Page 9 of 314 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lavaridge Town
    Posts
    106

    Default

    As much as I really like the aspect of the game being entirely Europe, I can't see it being the case. I feel like they would try to be equally France as they are England, so will they have a London-esque city as well as a Parisian one? What about Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and these other influences? The region would consist of really large cities like Castellia, and I think a lot of players, yes appreciated a large city, but I don't know if they could handle multiple large ones. Even Goldenrod size is kind of extreme.

    On a side note I saw that earlier there was discussion about gyms being in different buildings, like a cathedral or something, and I totally agree. Gen V did a fantastic job at starting that (Roxie and the Bar, Lenora and the Museum, The Trio and the Restaurant) What if the Versailles building is a ghost gym (Hence the Golurk statue) Other gyms could be other notable buildings too.
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The House That Never Was
    Posts
    1,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vecherom View Post
    I hope that the region doesn't start over with route 1, but starts with 101 as did Johto. Where are people getting the idea it is also based off of North Africa?
    One of the starters is based on a fennec fox, native to North Africa. Usually, the starters can give some hints as to the region's location. Last generation featured a snake, a pig, and an otter, all of three of which could be considered "American." The original generation featured Charmander, based on the giant salamander, an animal native to Japan. I may be drawing connections where none exist, but in this case we have a frog(very French), an unknown rodent(sort of European), and a fennec fox(very very North African).
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé


    Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon


        Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:


  3. #203
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    I too think they are done making the gym buildings look the same. and all for the better too. It's more personalized if they are all different and I think that is really neat.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vecherom View Post
    As much as I really like the aspect of the game being entirely Europe, I can't see it being the case. I feel like they would try to be equally France as they are England, so will they have a London-esque city as well as a Parisian one? What about Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and these other influences? The region would consist of really large cities like Castellia, and I think a lot of players, yes appreciated a large city, but I don't know if they could handle multiple large ones. Even Goldenrod size is kind of extreme.

    On a side note I saw that earlier there was discussion about gyms being in different buildings, like a cathedral or something, and I totally agree. Gen V did a fantastic job at starting that (Roxie and the Bar, Lenora and the Museum, The Trio and the Restaurant) What if the Versailles building is a ghost gym (Hence the Golurk statue) Other gyms could be other notable buildings too.
    That's why I thought maybe only Western Europe (with parts of England, Belgium/Netherlands (similar to Crown City, which is based on Bruges and Amsterdam) and Spain (similar to Alamos town, which is based on Barcelona ).

    All city could have a theme from one of those countries. But so far it seems like it's all France.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vecherom View Post
    As much as I really like the aspect of the game being entirely Europe, I can't see it being the case. I feel like they would try to be equally France as they are England, so will they have a London-esque city as well as a Parisian one? What about Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and these other influences? The region would consist of really large cities like Castellia, and I think a lot of players, yes appreciated a large city, but I don't know if they could handle multiple large ones. Even Goldenrod size is kind of extreme.

    On a side note I saw that earlier there was discussion about gyms being in different buildings, like a cathedral or something, and I totally agree. Gen V did a fantastic job at starting that (Roxie and the Bar, Lenora and the Museum, The Trio and the Restaurant) What if the Versailles building is a ghost gym (Hence the Golurk statue) Other gyms could be other notable buildings too.
    Again, cramming one continent into a single region isn't a good idea. They'd miss out on too many charms and quirks of the continent like that. Besides, not all of them need to have that European feel, anyway - Driftveil City was in Unova, yet it had a slightly Asian feel to it, what with the market and the music (at least, before it went all Shanghai... and even then, Shanghai is in China).

    Maybe a winery or a vineyard for a Grass-Type Gym? That could work, though maybe that's a bit too French.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    One of the starters is based on a fennec fox, native to North Africa. Usually, the starters can give some hints as to the region's location. Last generation featured a snake, a pig, and an otter, all of three of which could be considered "American." The original generation featured Charmander, based on the giant salamander, an animal native to Japan. I may be drawing connections where none exist, but in this case we have a frog(very French), an unknown rodent(sort of European), and a fennec fox(very very North African).
    Chespin is a hedgehog as indicated by its foreign names.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    It's probably just Route 3.
    Right, meaning this region will start over from Route 1 again if it is.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,604

    Default

    Obviously, my geography isn't as good as others, so I won't be able to guess where this region will take place. But, if it were to take place somewhere such as France like most users have posted, then that would be a very cool idea. I wonder what might come up next?

  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,055

    Default

    The region looks decent enough from what I saw in the trailer. It seems to have a little bit of everything so far; cities, forests, deserts, etc. Since we're not getting remakes of R/S/E, I would at least like to see a lot of sea areas in these games. I know most people hated that in R/S/E, but I loved it.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The House That Never Was
    Posts
    1,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Chespin is a hedgehog as indicated by its foreign names.
    Even more reason to suspect that this more than France. Hedgehogs are all over Europe.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé


    Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon


        Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:


  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lavaridge Town
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I just hope the pokemon are creative. The Unova pokemon are startng to grow on me, but I still cant get over the Ice Cream line. If they did Ice Cream, what will they do next, Coffee? I just like the thouht of at least 100 more pokemon.
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Even more reason to suspect that this more than France. Hedgehogs are all over Europe.
    I'd be seriously mad with Game Freak if it is indeed all of Europe rather than just France + one other country.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,857

    Default

    I hope that the entire region is based off of France. I wonder how it's shaped though. France is kind of boring with its borders, so maybe they could try a Paris-based map like Manhattan with Unova.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lavaridge Town
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Even more reason to suspect that this more than France. Hedgehogs are all over Europe.
    What makes me believe that it will be all/ mostly all French is that France has a lot to offer, it's undeniable. Large cities, mountains, beautiful coastline. So yes, there is a desert, but has any region been completely based off of one thing exactly? No. What if this desert is just thrown in because they needed a desert route.
    Moreover (Okay this might not be the strongest point.) Pikachu was on top of the Eiffel tower, that's just a huge indicator for me.
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,055

    Default

    The region does seem to be based on France, or more specifically, Paris. I think that's great though. I think there's more that GameFreak could do with a region that's based on Paris. I already like the look of the cities that were shown during the trailer, so I'm all for GameFreak taking creative license and coming up with cool areas to add to the region.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    The region does seem to be based on France, or more specifically, Paris. I think that's great though. I think there's more that GameFreak could do with a region that's based on Paris. I already like the look of the cities that were shown during the trailer, so I'm all for GameFreak taking creative license and coming up with cool areas to add to the region.
    I wonder if it's gonna be mainly based on Paris (every city) or they're gonna make other cities in the game based on other cities in France or Europe

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156

    Default

    i hope that it's parts of northern france so that they could have a island to the north to represent britain.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    One of the starters is based on a fennec fox, native to North Africa. Usually, the starters can give some hints as to the region's location. Last generation featured a snake, a pig, and an otter, all of three of which could be considered "American." The original generation featured Charmander, based on the giant salamander, an animal native to Japan. I may be drawing connections where none exist, but in this case we have a frog(very French), an unknown rodent(sort of European), and a fennec fox(very very North African).
    I recall seeing an interview with... someone... early on in Gen V, saying the starters were supposed to look like animals drawn from America, Japan and China respectively. The Snivy line was representative of Mesoamerican (Incan, Mayan) cultures, Oshawott line based off a very Japanese ideal, and the Tepig line was supposed to evoke a Chinese aesthetic (see Emboar's chest pattern, and how they sort of resemble a twisted cross between a jovial Buddha statue and a guardian lion).

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    That's why I thought maybe only Western Europe (with parts of England, Belgium/Netherlands (similar to Crown City, which is based on Bruges and Amsterdam) and Spain (similar to Alamos town, which is based on Barcelona ).

    All city could have a theme from one of those countries. But so far it seems like it's all France.
    Keep in mind, we've seen next to nothing of the region yet. We don't even have a rough idea for what the map is going to look like. All we know is that there is a bit of a Parisian feel to some areas.

    I think it's great that GF is moving the regions outside of the Japanese influence of the early gens. 2 and 4 especially felt very Japanese. I think it will be really cool if a part of the region is based off France, with a northern part across a body of water. England and the English Channel. Either as a post E4 area, or simply another half of the region. Now, why they would do this I have no idea, but I sorta feel like water routes have been neglected since Hoenn. Sinnoh had very few, and the only major water route in Unova was Undella Bay.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    I recall seeing an interview with... someone... early on in Gen V, saying the starters were supposed to look like animals drawn from America, Japan and China respectively. The Snivy line was representative of Mesoamerican (Incan, Mayan) cultures, Oshawott line based off a very Japanese ideal, and the Tepig line was supposed to evoke a Chinese aesthetic (see Emboar's chest pattern, and how they sort of resemble a twisted cross between a jovial Buddha statue and a guardian lion).
    Actually, the Snivy line were (funnily enough) based off French royalty.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    267

    Default

    My gut tells me that the region will spread and revolve around Paris, and not even encompass all of France. To another poster's point, the average gamer wouldn't be able to handle too many huge cities, so it makes sense that Paris would be at the center of the region, with smaller towns and hills surrounding.

    Since the legendaries seem to be based on Norse mythology, I predict that we'll be able to travel to Nordic islands, in the same vein as Firered/Leafgreen.

    DLC 4-8 months later will unlock a train-ride to a smaller European country, like Belgium or Switzerland.
    Last edited by Ulicies; 8th January 2013 at 10:49 PM.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Etro's Throne
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    This region seem WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY intact with nature i wonder how that will play out.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Ok so I basically grabbed the map of Europe and started looking what would be cool for a region, seeing how the 1-3rd gen region maps are also based on real maps of Japan.



    http://i46.*******.com/23muexx.jpg

    What do you guys think?

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,748

    Default

    This region is probably based on France since it has an eifel tower. I wonder if we'll have an area with snow in this game.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    This region is probably based on France since it has an eifel tower. I wonder if we'll have an area with snow in this game.
    It also seemed to have a palace/castle that looked like the Palace of Versailles

  25. #225

    Default

    Personally I'm hoping for a 50/50 France and Germany region. Nintendo of Europe is located somewhere in Germany so I'd be surprised if it wasn't included. Looks like the anime staff are going to have fun putting together the art style for the region.

Page 9 of 314 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •