Page 120 of 314 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Just looked at the map:

1. Hoenn is still the king in my opinion
    2. Kanto, the original
    3. Johto, cool region but very small
    4. Unova, was okay but way to linear
    5. Sinnoh, not my cup of tea. It was a boring region everything was putted way to clean/nice.

For Karos, it think it will be between Hoenn and Kanto I'm content.
    My 3DS games:

- Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I hope there are some fun places in Karos, and hopefully there will be a snow city. I love snow and ice worlds in video games, no wonder I loved Sinnoh. I'm also hoping we get more fantasy like cities in the game, like a underwater city or one in the sky, but I doubt it. Hope the region will look nice. I'm finally motivated to get into Pokemon again.
    I honestly hope we don't get those. If we get those it means we'll have Ice & Water type gym leaders, & I think we need a break from those for a while

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I hope there are some fun places in Karos, and hopefully there will be a snow city. I love snow and ice worlds in video games, no wonder I loved Sinnoh. I'm also hoping we get more fantasy like cities in the game, like a underwater city or one in the sky, but I doubt it. Hope the region will look nice. I'm finally motivated to get into Pokemon again.
    I could see an ice city/gym, especially given the Alps, and it seems that Karos has a lot of mountainous terrain. As for underwater and sky cities... the main series of games have never really pushed at the suspension of disbelief like that. While I can't speak for the sky city, the large body of water to the east seems pretty empty, and I would think a water city would have at least something to show for itself. While I do love the idea of a dome city under the sea, I don't think we'll be seeing one this gen.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I take it Bolt will be happy it's not a circle. Looks packed.
    Looks pretty circular to me.

I'll admit it's a bit early to be making judgments on regional design, but from what I can see in the picture, the main path is pretty linear and clear cut like Unova. The mountainous areas could make the regional design more interesting, but I have a feeling it's just going to be used for optional dungeons, like many of Unova's (Lostlorn Forest, Mistralton Cave, etc., most of those were just optional dungeons that lead to nowhere).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

well what parts of france look like those dome buildings in the desert we saw?
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Looks pretty circular to me.
    Hmm, It looks very compacted and Square-like (?) to me. But I guess clearer pictures will need to come in before conclusion can be drawn.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    well what parts of france look like those dome buildings in the desert we saw?
    An observatory, the exact name & location of which escape me

I don't think we can really make that big assumptions right now, since we only got a SMALL picture of it, and it seems to be the map you get in-game rather then a drawn one.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The only two that come to mind are the Solar Obervatory Tower in Meudon, and the other is the one in the French Alps. Most of the ones in France seem to either be in Universities or just cities. There aren't any that are really in the desert that I can think of.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Interesting observation; the west coast of Karos has the sea whereas the east coast of Unova also takes part of the sea. Perhaps we could revisit said location? Maybe via plane or boat? And notice how the eastern sea of Hoenn looks like as if it can connect to Karos? It's interesting to speculate what lies beyond the sea. Well Kanto did have the Sevii Islands; furthermore, anybody think there could be some islands west of Karos? Perhaps there will be more explorable areas if DLC happens. Think BW2 with the new areas that weren't in BW. I know Masuda is against paying for DLC, so what content would be possible?

I really hope we get a Alps area..that would be freaking awesome and could be the big mountain of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    I really hope we get a Alps area..that would be freaking awesome and could be the big mountain of the game
    I can see the Elite 4 taking place there. High above the snowy alps lies the final challenge; the elite 4. Please let there be a dark type gym!

I definitely looks to me like the west of Karos could lead to some islands/another region.
    I'd really like to see Brendan/May in this game.

I'm excited to see a clear picture of the region. Hopefully it's better then Unova there wasn't a lot to it and was very linear
    3DS Friend code
    1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari
    Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Secret Base
    Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I'd really like to see Brendan/May in this game.
    If they did appear that would kinda confirm Ruby and Sapphire remakes for 3DS?
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

I really wanted to see a lot of watery routes in the new region but Karos might not have very many, at least judging by the map that we have. I'm also not a fan of the rocky and dry areas that I've seen. I wanted the region to contain lots of green places with vegetation but we're getting at least one desert and who knows how many mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Hmm, It looks very compacted and Square-like (?) to me.
    I guess if you want to get technical, yeah. It does seem to have that same kind of simple loop that Unova had, though.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's an observatory that studies the night sky if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    It's an observatory that studies the night sky if I recall correctly.
    as most do... lol

It is hard to comment on the region because it's so small...

But from the looks of it, looks like we will have a diverse one. The mountains and forests are pretty much scattered.
    It also looks like we'll be getting a decent amount of water region to explore.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Also, remember that the first Unova map wasn't in fact the full map, but this:

So we could have more of the map to see even after the HQ of the CoroCoro map finally arrives.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Also, remember that the first Unova map wasn't in fact the full map, but this:

So we could have more of the map to see even after the HQ of the CoroCoro map finally arrives.
    They usually only hide post game areas, though, so what we're seeing may just be the areas we explore during the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    It is hard to comment on the region because it's so small...

But from the looks of it, looks like we will have a diverse one. The mountains and forests are pretty much scattered.
    It also looks like we'll be getting a decent amount of water region to explore.
    which hopefully means dive will make another appearance. I love dive, and i loved exploring the abandoned ship in RSE.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    If they did appear that would kinda confirm Ruby and Sapphire remakes for 3DS?
    I would love this like no other.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

The one thing I think we can guarantee about the region is that there are, in fact, post-game areas. The clouds have historically been known to cover up post-game areas and most are along the southern part of Karos with a couple on the north-east edge of Karos. Maybe a Monaco-like area with a nice coast along the southern edge. Now I would love that! Maybe also have a nice villa where you can chill in peace on a beautiful beach with some Gogoats grazing in a nice pasture. So peaceful. Hoping strong for post-game.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

The region is looking very small...I hope is just a fragment!! The 3Ds got more potential so used it GF!!

Page 120 of 314 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast