Page 263 of 314 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I am with you all the way on that. They are nothing but frustrating things to catch. 2-4 or three are all right, but if every legend were a fleeing legend, I would hate it.
    I didn't mind the fleeing dogs in G/S but anything past that was irritating.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I am with you all the way on that. They are nothing but frustrating things to catch. 2-4 or three are all right, but if every legend were a fleeing legend, I would hate it.
    Yeah I hate it too, made it difficult to get the genie trio for my pokedex completion, it was either deal with roamers, pay 3 bucks, or try to find a good deal on the gts, all very difficult things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't think anybody actually likes fleeing Legendaries.
    I find them to be an interesting challenge, but I agree that they shouldn't be too overdone. Platinum and HGSS went overboard with it, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It depends on how the region is laid out, I think; if Lumiose is the only real "intersection"-type city, it'll be a lot harder to find a roamer than it would be in, say, Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

I think it'll be nice if there aren't anymore roaming Pokemon. I like the differences in the various landscapes featured in the pictures. From the pictures it seems that this new region will be based on Europe. I kinda hope that they will include some areas based on northern Africa (like the Nile delta combined with deserts dotted with oasis) and some middle-eastern architecture for added depth and variability.

I'm also wondering if they will expand the version differences between X and Y. The 5th generation of games only had a few minor differences with the largest being black city/white forest, so why not make the X version have a soft, verdant environment and undertones while giving Y a starker, bleaker environment similar to a war-torn area?
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    It depends on how the region is laid out, I think; if Lumiose is the only real "intersection"-type city, it'll be a lot harder to find a roamer than it would be in, say, Sinnoh.
    That would explain why in BW1 Tornadus/Thundurus stuck with only half of the region at any given time.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I actually like catching roaming pokemon. Sure, it takes a lot of work, but it makes me very happy once I catch it. I like the challenge of catching pokemon ^_^
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Roaming Pokemon are fine. What isn't fine is catching Feebas in RSE.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Oh god yeah, Feebas was practically master ball worthy.
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

Finding Feebas was really testing my patience. I think I spent 1-2 hours looking for one in Platinum before I used the Poke-etch to track my battles and such. But if Feebas shows up again in this game, I feel like it will either be found in specific types as before or it will appear in bubbling water like in Unova. I feel like it will be the later.
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Ya know what's not fine?

Safari Zones.

Amirite, or amirite?

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Oh god yeah, Feebas was practically master ball worthy.
    Aw, definitely not Master Ball worthy, but I know what you mean. It's a simple catch...if you can find it, but otherwise, it's annoying.

Ya know what's not fine?

Safari Zones.

Amirite, or amirite?
    You know what else isn't fine? Chansey in the Safari Zone. Or shiny Pokemon in the Safari Zone.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Ya know what's not fine?

Safari Zones.

Amirite, or amirite?
    Safari Zones are a great addition for optional areas. It is also useful for post-game National Dex Pokemon.
    What isn't fine, for me at least, was Johto's implementation of the mechanic.

A classic safari feel would've been great.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Ya know what's not fine?

Safari Zones.

Amirite, or amirite?
    But I like Safari Zones... They make completing the dex easier instead of having to spend hours trading with friends...

Good thing they probably won't do the random spot thing anymore, it'll probably be catchable through rippling water or some similar new capture mechanic.

Worst mechanic ever.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If we do get another Safari Zone, here is one point of advice to the Developers:

Let me use Regular Pokeballs instead of Safari Balls. I like all my Pokemon in the same Pokeball, I hate the Safari Ball.

What's your opinion of the Safari Zone system for HGSS with the blocks and customization for areas? I liked that you could change the areas, but I didn't like how certain pokemon had waiting time periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    If we do get another Safari Zone, here is one point of advice to the Developers:

Let me use Regular Pokeballs instead of Safari Balls. I like all my Pokemon in the same Pokeball, I hate the Safari Ball.
    That's part of the point of the Safari Zone, you're renting time and Pokeballs from them.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    What's your opinion of the Safari Zone system for HGSS with the blocks and customization for areas? I liked that you could change the areas, but I didn't like how certain pokemon had waiting time periods.
    I think the customization was pretty cool, but never used because of the second item you mentioned. Too much waiting involved.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Not a huge fan of the Safari Zone in general,but the fact that there was waiting times made some sense. Otherwise you could manipulate the encounters with a simple change of objects. The wait times themselves were absolutely insane, though, and if the HG/SS approach were to be taken again, I won't mind, as long the wait times aren't absurd.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I didn't even touch the place. I was a bit younger, and it didn't make too much sense. I like the idea of different Zones, like Snow, Desert, Ocean, Grass, Sky, Swamp, and some others. It would be helpful for the National Dex, and you can unlock more Zones with certain Achievements.

Shorten the wait periods to no longer than 30 days (anything past that is ridiculous), and then you've got a solid Safari Zone design.

i would like roaming pokes but only 1 or 2 which would be versions exclusives. A trio i feel like it's too much. BW got it right.

feebas is a royal pain to catch AND evolve. In gen 4 it's not that bad since you got 4 spots only but the place where you find them is so much smaller in comparison to gen 3. Bagon is another of these examples, only in that area you could catch them. I say no area-restrictioned pokemon.

Safari zone was great in gen 1 but since then it decreased in quality. Gen 3 was alright with the small bother of restricted areas to specific bikes. Gen 4 was terrible. Just terrible. HGSS's one was IMO a waste of time. It should be a throwback to the first one but that "costumization" so that specific pokemon could appear, oh geez, what a bad idea. I just wanted a large area to explore and find pokemon that are not common/not available in kalos.
    Smash bros for the 3ds will be my life.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

The wait periods are ridiculous no matter what. How about a permanent Safari Zone with Pokemon that change daily and by time of day (not necessarily a completely new set every day, just a couple of changes per day/time)?

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    feebas is a royal pain to catch AND evolve. In gen 4 it's not that bad since you got 4 spots only but the place where you find them is so much smaller in comparison to gen 3. Bagon is another of these examples, only in that area you could catch them. I say no area-restrictioned pokemon.
    Bagon wasn't hard to find/catch though provided you had Surf/Waterfall.
    Last edited by Ib4; 9th September 2013 at 2:27 AM.
    My Decade of Pokemon Games: December 25, 2004-November 21, 2014
    LESRXDCPFPF DSSWB2XAegislashHawluchaYDelphoxMalamar
    AS ?

My favorite PS replay-Sableye wrecks Mewtwo, Giratina, and Arceus

I remember I spent a good 8 hours time trying to catch a damn Feebas in my Sapphire days.. I wish we could have another elusive Pokemon in X and Y. Feebas was such an accomplishment to catch considering how very elusive it was back in the day! I felt so lucky when I finally caught one! Worth all that damn time spent!
    Mega Masquerain [Bug/Water]with Prankster

Make it happen GameFreak!!!!!

Page 263 of 314 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313 ... LastLast