Page 119 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Just because it looks like its going to be a straight path doesn't mean it's going to be easy like others claim for Unova. Hell what if the paths are you know mind challenging and takes almost an hour to complete them?
    Because that defeats the purpose of having linear and simplistic regional design, which is to dumb the games down for little kids. From what I can make out of the region, they haven't changed their stance on this, which is sad because it ruins the game for me to dumb down the region like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Also, I see a big river and mountain ranges, explain to me how it's linear and simple with those taking up a lot of the region?
    We probably won't be exploring the entirety of those rivers and mountains. The only discernible path I can make out is one giant circle through the region.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Because that defeats the purpose of having linear and simplistic regional design, which is to dumb the games down for little kids. From what I can make out of the region, they haven't changed their stance on this, which is sad because it ruins the game for me to dumb down the region like this.

We probably won't be exploring the entirety of those rivers and mountains. The only discernible path I can make out is one giant circle through the region.
    Just because a game isn't open-world doesn't make it 'dumbed down.' Don't get me wrong, I always enjoyed exploring new regions, but it's not as if Pokemon ever allowed anyone to go anywhere except towns, routes and caves. That's not it being 'dumbed down,' that's it not having open-world exploration. Open-world exploration is a fun thing, but there are plenty of fun games that don't have it, so not having it doesn't make a game automatically worthless.

I would kinda like to see an open-world Pokemon game, though.

Translating maire from French, it roughly means mayor. Though I'm going to laugh if our naming theme is about important jobs. Anyways I can clearly see it's france.

Also, I see a big river and mountain ranges, explain to me how it's linear and simple with those taking up a lot of the region?
    Political figures city naming a go! Facista City would be an amazingly controversial thing I want happening, and it would be a lingual pun.

Otherwise, I just dunno how routes are gonna work on that in-game map. If its just artwork, and the map is different sure, but otherwise I'm curious. Looks like its gonna involve a lot of caves, but that ain't a bad thing. Gamefreak knows caves, they proved that much in B2W2. Also, thanks to the boxarts, 2 locations for legendaries again? Last time we had that it was oh, GSC, and we all know how that ended up being solved. I wonder if they've got something major up their sleeves.
    BLAH

The region is apparently called Karos which is based on France(surprise surprise). Miare City is the supposed main city.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The only discernible path I can make out is one giant circle through the region.
    Come on. Are you really basing this off of a tiny, blurred map of the region? I mean, really. We have no idea how the path will go.

If this Maire (?) city is bigger than Castelia I really hope that they fill it with things to do. Castelia was nice and all, but after the first go round there were few reasons to return, which was a shame considering how pretty it was. Hope they work in some of Paris' sites too (catacombs, please!).
    Last edited by Valoo.; 11th May 2013 at 4:48 PM.

I see France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Andorra... Hopefully they can incorporate some other countries' cultures into the region.

Europe is really charming, so it will be cool to see the general atmosphere of this whole area.

I wonder if the herb shop will be in the general vicinity of amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    I see France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Andorra... Hopefully they can incorporate some other countries' cultures into the region.

Europe is really charming, so it will be cool to see the general atmosphere of this whole area.
    I don't see any of the other Countries actually, just France and maybe Monaco. Though I do agree Europe is a really charming place and will provide a really good atmosphere for a pokemon game. I wonder where Yggdrasil is going to be though...

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

the region looks interesting hopefully we will get a better picture of it soon
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I want a clear/bigger image of Karos, it's to tiny to see anything. All I see is green and mountains. >.<
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

Most likely referencing the French Alps and the Pyrenees
    Yes, the southern and eastern ones. There are no big mountain chains in the west, but I like they added them in the Karos map. I like mountainous areas in Pokemon.

Karos? I wonder why they picked that name.

Also, is it just me, or does the art style of the map look... different? It looks like something more out of a PMD game to me, with all the bright and blocky colours.

Probably been mentioned, but from what I can make out from the scan, Karos seems to be just... France. Like, not a map of Paris, or a specific region or whatever, just most of France. Granted, I'm no expert on French geography so I may miss my mark, and this may just be a part of Paris on the bank of the Seine. But it appears to be most of France, which is cool. Looks like we aren't getting the parts of England across the Channel like so many wanted. Aye, looks like there's barely any water routes at all, except around the coast. I don't see any islands, but again, the scan isn't too great.

And Karos is the Japanese name. Maybe it'll carry over, but we'll learn the localized name in a few days.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Probably been mentioned, but from what I can make out from the scan, Karos seems to be just... France. Like, not a map of Paris, or a specific region or whatever, just most of France. Granted, I'm no expert on French geography so I may miss my mark, and this may just be a part of Paris on the bank of the Seine. But it appears to be most of France, which is cool. Looks like we aren't getting the parts of England across the Channel like so many wanted. Aye, looks like there's barely any water routes at all, except around the coast. I don't see any islands, but again, the scan isn't too great.

And Karos is the Japanese name. Maybe it'll carry over, but we'll learn the localized name in a few days.
    It's interesting that you mention islands. I was wondering if they might include the channel islands. I know they aren't French but in terms of the geography, they are much closer to France than they are to the UK.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Can't wait to have a look at a clearer shot of the regions map, I somehow feel it is not that detailed this time though, probably not to spoil the areas : )

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    It's interesting that you mention islands. I was wondering if they might include the channel islands. I know they aren't French but in terms of the geography, they are much closer to France than they are to the UK.
    Yeah, I mean I'm still holding on and hoping against hope, but I didn't see any in the ocean area of the map. It just looks like open sea.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

There are quite a few rivers in France though. So we'll probably have that too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    There are quite a few rivers in France though. So we'll probably have that too.
    If you look at the Region Map..it looks very very very similar to France..

I take it Bolt will be happy it's not a circle. Looks packed.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Karos? I wonder why they picked that name.

Also, is it just me, or does the art style of the map look... different? It looks like something more out of a PMD game to me, with all the bright and blocky colours.
    I'd agree. I think things seem a lot more, eh, 'random'? Can't find the word.
    I actually like it. Also think the possibility of islands is quite high.

The map picture looks like it's ingame to me.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

It's nice to finally have an official name for the region; maybe now people will stop calling it PokeFrance or whatever that weird nickname was lol. I like the map of the region although it's kind of hard to see all the landmarks. Karos at least looks more interesting than Unova in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Yeah, I mean I'm still holding on and hoping against hope, but I didn't see any in the ocean area of the map. It just looks like open sea.
    The only thing that slightly resembles islands on the map to me is two green spots which do seem detached from the main region just under the red writing in the top-left corner.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I feel like the artwork for the map looks like something off of mystery dungeon

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Fighting one of those weird warrior cosplayers again who are now after Calem for some reason
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I hope there are some fun places in Karos, and hopefully there will be a snow city. I love snow and ice worlds in video games, no wonder I loved Sinnoh. I'm also hoping we get more fantasy like cities in the game, like a underwater city or one in the sky, but I doubt it. Hope the region will look nice. I'm finally motivated to get into Pokemon again.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Page 119 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast