Page 304 of 314 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #7576
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSceptile View Post
    Not gonna lie here, but my first thought was Hoenn. He could have been referring to R/S remakes? Hoenn does have some unbelievable towns. But who knows? It could be anything.
    It's not Hoenn. He specifcally says it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #7577
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's not Hoenn. He specifcally says it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova.
    Oh, really? He never said that to me . . . It must be another new region we'll get perhaps with Z?


  3. #7578
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSceptile View Post
    Don't know if anyone's noticed, but a man in the Cyllage City Hotel says "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! We have this town that you wouldn't believe . . . Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time." What does this mean? Could it refer to an already existing region, or a brand new region? What is GF trying to tell us? . . .
    Yep, I noticed this too. My reaction to it was that there was gonna be a whole other region to explore after finishing the game....but it wasn't to be.

    As for what I think of Kalos region, well it's re-ignited my interest in a series that I haven't really played since Ruby/Sapphire. I love how each town is different and how much there is to do. Also, most games could learn something from Gamefreak on how to do end game content. I were getting fed up of playing games where when you finished them you basically get nothing more than 'The End'. With X & Y I'm still playing long after 'finishing' the game and it felt like it was only just beginning after beating the E4.

    I really can't wait to see what's coming next. Pokemon Z? Pokemon X2 & Y2? What do guys think will be next?
    3DS Friend Code: 4184-2075-8562
    Shiny!!

    My friend safari
    ROCK
    Pupitar, Boldore and Shuckle. Feel free to add me.

    6th Gen Pokemon team

  4. #7579
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedFox View Post
    Yep, I noticed this too. My reaction to it was that there was gonna be a whole other region to explore after finishing the game....but it wasn't to be.

    As for what I think of Kalos region, well it's re-ignited my interest in a series that I haven't really played since Ruby/Sapphire. I love how each town is different and how much there is to do. Also, most games could learn something from Gamefreak on how to do end game content. I were getting fed up of playing games where when you finished them you basically get nothing more than 'The End'. With X & Y I'm still playing long after 'finishing' the game and it felt like it was only just beginning after beating the E4.

    I really can't wait to see what's coming next. Pokemon Z? Pokemon X2 & Y2? What do guys think will be next?
    I think the next game will be based on another country.
    There was something with an waterfall upside down.
    Are there any mythology's about that in some cultures or countries?
    also I don't count the distortion world.

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  5. #7580
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    I think the next game will be based on another country.
    There was something with an waterfall upside down.
    Are there any mythology's about that in some cultures or countries?
    also I don't count the distortion world.
    Maybe that "other country" will be the other region that was in the Kalos War. It would help explain the gaps in X/Y's story, which is typical of third versions.


  6. #7581
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    I think the next game will be based on another country.
    There was something with an waterfall upside down.
    Are there any mythology's about that in some cultures or countries?
    also I don't count the distortion world.
    I actually first thought of Sinnoh and the Distortion World with the "waterfall upside down", I doubt there's any deeper meaning to it really.

    The station at Couriway really intrigues me though, I can't believe it's there for aesthetics only. It could be an Victini-like event (you take a train to a place where you encounter a legendary), but I'm kinda hoping something will unlock something larger... but what, I'm not really sure. There are the other rails in Lumiose Station as well, without a train (yet?), so that's interesting too. The boy next to it says something like "This is where it should be". First I thought he dropped a train ticket or something so I tried looking for one without any luck. Then again he could mean that that's a place where a train should arrive. Or then I'm just thinking too much again. They all could be tied to events, really.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

  7. #7582
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back of Bills house
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    I actually first thought of Sinnoh and the Distortion World with the "waterfall upside down", I doubt there's any deeper meaning to it really.

    The station at Couriway really intrigues me though, I can't believe it's there for aesthetics only. It could be an Victini-like event (you take a train to a place where you encounter a legendary), but I'm kinda hoping something will unlock something larger... but what, I'm not really sure. There are the other rails in Lumiose Station as well, without a train (yet?), so that's interesting too. The boy next to it says something like "This is where it should be". First I thought he dropped a train ticket or something so I tried looking for one without any luck. Then again he could mean that that's a place where a train should arrive. Or then I'm just thinking too much again. They all could be tied to events, really.
    But only a handful of people know of the Distortion World... Unless there was an event in history which more people were clued into it, it's most likely a landmark we'll see in the future, in my personal opinion.


    POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  8. #7583
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    There are quite a fair bit of hints within the game pointing to another region: this and the Strange Souvenir guy, to name a few. The official guidebook also mentions transferring berries from other regions, but as far as we know Pokemon Bank does not allow item transfer. Looks like we could be looking at a new region for X2/Y2/Z? Or perhaps even a second pair of main series games within Generation VI. Again, all speculation...
    I think it could be possible that the "other group of people" who asked the man in Anistar about the Legendary Pokémon "a few years back" could also tie into it. Whatever the case may be, though, something definitely seems afoot. They're being really obvious about all of these "clues."

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    But only a handful of people know of the Distortion World... Unless there was an event in history which more people were clued into it, it's most likely a landmark we'll see in the future, in my personal opinion.
    Yeah, and the Distortion World is a parallel universe, so it wouldn't technically be "in [the Pokémon] world."
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  9. #7584
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    I think the next game will be based on another country.
    There was something with an waterfall upside down.
    Are there any mythology's about that in some cultures or countries?
    also I don't count the distortion world.
    Yea possibly. I've been out of the loop for a while with pokemon games, how long has it been taking Gamefreak to bring out the follow-up games lately anyone?
    3DS Friend Code: 4184-2075-8562
    Shiny!!

    My friend safari
    ROCK
    Pupitar, Boldore and Shuckle. Feel free to add me.

    6th Gen Pokemon team

  10. #7585
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Future 7th gen Pokemon? -- http://24.media.tumblr.com/b4d0eeb59...a0ayo1_500.jpg From what i assume the strange souvenir might be a 7th gen pokemon or it could be Volcanion, Hoopa, or Diancie. He says the souvenir isn't from Kanto,Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. It says its not from Kalos so the only possible region it could be is either some kind of island or the 7th gen region. Not sure if an island is even considered a region though

  11. #7586
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    But only a handful of people know of the Distortion World... Unless there was an event in history which more people were clued into it, it's most likely a landmark we'll see in the future, in my personal opinion.
    I'm pretty sure if some evil dude tried to create a new world by destroying it, it would be darned big news that'd end up on the headlines. So I'd guess there's a chance that the Distortion World is actually rather well-known, perhaps at least as a rumour.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

    Shinies:

  12. #7587
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,565

    Default

    Finally arrived at Route 8 and it's my favorite Kalos route so far; I love how it's overlooking the sea and the ledges were fun to jump off of. I also love that some of my favorite Pokemon are found there like Inkay, Wingull, and Drifloon. It's still really early in the game but Route 8 is giving me life (the BGM is pretty cool too).

  13. #7588
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    416

    Default

    there also one part of termins cave thats blocked on outside by boulders...... there also more stuff that hold mystic thoughts.. who kncws what could be decoded into the game since no1 has hacked it yet

  14. #7589
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    I'm pretty sure if some evil dude tried to create a new world by destroying it, it would be darned big news that'd end up on the headlines. So I'd guess there's a chance that the Distortion World is actually rather well-known, perhaps at least as a rumour.
    True, although since only two of the three people who have an eyewitness account of the Distortion World came out of it, I think it is unlikely that there would be much of a public awareness of its specific geographical features.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  15. #7590
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColdCarnage View Post
    Future 7th gen Pokemon? -- http://24.media.tumblr.com/b4d0eeb59...a0ayo1_500.jpg From what i assume the strange souvenir might be a 7th gen pokemon or it could be Volcanion, Hoopa, or Diancie. He says the souvenir isn't from Kanto,Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. It says its not from Kalos so the only possible region it could be is either some kind of island or the 7th gen region. Not sure if an island is even considered a region though
    Hm, looks kinda like the moai statues on Easter Island to me... maybe we're going to an island to hunt one of them?
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

  16. #7591
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSceptile View Post
    Oh, really? He never said that to me . . .
    He only revealed it's not any of the 5 previous region during post-game. Before post-game he won't reveal it yet.




    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    True, although since only two of the three people who have an eyewitness account of the Distortion World came out of it, I think it is unlikely that there would be much of a public awareness of its specific geographical features.
    Not to mention literally no one knows people went in and out of Distortion World.

    I doubt the news crew actually managed to go all the way into Spear Pillar (especially with all those Galactic Grunts in the way), and when those two people came out, they arrived at the hidden lake that not many people knows, so no one saw them coming out either (besides, why would anyone thought they would come out there?)

    Unless they had an interview with the two Champions and asked them about Distortion World, I doubt the world will know about it.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  17. #7592
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    This region that is mentioned is probably an island and the Pokemon just protects the island. It probably has a few old Pokemon on it that are just found post E4 and event. It is most likely Hoopa because a Moai head can be psychic/ghost. There are several objects that are psychic or ghost. Golurk line, Bronzong line, Litwick line, etc.. Other guess is Diancie but it doesn't look fairy. Also when the guy says that you will found soon enough or something like that on what the pokemon is that just means its an event. We'll find out in a couple months. This island technically won't be a part of Kalos if its out in the middle of nowhere. If you look up the region in which Faraway Island is, everything will say unknown region. Islands are a part of the Pokemon world, but they are in a region not known in the main games. The leaks regarding all the Kalos pokemon, all the areas etc.. were clarified within a week or a little longer than that.
    Last edited by ColdCarnage; 28th October 2013 at 2:24 AM.

  18. #7593
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,884

    Default

    I agree that the guy is probably just referring to an island, or probably a small archipelago similar to Sevii.
    Sevii is not really considered part of Kanto and this set of islands can technically be considered a region (or a part of something else).

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  19. #7594
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back of Bills house
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I agree that the guy is probably just referring to an island, or probably a small archipelago similar to Sevii.
    Sevii is not really considered part of Kanto and this set of islands can technically be considered a region (or a part of something else).
    But also the same guy (or was it a different one?) Spoke about their Champion. Unless it is something like an Island Elite Four, I think it will be something bigger.


    POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  20. #7595

    Default

    My opinion:
    The statue is of a new legendary in a new region.
    The region will be based on Italy.
    The amazing city he describes is something similar to Veneza.
    That is my guess
    3ds friend code: 0989 - 1816 - 0688

    Read this.


  21. #7596
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    But also the same guy (or was it a different one?) Spoke about their Champion. Unless it is something like an Island Elite Four, I think it will be something bigger.
    Hmmm... good point, but I think it's still too early to give us Gen 7.
    I'm thinking that most of these are just a tease.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  22. #7597
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    376

    Default

    I think some people are missing the really obvious stuff. One of the guys at a hotel mentions this cool new town in a region that we will see soon. Coupled with the strange souvenir, the berries which can only be traded from another region (not previous regions - this is impossible), the war, the low number of pokemon in the 6th gen dex, the train station, the fact that Kalos (France) can be connected to another region in the east quite easily...

    All the evidence points to a second 6th generation region. Yes, this would be new but GameFreak have broken away from a lot of traditions already and it's sensible to avoid predicting their 'patterns' any more. In my humble opinion, I think it is blatantly obvious that we will be getting the rest of 6th gen so to speak, in the form of another region, more pokemon, legends, gyms etc in the next game, be it Z or X2 and Y2 or another similar installment.
    Shine bright like a diamond


    My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

    Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

  23. #7598
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    750

    Default

    I think the video Marriland made a couple days ago really strengthens the theory of multiple Gen VI new regions. He refers to the official guide book that states fourteen berries are unobtainable in XY and can only be obtained by trading with other regions.

    Since items won't be able to brought through PokeBank, I think we'll see another region based on a surrounding European country (Spain, Germany, etc). Will be intriguing to see how the mysteries in Kalos will be clarified in the future with the ability to patch and update 3DS games.
    Could we see things like the Couriway Station become usable through an update like this?
    Hopefully it won't be as simple as just a way of getting to an event legendary.


    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

  24. #7599
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Elkton, MD
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Finally arrived at Route 8 and it's my favorite Kalos route so far; I love how it's overlooking the sea and the ledges were fun to jump off of. I also love that some of my favorite Pokemon are found there like Inkay, Wingull, and Drifloon. It's still really early in the game but Route 8 is giving me life (the BGM is pretty cool too).
    Keep an eye out, Bagon is rare but he is obtainable in that area. Love the amount of Pokemon you can encounter in the Kalos region, such a nice change from the usual same few that you always run into in other Gen-starting games.

  25. #7600
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Senior View Post
    I think the video Marriland made a couple days ago really strengthens the theory of multiple Gen VI new regions. He refers to the official guide book that states fourteen berries are unobtainable in XY and can only be obtained by trading with other regions.
    Well, to be fair, these "other regions" regarding berries could be old ones, and specifically Hoenn, which is bound to get remade games at some point or another (and this generation would be ideal as we're getting games for a new console again). That is where berry planting began anyway.

    But I agree that there is quite a lot of evidence (well, at least hints) towards new region(s) within this generation. I liked how someone brought up the whole war thing, I never really thought of that. Maybe at some point we'll be able to travel across the region which was in war against Kalos, it having its own king and legends.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Page 304 of 314 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •