Page 126 of 314 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    So, I think that floating little island that looks like it has a building might be Mount Saint Michel....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4FYiNR8VNA...y,+France1.jpg
    Where do you see a floating island?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    That would mean.. the UK is in this?
    Mont St. Michel is located off the coast of Normany. So, not UK.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Where do you see a floating island?
    At the upper right of the map..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Could that round thing in the middle be the karos Entralink?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Could that round thing in the middle be the karos Entralink?
    That's Miare City...

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Mont St. Michel is located off the coast of Normany. So, not UK.
    St Michael's Mount

I got mixed up with our UK version...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    At the upper right of the map..
    Ah, I see it now. Though I wonder if it's just part of a mountain covered in snow. It's really hard to tell since the image is pretty blurry. It'd be cool if it were a floating island though.

That's Miare City...
    I thought it was the city on top with the tower?

Also I hope GF renamed the town map...to regional map!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    That's got me thinking; if the three character customization palettes are the only available ones, do you think we could start in three different areas depending on which one we choose?
    I think that would be a pretty nice idea.
    now that you mention it that does seem very likely. this is really getting me even more exited about this game.

http://i41.*******.com/1x54h.png

That's what I was talking about, its location is pretty much where its located in France, and it fits the general look of it, how its separated from the main land. Its just a guess though.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I really hope we get more wilderness this time around. Big, wide open map like that, we'd almost have to... In particular, I would appreciate it if the map went the opposite way of last time and was very non-linear. As in, multiple routes one could take to reach a particular place, and routes themselves would be more wide-open and spread out. I hope the mountainous area is particularly spacious (I love me some mountains), with lots of areas to climb, both inside and out. Also, it would be really nice if river travel was actually viable, and it didn't just show up in-game as lots of arbitrarily blocked little segments of river.

Also, that orange area near the large white circle (I'm assuming it's a city). Do you think that could be a savannah? It would be an interesting change of pace from our ordinary deserts...
    3DS FC: 3024-6140-6327 (please let me know if you add me, so I can add you too)
    Friend Safari is Fire with Pansear, Larvesta, and Braixen.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    http://i41.*******.com/1x54h.png

That's what I was talking about, its location is pretty much where its located in France, and it fits the general look of it, how its separated from the main land. Its just a guess though.
    They could actually make Mont St. Michel the League for Karos. I mean it's isolated; can only be accessed through a mountain...supposedly; would actually fit the whole stained glass window fire room in the trailer.

Judging on that Pokedex picture with numbers based on the region, assuming it's a perfect "still frame" from in game content, there was...

A. I minor brush up with the mountains and they are pursuing a different region (coastal?)
    B. They are currently pursuing the mountains, and the mountains is the last region to go to.

Of course, we don't know how linear the game is or not.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Tanned = Coastal
    White but not too white = Central
    Pale = Mountain

How I would see this xD
    I could totally see that happening.
    Before I was hoping/going for each starting route being a different difficulty. (as obviously you'd end up with different gym orders.) But this seems more likely. And seeing as we started in a city with a gym in BW2, it doesn't sound too outlandish to have 3 possible starting towns.

They could actually make Mont St. Michel the League for Karos. I mean it's isolated; can only be accessed through a mountain...supposedly; would actually fit the whole stained glass window fire room in the trailer.
    Oh! I never thought of that. That makes a lot of sense. It'd be cool to see it there to be honest. Finally a location that isn't in the Eastern or Northern part of the region.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I just recently saw the Pokedex news at the main site and glad to know that the region is separated into three areas.
    This could only mean that this region is so big and diverse, the region has to be divided into sub-regions.

This also leads me to think that each sub-region might have a corresponding Legendary, but this is not the right place to discuss it.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Who thinks that Karos region might be romanized as Kalos region? I dunno something about Kalos seems more likely in translations- or is it just me?
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Who thinks that Karos region might be romanized as Kalos region? I dunno something about Kalos seems more likely in translations- or is it just me?
    It depends on if it's supposed to be an r or l, but also depends on if the region will keep the name everywhere

I just recently saw the Pokedex news at the main site and glad to know that the region is separated into three areas.
    This could only mean that this region is so big and diverse, the region has to be divided into sub-regions.

This also leads me to think that each sub-region might have a corresponding Legendary, but this is not the right place to discuss it.
    Well, if that is the case I'm guessing that we're going to be getting a lot of Pokemon in this region, and I'm guessing that the battlefield we've been seeing so far might be from Central Karos? It does look like it'll be mostly grasslands...

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Well Isshu turned to Unova, it could be anything. Although they meant very similar things.

By the way, do we have any idea of what the region name means?

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

I thought that it said that the pokedex would be separated into three areas. It could just be a way of organizing the pokemon in the dex, but who knows. Though if the region was so huge it needed to be divided, that would be awesome since a huge reagion means more places to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I thought that it said that the pokedex would be separated into three areas. It could just be a way of organizing the pokemon in the dex, but who knows. Though if the region was so huge it needed to be divided, that would be awesome since a huge reagion means more places to explore.
    Well, yes. It was the Pokedex that is divided into three. But that's also applies to the region technically.
    I know that it might not mean anything besides habitat organization in the Pokedex, but it is still nice to have a region officially divided into sub-regions.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

If the region is as big as some people think it is(I counted 13 towns/cities) then I think it would be cool if in the region itself there were another 8 post-game gyms.

~

Well, yes. It was the Pokedex that is divided into three. But that's also applies to the region technically.
    I know that it might not mean anything besides habitat organization in the Pokedex, but it is still nice to have a region officially divided into sub-regions.
    Does it? I can clearly see a few seperate mountain ranges in the west, north and south. I still think it just catalogs the different pokemon in several sub categories. If you had this in Red/Blue, then:
    - Tentacool, Staryu, Seel, Shellder, etc would be pokemon found in Coastal Kanto, although they are not necessarily found all in the same place.
    - Onix, Diglett, Geodude, Charmander, Cubone, Rhydon, etc would be Mountain Range Kanto pokemon, although they're not found in the same 'mountain ranges/caves'.
    - Spearow, Drowzee, Abra, Bellsprout, Meowth, Pikachu, etc would be Central Kanto pokemon, eventhough they're not all found in central regions.

Personally, I agree with your second sentiment, and this is just the FR/LG-dex but more comprised into three subheadings.

If Mont st. Michel turns out to be the league I'll be pleasantly surprised. I've been there quite a few times, and it never ceases to amaze me.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    I can see them changing it into something completely different with "n" somewhere.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Page 126 of 314 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast