Page 216 of 314 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Didn't YPR# not say putting a little too much thought into this?

And yeah the rumor mentioned Fairy.
    Was kinda joke, 'cause yah, just Pansy init.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Was kinda joke, 'cause yah, just Pansy init.

But meh, maybe GF is weaning off of Type-based names. I mean Viola relates more to Grass-Type than Bug-Type.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    But meh, maybe GF is weaning off of Type-based names. I mean Viola relates more to Grass-Type than Bug-Type.
    True yah- the pun names can be well cringey too =S
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Electric type gyms so far have been pretty versatile, to a Trash Can puzzle, to a semi-maze with parts you had to twist and turn, and then a rollercoaster, and most recently, a cat walk.
    The roller coaster and cat walk aren't puzzles. The roller coaster is just a flashy way of getting the player from one place to another; the switches don't count since they're just on the way anyway. The cat walk is just a singular path up with trainers blocking the way, which isn't a puzzle, either.

I'm hoping for some real gym puzzles. The web puzzle in the first gym looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    The roller coaster and cat walk aren't puzzles. The roller coaster is just a flashy way of getting the player from one place to another; the switches don't count since they're just on the way anyway. The cat walk is just a singular path up with trainers blocking the way, which isn't a puzzle, either.

I'm hoping for some real gym puzzles. The web puzzle in the first gym looks promising.
    Should've said Gym Designs

But yeah. Unova was disappointing with puzzles. I'm curious about the web puzzle.

Should've said Gym Designs

But yeah. Unova was disappointing with puzzles. I'm curious about the web puzzle.
    I don't quite see a puzzle on it. It may be just me, but it appears that the water droplets just fall off when you walk over them.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    I don't quite see a puzzle on it. It may be just me, but it appears that the water droplets just fall off when you walk over them.
    Maybe you have to walk in a way to make all the droplets fall before facing the leader?
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Maybe you have to walk in a way to make all the droplets fall before facing the leader?
    I can't really see it... Maybe because the droplets are making the web too heavy?

But we did see Calem falling onto a web in the first trailer(?). So maybe you need to navigate through many webs?
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Well viola and pansy are well known French names for girls

___

The web puzzle in viola's gym
    Seem to be simple enough,
    I love how you bounce and you can even see the girls hair go up as she falls

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I love how you bounce and you can even see the girls hair go up as she falls
    Yeah, me too. I like how the graphic designers added all these little things to the graphics that make them all the more appealing.

Anyone up for puzzles before facing each Elite Four member?

Yeah, me too. I like how the graphic designers added all these little things to the graphics that make them all the more appealing.

Anyone up for puzzles before facing each Elite Four member?
    Yeah I'm very happy with all the small details

And I'm not big on puzzles before the elite4 me members
    I'd rather them have it as dramatic as possible

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

What are your guys' ideas on possibly having Battle facility streaks open up new areas? A guard could stand in front of each area and say something like, "I must see that you have proven your skill and strength as a trainer before I can let you through!" Considering that not too many people take advantage of Battle facilities at all, I think this would be a somewhat good way to motivate people to use those Battle facilities and explore more of the region.

And to make it so that they wouldn't be almost downright impossible to unlock, maybe they would only require a 21-battle streak or something so that players who have extremely bad luck and lose on the 48th battle don't have to start all over in frustration.

What are your guys' ideas on possibly having Battle facility streaks open up new areas? A guard could stand in front of each area and say something like, "I must see that you have proven your skill and strength as a trainer before I can let you through!" Considering that not too many people take advantage of Battle facilities at all, I think this would be a somewhat good way to motivate people to use those Battle facilities and explore more of the region.

And to make it so that they wouldn't be almost downright impossible to unlock, maybe they would only require a 21-battle streak or something so that players who have extremely bad luck and lose on the 48th battle don't have to start all over in frustration.
    mmmm, no, I don't really see that happening. They'd be forcing you to use something that is normally a post-game option .
    Speaking of Battle facilities, how woul you guys like to see a Battle Frontier like Emerald's again?

What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Really? Because I'm thinking she'll possibly have a kricketot/kricketune - being violin beetles. Her name is Viola, like the musical instrument - not Violet like the flower.

mmmm, no, I don't really see that happening. They'd be forcing you to use something that is normally a post-game option .
    Speaking of Battle facilities, how woul you guys like to see a Battle Frontier like Emerald's again?
    What I was suggesting would make it so that players are encouraged to try as many post-game options as they can, rather than not trying certain ones at all otherwise.

I was a big fan of the Battle Frontier in Platinum and HG/SS, so I'd especially like to see the Arcade, Castle, and Hall return, if anything.

Just wanna point out that Viola is a type of Butterfly.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Yes because a name that relates to butterfly's relates to grass types.

Aggrons my favorite Pokemon if you couldn't tell.

Spoiler:- Fan Art by Ruth-Tay [url:

3DS friend code: 2148-8147-1931

Quote Originally Posted by Coller23 View Post
    Yes because a name that relates to butterfly's relates to grass types.
    Welll, Viola is the genus of plants which contains violets and pansies...
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

YES!! i would love it
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

IMO, Hoenn's Battle Frontier was simply the best post-game facility we ever had. Then the PWT.
    I would really like a Frontier as huge (or even bigger) to be present at Kalos.

Gen 4's Frontier was okay, but it was missing something that I couldn't explain.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    IMO, Hoenn's Battle Frontier was simply the best post-game facility we ever had. Then the PWT.

Gen 4's Frontier was okay, but it was missing something that I couldn't explain.
    Hoenn's Battle Frontier was one of- if not THE- reason I loved Emerald so much. Gen IV probably felt lacking cuz
    1- Fewer battle facilities, and you just couldn't get that much into it as Hoenn's
    2- Hoenn's felt like... I dunno. Something about it made me feel just so darn proud (pro'lly the music), and I could just get lost in the place (And lose track of time cuz it was so fun battling. "Oh, I'll only do 1 tourney in the Battle Dome. *7 hours later* WHY CANT I BEAT TUCKER!!!!!")

I loved Hoenn's Battle Frontier, the Brains weren't forgettable unlike most of the Sinnoh FB's, especially the Battle Palace where you don't choose the moves at all which adds to the challenge. BUT my favorite Brain is still Dahlia nothingless with Lucy and Brandon as close seconds. I'm interested too see what kind of new gimmicks they could put.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    I loved Hoenn's Battle Frontier, the Brains weren't forgettable unlike most of the Sinnoh FB's, especially the Battle Palace where you don't choose the moves at all which adds to the challenge. BUT my favorite Brain is still Dahlia nothingless with Lucy and Brandon as close seconds. I'm interested too see what kind of new gimmicks they could put.
    Maybe the could do a Battle Colliseum where you choose 1 Pokemon and keep fighting opponents that are weaker than you (without healing) and they progressively get stronger. Based on each battle and your performance, the audience picks out gifts to give you (like healing, start off with X Speed activated, crit hit ratio X2, etc.) You know, like how they didn't kill off popular gladiators that the audience liked in Roman times? Or, to put a more recent example, like the Hunger Games.

Though we'll probably only see this in an Italy-based region, but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

Probably because Emerald's Battle Frontier has:

-Larger, more explorable location than most battle facilities
    -Several Pokemon to obtain (Sudowoodo, Smeargle, and Meowth)
    -More natural and innovative battle gimmicks in the facilities

It's definitely the best one we've had so far, I'd like to see more like it.

21 is still too unreasonable, if they want to do something like this, it should be more like 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

What if Monaco was the inspiration for a potential Battle Frontier?

Page 216 of 314 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast