Page 2 of 314 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

I hope that they make the region way bigger than the previous ones. The main draw of the pokemon games for me is the exploration and having a huge 3D region to explore would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    If you mean the names for the cities... uh, maybe bread? This is Paris, after all.
    I actually thought of this one too.
    Or maybe cheese., wine and perfume. France is famous for these things.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Europe is simply beautiful. Maybe we get to cruise on a ship to all the other places that this new region will have? seeing as the graphics look even more realistic, i think that us sailing around is definitely a possibility
    In-Game Name: Cealot
    Pokemon Y: 2895-7697-8437
    Friend Safari: Ice - Beartic, Spheal, Piloswine

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    If you like Pokemon, then you're a true fan. If you don't like Pokemon, then you're not. Regardless of generation.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    nahh i would go with wine or cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I actually thought of this one too.
    Or maybe cheese., wine and perfume. France is famous for these things.
    Those two could work, too. So we could have a Chevris Town, or a Rockford City...

I'm really curious about the statue of Golurk, Palipitoad, and Eevee. It also looks like a person there standing in front. Maybe a legendary trainer of some sorts?

I loved the graphics! It seems very realistc!

Quote Originally Posted by foxxface View Post
    I'm really curious about the statue of Golurk, Palipitoad, and Eevee. It also looks like a person there standing in front. Maybe a legendary trainer of some sorts?
    Possibly an important person such as story character, an NPC who owns that huge building, or just a statue of a random man.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

In regards to the Version names i think it refers to the Dimensions or Axis', the X an Y axis', assuming they make a special third version i imagine it'll be Z version, referring to the new 3D aspect of the games, encompassing the X,Y and Z axis'.
    Friend Codes:
    White - 3397 5334 8431
    Black - 5415 4946 9187
    3DS - 2723-9235-9036

Spoiler:- HAVE:

Quote Originally Posted by foxxface View Post
    Maybe it signifies the return of Pokeathlons? Or is that a bit too far-fetched?

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac93 View Post
    In regards to the Version names i think it refers to the Dimensions or Axis', the X an Y axis', assuming they make a special third version i imagine it'll be Z version, referring to the new 3D aspect of the games, encompassing the X,Y and Z axis'.
    I agree with this. Very very much.

Anyway, if the region is based on france, then we can expect famous historical figures acting as gym leaders, like Napoleon or King Luis.

... Wait, didn't we already have a french gym leader? O_O;

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Guys what do you think the theme of this region is ?
    my first thought would say genetics coz of x and y, but that would be a repeat of kanto.
    Maybe not. X and Y seem to place emphasis on chromosomes in particular, so that wouldn't quite be a repeat of Kanto's theme which is more to do with genetic engineering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Maybe it signifies the return of Pokeathlons? Or is that a bit too far-fetched?
    Hmm, maybe. Could be just a random statue but I'm guessing that area is an important landmark.

There have been gym leaders making small cameo appearances in previous game, most commonly Crasher Wake. Since we have established that this region is based on France, is it feasible to say Burgh might make an appearance of that sort?

Quote Originally Posted by co918 View Post
    There have been gym leaders making small cameo appearances in previous game, most commonly Crasher Wake. Since we have established that this region is based on France, is it feasible to say Burgh might make an appearance of that sort?
    I was thinking more along the lines of Fantina.

Oh, it would be so nice if Fantina appeared and said this is her home region...

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Maybe Fantina reappears as an E4? But wait, wasn't she English in the Japanese versions instead of French?

Oh, it certainly does look like the next region is based on France.

I guess there will be more love.

Maybe Fantina reappears as an E4? But wait, wasn't she English in the Japanese versions instead of French?
    Oh. There's that, in the Japanese version she uses English words.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Oh, it certainly does look like the next region is based on France.

I guess there will be more love.
    Maybe your gender counterpart is your love interest? ...Nah, that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Oh. There's that, in the Japanese version she uses English words.
    I thought so. So I guess that means she won't be returning after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac93 View Post
    Yeah I seriously doubt it will be chromosome related. I see nothing that relates to DNA or chromosomes, but a Z version since that is the letter that is lead by X and Y.

Quote Originally Posted by onleal91 View Post
    Yeah I seriously doubt it will be chromosome related. I see nothing that relates to DNA or chromosomes, but a Z version since that is the letter that is lead by X and Y.
    logo.png <--- The Japanese logo has the DNA double helix in it though
    Last edited by Mokepon22; 8th January 2013 at 4:17 PM.
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Maybe your gender counterpart is your love interest? ...Nah, that will never happen.

I thought so. So I guess that means she won't be returning after all.
    *insert giant NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO here*

*sigh* Anyway... I actually have my doubts about France. The trailer showed us a desert. I don't really recall any deserts in France.

Instead, I believe this is a WORLD WIDE GYM CHALLENGE . Think about it: the release for this game is world wide, Pikachu starts the trailer by sending lightning all over the world... Maybe France is just A, the home region, or B, one of the many stops on your journey.

In relation to the region potentially being related to France, just wanted to put my two cents in here. I'm a French major specifically studying the regions of Normandy and Paris right now.

All the talk of the Norse mythology, oddly enough, fits in very well with France. The Normans, who are descendants of the Norse, are the founders of the Normandy region to the west of Paris. The Normans also had a significant impact on Southern England as well. The Normans believed in the Norse myths until the beginning of the 10th century when they began converting to Christianity.

So, my bet, is that northern France, the English Channel, and southern England are the basis for Pokemon X and Y.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeofSpades View Post
    *insert giant NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO here*

*sigh* Anyway... I actually have my doubts about France. The trailer showed us a desert. I don't really recall any deserts in France.

Instead, I believe this is a WORLD WIDE GYM CHALLENGE . Think about it: the release for this game is world wide, Pikachu starts the trailer by sending lightning all over the world... Maybe France is just A, the home region, or B, one of the many stops on your journey.
    There isn't any desert in New York either, and Unova has one.

They just like deserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    There isn't any desert in New York either, and Unova has one.

They just like deserts.
    I always thought that that desert was just representing a barren wasteland in New york somewhere.

Guess I was wrong.

Page 2 of 314 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast