Page 310 of 314 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314 LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

So we might have an event for the power plant and the train station. What's the purpose of the giant tree hidden behind the clouds on my free kalos map hanging on my wall? Did the game say the legendaries
    were from there?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    So we might have an event for the power plant and the train station. What's the purpose of the giant tree hidden behind the clouds on my free kalos map hanging on my wall? Did the game say the legendaries
    were from there?
    It could be accesible on the third game or the sequels. Kind of how new areas of Unova were available on Black 2 and White 2.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    were from there?
    If you mean in the top right corner of the map, that's not a tree, it's the entrance to Frost Cavern north of Dendemille, and behind the clouds seems to be generic green space.

3DS: 0748 - 2877 - 8988 / Acherhar - Pier / GMT -5
    Ground FS: Wooper - Camerupt - Diggersby
    English Polar Vivillon

The other power plants have to be there for something. It would be interesting if they became the first ever event locations not associated with legendaries. :P

Anyway... ah the Kalos region. I have to say It's grown on me a bit but....
    It's still my least favorite region.
    This is for the same reason I don't like France, or any part of Europe, in the real world.. It's just too.. "civilized." Despite the ridiculous species diversity in Kalos, I feel like more than 50% of the region is a city or town, and if you count the many developed regions in the routes, the area covered by human habitation must be around 60%... As a certain NPC said (in some hotel, forgot where) Kalos (and france) used to be covered in forests. However, there are only two accessible forests in the game, and the region is largely devoid of healthy forests elsewhere. Also, I was excited for the new desert... but I'm rather dissapointed by the luminose badlands. First of all, I'm almost 99% sure it's not a natural desert, I think it came into existence in one of two ways;
    1. If you notice, the gate between the luminose badlands and luminose city opens into a river. The BADlands could have once been WETlands, but they were diverted to serve the water needs of luminose city, creating a wasteland where only burrowing creatures that could access underground water sources could survive.
    2. Pollution from the power plants, as well as the water needs of the plant, stripped the landscape of most of its plants and wild life.
    3. All of the above
    WTF ZYGARDE, DO SOMETHING!!!! D:
        Spoiler:- Bugs:

So I was building quite a nice winning streak on random wifi battles, having beaten my way through countless Garchomps, Volcoronas, Aegislash and Mega Blazikens. Then my streak was utterly broken by a Vivillon, who completely swept my team.

I laughed it off as a one off sort of thing, since the guy deserved props for using it after all. But just as I was starting to build another win streak another Vivillon trainer showed up and it happened again. I am living in perpetual fear that the next trainer I face will have a happy, smiling murder butterfly on their team.

Pokemon #666 indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnidae View Post
    The other power plants have to be there for something. It would be interesting if they became the first ever event locations not associated with legendaries. :P

Anyway... ah the Kalos region. I have to say It's grown on me a bit but....
    It's still my least favorite region.
    This is for the same reason I don't like France, or any part of Europe, in the real world.. It's just too.. "civilized." Despite the ridiculous species diversity in Kalos, I feel like more than 50% of the region is a city or town, and if you count the many developed regions in the routes, the area covered by human habitation must be around 60%... As a certain NPC said (in some hotel, forgot where) Kalos (and france) used to be covered in forests. However, there are only two accessible forests in the game, and the region is largely devoid of healthy forests elsewhere. Also, I was excited for the new desert... but I'm rather dissapointed by the luminose badlands. First of all, I'm almost 99% sure it's not a natural desert, I think it came into existence in one of two ways;
    1. If you notice, the gate between the luminose badlands and luminose city opens into a river. The BADlands could have once been WETlands, but they were diverted to serve the water needs of luminose city, creating a wasteland where only burrowing creatures that could access underground water sources could survive.
    2. Pollution from the power plants, as well as the water needs of the plant, stripped the landscape of most of its plants and wild life.
    3. All of the above
    WTF ZYGARDE, DO SOMETHING!!!! D:
    I think one of the main reasons why Kalos lacks that forest-y feel is because the bordering trees are no longer placed side by side like it used to. Try replacing every tree with pine trees and place them side by side without gaps. It would look different.

And yes, Lumiose badlands is NOT a natural desert. Just one thing though... Badlands are not deserts, and deserts are not badlands. Those are two different things so don't compare one with the other. Badlands are dry terrain formed, over time, through deposition and erosion. That area could have once been a forest, a meadow, a river, a lake, a marsh, etc... So I agree with you that the Power Plants had a negative impact on this area.

Anyway, I actually like the Badlands. It's the first terrain of its kind in all of the regions we've been to.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Latios View Post
    It could be accesible on the third game or the sequels. Kind of how new areas of Unova were available on Black 2 and White 2.
    Yeah, I think this will be the case.

I think the Battle Chateau will also be updated in future games. Seriously, it's painfully obvious the thing has three floors, yet we can only access the first floor.

Also, there is a small detail that they should've added, regarding that small gondola docked on one side of the Chateau, on the first floor. For whatever reason we can't even see the dock from inside the Chateau, despite being on the same floor.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

So is there some fairy-tale that would help in explaining why the clock in Laverre has thirteen hours on it?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So is there some fairy-tale that would help in explaining why the clock in Laverre has thirteen hours on it?
    probably they get it through imagination, cause fairy tale always come from fantasizing

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Probably a reference to the "Witching Hour".

Or this explanation I found somewhere on the Internet:
    Its postulated that thirteen hour or 13 o'clock refers to the actual one minute time span from 12:59am/pm to 1am/pm, in which those whom are and were bound to 3rd dimensional earth live life on a 12 hour clock, but those that were never bound to 3rd dimensional earth live on a 13 hour clock but those that have the ability to exist within both dimension get a full hour to exist, move around and interact within 3rd dimensional earth where time in itself is like on pause or motionless, frozen in time. This is where and when demons and the like do their biding and cause chaos to be unfolded by playing pranks, if you will, to people who are frozen within time (like hiding your car keys in the sofa when you know you placed them on the table, etc.).

It works like this, for every second within that one minutes between 12:59 to 1:00 they gain one minute of frozen time, so technically since theres 60 seconds in a minute, they gain one hour of frozen time, but to us it happens in one second.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I have spent hours in Lumiose City just to listen to the music. Its so rich and vibrant. Like a good meal

what do you guys think of the chamber of emptiness?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    what do you guys think of the chamber of emptiness?
    Feels..well Empty. Like they were going to put something there but either decided not to or forgot. All you can find there is I believe the Bannettenite Post-Game. Maybe that will have something in the next game hopefully.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    Feels..well Empty. Like they were going to put something there but either decided not to or forgot. All you can find there is I believe the Bannettenite Post-Game. Maybe that will have something in the next game hopefully.
    And a Spooky Plate.

Seriously, though, in the Guide it's not even shown or given an entrance, so it's that irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    And a Spooky Plate.

Seriously, though, in the Guide it's not even shown or given an entrance, so it's that irrelevant.
    Probably because it's something considered post-E4, which isn't covered in the guide.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Probably because it's something considered post-E4, which isn't covered in the guide.
    Yet it's available the moment you beat Wulfric, and all Plates are accessible before Post-Game, so it being rendered Post-Game makes little sense.

Yet it's available the moment you beat Wulfric, and all Plates are accessible before Post-Game, so it being rendered Post-Game makes little sense.
    Not saying it makes sense, just saying what it likely is.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Not saying it makes sense, just saying what it likely is.
    But why would it be considered Post-Game, considering that said Guide also doesn't cover a map of Sea Spirit's Den, despite it having a slide for it and more Post-Game value than the Chamber of Emptiness.

On that note, the entire lower half of Route 22 isn't documented, most likely due to the fact that you need Waterfall to access it, and that it's first accessible before the 1st Gym, and due to the Chamber of Emptiness being situated at the lower half, it would logically be discluded either because said area was forgotten about, or discluded due to it being such an old area and having a jump from before 1st to after last Gym or vice-versa us simply too large to cover without some confusion.

Or because they consider them sidequests, which they cover in the post-E4 guide.

Or because they consider them sidequests, which they cover in the post-E4 guide.
    In that case the entirety of Azure Bay, Route 16, and Lost Hotel could've been skipped.

In that case the entirety of Azure Bay, Route 16, and Lost Hotel could've been skipped.
    The bay itself is an area accessible as you're passing through, makes sense they'd throw it in there. You pass through Route 16 and the Lost Hotel in your travels as well.

I don't know if this goes here but will post it anyways....

My friend said something about a new update coming along for x and y where you get to own a hotel and there is a lot more post game stuff to do. Has anyone heard of this rumor. He said he found it online...
    White FC: 026097666713

Black 2 FC:219464649535

Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503

Quote Originally Posted by Machomacho View Post
    I don't know if this goes here but will post it anyways....

My friend said something about a new update coming along for x and y where you get to own a hotel and there is a lot more post game stuff to do. Has anyone heard of this rumor. He said he found it online...
    That is most definitely not true.

That is most definitely not true.
    Ok thanks for clarifying. I tried to find the source too but couldn't find it.
    White FC: 026097666713

Black 2 FC:219464649535

Pokemon X FC: 1435 4420 0503

The bay itself is an area accessible as you're passing through, makes sense they'd throw it in there. You pass through Route 16 and the Lost Hotel in your travels as well.
    That Route 22 area is literally right next to the entrance of Victory Road, so even then you'd still be passing by there.

But, eh, it's rather irrelevant, really, it's just a plain empty space with two Items.

That Route 22 area is literally right next to the entrance of Victory Road, so even then you'd still be passing by there.

But, eh, it's rather irrelevant, really, it's just a plain empty space with two Items.
    It's the perfect place for me and my Pokemon team to meditate? x3 I mean there is an item and mega-stone in the cave-- that's enough for me. xD

Lady Bo

Pokemon X Friend Code: 2036-7507-5526

Make me a Lilligant signature or team signature maybe?

Page 310 of 314 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314 LastLast