Page 90 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

I'm really excited for the way the cities will look in 3D I think a rain forest area is a brilliant idea but I still like the idea of a desert and maybe a volcano, I loved the volcano's in the Hoenn and Unova region
    Who said pot heads couldn't play Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jay View Post
    I'm really excited for the way the cities will look in 3D I think a rain forest area is a brilliant idea but I still like the idea of a desert and maybe a volcano, I loved the volcano's in the Hoenn and Unova region
    Yeah I'd definitely love to see a volcano in 3D, something similar to Stark Mountain but with improved graphics would be great. It would be interesting to see what the lava and magma and whatnot look like with the new graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Lol, in my experience (personal, so French people, don't hate on me), I've found the general French public that they are very much focused on themselves. When I was a child and went on vacation to France, the French never bothered to explain stuff in English (I'm Dutch, so I was already trying to find a middle ground in hoping that they would at least have a little grasp on a 'universal language'). In practice, me and my brother got pretty much ignored when we asked questions in France. It did give a feeling that if you didn't speak French, then you weren't worth their time. And that's very much an aristocratic attitude that they have towards most countries, not just the US.
    french is one of the most universal(ly spread) languages in the world. they stick to their own culture in means of movie and music, as the third biggest European country that's easy especially considering the UK even does the same on a much smaller scale with great ease, and they also dub movies in other languages like most larger nations. that, and the huge linguistic treshold between their language and english, make it hard for anyone in France to learn english. plus, living in any touristic place, I would get tired of people not speaking my language fast too. I hope/don't think they'd have the audacity to implement stereotype characteristics because of culture.

source: a dutch person living near the french language border.
    Last edited by carnevore; 12th March 2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Dream Team

Spoiler:- ign FC:

Quote Originally Posted by carnevore View Post
    french is one of the most universal(ly spread) languages in the world. they stick to their own culture in means of movie and music, as the third biggest European country that's easy especially considering the UK even does the same on a much smaller scale with great ease, and they also dub movies in other languages like most larger nations. that, and the huge linguistic treshold between their language and english, make it hard for anyone in France to learn english. plus, living in any touristic place, I would get tired of people not speaking my language fast too. I hope/don't think they'd have the audacity to implement stereotype characteristics because of culture.

source: a dutch person living near the french language border.
    I don't agree. I study in Amsterdam, and I fully don't expect any tourist to talk Dutch, and won't flat out ignore them if a Spanish tourist approached me using English while asking for directions. The French however, again from personal experience, will.. It really is cultural arrogance.. It came down to the point where my girlfriend and I were ordering food in a restaurant and the effing waitor chuckled, went to the next table and ignored us for half an hour, while French customers received good treatment and gave us disdained looks. And this is not even a single 'incident'.. When I was a kid on vacation, while playing Pokemon Silver, my parents asked if my brother and I could go to the bakery and get a loaf of bread and some croissants.. Tough luck, the baker wouldn't even help us, because we didn't speak French..

There isn't a huge linguistic threshold difference, French is still a language based off latin, and I don't see as many Spanish, Italian or Romanians having 'as much a difficulty' with English. It's cultural aversion. They don't like the British, so they don't bother learning the language, at least the majority of old Frenchmen never did.

Again, I'm sure that it's not the case for all French, but in my experience, it has been.

So concluding, the French don't solely dislike the English/Americans. They dislike (and disrespect, which the above are just a few examples of) just about anybody that doesn't suit to their norms and culture.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Yeah I'd definitely love to see a volcano in 3D, something similar to Stark Mountain but with improved graphics would be great. It would be interesting to see what the lava and magma and whatnot look like with the new graphics.
    A Stark Mountain area would be great. I loved Stark Mountain in gen 4. A wonderful sidequest to do after the league and credits. I hope we get a volcano area in XY as well.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    A Stark Mountain area would be great. I loved Stark Mountain in gen 4. A wonderful sidequest to do after the league and credits. I hope we get a volcano area in XY as well.
    or even a place like the sevii islands? (the british isles)

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    And imagine the graphics with the embers
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

I not seeing many islands if this region is actually based off of what we think it is.
    I a lot more mountains and caves along with underground.
    I am hoping for islands though, treasure beach on 4 isle (I think) would be a nice comeback.

Signature Stuff
        Spoiler:- undefined:

Quote Originally Posted by ryodragonite View Post
    I not seeing many islands if this region is actually based off of what we think it is.
    I a lot more mountains and caves along with underground.
    I am hoping for islands though, treasure beach on 4 isle (I think) would be a nice comeback.
    There could be islands in a France-based region. Haven't you heard of Corsica?
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

I'd love if it we could travel to different disclosed locations via plane. Like from Gen 5, when we took Skyla's plane to go to Lentimas town and the Nature Preserve.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I'd love if it we could travel to different disclosed locations via plane. Like from Gen 5, when we took Skyla's plane to go to Lentimas town and the Nature Preserve.
    Don't forget the subway access only Anville Town~! But that would be cool. I don't know about more planes, but that would be cool in my opinion. Frances has a lot of islands it still owns, so maybe they'll make a new Sevii Islands kind of thing. That would kind of nice. Maybe a new Battle Frontier with a different facility on each island? That would be interesting, so we can have that feel of exploration and challenge like the gyms, only after the storyline so you don't have to race off to fight a gauntlet of grunts and adims on every other route and town.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

It would be cute to fly in hot-air balloons instead.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    It would be cute to fly in hot-air balloons instead.
    you may be able to with drifblim

I'd like to see something like a war-torn country.

I'd rather use Fly to fly to those places.

Like Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'd rather use Fly to fly to those places.

Like Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs.
    I always wanted this to happen in the main games. Though, how would it work? Can't be flying on Spearows like this guy:

Quote Originally Posted by SoraNight View Post
    I always wanted this to happen in the main games. Though, how would it work? Can't be flying on Spearows like this guy:

That's more a question of what they're going to do with the models.

The actual mechanics have nothing to do with that.

Place looks a lot more like europe. I expect it to be better than unova. It really sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMUo1spuwcY I can't Believe this hasn't been talked about. Two new silhouettes! They don't look like pokemon because of how bulky they are, but they are likely to be the new region(S). Two regions?! There are two silhouettes, after all. That would be a cool addition. Also, for all you guys who think it's fake, this is from Pokemon Smash (:
    Im a COMPLETE noob when it comes to forum signatures and whatnot (:

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSerperior View Post
    I can't Believe this hasn't been talked about. Two new silhouettes! They don't look like pokemon because of how bulky they are, but they are likely to be the new region(S). Two regions?! There are two silhouettes, after all. That would be a cool addition. Also, for all you guys who think it's fake, this is from Pokemon Smash (:
    The first one looks like Sinnoh but flipped. The second looks like a Groudon without legs.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

They don't look anything like Pokémon to me. They look like big blobs with rough edges :/ But it's from Pokémon Smash, so does that defiantly mean that they're real? If they are regions, then I hope they have plenty of rivers going through them, because they have no obvious places for something like that. Hmm...

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMUo1spuwcY I can't Believe this hasn't been talked about. Two new silhouettes! They don't look like pokemon because of how bulky they are, but they are likely to be the new region(S). Two regions?! There are two silhouettes, after all. That would be a cool addition. Also, for all you guys who think it's fake, this is from Pokemon Smash (:
    because its from February and that corocoro was released after that broadcast

Well in the UK this week we've had sun, rain, snow and overcast.. so if any of it is gonna be in the UK and be accurate then the weather mechanic will be rather unpredictable

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Those silhouettes aren't XY related. It was a guessing game, and those are regions of Japan, if I'm not mistaken.
    The first one is the Gunma Prefecture, and the second one is Tokushima.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Darn. Well, thanks for the enlightenment.
    Im a COMPLETE noob when it comes to forum signatures and whatnot (:

Page 90 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast