Page 101 of 314 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

I love the water routes!
    I find them that little bit more difficult and they also have a wonderful design
    Maybe people don't like the repeated encounter of one pokemon like tentacool and wingull
    But I really don't see anything wrong with water routes
    I really love them, maybe my favorite type of route....
    Improvements could be a variation of pokemon available without using a rod and only surfing also have swimming trainers with some surprise pokemon like a arbok or flying pokemon (unfezant) or floating ones (vanilluxe)
    But I love them the way they are so....

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I love the water routes!
    I find them that little bit more difficult and they also have a wonderful design
    Maybe people don't like the repeated encounter of one pokemon like tentacool and wingull
    Improvements could be a variation of pokemon available without using a rod and only surfing also have swimming trainers with some surprise pokemon like a arbok or flying pokemon (unfezant) or floating ones (vanilluxe)
    If it wasn't so overly spammed with Tentacool and Frillish, people would like them better ;P

But I wouldn't mind a Water Route stylized as a Labyrinth.

I hope they add a 'Magma Surf' attack, and then make a version exclusive Magma Labyrinth and Water Labyrinth. But not Lava Dive. Would NOT end well for the player!

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I love the water routes!
    I don't understand, like you said what you find is usually the same things over and over again, it should be easy to dispatch them?
    Especially if you have a decent electric or grass type?

Yeah, I personally dislike the water routes

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I don't understand, like you said what you find is usually the same things over and over again, it should be easy to dispatch them?
    Especially if you have a decent electric or grass type?

Yeah, I personally dislike the water routes

I wasn't talking about the battles, I was talking more about
    No way out of an encounter and not been a straight forward one way, there's more side tracks on them..
    I love them

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Yeah I also find them interesting when done in the right way like for example when the water routes have a good diversity of wild Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Yeah I also find them interesting when done in the right way like for example when the water routes have a good diversity of wild Pokemon.
    The closest we got to diverse water routes, I think, would either be Whirl Islands or GenIII Underwater
    I would like Water Routes if the diversity were similar to Unova's route 14. That had a decent amount of Pokemon in it.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    I don't want too much water, it gets annoying with all those Pokemon and swimmers, at least on land you need to be in grass to get attacked
    who knows they could always change it
    make it so only in dark spots in water you can be attacked
    same for caves i don't really like any of the caves except for chargestone cave

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I would like to have one water route again, and earlier on, with BW basically not having any besides posy game and BW2 having one extremely small one. If you didn't take oshawott and didn't want to use psyduck or marill, then you basically couldn't get one other water type until six badges in.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I think about 3-5 water routes should be good, but I don't want to see huge, open ended ones with no landmarks, that makes it too hard to navigate.

What would be awesome is if we had a river rapids route.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    So, anyone for a proper Volcano? Pt Mt. Stark and W2 Reverse Mountain were nice tries, but I want this one to have magma flows blocking your progress, and erupts at some point(s) in the game. But keep Heatran. 'Cuzz Heatran is awesome and is somehow present in nearly every Pokemon Volcano. (Ranger and Mystery Dungeon (Time, Darkness and Sky) prove this!)

But if I'm right, Hoenn had a few volcanic areas... Did they have Lava? Sorry for being such a n00b. I was a D/P/Pt child.
    W2 Reversal Mountain is the closest we've ever gotten to what you're asking for, Pt. Stark Mountain only had lava on the exterior section, and Hoenn's Mt. Chimney only had lava at its summit. I'd like to see volcano areas more on par with the ones seen in Ranger games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eZDbPkrRa0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ8Bq9jv_fM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xzT9OTC8Tc

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think about 3-5 water routes should be good, but I don't want to see huge, open ended ones with no landmarks, that makes it too hard to navigate.

What would be awesome is if we had a river rapids route.

W2 Reversal Mountain is the closest we've ever gotten to what you're asking for, Pt. Stark Mountain only had lava on the exterior section, and Hoenn's Mt. Chimney only had lava at its summit. I'd like to see volcano areas more on par with the ones seen in Ranger games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eZDbPkrRa0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ8Bq9jv_fM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xzT9OTC8Tc
    Yeah, 3-5 would be nice :P As long as Tentacool isn't everywhere. What am I kidding? Tentacool will never fade.

And yeah, the Ranger Volcanos were nice :P

I'm hoping that the region includes ALL of Europe, and because river travel was really prominent in Europe, I think we'll get a river rapids sectoin at some point.
    Do I really need a fancy shmancy signature? Oh, well. Here's the obligatory Pokemon sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by Marowik View Post
    I'm hoping that the region includes ALL of Europe, and because river travel was really prominent in Europe, I think we'll get a river rapids sectoin at some point.
    A region that spans all of Europe would be a waste of potential, they have enough material to make maybe a dozen or two regions out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marowik View Post
    Why would they do that...? They've managed to make four regions out of Japan alone, I'm sure they can do the same for Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Why would they do that...? They've managed to make four regions out of Japan alone, I'm sure they can do the same for Europe.
    They didn't do that with america. Unova, while based on part of new york in shape , is completely based on the united states as a whole, and arguable even parts of mexico and canada. They could have one huge region based on all of europe as a whole.

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    They didn't do that with america. Unova, while based on part of new york in shape , is completely based on the united states as a whole, and arguable even parts of mexico and canada. They could have one huge region based on all of europe as a whole.
    I honestly don't know where you took that from. It's mostly New York and adjacencies.

And two, they couldn't. Europe comprises a whole lot of deeply different landscapes and cultures, they'd better be used for different regions.

Honestly, if Japan alone was used for four regions, it would be even disrespectful to stuff the whole European continent into a single region.

I think some of you guys simply aren't willing to wait and act like Pokémon will end or never go back to Europe as a basis.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I honestly don't know where you took that from. It's mostly New York and adjacencies.

And two, they couldn't. Europe comprises a whole lot of deeply different landscapes and cultures, they'd better be used for different regions.

Honestly, if Japan alone was used for four regions, it would be even disrespectful to stuff the whole European continent into a single region.

I think some of you guys simply aren't willing to wait and act like Pokémon will end or never go back to Europe as a basis.
    I get it from the fact that unova has beaches....like beaches you would see in florida, mountains, canyons, caves, desert, and smaller towns/cities. Unova's name is even supposed to be like code for United states of America. New york doesn't have all of those things in it. Only castelia is based kn NYC.

Named Admiral Sentret

Does anyone think that this new region might be connected to an old one (Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova) like Kanto was to Johto?

I think it's plausible. (Might have been suggested before)

From memory Hoenn was like a big island, so it would be more difficult without involving planes etc. But Sinnoh and Unova were definitely landlocked in the north, and they could potentially connect to a gen 6 region.

Maybe instead of Ruby/Sapphire remakes they could join Hoenn to this region post-game like Kanto did in gen 2. It wouldn't be the entire story again, just the region/gyms (probably too much in one game).

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    Does anyone think that this new region might be connected to an old one (Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova) like Kanto was to Johto?

From memory Hoenn was like a big island, so it would be more difficult without involving planes etc. But Sinnoh and Unova were definitely landlocked in the north, and they could potentially connect to a gen 6 region.

Maybe instead of Ruby/Sapphire remakes they could join Hoenn to this region post-game like Kanto did in gen 2. It wouldn't be the entire story again, just the region/gyms (probably too much in one game).
    Well... If the new region is connected to an older one, the only 'plausible' option would be Unova.

Personally, I had more than enough of Kanto and Unova, so...

Unova is the new Kanto. It has to have mandatory appearances until 4 generations after its time.

It'll show up as a shadow of its former self in XY, just like Kanto in GS! It'll also act like a leech stopping the new region from truly being its own, just like Kanto did to Johto! Please don't do 2 regions unless you've truly learned Gamefreak.
    Last edited by diakyu; 2nd April 2013 at 7:31 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post

Assuming the distance between regions is proportional to their real life counterparts, the new region will be far away from the last 5 regions, so unless they're connected by boat or plane, we probably won't be going to a past gen region this game.

And we shouldn't anyway, for reasons diakyu pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Assuming the distance between regions is proportional to their real life counterparts, the new region will be far away from the last 5 regions, so unless they're connected by boat or plane, we probably won't be going to a past gen region this game.

And we shouldn't anyway, for reasons diakyu pointed out.
    But since it's a made-up world, GF can plaster Europe/France in the middle of Japan if they wanted to! ;P

But remember..Route 10 in Unova was blocked off in BW2... If GF just wanted to give us a new Victory Road, they could've just made Victory Road cave-in and leave Route 10 mostly alone... Maybe the landslide opened up a path to this new region? I'm sure the basis for Johto isn't really connected to the west of the basis of Kanto.

Let me explain.

Unova only looks like bit of a land mass

Unova2.jpg

And they could easily fit a shrunken Europe-shaped region in there. (But if it is Europe, they'll probably ditch the lesser known countries (Perhaps giving them their own games later?) and keep the known ones, like the UK/Britain, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Greece e.t.c, (for a minute there it sounded like I was talking 'bout the Hetalia characters!) It could reference many bonds between Europe and America, such as British people finding America, killing/scaring off the natives, e.t.c.

Or I'm just an absolute nutter and I need to be put down for my own good

__
    )'_'(

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    who knows they could always change it
    make it so only in dark spots in water you can be attacked
    same for caves i don't really like any of the caves except for chargestone cave
    They need to do this. Caves/water are so annoying with all the encounters. Especially when its the same three the entire time.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

But since it's a made-up world, GF can plaster Europe/France in the middle of Japan if they wanted to! ;P

But remember..Route 10 in Unova was blocked off in BW2... If GF just wanted to give us a new Victory Road, they could've just made Victory Road cave-in and leave Route 10 mostly alone... Maybe the landslide opened up a path to this new region? I'm sure the basis for Johto isn't really connected to the west of the basis of Kanto.

Let me explain.
    Actually, the region Johto is based off of is contiguous with Kanto.
    But you are correct, they could do whatever with this new region (But I prefer to make the Pokemon world as close to the real world IMO).
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Actually, the region Johto is based off of is contiguous with Kanto.
    But you are correct, they could do whatever with this new region (But I prefer to make the Pokemon world as close to the real world IMO).
    Ah! I misread something! Thanks for correcting me ^3^ But now I feel stupid....

But I do hope for Unova. Mostly because Unova in 3D would look epic and Elesa deserves to get what she needs... 3D!!!!!

Let me explain.

Unova only looks like bit of a land mass

Unova2.jpg

And they could easily fit a shrunken Europe-shaped region in there. (But if it is Europe, they'll probably ditch the lesser known countries (Perhaps giving them their own games later?) and keep the known ones, like the UK/Britain, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Greece e.t.c, (for a minute there it sounded like I was talking 'bout the Hetalia characters!) It could reference many bonds between Europe and America, such as British people finding America, killing/scaring off the natives, e.t.c.
    They could, but it'd be better to save that for if they make regions based on New England, Canada, or the Mid Atlantic, all of which are closer IRL and would make more sense to be connected.

But I'd rather they didn't, or at least cut off access to most of Unova if they did but still show that they're connected. The reason being that multiple regions can bring about issues in regional design, pacing, and Pokemon distribution that detract from the experience as opposed to having one region.

Also, the fact that they're resetting route numbers again is a pretty good indication of a faraway region. If it was connected to Unova, they'd start with Rt. 24.

Page 101 of 314 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast