Page 213 of 314 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #5301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm guessing that southern area covered by clouds is post game. Question is, how do you get there? West from Vaniville?
    Well, when the Unova map was first revealed the areas that were clouded out actually turned out to be main game areas, with several of the visible areas turning out to be post-game stuff. Not disagreeing with you, just sayin'.

  2. #5302
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ankara, Turkey
    Posts
    555

    Default

    I know this is not going to happen, but it would be cool if after the league we could go to an island region like the Sevii Islands, but this time they have 4 gyms like the Orange Islands and that you have to do different challenges to get the badge, and then you battle the leader when you get all of the badges. I'd enjoy it.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #5303
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,584

    Default

    I'd could see something happening post game after the league with places like Sevii Islands, not them exactly but places like them, like how they had the Battle Zone and Stark Mountain after Sinnoh's main story. I would not count on Orange Island style badges though.

    I am waiting for the game that gives you the option to pursue a battle quest besides Gyms and Leagues. Hey, we got customization this generation so I guy can dream right?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  4. #5304
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    I know this is not going to happen, but it would be cool if after the league we could go to an island region like the Sevii Islands, but this time they have 4 gyms like the Orange Islands and that you have to do different challenges to get the badge, and then you battle the leader when you get all of the badges. I'd enjoy it.
    The only island I can see is one based off from Corsica, so I guess we will have a new battle zone there or something new and special?
    My 3DS games:

    - Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

  5. #5305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'd could see something happening post game after the league with places like Sevii Islands, not them exactly but places like them, like how they had the Battle Zone and Stark Mountain after Sinnoh's main story. I would not count on Orange Island style badges though.
    I already mentioned it, but it would be cool if there were Battle facilities dispersed throughout the different post-game areas. Each island could have a different Battle facility.

    I am waiting for the game that gives you the option to pursue a battle quest besides Gyms and Leagues. Hey, we got customization this generation so I guy can dream right?
    One of the rewards for completing 21 or 49 battles in a row could be more customization options. You earn BP after participating anyway, so I actually wouldn't be surprised if there were clothing options that you could purchase for BP.



  6. #5306
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,861

    Default

    I'd much rather the reward for winning on the Battle Subway or whatever be clothes instead of new battle options. That way, suckish people won't complain about not having access to those battle options, while there's still a tangible bragging rights reward for those of who complete it.

  7. #5307
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16

    Default

    It would be amazing if Contests could a big return the scene. This could be the game where you get the ability to participate in Contests held throughout the Kalos region and get ribbons if you win and after you have won all five ribbons, you get to enter the Grand Festival much like the anime. If you don't want to do Contests then you can do things like go to islands and participate in in-game tournaments.

  8. #5308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'd much rather the reward for winning on the Battle Subway or whatever be clothes instead of new battle options. That way, suckish people won't complain about not having access to those battle options, while there's still a tangible bragging rights reward for those of who complete it.
    New battle options? Do you mean the Super Singles and Super Doubles subway lines? If so, then yeah, they're just harder versions of the regular Singles and regular Doubles lines; they don't bring anything new. I liked Platinum's Battle Frontier because each of the three facilities that weren't in Emerald immersed you in these different types of battling, each with their own twists.



  9. #5309
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post
    Well, when the Unova map was first revealed the areas that were clouded out actually turned out to be main game areas, with several of the visible areas turning out to be post-game stuff. Not disagreeing with you, just sayin'.
    They do typically hide plot specific areas, but I think the snowy mountain in the northeast is more likely to be a plot area, not the area to the south. The fact that the bottom of the mountain is easily accessible lends more credence to this theory, as opposed to the south which has no clear path leading towards it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  10. #5310
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atara85 View Post
    It would be amazing if Contests could a big return the scene. This could be the game where you get the ability to participate in Contests held throughout the Kalos region and get ribbons if you win and after you have won all five ribbons, you get to enter the Grand Festival much like the anime. If you don't want to do Contests then you can do things like go to islands and participate in in-game tournaments.
    This is something I really want. I like the idea of a Grand Festival more than the different ranks of contests. Give us a Ribbon Case but let the same ribbon be put onto the Pokémon too. However, if Contests come back at all I will be happy.

    An island-based in-game tournament would be cool. Could be something like a Battle Frontier and each Frontier Brain controls an island and you have to transverse the entire island and do tasks before you can battle the Brain. Like on one island there could be huts were you either: answer a series of questions, get healed, battle, or get a status condition. If you pass the hut you can get a key, which all unlock a door at the end and after so many times of doing it you battle the Brain.

  11. #5311
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    I know this is not going to happen, but it would be cool if after the league we could go to an island region like the Sevii Islands, but this time they have 4 gyms like the Orange Islands and that you have to do different challenges to get the badge, and then you battle the leader when you get all of the badges. I'd enjoy it.
    I would like something like that

  12. #5312
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    This is something I really want. I like the idea of a Grand Festival more than the different ranks of contests. Give us a Ribbon Case but let the same ribbon be put onto the Pokémon too. However, if Contests come back at all I will be happy.

    An island-based in-game tournament would be cool. Could be something like a Battle Frontier and each Frontier Brain controls an island and you have to transverse the entire island and do tasks before you can battle the Brain. Like on one island there could be huts were you either: answer a series of questions, get healed, battle, or get a status condition. If you pass the hut you can get a key, which all unlock a door at the end and after so many times of doing it you battle the Brain.
    Yes. This so much. I love this (the Contest and Battle Facility).

    I don't think they'll implement it though, sadly.

  13. #5313
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    This is something I really want. I like the idea of a Grand Festival more than the different ranks of contests. Give us a Ribbon Case but let the same ribbon be put onto the Pokémon too. However, if Contests come back at all I will be happy.

    An island-based in-game tournament would be cool. Could be something like a Battle Frontier and each Frontier Brain controls an island and you have to transverse the entire island and do tasks before you can battle the Brain. Like on one island there could be huts were you either: answer a series of questions, get healed, battle, or get a status condition. If you pass the hut you can get a key, which all unlock a door at the end and after so many times of doing it you battle the Brain.
    now that...that would be cool. if contests were more like the anime style then i would be a lot more interested. for the battle frontier idea there doesn't appear to be islands large enough to hold something like you suggested, but that doesn't mean they can't incorporate it in another way.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

  14. #5314
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Writing this story of mine
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    This is something I really want. I like the idea of a Grand Festival more than the different ranks of contests. Give us a Ribbon Case but let the same ribbon be put onto the Pokémon too. However, if Contests come back at all I will be happy.

    An island-based in-game tournament would be cool. Could be something like a Battle Frontier and each Frontier Brain controls an island and you have to transverse the entire island and do tasks before you can battle the Brain. Like on one island there could be huts were you either: answer a series of questions, get healed, battle, or get a status condition. If you pass the hut you can get a key, which all unlock a door at the end and after so many times of doing it you battle the Brain.
    That would be amazing. Both of those things would be amazing.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

    [Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

  15. #5315
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    now that...that would be cool. if contests were more like the anime style then i would be a lot more interested. for the battle frontier idea there doesn't appear to be islands large enough to hold something like you suggested, but that doesn't mean they can't incorporate it in another way.
    Cloud covered areas in the ocean? It makes you assume it's post-game which is where a Battle Frontier would be located. I also think Lumiose City would be a great place for a Grand Festival, of sorts, to be located.

  16. #5316
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,584

    Default

    I had no idea Contest were so popular. Or the Grand Festival...which by Pokemon game canon, doesn't exist.

    While I'm not itching for Contest to make a return I would love a new Battle Frontier on some islands near Kalos, once the main game plot is over and junk. The Battle Frontier is such a fun gimmick, I was disappointed Gen 5 didn't really have one. I hope Kalos revives them with new rules and stuff.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  17. #5317
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Cloud covered areas in the ocean? It makes you assume it's post-game which is where a Battle Frontier would be located. I also think Lumiose City would be a great place for a Grand Festival, of sorts, to be located.
    hadn't thought about the clouds, but i guess if they were to incorporate it they would probably hide it until closer to the release. also, lumoise city would be a good area for the grand festival and i have to admit France is famous for fashion and contests are about appeal, so the two things do go together quite nicely.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

  18. #5318
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    now that...that would be cool. if contests were more like the anime style then i would be a lot more interested. for the battle frontier idea there doesn't appear to be islands large enough to hold something like you suggested, but that doesn't mean they can't incorporate it in another way.
    Yeah, they also need to add battling for the final round of contests.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

    Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

  19. #5319
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    592

    Default

    If there are gonna be catacombs beneath Lumiose or another city what would you want to see?

    - Very long and scary corridors with walls of cubone, marowak, deskul +evo's skeletons?
    - Zubat's & Golbats, Crobat only rare in a giant hall or something
    - Torches on the wall
    - Spiritomb stones here and there
    - Eyes looking at you through the shadows
    - Scary trainers like from the lavender tower, channelers and thief's? Priests? Police?
    - Braille or code puzzles, or puzzles like from the unown caves or something new
    - Hidden passages
    - A scared Looker who lost his ways in the catacombs, he is there for a couple of weeks. He has a beard now and is eating rattata's who he grill's with the torches...

    Any ideas?
    My 3DS games:

    - Mario Kart 7 (2011)
    - Resident Evil: Revelations (2011)
    - Super Mario 3D Land (2011)
    - Bravely Default (2012)
    - Fifa 13 (2012)
    - Fire Emblem: Awakening (2012)
    - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (2013)
    - Pokémon Y (2013)
    - Steel Diver: Sub Wars (2014)

  20. #5320
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    If there are gonna be catacombs beneath Lumiose or another city what would you want to see?

    - Very long and scary corridors with walls of cubone, marowak, deskul +evo's skeletons?
    - Zubat's & Golbats, Crobat only rare in a giant hall or something
    - Torches on the wall
    - Spiritomb stones here and there
    - Eyes looking at you through the shadows
    - Scary trainers like from the lavender tower, channelers and thief's? Priests? Police?
    - Braille or code puzzles, or puzzles like from the unown caves or something new
    - Hidden passages
    - A scared Looker who lost his ways in the catacombs, he is there for a couple of weeks. He has a beard now and is eating rattata's who he grill's with the torches...

    Any ideas?
    Perfect! As long as there is absolutely no creepy music like Lavender Town/ Pokemon Tower.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

    Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

  21. #5321
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    Perfect! As long as there is absolutely no creepy music like Lavender Town/ Pokemon Tower.
    What about silence? Dead silence. But every now and then you hear your name being whispered, but when you look, nothing is there.

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  22. #5322
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    What about silence? Dead silence. But every now and then you hear your name being whispered, but when you look, nothing is there.
    Apparently the music is supposed to be different this time round? Perhaps less digitized and more organic instrumental music, if that is the case then I do dread the 'scary' area =S the music in Old Chateau really creeped me out- it was like 1am an everyone else was asleep when I was there once, when I found out about the 'ghosts' in there too :S creepy...
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

    Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites


  23. #5323
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Apparently the music is supposed to be different this time round? Perhaps less digitized and more organic instrumental music, if that is the case then I do dread the 'scary' area =S the music in Old Chateau really creeped me out- it was like 1am an everyone else was asleep when I was there once, when I found out about the 'ghosts' in there too :S creepy...
    Organ music? Oh crap. The piano is playing a creepy tune with violins in the background....

    Oh God...
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

    Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

  24. #5324
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    What about silence? Dead silence. But every now and then you hear your name being whispered, but when you look, nothing is there.
    Nice! And just a faint wind blowing...

    I wish it were possible, but everyone picks a different name, so that can't obviously be a choice.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

    Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

  25. #5325
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    What about silence? Dead silence. But every now and then you hear your name being whispered, but when you look, nothing is there.
    Instead of a whisper just have a really high pitched scream xD
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



Page 213 of 314 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •