Page 166 of 314 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Could be an ice type gym that uses a new pinky/purpley ice type pokemon as their main pokemon..

Could be a rock type gym and that is pinky/purpley crystal...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    I beg this is the fairy type gym. Look, pink and with a pokeball on it..
    Attachment 9258
    I don't know, that looks too... eerie to be Fairy-related. More probable to be Psychic.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    Sorry I was commenting on someone directly above me but got ninja'd. I should have quoted them. Someone had stated several types for gyms such as Dark that appear to have little or no expression on the maps. That's what I meant by physical features. And as for the Fairy type-Lot's of people also discussed a new "Light" type as well, which at least seems more plausible than Fairy, but that has mostly been dropped. In any case the likelihood of them adding any new types is extremely slim and I don't believe it will happen.
    I don't mean to get all b*tchy about this, but what type do you think Sylveon is? A new type seems to be on it's way, yes because of this one pokemon- they have been VERY ambiguous about it from the beginning; I think it would be crazy to build all this hype for a known type. Even if they are waiting on the movie to come to have it's type unveiled I think it would be crazy for them to suddenly go 'it's this type that's been here all along! Even though ALL existing types theories are shaky in someway- AND we've given it a highly ambiguous name that has no concrete link to any specific type that matches it's design- we are GAME-A-FREAK-A ULTIMATE TT-RROLLS '(slightly ((highly)) racist impression of a Japanese person, sorry))

I know it is one pokemon, but it is just mind boggling! (Please don't say Normal type, I'll freak out :P)

As for the purple stone as a Fairy Gym (someone else said) I have this hunch it is a Psychic type one :P I don't know why- just random. It could be Fairy though.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Looks Psychic to me. And it's almost certainly the gym from the sparkly gym screenshot.
    In fact that sparkly gym recalls the dimension that sylveon evokes in the short movie with stars etc ..

I think that purple hand thing is the gym with the same gym as this one:

[IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/2zgvhb5.jpg[/IMG]

And yeah, I think it's Psychic.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

And Sylveon is probably a Ghost, not fairy. I find it hard to believe that they would introduce a new type and apply it to an Eeveelution before other current types had been tried. And the stars produced by Sylveon are part of the Confuse Ray attack.

And Sylveon is probably a Ghost, not fairy. I find it hard to believe that they would introduce a new type and apply it to an Eeveelution before other current types had been tried. And the stars produced by Sylveon are part of the Confuse Ray attack.
    It isn't "probably" anything by this point.

(by the way, don't: that's what they did back in Gen II, introduced Dark-type and made a Dark-type Eeveelution, when there were tons of unused Gen I types)

Of course it is. It's clearly either Ghost or Flying. I will retype the definition of a "sylph" (which I did several weeks ago on the Dex forum). "Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air." (This is from Wikipedia, but Wiki haters are welcome to Google a different definition). Sylveon is either Ghost or Flying.

When dark was introduced there were other 12 types before Umbreon to be used then.. I'm quite sure it's Sylveon's type gym and I'm quite sure it's fairy. Look at this.:
    Fairy gym.jpg

I have to say, Sylveon as a Ghost type would be a massive stretch- it's name could relate to spiritual beings, but I personally don't see any hint of Ghost type in it's design. Even if it possibly has Confuse Ray, it isn't very good evidence for it's typing- Confuse Ray is quite a common move on a multitude of types.

Not to sound a d*ck, but you sound a little bit in denial man :P
    -----

It looks like the Purple stone building comes straight out of the water- I can't see any bridge- do you think you have to be levitated there?
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

When dark was introduced there were other 12 types before Umbreon to be used then.. I'm quite sure it's Sylveon's type gym and I'm quite sure it's fairy. Look at this.:
    Fairy gym.jpg
    Stars aren't specific to Slyveon and Fairy types, they could be used to represent Psychic as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Of course it is. It's clearly either Ghost or Flying. I will retype the definition of a "sylph" (which I did several weeks ago on the Dex forum). "Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air." (This is from Wikipedia, but Wiki haters are welcome to Google a different definition). Sylveon is either Ghost or Flying.
    You can't just copy bits and ignor other to prove a theory, from the same quite small Wikipedia page;

Fairy link
    Because of their association with the ballet La Sylphide, where sylphs are identified with fairies and the medieval legends of fairyland, as well as a confusion with other "airy spirits" (e.g., in William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream), a slender girl may be referred to as a sylph.
    Sylph has passed into general language as a term for minor spirits, elementals, or faeries of the air. Fantasy authors will sometimes employ sylphs in their fiction. Sylphs could create giant artistic clouds in the skies with their airy wings.[1]

Quite unmissable. Also I would try looking into the name origins for all of slyveon's names.

On topic of region, I have a feeling that Carnac may be where we get a proper introduction to fairy types.
    Last edited by WNDR; 20th May 2013 at 11:18 PM.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    I have to say, Sylveon as a Ghost type would be a massive stretch- it's name could relate to spiritual beings, but I personally don't see any hint of Ghost type in it's design. Even if it possibly has Confuse Ray, it isn't very good evidence for it's typing- Confuse Ray is quite a common move on a multitude of types.

Not to sound a d*ck, but you sound a little bit in denial man :P
    -----

It looks like the Purple stone building comes straight out of the water- I can't see any bridge- do you think you have to be levitated there?
    I don't understand how I could be in denial when I'm supporting the established system and you are claiming that a rumor is about to change the system. If it were confirmed by someone from Gamefreak or Nintendo or whatever that would be one thing but plenty of rumored types such as Light and Cosmic have come out. Fairy is currently the flavor of the week for rumored types.
    In any case sylphs are WIND SPIRITS. Since I do not believe in the Fairy nonsense spirit would be taken as Ghost. Clearly it's not a very scary ghost but neither was, say, Frillish. And your levitation comment also supports ghosts, although I do believe it's a Psychic gym. Wind spirit=Flying/Ghost.

You must have a lot of inside information on X and Y, my friend, since Sylveon's type is only clear to you.

I know exactly what a sylph is, I was one of the first to bring the meaning here to this thread. And I was a strong defender of the Flying-type for it, but I'm not sure anymore.

But of course, I don't have the privileged info you seem to have.

In any case sylphs are WIND SPIRITS.
    It seems you don't know, but the English name isn't the only one that exists — and it's the only one that references the sylph, all the others opting for nymph or fairy.

Glaceon and Leafeon in gen 4 had not all this attention.. We discovered of their existence when the games were out.. There's never be a single eeveelution introduced in a new generation (sylveon is probably the only one, if there's another why not to put it in its "family" short movie?), there's never be a eeveeloution whose appearance or name cannot be easly traced to its particular type. There's never been so much mystery about an eeveelution in general. If GF is keeping secret its type for so long and dedicating it a short movie this probably mean Sylveon is a new type. And if this is the case Fairy is That type (because of the rumours, the leaks, the pink, the sylph etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Stars aren't specific to Slyveon and Fairy types, they could be used to represent Psychic as well.
    You are right, but we already have Espeon. Stars are related to psychic and normal..and fairy.

In fact that sparkly gym recalls the dimension that sylveon evokes in the short movie with stars etc ..
    Hmm, that is a good shout actually man could be, could be Though potentially it might not the interior of the pink crystal building. I'm not just trying to just be contrary mate :P

Yeah, nice definition of Sylph given there, really hammers home Flying type- now do it for the other language names mate :P Flying type is a stretch from Nymph and Fee; not absolutely crazy one with Fee, but they could certainly have been more assertive with it's type, as is the case with basically every other Eeveelution in every other language; whereas 'nymph' does not carry any immediate connotations in the way that leaf, glacier, ESP, vapor etc. do. The common denominator with Sylveon's names is Fairy (I'm well aware of what nymphs actually are btw)- trying to get to somewhere else seems kind of wishful.

I thought Flying for a while- I was convinced, I tried to stretch out its other language names to fit, but Fairy explained so much more :P

Oh, I think that Fairy types will appear strangely- like maybe only in certain areas at certain times of day- making them reasonably hard to find compared to other types through the region.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    it's the only one that references the sylph, all the others opting for nymph or fairy.
    I am perfectly aware that other languages have different versions, but I appreciate your concern about my knowledge. Regardless of the translation it comes out to be a small mythological spirit. Spirits=Ghost. My own vision tells me that Sylveon is light and wispy looking. I suppose you can agree with that yes? Can it be Water, Electric, Fire, Dark, Psychic, Grass, or Ice? No, because those types are used. Is Rock, Ground, Fighting, Bug, Steel, Dragon, or Poison plausible? I don't think so. Normal yes but that would ruin the purpose of Eevee. So that leaves Ghost, Flying, or one of several unsubstantiated "new types." I personally think it would be more avian if it were Flying, and I don't think the rumors will be revealed as true, so I believe it is Ghost. I apologize if my opinion on the type is problematic to you.

The common denominator with Sylveon's names is Fairy (I'm well aware of what nymphs actually are btw)
    Well, to be fair, nymphs are basically the Greek Mythology counterparts to the fairies.

I am perfectly aware that other languages have different versions, but I appreciate your concern about my knowledge. Regardless of the translation it comes out to be a small mythological spirit. Spirits=Ghost. My own vision tells me that Sylveon is light and wispy looking. I suppose you can agree with that yes? Can it be Water, Electric, Fire, Dark, Psychic, Grass, or Ice? No, because those types are used. Is Rock, Ground, Fighting, Bug, Steel, Dragon, or Poison plausible? I don't think so. Normal yes but that would ruin the purpose of Eevee. So that leaves Ghost, Flying, or one of several unsubstantiated "new types." I personally think it would be more avian if it were Flying, and I don't think the rumors will be revealed as true, so I believe it is Ghost. I apologize if my opinion on the type is problematic to you.
    Not at all, what bugs me is how you treat it as fact and refute everyone else's as if yours was better.

As a matter of fact, I never really liked the idea of new types (anyone who has seen my posts here in the past few months knows that), so, if I'm defending that I think it will happen, it's not because I like or want it to happen, it's simply because I do think this time the evidence points to a new type being introduced. I'm not a big supporter at all, but I do think we'll end up getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    You can't just copy bits and ignor other to prove a theory, from the same quite small Wikipedia page;

Fairy link
    Because of their association with the ballet La Sylphide, where sylphs are identified with fairies and the medieval legends of fairyland, as well as a confusion with other "airy spirits" (e.g., in William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream), a slender girl may be referred to as a sylph.
    Sylph has passed into general language as a term for minor spirits, elementals, or faeries of the air. Fantasy authors will sometimes employ sylphs in their fiction. Sylphs could create giant artistic clouds in the skies with their airy wings.[1]

Quite unmissable. Also I would try looking into the name origins for all of slyveon's names.

On topic of region, I have a feeling that Carnac may be where we get a proper introduction to fairy types.
    I agree with this dude. Carnac the place with the stones? To the West- YES! That is what I thought :P It could be explained as a mysterious place that people believe appeared as a result of the activity of Fairy types perhaps. Jus' speculatin'
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Hmm, that is a good shout actually man could be, could be Though potentially it might not the interior of the pink crystal building. I'm not just trying to just be contrary mate :P

Yeah, nice definition of Sylph given there, really hammers home Flying type- now do it for the other language names mate :P Flying type is a stretch from Nymph and Fee; not absolutely crazy one with Fee, but they could certainly have been more assertive with it's type, as is the case with basically every other Eeveelution in every other language; whereas 'nymph' does not carry any immediate connotations in the way that leaf, glacier, ESP, vapor etc. do. The common denominator with Sylveon's names is Fairy (I'm well aware of what nymphs actually are btw)- trying to get to somewhere else seems kind of wishful.

I thought Flying for a while- I was convinced, I tried to stretch out its other language names to fit, but Fairy explained so much more :P

Oh, I think that Fairy types will appear strangely- like maybe only in certain areas at certain times of day- making them reasonably hard to find compared to other types through the region.
    A Nymph is a mythological creature, like dragons. I know people claim about flying. But that means nothing. If they wanted to suggest wind and air they would have found something different, more evident, like for the others (leaves, fire, ice, gills etc. so ---> wing, clouds etc.). Nymphs are first of all fairies and fairies levitate or fly. A lot of dragons can fly or levitate, but just three of them are part flying. Here is the same thing, but you can recognize a flying dragon from a bird when you see one and I can can recognize Sylveon from a sparrow.

What is it that I treat as fact? I stated that Sylveon had to be either Ghost or Flying. It is not reasonable to think of it as a type such as Rock. Therefore I judged it to be one of those two types (my guess Ghost) based on the current information we have stating that there are 17 types and Fairy is not one of them. If anything the people claiming Fairy typing to be a fact are the arrogant ones seeing as their information is based on unproven rumors.

What is it that I treat as fact? I stated that Sylveon had to be either Ghost or Flying. It is not reasonable to think of it as a type such as Rock. Therefore I judged it to be one of those two types (my guess Ghost) based on the current information we have stating that there are 17 types and Fairy is not one of them. If anything the people claiming Fairy typing to be a fact are the arrogant ones seeing as their information is based on unproven rumors.
    No, I mean how you initially claimed it's clearly Ghost and that's it, and its move is obviously Ghost-type too.

Please find a so sweet pinkish bright ghost on four legs in past generations..

is ghost weak to fighting strong to ice and weak to poison? last time i checked no. and then why hide the type for so long? if its a normal pokemon ( legendays make sense but slyveon has been shrouded in to much mystery for a normal pokemon) if it was a type we already knew why wouldn't game freak say "slyveon is so and so type" instead of "its a mystery stay tuned to find out" there would be no need to hide it
    's type unless it was something ground breaking ( like a new type)
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Page 166 of 314 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast