Page 5 of 314 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I am almost certain it is france, the Eifel Tower, the buildings look French and a Versaille like building. The desert region is hard to place though. (Well there isn't a desert in NYC either where BW took place)
    ai think the desert in unova was supposed to be ground zero. thats why its all rebuilt in bw2

Quote Originally Posted by co918 View Post
    There have been gym leaders making small cameo appearances in previous game, most commonly Crasher Wake. Since we have established that this region is based on France, is it feasible to say Burgh might make an appearance of that sort?
    That would be really cool..Burgh is a awesome Gym Leader

if it is france fantina could appear

Wow this is going to my first post here in....Years.
    Yeah, I'd say the Region was a good chance of being specifically French based, and I have no problem with that. I just don't want them to be too realistic about and hope we get a smattering of other countries in there too (Specifically Italy, I love that place)
    And yeah, despite the fact that Fantina isn't french in the japanese games, i hope her and Burgh make appearances.
    FireRed Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Sapphire Team:
    Platinum Team:
    White Team:
    White2 Team:
    Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    ai think the desert in unova was supposed to be ground zero. thats why its all rebuilt in bw2
    It wasn't rebuilt, those were ancient ruins that had been discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Scammel View Post
    I'd love something like that as a Brit meself, but I'd still quite like see elements of, say, Germany, Spain and Italy. Regions are pretty big nowadays and whilst you'd never be able to get the full scope of all those I still think you could get a pretty good impression of what these places have to offer IRL.
    Honestly, I think that the most logical thing to do is to have the game include the UK, Western Europe, Northern Europe and the Iberrian Peninsula:

- UK, probably only a small bit..
    - Western Europe: France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland.
    - Scandinavia: Norway, Sweden, Denmark.
    - Southern Europe: Part of northern Italy, and Spain and Portugal.

In Best Wishes, we can see something that looks a lot like europe on the map, hence why I'm saying this..

This would leave for a lot of room for seafaring routes, where otherwise, you'd have very little, considering the geography of France.

Call me crazy..

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I honestly think that, if New York alone gets to have a whole region dedicated to it, it wouldn't be right to cram as much of Europe as possible into a single region. I still think this one is mainly France (which is a big Pokémon hub), and nothing until now indicates I'm wrong.
    Nothing indicates that you're completely right as well. I do believe France played a part in the concept, but think about what I wrote above.. They took NYC's outline, and threw mountains and a desert on top of it. It's not as if they really used 'New York', aside for Castelia City. We have one city that has an Eiffel Tower-like structure, and Pikachu shooting of a Thunderbolt from the real Eiffel Tower in France.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    It wasn't rebuilt, those were ancient ruins that had been discovered.
    wasnt it being rebuilt in bw 2 ?

If the region is based on France then I hope there's a disneyland-esque area. They could tie it in with the Pokestar studios! Brycen cameo?

wasnt it being rebuilt in bw 2 ?
    A new residential area was built, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to associate it with Ground Zero.

They took NYC's outline, and threw mountains and a desert on top of it. It's not as if they really used 'New York', aside for Castelia City.
    Call me a small-minded European, but outside of Castelia, Clay and a couple of Pokes such as Braviary, I didn't get much of a US vibe at all. Again, it seems as though they could have done a lot more with it.

In second photo there's a red building which is hopefully a Pokč-center.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

I was hoping for them to base a region off Britain, (as I live here) but it looks like it will be more on France. Annoying as Britain is much more interesting geographically but I love the rural feel and the old style towns.

I am ProfessorN

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2j5ihdj.png[/IMG]
    Pokemon White FC: 3138 - 5734 - 7863
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Credit to Callie-Rose for the userbar She is clever and Credit to Blackacer for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorN View Post
    I was hoping for them to base a region off Britain, (as I live here) but it looks like it will be more on France. Annoying as Britain is much more interesting geographically but I love the rural feel and the old style towns.
    We could have a island in the game based on the UK

The Eiffel tower is over-used. I hope they add something like the Bosphorus bridge.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Personally, I think this adventure will be on a scaled down version of Europe, and the Parisian city is like the Castelia city of this new region. The statued area with the official looking building looks like it could pass as England... IMO

Thank you based Turpoo

I don't want to sound rude and no offence if your french but I personally feel that France although a beautiful country is not expansive or has a lot of variety to become a region on its own. Though I do think it can be a central part of what I think is a European based region. I think France Germany UK Italy (hopefully an evil mafia like gang is going to be located there) Spain turkey and Nordic countries are going to be in there. This will give a variety of region areas like a Mediterranean coastal area a Paris like city the market of Istanbul or even the cold tundra areas like Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    We could have a island in the game based on the UK
    Maybe, an island shaped a little like it would be cool. I wouldn't want the game to be like it though, it'd be so stereotyped towards people's view of London I think I'd hate it.

(can you tell I'm a northerner?)

I think stuffing so much of Europe into a single region would be wasting potential from the countries that could even be used for other regions. Every country in Europe has its own identity and its particularities, and they could produce regions as diverse between themselves as the ones based in Japan.

I honestly don't know why people would like this region to be Europe all-in-one. Just a haste to see the other parts of the continent pokémon-ed, even if it feels crammed and superficial?
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu725 View Post
    Personally, I think this adventure will be on a scaled down version of Europe, and the Parisian city is like the Castelia city of this new region. The statued area with the official looking building looks like it could pass as England... IMO
    I strongly disagree, that building is clearly inspired by Versailles. I think it'll just be France as all of the references shown so far, are all strongly French, not British, Spanish, Italian or anything else European.
    Friend Codes:
    White - 3397 5334 8431
    Black - 5415 4946 9187
    3DS - 2723-9235-9036

Spoiler:- HAVE:

wonder what theyll get for the villan team...hey maybe pirates! oh yeah, no knights! nope, maybe space men! .........
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I honestly don't know why people would like this region to be Europe all-in-one. Just a haste to see the other parts of the continent pokémon-ed, even if it feels crammed and superficial?
    I don't think it's so much 'haste' as 'desire to see it happen in our lifetimes' - as I said before, gen 7 almost certainly won't be set just 30-odd miles away across the channel, or anywhere else nearby. Besides, it's not as if any of the games are going to be a detailed cultural commentary, just look at Surge, Clay and Fantina for portrayal of characters from different countries. Really, I think people just want to be able to have a little place in the Pokemon world of their own to associate with.

Looking at the trailer, I don't think it is a Fire type Gym. I think it is a Fire type E4 challenge. I think this region has to be huge - we need the exploration part. I like the whole France thing - but I think it might be more European. France just may be the main contingent.

Quote Originally Posted by blackarcanine123 View Post
    I don't want to sound rude and no offence if your french but I personally feel that France although a beautiful country is not expansive or has a lot of variety to become a region on its own. Though I do think it can be a central part of what I think is a European based region. I think France Germany UK Italy (hopefully an evil mafia like gang is going to be located there) Spain turkey and Nordic countries are going to be in there. This will give a variety of region areas like a Mediterranean coastal area a Paris like city the market of Istanbul or even the cold tundra areas like Norway.
    I'm sorry but i think that's pretty ignorant, France in itself is culturally, geographically and historically diverse enough to be a few regions actually, much in the way there are 4 regions in Japan alone, France, being much larger could also be used for as many, if not more regions.
    Friend Codes:
    White - 3397 5334 8431
    Black - 5415 4946 9187
    3DS - 2723-9235-9036

Spoiler:- HAVE:

Quote Originally Posted by Scammel View Post
    I don't think it's so much 'haste' as 'desire to see it happen in our lifetimes' - as I said before, gen 7 almost certainly won't be set just 30-odd miles away across the channel, or anywhere else nearby. Besides, it's not as if any of the games are going to be a detailed cultural commentary, just look at Surge, Clay and Fantina for portrayal of characters from different countries. Really, I think people just want to be able to have a little place in the Pokemon world of their own to associate with.
    I suspect GameFreak is basing their new regions according to the biggest Pokémon hubs. Just see the countries with full localizations of their own.

When they decided to leave Japan, they went for the US. Now they're going for France. Maybe next they'll do Germany or Italy.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I am interested in the desserts, I wonder if they are actually placed where real exist or are just made up, anyway, here are my guesses.
    Just France: If the region is just France it would probably just be an imaginary desert and could be anywhere.
    A part of Europe:The Tabernas Desert, it lays in Spain, which is fairly close to France, and probably in the northern part of the region.
    The whole of Europe: The Bledowska Desert, I think it is the largest desert in Europe and it exists in Poland, which would place it at the middle of a map or so.

Linearity is a huge part of what's going to make or break this region. Hopefully with the implementation of 3D graphics we can have some large, open spaces for us to explore at our own leisure with minimal restrictions.

Page 5 of 314 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast