Page 87 of 314 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I don't really like the french-theme. I prefer having unique regions, rather than ones based off of RL.

I'm also hoping that the game doesn't feel so small. BW and tbh DP regions all felt so small. As if there was nothing to do anymore after beating the league.
    The first four regions were based off of real locations in Japan. Hell, there is a real world location called Kanto, and that's what in-game Kanto was based off of. Unova was based around New York City. There hasn't been a single main-series game that wasn't based off a real world locale. And I believe I read somewhere that Unova and Sinnoh were the largest regions ever, with Sinnoh maybe being bigger than Unova in overall topography? I can't really remember, but in no way were those regions small. In my opinion, the gameplay route in Sinnoh and BW2 was great. BW was a little too linear for my tastes, but this was rectified in BW2, so no I can't really complain.

All of the regions are based off of real places
    And four were from Japan
    I think French works

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I don't really like the french-theme. I prefer having unique regions, rather than ones based off of RL.

I'm also hoping that the game doesn't feel so small. BW and tbh DP regions all felt so small. As if there was nothing to do anymore after beating the league.
    We have seen very little of the thematic structure of the region, French or otherwise. All we know is that there is an Eiffel-tower reminiscent structure and that's pretty much it. It's the route structure and the city/town placements which make the structure of the region, not the geographic "outline".

Besides, think about it, would you say that Unova had an American "theme"? Or that Kanto, Johto (well, maybe this one a little bit), Hoenn and Sinnoh had Japanese "themes"?
    Last edited by Poetry; 6th March 2013 at 7:06 PM.

Then you don't like any of them, since they're all based on real places.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Besides, think about it, would you say that Unova had an American "theme"? Or that Kanto, Johto (well, maybe this one a little bit), Hoenn and Sinnoh had Japanese "themes"?
    Ice cream, garbage and eagle pokemon, defenitely 'Murica.

I'm hoping for a tropical region with lots of sea and an actual jungle, as well as more surfing and dive. Like Hoenn

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

If the region is based on France, due to the fame of the Tour de France, I would love them to keep the bike and give us a good old fashioned bike route through a rolling mountainside.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I agree with BW/BW2 having little areas exclusive post game, but Sinnoh did have a decent amount: The Battle Area, Catching the rest of the Pokemon you needed, side quests, the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier, and a France region is unique: It's the only Region we've had based on Europe/Somewhere in Europe, yet.

Hoping for some Vineyards!
    And with all the legendaries that were in Platinum, there was a lot to do afterwords. One major thing I loved about Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. We even got a little side story after the league with Buck, Heatran, and Stark Mountain.

As far as the region being on France, I really don't mind. The areas in the game look good. I'm interested in that desert we see the protagonist boy running too in the trailer. I wonder what it is? Maybe a desert city? We don't see to many of those.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Something tells me its entrance is underground, judging by that small little hut with a door right before the camera cuts away.
    BLAH

I Hope for some secret locations in the new region and maybe entrances like the Wayward cave in Sinnoh. I think it was nice. I just get some sorta of satisfaction ans sense of adventure when finding secret locations and things.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I Hope for some secret locations in the new region and maybe entrances like the Wayward cave in Sinnoh. I think it was nice. I just get some sorta of satisfaction ans sense of adventure when finding secret locations and things.
    Getting that Gible, after versing Cynthia's Garchomp. Best Felleing in the world :P

But Secrets would be nice, as Europe has many hidden things.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Sure, but I still won't accept its a piece of the OW because as I said, the implications of interactivity spots would seriously lend a hand to the game feeling simpler then it should be.
    What I'm about to say doesn't prove anything, but I just want to point out that there is also a large body of water also visible in that scene, as well as a brightly coloured cliff edge. (Far right as soon as that clip appears) However, I don't think it's either a gym nor the over world, but instead some kind of youth training/exercise facility. Similar to those military training courses.

Also, the protagonist's glasses are left behind after he swings on the rope! - clearly that's a bug at the moment but it does help imply that the glasses are an accessory in some way (key item or customable item) and something that you do not start with.

If it was apart of the character's design and nothing more, then it would be apart of the model and thus would not be left so far behind in such a situation as simply forgetting to move the polygons (through an armature bone) with an animation - it would still be around the character model since a typical animation does not have the model move much from its initial position. Unless GF decided to do something ridicules and not actually move the character with the vines but instead play a large, fixed animation for crossing the distance (as well as having the vines play their own swinging animation at the same time), only to move the actual character to the new point after the animation ends. This, however, would be a poor decision to do, as they could have done (and what I believe they have done) is "attach" the model to the vine and then have the vine play the swinging animation, which would also have the character "move" with it. This looks to be the case and the glasses accessory simply haven't been told to sync with the character during this interaction.
    Last edited by NotChip; 6th March 2013 at 10:40 PM.
    Reserved

Customizable characters would also explain why we haven't seen the official character art for the protagonists yet. Normally we see them really early on in the promotion of the new games.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

More places like mirage island and whatnot
    Also a place like navel island
    But like someone earlier said it would be a secret location that doesn't necessarily require an event

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
    Customizable characters would also explain why we haven't seen the official character art for the protagonists yet. Normally we see them really early on in the promotion of the new games.
    We're about to enter month 3 of the wait, that's still fairly early.
    Besides, it's not like there wouldn't be default options.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Sure, but I still won't accept its a piece of the OW because as I said, the implications of interactivity spots would seriously lend a hand to the game feeling simpler then it should be.
    So basically you don't think it's an OW area because it's too easy? Flawless logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    And I believe I read somewhere that Unova and Sinnoh were the largest regions ever, with Sinnoh maybe being bigger than Unova in overall topography?
    Maybe in terms of number of areas, but Unova had a ton of smaller routes in the game and the cities were all really clustered together (not to mention the gyms were too). I think that's where people are getting the idea that Unova is too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    was a little too linear for my tastes, but this was rectified in BW2, so no I can't really complain.
    Not really. The only thing BW2 changed in terms of linearity was having you backtrack to Undella Town to reach Humilau City, aside from that, it's not much of an improvement over BW1. Both are still horrendously linear and clustered.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    As far as the region being on France, I really don't mind. The areas in the game look good. I'm interested in that desert we see the protagonist boy running too in the trailer. I wonder what it is? Maybe a desert city? We don't see to many of those.
    As many have pointed out, the area appears to be based on an observatory, the Pic du Midi.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Bad example, Wayward Cave was way too hard to find. There's literally no way to see the entrance, and nothing really indicates a secret entrance under Cycling Road.

id love for a training building like hg/ss and hopefully if custom characters do happen which they better then you wouldnt need to select a default sprite for your character when you transfer data.

Do you think the new game will be 3-dimensional(not graphics-wise but story/characterization-wise).

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do you think the new game will be 3-dimensional(not graphics-wise but story/characterization-wise).
    yes
    they showed that it is in the trailer

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    We're about to enter month 3 of the wait, that's still fairly early.
    Besides, it's not like there wouldn't be default options.
    Agreed. Even if the characters are customizable I would assume the two trainers we saw in the trailer are the boy and girls default options if you don't want to do customizing. I'm fine either way. The trainers in the trailer look good to me. Plus like you said it's only March now, we have a long way to go before the games release.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes
    they showed that it is in the trailer
    not polygons/graphic wise
    I am talking about the storytelling and characterization. Like will the story be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    not polygons/graphic wise
    I am talking about the storytelling and characterization. Like will the story be realistic.
    ohhhh i see what you mean
    i think it will GF has been stepping things up lately it wouldn't surprise me

Ask me stupid stuff

I had an idea for something that would be interesting. Since the region is based off of France, I'd like to see an area based off of the Paris catacombs. Maybe that could be the Celestial Tower of this region. It would be underground instead of a tower and full of ghost types and such.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by charmanderandswampertguy View Post
    id love for a training building like hg/ss and hopefully if custom characters do happen which they better then you wouldnt need to select a default sprite for your character when you transfer data.
    You mean like the Trainer House in Viridian City? That would work great with Streetpass.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I had an idea for something that would be interesting. Since the region is based off of France, I'd like to see an area based off of the Paris catacombs. Maybe that could be the Celestial Tower of this region. It would be underground instead of a tower and full of ghost types and such.
    This has been suggested many times over, and yes, they should do that. The graveyard tower areas are getting really stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    This has been suggested many times over, and yes, they should do that. The graveyard tower areas are getting really stale.
    Darn, thought I came up with something new. Haven't been following this thread as much as others.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Bad example, Wayward Cave was way too hard to find. There's literally no way to see the entrance, and nothing really indicates a secret entrance under Cycling Road.
    I think the hiker in the area mentions something about a secret entrance in his dialogue, I could be wrong though. Even so that's what makes it fun, you would never think to look there and it is house to one of the best Pokemon that can only be found here.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 8th March 2013 at 12:01 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Page 87 of 314 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast