Page 303 of 314 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Does anyone know what the word Kalos is derived from???
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Does anyone know what the word Kalos is derived from???
    Literally on the last page:

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    From a Greek word meaning "beauty".

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kalos#Etymology

In Glittering Cave, are the Helix and Dome fossils exclusives to Y?
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 725roy View Post
    I've been getting weird vibes from the region. There's a lot of stuff that isn't really explained, or empty, as well as constant mentions of a war between Kalos and the neighboring region. It's almost as if they're hinting that there'll an ew region sooner than we're expecting...
    I don't know what war they're referring to, I'm checking all the French wars that exist, but none referring to something used for life being transformed to a weapon of death. I think it could be during the 100 year war, as the Kalos war lasted a long time. Don't know about the Weapon used by AZ, though. Everything in the pokemon world references something in this world.
    5327 1078 9791 PM me if you add me :3 I have a Ground type Safari with Marowak, Trapinch and Palpitoad Currently looking for a Forretress. Add me if you have your run of the mill Sturdy Forretress

I'm also thepinguins{Death By Chocolate} on steam so add me if you want

I have to say, luminous city is possibly the most immersive game city I've ever seen in a game in my life. ._.

so much meanlessful things to do in this city. So much to do. lsdlfsdlfk.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I love it. The fact that it is so big just makes me love it, as it's probably one of the most realistic cities we've seen in game (Apart from I'd expect it to be MUUUCCCHHHH more crowded than it is!

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I have to say, luminous city is possibly the most immersive game city I've ever seen in a game in my life. ._.

so much meanlessful things to do in this city. So much to do. lsdlfsdlfk.
    Luminous makes Castelia look weakkk. Maybe it's just the 3d aspect, but I think it's deff the biggest city in any of the handheld Pokemon games o:
    I logged 90+ hours on my first playthrough and still didn't do absolutely everything the city had to offer.

/Not trading fc in random pms/
    Will add you if we actually
    have conversations :3

First Playthrough:
    90+ hours
    ☑ Elite Four & Champ
    ☑ All X, Y version exclusives
    ☑ All Mega Stones & Mega Pokemon

Second Playthrough:

Shinies:

Gotta Shiny Furfrou!<33333
    + Baton Passin' Blaziken awwya c:<

[IMG]http://i42.*******.com/51yp2r.jpg[/IMG]

Current Team:

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/29c046c.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/14j29sn.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/20hspli.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/9rrpd3.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/34fo3h5.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15g7zgk.png[/IMG]

Meh. I only liked the art museum in Lumiose City. Aside from that, it just felt like Castelia City 2.0 with the copypasta office buildings, cafes and such. It had a few interesting shops, but for the most part I was pretty underwhelmed with it. I also think it could have been a bit more lively and colorful. That's just me though.

I adored both Laverre and Snowbelle City though. Those two places had the perfect soundtrack and scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    I agree. Too bad about the save glitch that happens in that city.

One of my favorite locations in these games is Parfum Palace. It's just so beautiful even if there isn't much to do there; I just love that it's based on the Palace of Versailles.

You could work at a hotel though. o.O

I was seriously so surprised when I saw that.

Its the little things that make it so immersive though. That's why I said "Meaninglessful". XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I agree. Too bad about the save glitch that happens in that city.
    Well, now that the save glitch is fixed, there's nothing wrong there anymore. I'm impressed, though. The part-time jobs in the hotel, the restaurants for money and EXP, all the shops like the Poke Ball store. There's so much in that city, and unlike in Castelia City, most of it is worth your time to try out, even if it's just once.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I wish that stone shop at least sold other rare evolutionary stones than the three common ones. I can't finish my dex because I lack extra Dawn Stones or Dusk Stones.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I wish that stone shop at least sold other rare evolutionary stones than the three common ones. I can't finish my dex because I lack extra Dawn Stones or Dusk Stones.
    Definitely this. I didn't even know you could evolve Floette via a shiny stone, thus I wasted mine on Roselia instead. Not to mention, I'd love to have all the various Florges formes in my PC collection. The game simply just doesn't offer that many evolution stones. :/

It is annoying, actually. I can understand the store only selling those stones pre-E4, but post-game, I'd have liked them to have the rest available to buy. At least you can get any stone from the Secret Super Training regimens. Still, since you don't always get a stone from that, being able to buy them would be really convenient.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Kurry View Post
    Definitely this. I didn't even know you could evolve Floette via a shiny stone, thus I wasted mine on Roselia instead. Not to mention, I'd love to have all the various Florges formes in my PC collection. The game simply just doesn't offer that many evolution stones. :/
    You can still get those stones from the secret super training sessions

I'm only 5 badges into the game but so far my favorite area has to be the Laverre Nature Trail (Route 14). It looks so... good.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I really love how through Dendemille Town to Snowbelle City you breathe cold air.

I wish other cities and towns do this too(if the Season Mechanic came back in this gen).
    'Murica

It's awesome

You get them post game

Bout to jump on Victory Road. Should I come prepared with a HM slave or no?

Shines I own/owned: Drifblim, Golurk, Bannette

Help me hatch my above eggs! ^

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGligar View Post
    Bout to jump on Victory Road. Should I come prepared with a HM slave or no?
    Definitely surf. Apart from that, strength maybe for shortcuts, rock smash for hidden items, waterfall for hidden areas. From memory.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Stone availability has always been really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'm only 5 badges into the game but so far my favorite area has to be the Laverre Nature Trail (Route 14). It looks so... good.
    Yes! It makes me think of Halloween.

re: Lumiose, I think I prefer it to Castelia as a whole. It's annoying to navigate but there's so much more to do there. After the initial visit to Castelia there's really no reason to return (expect for the daily Morimoto battle) and it just feels really empty. The variety of shops and cafes and stuff in Lumiose mean that there's actually a reason to revisit the place.

I agree about the lack of people though, for such a huge city it should feel busier.

Don't know if anyone's noticed, but a man in the Cyllage City Hotel says "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! We have this town that you wouldn't believe . . . Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time." What does this mean? Could it refer to an already existing region, or a brand new region? What is GF trying to tell us? . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSceptile View Post
    Don't know if anyone's noticed, but a man in the Cyllage City Hotel says "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! We have this town that you wouldn't believe . . . Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time." What does this mean? Could it refer to an already existing region, or a brand new region? What is GF trying to tell us? . . .
    There are quite a fair bit of hints within the game pointing to another region: this and the Strange Souvenir guy, to name a few. The official guidebook also mentions transferring berries from other regions, but as far as we know Pokemon Bank does not allow item transfer. Looks like we could be looking at a new region for X2/Y2/Z? Or perhaps even a second pair of main series games within Generation VI. Again, all speculation...
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    There are quite a fair bit of hints within the game pointing to another region: this and the Strange Souvenir guy, to name a few. The official guidebook also mentions transferring berries from other regions, but as far as we know Pokemon Bank does not allow item transfer. Looks like we could be looking at a new region for X2/Y2/Z? Or perhaps even a second pair of main series games within Generation VI. Again, all speculation...
    Not gonna lie here, but my first thought was Hoenn. He could have been referring to R/S remakes? Hoenn does have some unbelievable towns. But who knows? It could be anything.

Page 303 of 314 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast