Page 309 of 314 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #7701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu54549 View Post
    Hmm...
    Unova looking building,
    Upper-right of kalos looks like lower-left of unova,
    If they DO make a pokemon z (or pokemon a and b to follow on the buttons on a 3DS), I would like to see a double-region thing like they did with Gold, Silver, and their remakes.
    Last time I checked, America and Europe are separated continents, and so do their Pokemon interpretations.

  2. #7702
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Last time I checked, America and Europe are separated continents, and so do their Pokemon interpretations.
    We have no way of knowing where regions are in proximity to others, with the exception of Kanto and Johto.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  3. #7703
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu54549 View Post
    Hmm...
    Unova looking building,
    Upper-right of kalos looks like lower-left of unova,
    If they DO make a pokemon z (or pokemon a and b to follow on the buttons on a 3DS), I would like to see a double-region thing like they did with Gold, Silver, and their remakes.
    IT can't be next to each other because unova and kalos both restart at route 1. Johto and Kanto's routes are connected and the number doesn't start with route one again, same with sinnoh and hoenn, it means that johto, kanto, sinnoh and hoenn are like one country in total but had different regions
    Signature Strike WARNING.
    Signature images should not be taller than 420 pixels, and should not be wider than 600 pixels. The image that violates the rules has been removed.


  4. #7704
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelesX21 View Post
    IT can't be next to each other because unova and kalos both restart at route 1. Johto and Kanto's routes are connected and the number doesn't start with route one again, same with sinnoh and hoenn, it means that johto, kanto, sinnoh and hoenn are like one country in total but had different regions
    All that means is that their numbers didn't start at one, not that they're anywhere near each other. Hoenn started at 101, there was no route 100 in Kanto/Johto. It was just an arbitrary number they decided to start at.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  5. #7705
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    We have no way of knowing where regions are in proximity to others, with the exception of Kanto and Johto.
    Well, and that Sinnoh is the closest Region to Fiore, which at least sheds some light regarding that.

    But other than that, yeah, it's a mystery :/

  6. #7706
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Curious to see how the Sundial will be used in the sequels.

  7. #7707
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisPhantom View Post
    Curious to see how the Sundial will be used in the sequels.
    The same thing it's used for now, finding Mega Stones.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #7708
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Kalos is missing something. I can't figure it out, but there is something missing that makes it feel bland/incomplete. I honestly though they did a horrible job with where the journey went because you were always just all over the place. Unova had a nice, linear, path so that you would always know where you were supposed to go. I would get lost in Lumoise City quite a lot. The music wasn't too great in this game either. Yeah, there was trainer customization and amazing graphics, but it didn't have the wow factor I was looking for. Not to mention, I really don't like most of the new Pokemon, bar the Heliolisk line. The starters were "meh", they could have done better. I had too high expectations coming into this gme, and it makes me want to travel back to Unova/Sinnoh. AND the story line was just really bad, it sounded like a rehash of Team Rocket in some ways. I can't tell if I absolutely love or hate Mega Evolutions. There should have been more of them along with more regular evolutions for old Pokemon. I just don't know if I want to even play this game because of all the cons it came with in my opinion. Decisions, decisions...
    Alpha Sapphire

    Badges: 0

  9. #7709
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Kalos is missing something. I can't figure it out, but there is something missing that makes it feel bland/incomplete. I honestly though they did a horrible job with where the journey went because you were always just all over the place. Unova had a nice, linear, path so that you would always know where you were supposed to go. I would get lost in Lumoise City quite a lot. The music wasn't too great in this game either. Yeah, there was trainer customization and amazing graphics, but it didn't have the wow factor I was looking for. Not to mention, I really don't like most of the new Pokemon, bar the Heliolisk line. The starters were "meh", they could have done better. I had too high expectations coming into this gme, and it makes me want to travel back to Unova/Sinnoh. AND the story line was just really bad, it sounded like a rehash of Team Rocket in some ways. I can't tell if I absolutely love or hate Mega Evolutions. There should have been more of them along with more regular evolutions for old Pokemon. I just don't know if I want to even play this game because of all the cons it came with in my opinion. Decisions, decisions...
    Meh, I actually like how it was everywhere, instead of being horrible bland and linear like Unova.
    The Storyline was good IMO, and I don't really see how it was similar to Team Rocket at all.
    I liked the Music, it was better than BW at least, but that isn't saying much.

    Regarding old Evos and Mega Evolution, I completely agree with you there.

  10. #7710
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Kalos is missing something. I can't figure it out, but there is something missing that makes it feel bland/incomplete. I honestly though they did a horrible job with where the journey went because you were always just all over the place. Unova had a nice, linear, path so that you would always know where you were supposed to go. I would get lost in Lumoise City quite a lot. The music wasn't too great in this game either. Yeah, there was trainer customization and amazing graphics, but it didn't have the wow factor I was looking for. Not to mention, I really don't like most of the new Pokemon, bar the Heliolisk line. The starters were "meh", they could have done better. I had too high expectations coming into this gme, and it makes me want to travel back to Unova/Sinnoh. AND the story line was just really bad, it sounded like a rehash of Team Rocket in some ways. I can't tell if I absolutely love or hate Mega Evolutions. There should have been more of them along with more regular evolutions for old Pokemon. I just don't know if I want to even play this game because of all the cons it came with in my opinion. Decisions, decisions...
    I agree with you Kalos was missing something, and something big, for me it was mostly to do with the lack of post game content. The looker missions were alright at best, though for me the story was alluring and trapped me wanting to just continue pulling me down further into the game. Honestly I love the fact you had to jump from place to place to continue the story. Unova was fun the first time through, after that it became so dull since you walk in a straight line and looking on you map you easily knew where you were going next. Lumoise City, yes easy to get lost in, however was IMO that first major city to actually feel like a city. So I rather enjoyed it. As for the new Pokémon, most of them share unique and new designs. However you should be glad during this region you have the choice of collecting several Pokémon from every other region available along your journey. (Though I was not able to get my Cofagrigus) Therefore not limiting you to any of the new Pokémon at all, in fact you get two starters, Kalos, and Kanto, so who is to stop you from disregarding your Kalos starter for you Kanto one instead? When it comes to the in game Pokémon, you really can make almost anything.
    Steel Elegance

    Shiny's


    Bashful Spinda (Pokerus)
    Bold Palkia
    Naughty Dialga (UT)
    Naughty Giratina
    Timid Gardevoir (5 IV)
    Adamant Metagross (5IV)
    Hasty Elekid (5 IV) UT

    (Currently taking offers)



    Friend Safari: Normal




  11. #7711
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Blue
    Posts
    3,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Well, and that Sinnoh is the closest Region to Fiore, which at least sheds some light regarding that.

    But other than that, yeah, it's a mystery :/
    Actually, if you look at their geographical counterparts, you will see that Almia is just a couple of miles away from Canalave. In fact, Almia is literally just the previously unused parts of Hokkaido. Fiore also seems to be somewhere in Tohoku.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisPhantom View Post
    Curious to see how the Sundial will be used in the sequels.
    The most common speculation is that it will be related to Diancie.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

  12. #7712
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dances With Steel View Post
    I agree with you Kalos was missing something, and something big, for me it was mostly to do with the lack of post game content. The looker missions were alright at best, though for me the story was alluring and trapped me wanting to just continue pulling me down further into the game. Honestly I love the fact you had to jump from place to place to continue the story. Unova was fun the first time through, after that it became so dull since you walk in a straight line and looking on you map you easily knew where you were going next. Lumoise City, yes easy to get lost in, however was IMO that first major city to actually feel like a city. So I rather enjoyed it. As for the new Pokémon, most of them share unique and new designs. However you should be glad during this region you have the choice of collecting several Pokémon from every other region available along your journey. (Though I was not able to get my Cofagrigus) Therefore not limiting you to any of the new Pokémon at all, in fact you get two starters, Kalos, and Kanto, so who is to stop you from disregarding your Kalos starter for you Kanto one instead? When it comes to the in game Pokémon, you really can make almost anything.
    I understand the starter deal, but I'm still waiting for a Pokemon game that let's you choose ANY pokemon as your starter, bar Legendaries and Pokemon that never evolve. It would be so much fun to start with your favorite Pokemon, not just the ones set in stone. I honestly don't like starter Pokemon that much besides the Sinnoh Starters because they all were really great. Delphox and Chesnaught really got the short end of the stick, while Greninja has Protean and Spikes and whatnot. Chesnaught could have gotten Rapid Spin and Delphox could have gotten a much better Hidden Ability. Lumoise really didn't feel a whole lot like a city be ause there were too many Cafes. Instead of Photography Cafe, why not just have a Photography Club/Shop/Warehouse? It just would have been more interesting. And they could have done more with Lumoise Tower. Like, oh I don't know, GO TO THE TOP WITH A VIEW? Come on, Game Freak! I never beat the game, but from what I've heard/watched, the Post Game sucks. It is so hard to make a team in this Generation because the Pokedex is too big. They included lots of past Pokemon that nobody really cares for.
    Alpha Sapphire

    Badges: 0

  13. #7713
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    Looking at the map, there's so much wasted space. Hoping for Z (or X2/Y2 should GF do that again) to fully expand on Kalos. Include the Battle Frontier on the bottom left, there's lots of space there. Maybe even let some of those places be areas for the catchable past Legendaries. Btw, in the Victory Road, the area where you last fight Serena before the Elite Four, if you go on northeastern edge, you can see a little town (or village?) that has a giant lake and is surrounded by the forest. That's nowhere accessible in the game, right?
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 29th November 2013 at 1:13 PM. Reason: Giant LAKE
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  14. #7714
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Looking at the map, there's so much wasted space. Hoping for Z (or X2/Y2 should GF do that again) to fully expand on Kalos. Include the Battle Frontier on the bottom left, there's lots of space there. Maybe even let some of those places be areas for the catchable past Legendaries. Btw, in the Victory Road, the area where you last fight Serena before the Elite Four, if you go on northeastern edge, you can see a little town (or village?) that has a giant lake and is surrounded by the forest. That's nowhere accessible in the game, right?
    I'm hoping that the world will be expanded in a future update. We do have downloadable updates now. With different versions of the game (like when you get the update that fixes the glitch) it says the game is in version 1.1, maybe we will get version 2?
    Latest Shiny!


    Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

    3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

  15. #7715
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    Yes, I know that, I've posted said connection a few times before, and it's rather simple to notice.

    It however, has not been confirmed by the game itself, so I disregard it for now, even though it seems likely.

  16. #7716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I understand the starter deal, but I'm still waiting for a Pokemon game that let's you choose ANY pokemon as your starter, bar Legendaries and Pokemon that never evolve.
    Which will never happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Come on, Game Freak! I never beat the game, but from what I've heard/watched, the Post Game sucks.
    Honestly, that divests you of any right to complain. Don't drop the game halfway through and then come here and say other people have told you something about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    It is so hard to make a team in this Generation because the Pokedex is too big. They included lots of past Pokemon that nobody really cares for.
    And that's sort of ridiculous, as are a number of your other complaints. More choices make it harder to build a team? And what makes you the arbiter of which Pokémon people "care for" or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    I'm hoping that the world will be expanded in a future update. We do have downloadable updates now. With different versions of the game (like when you get the update that fixes the glitch) it says the game is in version 1.1, maybe we will get version 2?
    No, they're not going to expand what you already have. Version 1.1 means only that you've applied the glitch fix - it doesn't mean there are still huge chunks of the Kalos region waiting to be added to your game with a download. I don't know why people continue to be fixated unhealthily on "DLC!!!!", particularly in this unrealistic fashion.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  17. #7717
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I understand the starter deal, but I'm still waiting for a Pokemon game that let's you choose ANY pokemon as your starter, bar Legendaries and Pokemon that never evolve. It would be so much fun to start with your favorite Pokemon, not just the ones set in stone. I honestly don't like starter Pokemon that much besides the Sinnoh Starters because they all were really great. Delphox and Chesnaught really got the short end of the stick, while Greninja has Protean and Spikes and whatnot. Chesnaught could have gotten Rapid Spin and Delphox could have gotten a much better Hidden Ability. Lumoise really didn't feel a whole lot like a city be ause there were too many Cafes. Instead of Photography Cafe, why not just have a Photography Club/Shop/Warehouse? It just would have been more interesting. And they could have done more with Lumoise Tower. Like, oh I don't know, GO TO THE TOP WITH A VIEW? Come on, Game Freak! I never beat the game, but from what I've heard/watched, the Post Game sucks. It is so hard to make a team in this Generation because the Pokedex is too big. They included lots of past Pokemon that nobody really cares for.
    I agree with your point on the Kalos starters, two really got dealt bad hands in stats, and abilities. And Sinnoh had great starters, however Infernape was just a copy and paste of Blaziken, which is why I could never use him. Torterra and Empoleon were always my picks. However when it comes to the starters, there is always one that stands above the other two and become the most used over the others AKA Charizard, while Blastoise and Venasaur never got too much praise. However all starters have positive and negative points just like every Pokémon that has been made to this day. To one, a Pokémon can be garbage, while to another it can be a hidden diamond. It's all about how you wish to make that Pokémon work.

    And yes Lumoise Tower, it would have been nice to lookout over the city from the top, but it shower we really wouldn't have missed much. It's a boring shape and completely symmetrical, so I would imagine why they wouldn't have bothered.

    And I agree I did struggle making a team at first. Was hard to find a balance of Pokémon that could stand up to the task. However upon making a team during the game wasnt very successful during online play even after resetting their EVs with reset bags and redoing them, and breeding for better natures, it only becomes decent after you finally beat the game and obtain several FC's and use the friend safari to obtain several Pokémon that can be of major use. However with all the waiting and time spent, I was not at all disappointed.
    Steel Elegance

    Shiny's


    Bashful Spinda (Pokerus)
    Bold Palkia
    Naughty Dialga (UT)
    Naughty Giratina
    Timid Gardevoir (5 IV)
    Adamant Metagross (5IV)
    Hasty Elekid (5 IV) UT

    (Currently taking offers)



    Friend Safari: Normal




  18. #7718
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    I'm hoping that the world will be expanded in a future update. We do have downloadable updates now. With different versions of the game (like when you get the update that fixes the glitch) it says the game is in version 1.1, maybe we will get version 2?
    the version 1.1 is only due to the update. all games say that when you get an update. it's not a different version really, just the same version with a slight add-on. I doubt we will get a version 2, but dlc is not impossible, but slightly unlikely.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  19. #7719
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Santalune Forest
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I think if Kalos ever gets an add on to the routes, it will most likely be in a new game instead of an update. The places I think need new routes/caves would be the upper and lower right parts of the map, and the lower center of the map, mainly because they just feel empty.
    When I was checking out Lumiose City, in Juane Plaza I walked by these two women that were saying that a lava dome pokemon lives in Juane Plaza. Now, Heatran is the only Lava Dome Pokemon, so I don't understand why GF would do this. We just had Heatran in B2 and W2. Unless GF is going to release yet another pokemon (which is highly unlikely but not impossible), we are going to get Heatran again, most likely from an event, but there could be more to it. It could be that the Heatran roams around the CAVES in the Kalos region (with the exception of Frost Cavern) after you encounter it under Juane Plaza and leaves behind the magma stone, which you bring to a secret volcano in the mountains to find the mythical Pokemon Volcanion. Once you defeat/catch Volcanion, the head of the Lumiose Press comes and congradulates you for finding Volcanion by giving you a special item for Volcanion that boosts the defense and special defense (or attack and special attack) and leaves to go back to the Lumiose Press. After you've done this, you can challenge the Head of the Lumiose Press and Alexa to daily battles, Alexa obviously having Gogoat, Helioptile, and Noivern, all at level 64, and the head of the Lumiose Press having 4-5 pokemon all at level 66. They could even make the Head of the Lumiose Press be an Elite 4 or even the new champion of an older or new region.
    Just a thought.

    EDIT- anyone there?
    EDIT 2- Hello?
    Last edited by pikachu54549; 30th November 2013 at 11:38 PM.
    FC is 2122-6736-0132
    Friend Safari type: Psychic
    Friend Safari Pokemon:

    Shinies:
    Platinum:
    Soulsilver:
    Black 2:
    White 2:

    Y team:
    Chesnaught, Yveltal, Blastoise, Zygarde, Lucario, Mewtwo

    X team:
    Greninja, Charizard, Xerneas, Doublade, Lucario, Raichu(due to change soon)

    Looking for(X and Y): All Vivillon patterns except Modern and Elegant,

  20. #7720
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    yeah i can say this was a splendid map they created, but what bothers me why make the map a five star shaped

  21. #7721
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    yeah i can say this was a splendid map they created, but what bothers me why make the map a five star shaped
    France, the country it's based on, is shaped like a star/pentagon.
    So I guess everything else were built from that concept.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  22. #7722
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vintrial View Post
    My opinion:
    The statue is of a new legendary in a new region.
    The region will be based on Italy.
    The amazing city he describes is something similar to Veneza.
    That is my guess
    I personally think it may refer to the next spinoff game...like a new pokemon ranger or something...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

    Future Omega Ruby Team:

  23. #7723
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I personally think it may refer to the next spinoff game...like a new pokemon ranger or something...
    GameFreak has nothing to do with the spinoffs. It's not referencing that.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #7724
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raigeki333 View Post
    yeah i can say this was a splendid map they created, but what bothers me why make the map a five star shaped
    i guess it is to do with the fact that Kalos's realf life counterpart, France, is pentagon shaped. otherwise, it could just be a coincidence.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  25. #7725
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I liked this region for the most part, but I found Lumiose City to be a confusing mess.
    Thank God for those taxis.

Page 309 of 314 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •