Page 93 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Why are people saying that GF squeezed 5 regions out of Japan? There's only Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. I thought nothing else counted as canon, since only the main series games are taken into account
    My bad...I was thinking five. The whole point of the matter still stands though.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Ever notice that every main region's name has an O in it? Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova! Also, most region names have 5 letters (Sinnoh an exception). Just pointing that out.
    Last edited by Kipst3r; 19th March 2013 at 1:28 AM. Reason: left out a part
    Only four things go on in my mind: Pokemon, ponies, hot ladies, and potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Kipst3r View Post
    Ever notice that every region's name has an O in it? Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova! Also, most region names have 5 letters (Sinnoh an exception). Just pointing that out.
    Yeah...it's part of how people make possible region names. It's a well-known fact.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

It definitely could handle one extra region. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Ever notice that every main region's name has an O in it? Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova! Also, most region names have 5 letters (Sinnoh an exception). Just pointing that out.
    True story. But I don't know if they're doing that on purpose or not. I don't think naming the region with an o every time is such a huge deal.

Anyway, another thing that I've been hoping for us more underwater routes just like Hoenn, with the seaweed to catch wild Pokémon like Clamperl, or some other new Pokémon. Not important, but I just remember thinking it was so cool the first time I played Ruby.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

Uh... Isn't Unova called Isshu in the Japanese version? You know, the one that counts since it was orignally made there.

Sorry for being a jerk about it. But that kind of stuff bothers me more than the "hey, you know how Luvdisc and Alomomola look alike but have completely out of sync stats? Yeah, they should fix that and make them evolve into each other". Just no.

Anyways, this 'o' thing might be plausible for the English and whatever other language versions, but remember how the grass starters used to be all reptiles? That was broken this generation, so maybe a few other things will too.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    Uh... Isn't Unova called Isshu in the Japanese version? You know, the one that counts since it was orignally made there.

Sorry for being a jerk about it. But that kind of stuff bothers me more than the "hey, you know how Luvdisc and Alomomola look alike but have completely out of sync stats? Yeah, they should fix that and make them evolve into each other". Just no.

Anyways, this 'o' thing might be plausible for the English and whatever other language versions, but remember how the grass starters used to be all reptiles? That was broken this generation, so maybe a few other things will too.
    Yup, personally I hope this region has that accented 'e' thingy in the Pokemon title. I know it's European.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    So you want a region based on an ENTIRE continent? Bad idea. Japan, one single country, was able to make 5 regions (plus the Ranger Regions). New York, a state, was able to make a region. Having the new region based on Europe altogether is such a stupid idea, it takes away so many ideas for new regions. So. no.
    Umm...that didn't make any sense. Swedefish wants the entire region to be based on an entire CONTINENT. I understand that Unova had some skattered elements of USA (only Virbank and Pokestar Studios, actually) but it's not like it enveloped ALL of USA or North America. He said Paris would be the major city, not what the region would be based off of.
    I never said I WANTED the new region to be based on the entire continent of Europe, but that I THINK it will follow such a pattern and that Paris will be to the new region what NYC is to Unova. We are all just engaging in pure speculation at this point so no need getting all upset about someone's speculation. I am from Sweden and I have also lived in the UK and love both countries and would love to see each of them represented in unique Pokéworld regions, but I just don't think that is going to happen. I stand by my prediction that this region will be loosely based on Europe as a whole (and who says this would preclude them from doing other Europe-inspired regions in the future?) and you are welcome to disagree, but don't say that I WANT that to be the case when I never made that assertion.

Discussing more powerful grass types on the dex thread got me think how about I stead of a mountain/cave on victory road how about a deep deep Forrest teaming with some powerful grass, bugs types mix it up a little.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Discussing more powerful grass types on the dex thread got me think how about I stead of a mountain/cave on victory road how about a deep deep Forrest teaming with some powerful grass, bugs types mix it up a little.
    Kind of like a bigger Ilex Forest? Yeah that would be kinda cool, Victory Road caves are getting quite overused these days.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Unova's Victory Road (BW2) is a mixture of environments, forest included. But that place was so disappointing... we got Lv. 47-55 Cottonees, Petilils, and Roselia in the grass. Whimsicott, Lilligant, and Roserade are only encountered via Shaking Grass at a very low 5% encounter rate.

Actually, the whole of Unova's Victory Road was completely disappointing. The concept was nice, implementation and design was bad.

While a deep dark forest for Gen 6's VR is nice, I prefer having a variety of environments once again.
    You wander through forest, climb the mountain, get lost in the caves, brave the waters and dive to get to the other side... aside from the Trainers, the place itself should be a test of skill.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I know but the "Forrest" part was more a couple of trees, than a Forrest.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Well, actually, Unova's just the English name fore the region. It's actually called Isshu in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by swedefish View Post
    I never said I WANTED the new region to be based on the entire continent of Europe, but that I THINK it will follow such a pattern and that Paris will be to the new region what NYC is to Unova. We are all just engaging in pure speculation at this point so no need getting all upset about someone's speculation. I am from Sweden and I have also lived in the UK and love both countries and would love to see each of them represented in unique Pokéworld regions, but I just don't think that is going to happen. I stand by my prediction that this region will be loosely based on Europe as a whole (and who says this would preclude them from doing other Europe-inspired regions in the future?) and you are welcome to disagree, but don't say that I WANT that to be the case when I never made that assertion.
    I agree with that. I can easily see Paris as the dominant city for this region just as Saffron City was to Kanto, Goldenrod City was to Johto, Lillycove City was to Hoenn, and Hearthome City was to Sinnoh.

I can't really say who it was for Unova because Castelia was the one city based on mostly on NYC & featured in most of the early promotions, while Nimbasa was the largest & most populated city

Either way, I agree that Paris will be this region's equivalent

I also think then it'll include other areas of Europe around it just as Unova included areas of New Jersey even though being based on New York
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 19th March 2013 at 2:13 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I'm confused. Now I don't really know much about tech stuff but 1 extra region would be too much for the 3DS but not the Gameboy Color and DS? Wouldn't the advanced system be able to hold more?
    Oops, just forgot Kanto in HGSS. Contrary to popular belief, the 3DS isn't THAT much more powerful, and it most certainly wouldn't be able to hold 6 reigons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    While a deep dark forest for Gen 6's VR is nice, I prefer having a variety of environments once again.
    You wander through forest, climb the mountain, get lost in the caves, brave the waters and dive to get to the other side... aside from the Trainers, the place itself should be a test of skill.
    I also would like this. It would be interesting to have to go through different parts based on the different defeated gyms in the game or maybe tests on the upcoming Elite Four and Champion. Would also make for some unique pokemon findings as Victory Roads all have at least one pokemon special to the area and multiple environments would make it even better.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    Oops, just forgot Kanto in HGSS. Contrary to popular belief, the 3DS isn't THAT much more powerful, and it most certainly wouldn't be able to hold 6 reigons.
    3DS carts have a maximum capacity of 8GB, DS carts hold 512MB at most. Obviously, the graphics will take up more data, and I'm pretty sure we'll be getting only one region, but the 3DS has much more potential than the original.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Quote Originally Posted by swedefish View Post
    Actually it's likely that they could do UK and Sweden. It's not like they're unknown countries. PokeUK can easily be the Johto to PokeFrance being the Kanto. That would work perfectly. As for Sweden, we've seen an ingame globe which shows a Sweden-like region...so yes, it's possible. As for Paris being the region...eh...I hope not. All you would have for major water source there would be the Seine and the region would be completely landlocked...how boring. Northern France is much more of a possibility. However if they made PokeParis the main focal point of the region, I would be all for that. If GF based the entire region off of Europe and used all of these ideas that people would have...stuff based on Italy and Greece and many more countries...that takes away perfect ideas for regions based off of those countries. I, personally, would love a future Greece region that is highly influenced by islands. Anyways, the whole region that I got 'upset' is because when we first figured out it was based on France...many many pages ago, people speculated that, and we had to go to all of our trouble to explain why that would be a bad idea.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

...As for Sweden, we've seen an ingame globe which shows a Sweden-like region...so yes, it's possible.
    Could you please link to a picture? I'm just curious since I haven't seen it before.
    The only in-game globe I've seen are those in Pokemon Centers. And it represent the real world.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Could you please link to a picture? I'm just curious since I haven't seen it before.
    The only in-game globe I've seen are those in Pokemon Centers. And it represent the real world.
    Woops...I meant the anime globe.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    yes it is actually...
    a 3DS cartridge if i recall correctly has a HUGE capacity compared to the DS cartridges
    which is why the 3DS has such great graphics
    they could easily do A LOT more with the 3DS format

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes it is actually...
    a 3DS cartridge if i recall correctly has a HUGE capacity compared to the DS cartridges
    What I meant was the fact that if they want a lot better graphics and 3D (which gf will cause its on 3DS lol) they cant have 6 regions as well.

I'd like a more seamless world. The gates everywhere kinda freaks me out. And the tree entrances. Do you go through them? Under?

But maybe a Battle Tower, based on the Leaning Tower of Pisa or Eiffel Tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    yes it is actually...
    iirc It's usually 4 GB. I would like a really large region, but the biggest problem will be pacing. One of my biggest criticisms of Johto was that it had horrid pacing because it was so open-ended and that, because of Kanto, the first E4 were at incredibly low levels compared to other games. If we do get a much larger region than normal I'd like to have to reach the level 60s to beat the first e4 and eventually continue to reach towards the level of Red's pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I'd like a more seamless world. The gates everywhere kinda freaks me out.
    That's a programming thing. Unova was a diverse region with many different environments, so they needed to force players to go through gates in order to give the game time to load new textures. I don't know if that's an issue with the 3DS, though I'd assume it is (feel free to call me out if it isn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I would like a really large region, but the biggest problem will be pacing. One of my biggest criticisms of Johto was that it had horrid pacing because it was so open-ended and that, because of Kanto, the first E4 were at incredibly low levels compared to other games. If we do get a much larger region than normal I'd like to have to reach the level 60s to beat the first e4 and eventually continue to reach towards the level of Red's pokemon.
    I agree with you entirely here, and I know there are many others who do as well. The other problem with Kanto, though, was that it was fairly empty in GSCHGSS; most of the dungeons had been either cut out or drastically shortened, meaning there wasn't a large amount of battles to do in a region of its size. I'd much rather have a smaller post-game geographically, if it meant that geography would contain more challenging Routes, Trainers, and dungeons. Something like DPPt's Battle Zone leaps to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Well.. I think that the first stop is in France, but As Pikachu said.. its gonna be Global.. so I think that each city gonna be some Major City of the entire world, like a city-based Manhattan, Cairo, Tokyo, Ohaio, Buenos Aires.. and maybe Brazil like-areas that could be downloadble or event baised... that would be more reasonable than just do a HOLE region only of a Continen/Country... except if they have plenty good ideas in the future.
    Recently playing Pokémon Platinum, with this main team:
    She-Trainer: Alyssa
    Pokémon of time:

Name: PONYTA
    Nickname: Ponyta(yeah.. lame)
    Nature: Rash Nature
    Ability: Flash Fire

Page 93 of 314 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast