Page 12 of 314 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    I hope it's not just Paris, France. Europe has a lot of great capital cities/regions that would be great to explore, especially in 3D. Maybe they might have an underground train to London, a Mediterranean town by the sea, a place like the Netherlands with dykes and such, etc.

If they are really ambitious they should go for a Pax Romana type region that across into real world northern Africa. I'm partly think that's somewhat likely because we have a desert region.
    The Chanel tunnel better be put in this game if its based of Paris and that area, its just too good to be passed up!
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I agree.

Also, rather than being based on a portion of France (like what they did with Unova being based only on Manhattan), I think the region will based on the whole country.
    See, for some reason I really don't like that. I've never been to France or Europe, but I feel it's going to limit the uniqueness of each different city/town/area of the region.

I like bit cities, but a game full of Nimbasas and Castellias is not my thing.

If someone could tell me what France & surrounding area is like that might change my opinion.

I reallt hope that it isn't just based off of Paris. Other major cities around Europe would feel much less limited.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

It will be based off france entirely, they would run out of countries if they did europe or even one section of europe in one generation, pokemon is still got many more games to come and i don't think they would limit there future options. black and white were based on a small part of america, x and y will be france only, there are foxes, hedgehogs and frogs there, i would expect other landmarks from other countries to be shown early on if it was more than that.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Whatever the region's based on, I just hope that it's bigger and less linear than Unova. Perhaps somewhere near the size of Hoenn or Sinnoh - I remember them both being rather large and diverse.

Oh, and I hope that we get some proper map art in CoroCoro. Speaking of which, when exactly will CoroCoro be released this month, anyway?

I'm glad they chose Paris, France as the location for this region. I was happy to get a region based off my home state here in the U.S but I'm glad they moved on. The region looks great so far and I can't wait to fully explore it. Here's hoping we great a Hoenn or Sinnoh sized region. Also less linearity this time around, that really took away some of the awesome factor of Unova for me.

Any coastal region will probably be either based off the English Channel or the Mediterranean near Spain. France doesn't have a lot of water save for those two places.

From what I have seen with Black and White 2. Because of the whole Generation gap, they probably have areas where you can catch past-Generation Pokemon.
    Maybe like BW2 when you can get some early in the game or like BW and you have to beat the main storyline to catch any old Pokemon.
    Would be nice to be able to return to a region again, but I suppose the 3DS can't handle that sort of deal (I suppose it can, but I'm going by standards).

I always wanted this, after R/S/E spoiled me with Dive (I love that HM), I have always wanted more uses with Dive. Not just exploring a temple underwater.
    I was thinking maybe the villains will attempt to hide under water like Aqua and Magma and once you smoke them out of their hiding spot they cause an event
    in which you have to find and awaken the master of the trio to assist.
    (More Dive areas, with more ways to find items, secrets, and Pokemon)

I'm taking from R/S/E but the point is, I want more places to explore underwater, not just the usual.
    I mean, remember Sootopolis? You had to use Dive to find the entrance to the town and once you did
    you could fly to it instead of having to resurface each time you wanted to visit.

Since this is taking place in France, I recall there being catacombs below Paris (?) where it is said there are
    still bodies and I was thinking it would be a perfect layout for an area where you can catch Ghost and Dark Pokemon (maybe Psychic).
    Last edited by TomoEGoto; 9th January 2013 at 4:05 AM.

I'm guessing it will be more of europe then just france... more of a hodgepodge

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Also something of note is that the routes seem to have reverted back again and start at Route 1. In the trailer the protagonist walks in to Route 3.
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Also something of note is that the routes seem to have reverted back again and start at Route 1. In the trailer the protagonist walks in to Route 3.
    Meaning that the region is again far away.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHill005 View Post
    Oh, and I hope that we get some proper map art in CoroCoro. Speaking of which, when exactly will CoroCoro be released this month, anyway?
    well i heard someone say that corocoro will come on the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    Yea Hoenn was the only one with major bad weather but only when everything goes wrong.. Everywhere else was pretty tame (I'm guessing Unova did too, haven't played it yet) So it would be cool to have some extremes in it. If they keep seasons then that could get interesting.
    Hoenn's weather was tamed compared to what I want from this region XD I want lightning storms that almost hit us but we have to avoid them, meteors/anything falling from the sky and we have to avoid it, places that are hazardous to us but were forced to go there (nuclear waste I mean...), and alot of other things that I doubt GameFreak would put into a Pokemon game
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedicere View Post
    Meaning that the region is again far away.
    Yeah. Hopefully that means that there are a lot of new pokemon.
    Pokégyms

I think the spider web is part of a bug type gym.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

I'm so happy that the new region is France-based! Maybe we could see some sort of Eiffle Tower-esque battle station/tournament thingie?
    Pokemon ŕ Paris? Ooh la-la!

I dont get it why everyone is jumping on the chromosome idea, does the region theme have to be based on the name. I mean its not like Kanto was some how based on the color red or something. Correct me if im wrong.

I just notice that the origin of Pikachu's shocks in the beginning of the trailer look as if it is coming from Europe.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I just notice that the origin of Pikachu's shocks in the beginning of the trailer look as if it is coming from Europe.
    France. to be precise. The region is mostly based on paris

I hope there are more and longer routes again like before BW because BW routes felt kinda short and parts that would be separate routes in older games were one big route e.g. pinwheel forest was both the forest and part before the forest, whereas I felt they should have extended that part into its own route.
    Not only does it seem better but would be better for nuzlocke fans since routes are split up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Yeah, if I'm correct, he's sitting atop the Eiffle Tower.
    Pokemon ŕ Paris? Ooh la-la!

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    France. to be precise. The region is mostly based on paris
    I know about the Paris vibe in the screenshots, but looking at a freeze frame, the location is in Europe directly above one of the Northernmost parts of Africa, which would be France.

Hoenn has disappointed.

If the region is based on part of Europe instead of just France, then i hope we get some islands based on the Balearic islands. A pokemonified version of Ibiza would be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGrit View Post
    Yeah, if I'm correct, he's sitting atop the Eiffle Tower.
    I didn't even see that. I was looking more on the global geography. It would be cool if we had some cool French style themes to listen to.

Hoenn has disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I dont get it why everyone is jumping on the chromosome idea, does the region theme have to be based on the name. I mean its not like Kanto was some how based on the color red or something. Correct me if im wrong.
    I don't understand it either. The names pokemon X and Y probably come from the x and y axis on the coordinate grid. Also, if the third game is named pokemon Z, then it would come from the third axis, the z axis, which creates depth, or 3 dimensions.
    Name: Leaf Pokemon White friend code: 0518-6577-9216
    My White Team: My White 2 Team:
    My Y Team: Delphox Furfrou Yveltal

Page 12 of 314 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast