Page 16 of 314 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #376
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    582

    Default

    I'll put my suggestion on which towns will be in which district of France

    Hometown-Nice
    2nd Town-Marseille
    1st Gym(Bug)-Nimes
    2nd Gym(Electric)-Toulouse
    3rd Gym(Dark)-Bayonne
    4th Gym(Grass)-Bordeaux
    3rd Town-Bourges
    5th Gym(Flying)-Paris
    6th Gym(Psychic)-Dijon
    7th Gym(Rock)-Nancy
    4th Town-Amiens
    8th Gym(Poison)-Le Mans
    Pokemon League-Nantes
    Last edited by Happy Hydreigon; 9th January 2013 at 8:39 PM.

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Bruges? lol. Anyone see that movie In Bruges? Through out the entire film the main character spits on the city and calls it the worst city ever. But I think it looked nice. I wouldn't mind a town based on Bruges.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    884

    Default

    It would be cool if we could start in like the center of the region and choose our order of gyms, which would change type/evolutions/number of pokemon depending on when they are challenged. Then for like story parts the professor or someone could call you up and be like, Hey I need your help come over to so and so.

    ~

  4. #379
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,791

    Default

    I absolutely hope a location based off of Mont St. Michel is in-game. It's an old town on a beach surrounded by water and has a giant castle in the centre of it. It's now abandoned, but it would be really cool. Instead of making it like Lacunosa Town, make the town raised but still surrounded, only accessible by water.


    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where love doesn't reach
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Instead of making it like Lacunosa Town, make the town raised but still surrounded, only accessible by water.
    Soo... Sootopolis City but without the volcano?

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    It would be cool if we could start in like the center of the region and choose our order of gyms, which would change type/evolutions/number of pokemon depending on when they are challenged. Then for like story parts the professor or someone could call you up and be like, Hey I need your help come over to so and so.
    That would make the game way too difficult to actually make. If this were possible, that means that every gym leader would need 8 different teams, so the game would have had to be created with 64 gym leader rosters instead of the usual 8 (and that's not even including gym leader rematches, which are always a possibly). It would certainly be a cool experience, but I think that they'll be sticking to the usual set out progression through the region.

    Also, I can kind of see the Eiffel Tower as the setting of the big bad guy team confrontation instead of where you find a legendary. The legendaries are usually found in either natural places or natural-looking places, while the Eiffel Tower looks more metallic and structured.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

    Gallade.

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Serebii
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Soo... Sootopolis City but without the volcano?
    More like Cinnebar without the volcano, I'd think. Also, the images in the first post really have me thinking Europe. I think the architecture shown in them is really beautiful, and I hope the whole game is like that. Unless those are some of the highlights. I don't know, but so far, it's real pretty.


    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    That would make the game way too difficult to actually make. If this were possible, that means that every gym leader would need 8 different teams, so the game would have had to be created with 64 gym leader rosters instead of the usual 8 (and that's not even including gym leader rematches, which are always a possibly). It would certainly be a cool experience, but I think that they'll be sticking to the usual set out progression through the region.

    Also, I can kind of see the Eiffel Tower as the setting of the big bad guy team confrontation instead of where you find a legendary. The legendaries are usually found in either natural places or natural-looking places, while the Eiffel Tower looks more metallic and structured.
    Actually, BW2 had more then eight. It had like 16, plus 8 elite 4 and two champions. Because challenge mode.


  8. #383
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    More like Cinnebar without the volcano, I'd think. Also, the images in the first post really have me thinking Europe. I think the architecture shown in them is really beautiful, and I hope the whole game is like that. Unless those are some of the highlights. I don't know, but so far, it's real pretty.




    Actually, BW2 had more then eight. It had like 16, plus 8 elite 4 and two champions. Because challenge mode.
    And the pokemon world tournament too

    ~

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520

    Default

    I'm surprised to have seen pikachu standing on the Eiffel Tower when he talks about the new games. Could this mean a France based game is too hard to tell. I wouldn't think they would suddenly start using real world locations, but maybe they'd use realistic buildings that might be similar to real world things.

    Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest


    Complete!

    3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456




  10. #385
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    I'm surprised to have seen pikachu standing on the Eiffel Tower when he talks about the new games. Could this mean a France based game is too hard to tell. I wouldn't think they would suddenly start using real world locations, but maybe they'd use realistic buildings that might be similar to real world things.
    All the regions have been based off of real world locations.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  11. #386
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    All the regions have been based off of real world locations.
    Oh I never noticed that. Could you give me some examples?

    Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest


    Complete!

    3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456




  12. #387
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AAUS
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    Oh I never noticed that. Could you give me some examples?
    This is only part of it.. Read on.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

  13. #388
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Soo... Sootopolis City but without the volcano?
    Yes, since the volcano is a crucial geographical element for Sootopolis. However, maybe the city laying on a bed of sand instead of on water would be better.

    Don't crush my dreams yet.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hever View Post
    This is only part of it.. Read on.
    Wow I can't believe I never noticed any of this before now. So I suppose there's a very good chance to see many French based areas and structures in X and Y.

    Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest


    Complete!

    3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456




  15. #390
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    District 14 0_o
    Posts
    265

    Default

    I have a feeling it is based in Europe probably France since pikachu was on the Eiffel Tower and there are similar buildings in game to support that but you never no.

    I really hope they do region like dlc. Since ruby and sapphire weren't remade that could be the first one. Since hoenn was my favourite region, I would love to see it in 3-D

  16. #391
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    I'm a little confused about something.

    So the first four regions were implied (or at least assumed by the fandom) to be in the same country, aka a fictional Japan, yes? And because they kept referring to the 'faraway' region of Unova, I always assumed it was set in a whole different country aka fictional usa. So, um, are we now travelling to fictional europe for this new region? It just looks so much more westernised than the first 4 generations, much more like Unova.

    While on the one hand it is fun to have all these different cultures brought into pokemon aesthetically, it also seems a little sad to detract from its Japanese roots. Johto was probably my favourite region (from a visual perspective at least) because it was so darn Japanese, particularly Ecruteak City with its kimono girls, and all the ancient towers and ruins. Does anyone else miss that?
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  17. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AAUS
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    I really hope they do region like dlc. Since ruby and sapphire weren't remade that could be the first one. Since hoenn was my favourite region, I would love to see it in 3-D
    I was hoping GF would release a remake of 3rd gen first than creating a new one... but we got this eww-ness instead... I'm not as excited as I was when they released info for Gen 3 and 4...
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

  18. #393
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Maybe THIS region is where Fantina is from! O.o

  19. #394
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Actually, BW2 had more then eight. It had like 16, plus 8 elite 4 and two champions. Because challenge mode.
    I didn't count Elite 4 in my count, so you can't count it in yours. Either way, 64 gym teams is way more than 16. Plus even looking past pure numbers, if you could battle gym leaders in any order, that would almost mean you can visit the cities in any order, and that would either make the actual plot parts of the game ridiculous or there would need to be 8 different variations of the plot, which won't happen.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

    Gallade.

  20. #395
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    I hope some of the old pkmn get evos.I won't give any examples because everyone knows who>.>

    And Weavile needs Technician.And since we have Weavile in the game,I think there will be a cold,northern region of sorts.

    Also,the regional bird needs a different primary type

    Maybe Fantina is an E4^^

  21. #396
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I absolutely hope a location based off of Mont St. Michel is in-game. It's an old town on a beach surrounded by water and has a giant castle in the centre of it. It's now abandoned, but it would be really cool. Instead of making it like Lacunosa Town, make the town raised but still surrounded, only accessible by water.


    Would be possible if the region was like that:


    It is much more realistic than a country or continent sized area and it would permitt to have a coastmine while straying close enough from Paris.

  22. #397
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    I really hope they do region like dlc. Since ruby and sapphire weren't remade that could be the first one. Since hoenn was my favourite region, I would love to see it in 3-D
    Entire regions as DLC? No, that's too much. If we do get DLC, it'll probably be roughly the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  23. #398
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,557

    Default

    Rotate that thing completely and I can see it being the region.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  24. #399
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Hey, I was just thinking - what if a major post-game event or location is in London? Places like the Battle Frontier or the Battle Zone are almost always separated from the main region by a long distance of water that you have to go through by boat. London is close enough to France to be accessible from it, yet it has the large body of water in between that would make it an ideal location for a post-game activity.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

    Gallade.

  25. #400
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    Hey, I was just thinking - what if a major post-game event or location is in London? Places like the Battle Frontier or the Battle Zone are almost always separated from the main region by a long distance of water that you have to go through by boat. London is close enough to France to be accessible from it, yet it has the large body of water in between that would make it an ideal location for a post-game activity.
    Seems like a plausible idea. Would love seeing that! Imagine a battle tower or something, but instead of a tower it could be the Big Ben! But they might want to save London for another region entirely...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

Page 16 of 314 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •