Page 102 of 314 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    But since it's a made-up world, GF can plaster Europe/France in the middle of Japan if they wanted to! ;PBut remember..Route 10 in Unova was blocked off in BW2... If GF just wanted to give us a new Victory Road, they could've just made Victory Road cave-in and leave Route 10 mostly alone... Maybe the landslide opened up a path to this new region? I'm sure the basis for Johto isn't really connected to the west of the basis of Kanto.

Let me explain.

Unova only looks like bit of a land mass

Attachment 8625

And they could easily fit a shrunken Europe-shaped region in there. (But if it is Europe, they'll probably ditch the lesser known countries (Perhaps giving them their own games later?) and keep the known ones, like the UK/Britain, France, Spain, Germany, Italy and Greece e.t.c, (for a minute there it sounded like I was talking 'bout the Hetalia characters!) It could reference many bonds between Europe and America, such as British people finding America, killing/scaring off the natives, e.t.c.

Or I'm just an absolute nutter and I need to be put down for my own good

__
    )'_'(
    Good point about it being a made up world, there are no deserts in Japan yet they put 1 in Hoenn (Kyushu) and Sinnoh (Hokkaido)

About shrinking Europe like that, I don't think that would be appropriate, Europe can not really be considered a country considering how diverse it is but it may work, I think it would be best to stick with France and Britain..and perhaps Greece or Spain as the former two are similar and the latter could be used for more diversity but anymore then tjat and it might seem like abit off. (I will explain later)

PS: You watch Hetalia? such a great show

I doubt anyone noticed but I accidently double posted however I deleted the extra post, I am sorry about the double post it won't happen again
    Last edited by divinepokemonXZ; 2nd April 2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: apology for accidental double post
    And that day the entire Pokémon community exploded with rage...

But remember..Route 10 in Unova was blocked off in BW2... If GF just wanted to give us a new Victory Road, they could've just made Victory Road cave-in and leave Route 10 mostly alone... Maybe the landslide opened up a path to this new region?
    I would like to see this happen, that would give a solid reason for what GF did with Route 10.

The landslide is completely pointless right now, but if upon cleaning it turns out the landslide actually ends up opening a new path to a new region, that would be so much better.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    They need to do this. Caves/water are so annoying with all the encounters. Especially when its the same three the entire time.
    yeah definitely :/
    i'm sick of having to spend all my money on repels everytime i go to these areas just to avoid being annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i'm sick of having to spend all my money on repels everytime i go to these areas just to avoid being annoyed
    Yes. Have, like I believe you said, dark areas where pokemon are caught. Or make my repel help item.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

I'm really hoping for revisiting old regions. I think it would be really interesting taking a region I'm fairly familiar with like Kanto or Hoenn and seeing it with the new graphics.

I know its not very likely, but maybe we'll get an Emerald remake with the new graphics
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    I'm really hoping for revisiting old regions. I think it would be really interesting taking a region I'm fairly familiar with like Kanto or Hoenn and seeing it with the new graphics.

I know its not very likely, but maybe we'll get an Emerald remake with the new graphics
    I'm hoping for an eventual Ruby/Sapphire remake utilizing the new graphics too. Hoenn has always been my favorite region. Maybe this time around they can put Latias and Latios on the covers instead of Groudon and Kyogre since the colors still match the titles.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I'm hoping for an eventual Ruby/Sapphire remake utilizing the new graphics too. Hoenn has always been my favorite region. Maybe this time around they can put Latias and Latios on the covers instead of Groudon and Kyogre since the colors still match the titles.
    I don't think they'll do that. Groudon and kyogre are the mascots.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Yeah Latios and Latias have nothing to do with the story arc, so they'd look really out of place
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

It'd be cool if the new region had a subway station in each city, so you don't need fly if you don't have it

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Drapion View Post
    It'd be cool if the new region had a subway station in each city, so you don't need fly if you don't have it
    Sorta like the magnet train, just in the region? That'd be cool. Or even put it on some island towns, so you don't need to always surf.

-My younger brother

So, anyone for a proper Volcano? Pt Mt. Stark and W2 Reverse Mountain were nice tries, but I want this one to have magma flows blocking your progress, and erupts at some point(s) in the game. But keep Heatran. 'Cuzz Heatran is awesome and is somehow present in nearly every Pokemon Volcano. (Ranger and Mystery Dungeon (Time, Darkness and Sky) prove this!)

But if I'm right, Hoenn had a few volcanic areas... Did they have Lava? Sorry for being such a n00b. I was a D/P/Pt child.
    Yeah, I've been hoping for a true volcano for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I get it from the fact that unova has beaches....like beaches you would see in florida, mountains, canyons, caves, desert, and smaller towns/cities. Unova's name is even supposed to be like code for United states of America. New york doesn't have all of those things in it. Only castelia is based kn NYC.
    Well they had to do, the region would be extremely boring if it was just one big city. They added things to the other regions too.

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    Does anyone think that this new region might be connected to an old one (Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova) like Kanto was to Johto?

I think it's plausible. (Might have been suggested before)

From memory Hoenn was like a big island, so it would be more difficult without involving planes etc. But Sinnoh and Unova were definitely landlocked in the north, and they could potentially connect to a gen 6 region.
    No, Kanto was terrible in G/S. They watered the region down and just tacked it on to Johto, and all the trainers there were underleveled. You could blow though it within a couple of hours. Kanto being in the game also held Johto back. Johto could have been bigger and more interesting, but instead Gamefreak just decided to make a small region plus add a watered down version of the region you were in in the last game. I'd be fine with it if Gamefreak's learned from their mistakes, but I really don't think they have.

I would like a Sevii Islands type region in the post game though.

Quote Originally Posted by GerudoPrince View Post
    Maybe instead of Ruby/Sapphire remakes they could join Hoenn to this region post-game like Kanto did in gen 2. It wouldn't be the entire story again, just the region/gyms (probably too much in one game).
    I'd rather see full fledged remakes of R/S then have them tacked on to the region in X/Y. Not only do I think it would be better this way, but Gamefreak would do it this way because remakes mean more money.
    No sig. Deal with it.

I hope that because of Xerneas, that we get a village similar to Agate Village and a forest similar to Relic Forest, I really loved it because of how quiet and mystical it was which would fit Xerneas

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    I would like a Sevii Islands type region in the post game though.
    I fail to see the difference between that and what we typically get post game.

Quote Originally Posted by bloocookies View Post
    I hope that because of Xerneas, that we get a village similar to Agate Village and a forest similar to Relic Forest, I really loved it because of how quiet and mystical it was which would fit Xerneas
    Make it happen, Game Freak.

Possible that you meet Skyla And she brings you to the Hoenn region?
    I want it to happen to have 16 badges in a game Just like HG/SS..

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    You could catch a Pokemon with the Ability Stench - From Pokémon Emerald onwards, if a Pokémon with Stench is leading the party, then Stench reduces the chances of encountering wild Pokémon by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Marowik View Post
    I'm hoping that the region includes ALL of Europe, and because river travel was really prominent in Europe, I think we'll get a river rapids sectoin at some point.
    Just couldn't agree with this post more. I was telling my mates about how I'd like ALL of Europe, but one argued back that you'd stay in the town that represents your country, your "home town" for want of a better phrase. Well, mate, to argue back, who doesn't want to travel all of Europe? - I'm still holding out for some Hoenn intergration, I understand it's a little like Marmite on the forums though (you love or hate the idea - I was a Hoenn kid though)

Quote Originally Posted by Waldy565 View Post
    Just couldn't agree with this post more. I was telling my mates about how I'd like ALL of Europe, but one argued back that you'd stay in the town that represents your country, your "home town" for want of a better phrase. Well, mate, to argue back, who doesn't want to travel all of Europe? - I'm still holding out for some Hoenn intergration, I understand it's a little like Marmite on the forums though (you love or hate the idea - I was a Hoenn kid though)
    I was a Hoenn kid too, and if I ever get the chance to get a Hoenn starter in a new game that isn't a remake without needing to import it, I'd personally give Nintendo a Muffin Basket full of money. XD

Im a Kanto kid but I'm not against seeing Hoenn with the new graphics. I'd be interested to see how any of the old regions look in proper 3D
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I was a Hoenn kid too, and if I ever get the chance to get a Hoenn starter in a new game that isn't a remake without needing to import it, I'd personally give Nintendo a Muffin Basket full of money. XD
    It would be so cool if they implemented some sort of post-game situation where you met Steven or Professor Birch and they gave you your choice of a Hoenn starter.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Can we end this hoenn talk already? It's so stupid, no matter what the game is, people always bring up hoenn.
    BW2: ermahgerd hoerrnn in bw2, you can't deny it.
    XY: ermahgerd hoerrnn postgerrmm.
    Back onto topic, who else wants to see berry and (apricorn?) trees back in the region, I hated how I was forced to use the DW to get berries, and i wonder what the regional berry specialty is, iirc, Unova have no unique berry based pokefood

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Can we end this hoenn talk already? It's so stupid, no matter what the game is, people always bring up hoenn.
    Back onto topic, who else wants to see berry and (apricorn?) trees back in the region, I hated how I was forced to use the DW to get berries, and i wonder what the regional berry specialty is, iirc, Unova have no unique berry based pokefood
    I would like Berries to return, but I would like it if the Berry trees were similar to Apricorn Trees, where the Trees are permanent but the Berries respawn everyday. I never did understand why in order to get three Berries its required to cut down a whole Tree...
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Hell yes, GF bring back berries to the games. This is the only reason why I hated the dream world.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    I would like Berries to return, but I would like it if the Berry trees were similar to Apricorn Trees, where the Trees are permanent but the Berries respawn everyday. I never did understand why in order to get three Berries its required to cut down a whole Tree...
    You just gave me a genius idea. What if it were more like this:

The first time you plant a berry there, it works the same way it has since 3rd gen, you water the tree, and it takes a day or so for berries to sprout. Once you pick them, the tree stays up and by keeping the soil moist enough using water and mulch, more will grow, but in a shorter amount of time. And should you want to replace a particular berry tree with another one, you can use Cut to get rid of it and plant a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You just gave me a genius idea. What if it were more like this:

The first time you plant a berry there, it works the same way it has since 3rd gen, you water the tree, and it takes a day or so for berries to sprout. Once you pick them, the tree stays up and by keeping the soil moist enough using water and mulch, more will grow, but in a shorter amount of time. And should you want to replace a particular berry tree with another one, you can use Cut to get rid of it and plant a different one.
    It seems like a good idea, but it might be better if a limit were set on the max number of berries found on a plant, such as 4-5, or else it might get flooded with berries

I can't wait intill they release the regions name. Hope it has some similarities with parts of Europe.

My Team
    White

Page 102 of 314 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast