region will probably close to Kanto/Johto, since the trailer did show Pikachu, which is said to be scarce in the Unova landmass...
    So you actually might be correct.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

We don't need to revisit Kanto/Johto, yet again...

Id much rather have this region be closer to Unova.
    Though something that I find interesting is that this region will probably close to Kanto/Johto, since the trailer did show Pikachu, which is said to be scarce in the Unova landmass...
    So you actually might be correct.
    It definitely doesn't need to be near Unova if you're suggesting being able to go back to Unova again... Maybe Sinnoh or Hoenn?
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    It definitely doesn't need to be near Unova if you're suggesting being able to go back to Unova again... Maybe Sinnoh or Hoenn?
    No not at all. We already had four games to explore all of Unova.
    I would doubt Hoenn either, only because *IF* they do make a remake it'd b redundant.

So if I had to choose what region to revisit, id say Sinnoh. It would be nice way to reintroduce contests and poffins.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Pikachu being in this game's regional dex does not mean that the region will be close to Kanto. By that logic, so would Unova since it contains Rattata, Zubat, Grimer, Psyduck, Sandshrew, and all of the other 1st gen Pokemon that were in the Unova Dex. It's very much possible for 1st gen Pokemon to inhabit other regions, in fact, Pikachu has appeared in every region EXCEPT Unova, so it makes sense to see it here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    And to be honest? Kanto, or a Kanto game afterwards would be amazing. Bringing back the region that started the series up to par makes sense.
    Really? Kanto has been in 11 freaking games

Kanto: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Johto: Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Hoenn: Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald

Sinnoh: Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

Unova: Black, White, Black 2 and White 2

Looking at that the difference between the amount of games Kanto has been in compared to the other regions you honestly think it needs to be brought up to par?

If they are doing another past region Hoenn should be the ideal region considering it's the only region who's farthest graphic development was the Gameboy Advance/SP. We've never even seen Hoenn at night for pete sake. Heck i'd even rather see Sinnoh or Unova again just anything but Kanto.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 26th February 2013 at 10:42 PM.

I hope there is a Pokemon Ballet with Swanna Lake lol would be so much fun
    DWF :
    Shinies(NFT) :
    BW2 FC: 5287 0930 0718

2013 International Challenge March

Looking at that the difference between the amount of games Kanto has been in compared to the other regions you honestly think it needs to be brought up to par?
    Yes it does. While Kanto has been in several games, they've never really improved it in the areas that most need improvement. It's still a fairly small region compared to Hoenn and Sinnoh (which TBH should be the standard region size for modern games). It still lacks a variety of environments, especially when it comes to routes. It still has a pathetically imbalanced regional dex, with only one Dragon and Ghost type, and no Dark or Steel types. Those kinds of things need to be fixed before we can say Kanto is "up to par". I don't think the amount of games Kanto has appeared in really matters in this case, if they can give it significant changes, then I don't think people will mind going back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yes it does. While Kanto has been in several games, they've never really improved it in the areas that most need improvement. It's still a fairly small region compared to Hoenn and Sinnoh (which TBH should be the standard region size for modern games). It still lacks a variety of environments, especially when it comes to routes. It still has a pathetically imbalanced regional dex, with only one Dragon and Ghost type, and no Dark or Steel types. Those kinds of things need to be fixed before we can say Kanto is "up to par". I don't think the amount of games Kanto has appeared in really matters in this case, if they can give it significant changes, then I don't think people will mind going back again.
    I guess you have a point but why couldn't they have done that with in the 11 games it's been in? Also, even if they make it "up to par" I still would rather go to another region for a change. Kanto has shined enough.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 26th February 2013 at 11:37 PM.

By that besides what Bolt said, up to par meaning Kanto will likely show up to also be featured with the game's engine. What I mean is, if you think about it I don't think the point is having Kanto showing up in every generation, but showing up on every handheld. We've had Kanto for every handheld, and I doubt that they'll skip the 3DS, which also explains why we don't have a gen 5 Kanto. We got our DS Kanto along with a DS Johto, but it was still small. Something tells me a Kanto built for the 3DS Pokemon engine will be nothing short of spectacular, and it could be expanded to the point were it will finally feel complete.
    BLAH

I guess you have a point but why couldn't they have done that with in the 11 games it's been in?
    They couldn't have done it in RBY because of lack of memory space for a huge region. And they couldn't have done it in GSCHGSS because you had Johto as well, having a Hoenn/Sinnoh size region plus Johto would be too much. They could've done it in FRLG, I suppose, but they wanted to make that game as close to the original as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    By that besides what Bolt said, up to par meaning Kanto will likely show up to also be featured with the game's engine. What I mean is, if you think about it I don't think the point is having Kanto showing up in every generation, but showing up on every handheld. We've had Kanto for every handheld, and I doubt that they'll skip the 3DS, which also explains why we don't have a gen 5 Kanto. We got our DS Kanto along with a DS Johto, but it was still small. Something tells me a Kanto built for the 3DS Pokemon engine will be nothing short of spectacular, and it could be expanded to the point were it will finally feel complete.
    I don't think it's really necessary for Kanto to be on every handheld, that's still too much. I think from now on, it should only show up when they have an idea to expand or change it in a way to make it feel fresh. But you do have a point about the graphics, I think XY's graphical style will make past regions look completely stunning.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th February 2013 at 11:44 PM.

The way I see it, the other games are what improved on the standards set by Kanto. Kanto gave the series its start and every region after it improved the way the game was played. I don't think Kanto needs to be changed both because of nostalgic reason and the fact that it was meant to get the ball rolling. I don't think we are looking at this as a whole, Kanto was never meant to be improved on, Gamefreak took what they learned from Kanto and made each game after it better. Do I make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    They couldn't have done it in RBY because of lack of memory space for a huge region. And they couldn't have done it in GSCHGSS because you had Johto as well, having a Hoenn/Sinnoh size region plus Johto would be too much. They could've done it in FRLG, I suppose, but they wanted to make that game as close to the original as possible.

I don't think it's really necessary for Kanto to be on every handheld, that's still too much. I think from now on, it should only show up when they have an idea to expand or change it in a way to make it feel fresh. But you do have a point about the graphics, I think XY's graphical style will make past regions look completely stunning.
    While it might be too much, the way I see it is that XY is the first drastic step in a long time when it comes to the OW. Sure its still routes connecting various cities and towns with mountains and rivers in between, at least we assume it will, but the fact that the world will feel as big as it truly is meant to be felt is something that needs to be remedied with an older region. What I mean is take Pokemon Centers for my example. Your PC was five foot tall usually, so you assume that small little door you go through is say six. Having a full OW model and not just a puny little sprite will work wonders for the scale of the world in this sort of case, and that transition is likely going to be a bit jarring without an older region to help you grasp the region's size. And what better then Kanto, which is easily the most acknowledge region? Stuff like Silph Co, the radio tower, Cinnibar, e.t.c gaining the size they deserve would allow people to understand in regional terms how the new region fits alongside all the others. The reasons I'm for it are more conceptual and visual then nostalgic.
    BLAH

Just a thought, what if one of the routes was a river, a river in a canyon. I think that would be really neato.

Sure why not. Kind of like route 45, but with no land? I guess it could work.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by kesha140 View Post
    The way I see it, the other games are what improved on the standards set by Kanto. Kanto gave the series its start and every region after it improved the way the game was played. I don't think Kanto needs to be changed both because of nostalgic reason and the fact that it was meant to get the ball rolling. I don't think we are looking at this as a whole, Kanto was never meant to be improved on, Gamefreak took what they learned from Kanto and made each game after it better. Do I make sense?
    Not really, when you remake a game, you're supposed to improve the game.

i wasn't talking about games. if i am understanding correctly, people are saying that Kanto should have places added to it to make it better. I was disagreeing with that comment. I am saying that Kanto should not need to be improved because other regions seemed to have improved where Kanto had failed. such as the 'mundane' feeling of the region.

Page 80 of 314 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast