Page 4 of 313 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 7825

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    My guess is France and the U.K

    mainly this area

    #BuyUltraviolance

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    im interested to see if they show something similar to the eiffel


    Here you go.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post


    Here you go.
    thnx, i never watch these properly :P

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    My guess is France and the U.K

    mainly this area

    I'd really like it if that happens. Makes me wonder why they showcased Paris instead of London, though. and it would totally explain the desert thing

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    I just hope that this region is quite expansive, unova in bw felt cramped up, especially since you could visit only half the area before the league.
    I hope its another water world like hoenn.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I just hope that this region is quite expansive, unova in bw felt cramped up, especially since you could visit only half the area before the league.
    I hope its another water world like hoenn.
    At the moment, I just hope it's not so painfully linear as Unova. First order of business.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Yeah, judging by that photo, I think this region will be based off Europe. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do! The building in that photo make me think of france, not just the monument.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

    After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I'd love something like that as a Brit meself, but I'd still quite like see elements of, say, Germany, Spain and Italy. Regions are pretty big nowadays and whilst you'd never be able to get the full scope of all those I still think you could get a pretty good impression of what these places have to offer IRL.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    the Great Smog
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Is it me or does it have a bit of a European feel to it? Judging from the few town sceneries you can see.

    It'd love a region based loosely on the E.U (a very simplified version of course). There'd be a lot of contrast between the different towns and areas that way.

    EDIT: I see a bunch of people have already come to that conclusion^^''


    Round and Round and Round he goes~

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I'd really like it if that happens. Makes me wonder why they showcased Paris instead of London, though. and it would totally explain the desert thing
    I think just because Paris has the Eiffel Tower, they wanted to showcase a monument where people would instantly recognize it.
    #BuyUltraviolance

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scammel View Post
    I'd love something like that as a Brit meself, but I'd still quite like see elements of, say, Germany, Spain and Italy. Regions are pretty big nowadays and whilst you'd never be able to get the full scope of all those I still think you could get a pretty good impression of what these places have to offer IRL.
    I honestly think that, if New York alone gets to have a whole region dedicated to it, it wouldn't be right to cram as much of Europe as possible into a single region. I still think this one is mainly France (which is a big Pokémon hub), and nothing until now indicates I'm wrong.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I think just because Paris has the Eiffel Tower, they wanted to showcase a monument where people would instantly recognize it.
    Well, I suppose so. But we have the Big Ben, too...

    I wonder what the Eiffel Tower is there for. Maybe it'll be the location of the final showdown between the protagonist and the villain?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    Oh, I forgot all about Big Ben! Hm, you're right maybe it just is France. I hope not though, because at least we could get some ocean if they use the English Chanel.

    I could see some big event happening in that city, like a big disaster or something! An epic battle on top of the tower would be AWESOME.
    #BuyUltraviolance

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Realm of Light
    Posts
    2,504

    Default

    I think there should be an area based off of the cathedral of Notre Dame.
    My Predictions For The Protagonists:

    Ash: Pilachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Tyrantrum, Trevenant, Goodra(leaves until the league)
    Serena: Braixen, Pancham, Mudkip, Noibat
    Clement: Bunnelby, Quilladin, Luxray, Krokorok
    Bonnie: Clemont's Dedenne(caring for)

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    I really hope there will be a island in the game based on the UK..that would be cool

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Oh, I forgot all about Big Ben! Hm, you're right maybe it just is France. I hope not though, because at least we could get some ocean if they use the English Chanel.

    I could see some big event happening in that city, like a big disaster or something! An epic battle on top of the tower would be AWESOME.
    Yeah, we probably do need a water route, too. Though I do wonder why the hell anyone would go surfing across the English Channel.

    It could actually be the HQ of the evil team, with it sending out radio signals to modify Pokemon or whatever... but that would be way too similar to GSCHGSS.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    I hope there is a big water route like hoenn :P and the other side will be the uk !

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in your dreams
    Posts
    666

    Default

    what gyms are people hoping for?

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    what gyms are people hoping for?
    well bug and fire seems to be there. im hoping for dark and fighting.

    Why do I feel that the new region feels hoenn-ish, it has emphasis on nature like hoenn.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    the Great Smog
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Japan has historically had a sort of fascination with France/Paris (and vice versa), so I wouldn't be surprised if that is where the region is based on if not the UK or Europe as a whole.

    I wonder how they'd represent the ghettos in Paris though O.O
    lol


    Round and Round and Round he goes~

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    If it is European themed, I would enjoy seeing gyms based off famous monuments, for example the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Leaning Tower of Pisa etc.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    what gyms are people hoping for?
    Dark, Psychic, Fighting and Ghost, so they won't be made Elite Four again.

    Seriously, it's like they purposedly took all the overused Elite types and put them all together in Unova.

    Quote Originally Posted by POKEMONMASTER260 View Post
    My friend's theory is that the region is based off of Canada.

    Also, this is my 1st post since 2009. (Excluding that 1 post I made in February.)
    France.

    You might like to read some of the previous pages.

    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm on a blimp, mother****er.
    Posts
    382

    Default

    The tower actually made me think of the Blackpool Tower, but I guess an Eifel Tower works to. But I have to wonder where the desert area comes from. Maybe from a Turkish area?

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    I am almost certain it is france, the Eifel Tower, the buildings look French and a Versaille like building. The desert region is hard to place though. (Well there isn't a desert in NYC either where BW took place)
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I am almost certain it is france, the Eifel Tower, the buildings look French and a Versaille like building. The desert region is hard to place though. (Well there isn't a desert in NYC either where BW took place)
    ai think the desert in unova was supposed to be ground zero. thats why its all rebuilt in bw2

Page 4 of 313 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •