Page 113 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    The UK actually makes an appearance in the game. The domes we see in the trailer are based off of Eden Project in Cornwall.

Hopefully they'd create a ferris wheel based on the London eye and a tower based off of Big Ben.
    Eden.JPG

The Eden Project surrounding area looks very different and is on the ground. But I still want UK!

Perhaps a Battle Frontier placed around the whole UK/France Region? Battle Wheel (Big Ben, England) Battle Tower (Eiffel Tower, France), Battle Factory (Oil producing factory in Aberdeen (The Oil capital of Europe), Battle Castle (Edinburgh Castle, Scotland), e.t.c.

The UK actually makes an appearance in the game. The domes we see in the trailer are based off of Eden Project in Cornwall.

Hopefully they'd create a ferris wheel based on the London eye and a tower based off of Big Ben.
    Has that been confirmed or are you just guessing?
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

I mainly say that as I love Japan so much :P
    The whole of America in 1 region and the United Kingdom into 3 regions? Uhm..
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by happinas View Post
    I mainly say that as I love Japan so much :P
    The whole of America in 1 region and the United Kingdom into 3 regions? Uhm..
    Wasn't so much as America all in one region, it was mainly New York. There were references to other parts sure, but not as a whole.

It could also be loosely based on the French astronomical observatory, Pic du Midi de Bigorre.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

while is was a france based observatory, i really hope the British Isles makes an appearance in this game somehow as something similar to that of the sevii islands it was just such a cool feature i think a few islands wouldn't hurt

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

A France/UK Region would make a great Jhoto/Kanto style joined region which we haven't had since them :-)

Being from England I hope they'll eventually do the British isles separate to this new region.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

I would love to see at least ont UK Based Area in the game..maybe the Battle Frointer (In this game) could be based on the UK..thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I would love to see at least ont UK Based Area in the game..maybe the Battle Frointer (In this game) could be based on the UK..thoughts on this?
    It's a waste. Why would you waste the UK on a tiny island for the battle facilities?

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    It's a waste. Why would you waste the UK on a tiny island for the battle facilities?
    Exactly. We need to keep our heads about this. The new region is all but labeled PokeParis. The UK will get their region, someday. It's inevitable. London is so iconic and has perfect water ways to make for a well balance map of a region. All there is to do is wait for GF to make it happen.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by happinas View Post
    I think it´s pretty sad if they are already on france :-/
    Me too, I would love to see more regions based on the U.S. Although that's mainly because I want to see my home state of Maryland in Pokemon form (which will probably never happen for like, at least 5-10 generations, aside from D.C., there's not much that's truly iconic to anyone worldwide or even nationwide for that matter).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    Exactly. We need to keep our heads about this. The new region is all but labeled PokeParis. The UK will get their region, someday. It's inevitable. London is so iconic and has perfect water ways to make for a well balance map of a region. All there is to do is wait for GF to make it happen.
    The UK is very small (it fits into Alaska like a hundred times!), so it as a small post-game area could make sense, especially due to the famous English Channel and Channel Tunnel. Remember, 3DS has more memory than the DS, so (a) bigger region(s) is bound to happen. Plus, the UK wouldn't be a very interesting region on its own. Our weather pattern? Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Did I mention the DAMNED RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >: ( You guys have noooooo idea! (Unless your British!)

Plus, who said the UK had to be small? HG/SS had two huge regions (Not counting G/S/C as they removed certain Kanto areas or shrunk them!) and it got along fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Me too, I would love to see more regions based on the U.S. Although that's mainly because I want to see my home state of Maryland in Pokemon form (which will probably never happen for like, at least 5-10 generations, aside from D.C., there's not much that's truly iconic to anyone worldwide or even nationwide for that matter).
    I think it would be cool to have one more US region. I want the south, California, maybe Seattle, Detroit, Devil's Tower (Wyoming landmark), and a few other places to be represented.

They could easily do a town in the game based on Baltimore. Could be overrun with Murkrow and Honchkrow to reference Poe.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I think it would be cool to have one more US region. I want the south, California, maybe Seattle, Detroit, Devil's Tower (Wyoming landmark), and a few other places to be represented.
    I can think of a ton of places in the U.S. they could do. New England, Baltimore/D.C., Philadelphia (possibly as part of the Baltimore/D.C. region), Florida (particularly Miami), Chicago, New Orleans, Texas, California (split up into at least 2 or 3 regions), and Seattle seem like good places.

They could easily do a town in the game based on Baltimore. Could be overrun with Murkrow and Honchkrow to reference Poe.
    I don't think many people would get the reference, especially considering that Murkrow and Honchkrow are crows, not ravens. Besides, poets aren't exactly that well known. Hell, even I tend to forget that Poe lived in Baltimore, and that's where I grew up.

Realistically, it'd probably be some combination of Virbank City, BW1 Driftveil City, and maybe a bit of Canalave City. We're a port city first and foremost.

But we're getting off topic.

On that note, what kinds of areas in France would you like to see represented? Besides what's already been shown, I wouldn't mind seeing a beach area based on Normandy and a snowy area based on the Alps.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

On that note, what kinds of areas in France would you like to see represented? Besides what's already been shown, I wouldn't mind seeing a beach area based on Normandy and a snowy area based on the Alps.
    Normandy and Nice can be both port cities, maybe Normandy being the Port city to another part of the region and Nice being like Dewford/Undella port towns.
    The Alps would be a pretty cool mountain range for the region.
    Toulouse and Marseille could be the big cities.
    Can't think of a French small town that could be the starting point for the game.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

I can think of a ton of places in the U.S. they could do. New England, Baltimore/D.C., Philadelphia (possibly as part of the Baltimore/D.C. region), Florida (particularly Miami), Chicago, New Orleans, Texas, California (split up into at least 2 or 3 regions), and Seattle seem like good places.

I don't think many people would get the reference, especially considering that Murkrow and Honchkrow are crows, not ravens. Besides, poets aren't exactly that well known. Hell, even I tend to forget that Poe lived in Baltimore, and that's where I grew up.

Realistically, it'd probably be some combination of Virbank City, BW1 Driftveil City, and maybe a bit of Canalave City. We're a port city first and foremost.

But we're getting off topic.

I know that -krow is in their names but I've read that at least Honchkrow's design is more based off of a raven than a crow. Plus, crows are close to ravens and we don't have any raven Pokemon, so I was stretching a little.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that Poe is closely tied to Baltimore (at least in the US). Hell, they have a professional football team that just won the Super Bowl named exclusively after Poe's Raven.

I know that -krow is in their names but I've read that at least Honchkrow's design is more based off of a raven than a crow. Plus, crows are close to ravens and we don't have any raven Pokemon, so I was stretching a little.

I think it's pretty common knowledge that Poe is closely tied to Baltimore (at least in the US). Hell, they have a professional football team that just won the Super Bowl named exclusively after Poe's Raven.
    Well, after they won, more People wanted to know the teams name's origin. Honchkrow is more based on a Raven than Murkrow. Raven-like Pokémon could be implemented into the game though. Speaking of which, how about a Baltimore based town with a Dark gym?

It didn't occur to me until recently that Flash on the overworld could be pretty interesting. They could make caves and tunnels have a creepy atmosphere, and the 3D will add to the effect.

I would like to see a catacombs location too, probably under the Eiffel Tower city, like the Castelia Sewers. It would be filled with ghost types and rare bones/ancient items. I suppose it could be the game's resident creepy location.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I've never seen Baltimore get this much attention, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Speaking of which, how about a Baltimore based town with a Dark gym?
    Dark, Poison, Water, or Steel would be likely gym types.

But I doubt we'll be seeing my home city appear in XY.

A city with cool looking colonial buildings in it would be a nice touch to have once.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

I really hope with the bigger memory they have on the 3DS they dont cheap out on the cities

I want Castelia City but bigger and better!

I hope we get some more fantasy like cities. Pokemon is a world with magical animals with powers, lets see some really special cities. I can only hope. I hope we get a haunted city/village/town in the game where it's always night time and full of fog and the buildings always have lamps and such on. The people could be weird or acting funny, maybe they are possessed by Ghost Pokemon and it could be a weird sidequest you could do to catch rare Ghost Pokemon or something, I don't know. I just want some more weird cities.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I hope we get some more fantasy like cities. Pokemon is a world with magical animals with powers, lets see some really special cities. I can only hope.
    I agree. Although I'd like European cities to be the source of inspiration for the generation's region, we should go to completely made up towns and cities. Have we ever done this before, or are the Japanese-based regions (Kanto-Sinnoh) completely made up?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I hope we get a haunted city/village/town in the game where it's always night time and full of fog and the buildings always have lamps and such on. The people could be weird or acting funny, maybe they are possessed by Ghost Pokemon and it could be a weird sidequest you could do to catch rare Ghost Pokemon or something, I don't know. I just want some more weird cities
    Sounds like a sidequest for Pokémon really. Maybe a possible DLC event where you find a Legendary ghost type with mind-controlling abilties. This is IF we get DLC this gen.

I wish they expand more on waterfalls, like have secret caves inside specific waterfalls that lead to a different town , or have hidden grottoes in waterfalls (that is if they come back)

Page 113 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast