Page 312 of 313 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313 LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 7825

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #7776
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post

    5. The locked power plant. There are three locked entrances on route 13 which cannot be accessed. My gut feeling on this one is that it is related to an unreleased event.
    There are FOUR locked doors, actually.

    The fourth one is located after the one we can enter.

    Interestingly, it seems to create electricity via photosynthesis or something else related to plant, as it has green bushes that makes the power plant looks like a greenhouse. Basically, it's a literal "power plant" lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the message you see there is version exclusive. In Y, the person asks for help. In X, it was a reply. I only have Y so I don't know in X.
    You're already correct, in X it's a reply.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  2. #7777
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    There are FOUR locked doors, actually.

    The fourth one is located after the one we can enter.

    Interestingly, it seems to create electricity via photosynthesis or something else related to plant, as it has green bushes that makes the power plant looks like a greenhouse. Basically, it's a literal "power plant" lol
    Wow hang on, this seems really important to me... I missed that one during my original play through. So I went back and took a look at the 4 locked plants. Each make electricity (obviously) but I notice that the one you mentioned has a grass or plant theme (Grass type)

    The other three are:
    a wind themed plant (flying)
    a steam themed plant (water?)
    a lava themed plant (fire)

    All make electricity. This gives us four typings: Electric/Grass, Electric/Fire, Electric/Flying, Electric/Water. Rotom has four forms that match this to perfection. The other being Electric/Ice which I don't see a connection for. Is there any chance that we can access these doors using the Rotom forms? I was also considering the move Dig because of the terrain but I don't have the TM yet. I will get it asap and the Rotom forms too. Couldn't hurt to try right?
    Shine bright like a diamond


    My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

    Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

  3. #7778

    Default

    Rotom and all of its forms are readily available in X/Y with no additional stipulations. If there were a connection we'd have long since known by now.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  4. #7779
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Rotom and all of its forms are readily available in X/Y with no additional stipulations. If there were a connection we'd have long since known by now.
    I know I just brought them to the plants and nothing happened. It's strange though how the plants all have different themes related to those four types.
    Shine bright like a diamond


    My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

    Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

  5. #7780
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I love this game! I have had so much fun playing it since it came out, I'm just waiting for Poke Bank to finally come out that way I can play with my other Pokemon in 3D too! :3


    Dragonair!!!


    I'm a shiny collector, currently with 6 Boxes of shinnies ^-^

    My Shinnies: along with other pokemon

  6. #7781
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I think I figured out southern Kalos and the Friend Safari.
    The owners of the daycare take all the eggs given back to them as well as all the pokemon released from their PC
    terminal and take them the Southern Kalos, which has massive amounts of open space to breed and raise pokemon.
    Then they take those pokemon and release them in the Friend Safari so trainers can find rare pokemon.
    IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE
    I want a fluffy Swablu hat....

    Friend Code: 1220-7537-8968
    Add me!

  7. #7782
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    22

    Default

    This is the first nintendo ds game I actually enjoyed besides nintendogs for the 3ds.

    Why cant they always make cool games

    X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

    I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

  8. #7783
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    18,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    This is the first nintendo ds game I actually enjoyed besides nintendogs for the 3ds.

    Why cant they always make cool games
    That's entirely subjective, not to mention, maybe you just haven't tried enough games.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #7784
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    18,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    This is the first nintendo ds game I actually enjoyed besides nintendogs for the 3ds.

    Why cant they always make cool games
    That's entirely subjective, not to mention, maybe you just haven't tried enough games.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #7785
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,471

    Default

    Speaking of Southern Kalos, I was disappointed that they didn't really put any areas in that section of the region, it's mainly just empty space. Hopefully the next game puts more areas there.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  11. #7786
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Anyone else think they missed a trick by not having Fantina in Kalos? In the English games (not sure about in other languages), her speech is peppered with French, and she states specifically that she's not from Sinnoh. I was surprised that they didn't at least reference her in the France-inspired region of Kalos. I figured at the very least we'd see her family there. What does anyone else think?
    3DS friend code 5300 9905 5901
    Friend Safari type: Grass - Quilladin, Tangela and Petilil

    My trades:
    Shinies:
    Legendaries:

    LF Meloetta. PM me with offers.

    Red team:

  12. #7787
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Speaking of Southern Kalos, I was disappointed that they didn't really put any areas in that section of the region, it's mainly just empty space. Hopefully the next game puts more areas there.
    Yeah. I would have liked a route or two leading to Kiloude, if only to give us something to explore post-game. Southern Kalos seems kind of tropical, so it would have been cool to see an area like that.

  13. #7788
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    18,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venetrix View Post
    Anyone else think they missed a trick by not having Fantina in Kalos? In the English games (not sure about in other languages), her speech is peppered with French, and she states specifically that she's not from Sinnoh. I was surprised that they didn't at least reference her in the France-inspired region of Kalos. I figured at the very least we'd see her family there. What does anyone else think?
    It's just flavour for her character, nothing more.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #7789
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's just flavour for her character, nothing more.
    That aside, I've heard that Fantina doesn't speak French in the Japanese versions. So from their perspective, they technically didn't miss out on an opportunity to bring her to Kalos. Of course, that's now. They could very well include her in a remake/sequel, but this is pure speculation.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke




  15. #7790
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Yeah. I would have liked a route or two leading to Kiloude, if only to give us something to explore post-game. Southern Kalos seems kind of tropical, so it would have been cool to see an area like that.
    Yeah, it's a pity, because Kiloude City would be perfect for the main games' first jungle area, and there's quite a bit of open space to the east for more post game areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #7791
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Speaking of Southern Kalos, I was disappointed that they didn't really put any areas in that section of the region, it's mainly just empty space. Hopefully the next game puts more areas there.
    Perfect spot for a Battle Frontier! Assuming they don't change the route and make you start in Kiloude or something, though you could get near the Battle Frontier in the main story-line in HG/SS anyways.

    Taking another look at the map, I'm severely disappointed there weren't any true island cities. Ahh wasted space. I also expected there to be more things in the north east for some reason. Also, is there a town missing on the map between Snowbelle and Anistar? I forget it's name, but either I'm blind or it's not there. (I'm referring to the map that was given out for pre-ordering and such).

    One thing that I found really weird about this region is the gym layout. Everyone before the leaks predicted the science kid to be the 2nd gym leader, I remember playing the game without looking at any spoilers and wondering if I'd ever see the 2nd gym. Weird how far out it was, but fun. I loved how fast paced the game was in terms of what you're given.

  17. #7792
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siebold View Post
    Perfect spot for a Battle Frontier!
    Actually, I'm curious how they'd handle a Battle Frontier in this game, usually they just expand the Battle Tower into one. But the Battle Maison is smack dab in the middle of Kiloude City, so it'd be difficult to do that without changing the city's layout. It might be easier to work with the Battle Chateau, they could just bar entry into the area until post game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siebold View Post
    Assuming they don't change the route and make you start in Kiloude or something, though you could get near the Battle Frontier in the main story-line in HG/SS anyways.
    I doubt they would, it's too far removed from the rest of the region and if they connected it, there'd be no reason to go down there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siebold View Post
    One thing that I found really weird about this region is the gym layout. Everyone before the leaks predicted the science kid to be the 2nd gym leader, I remember playing the game without looking at any spoilers and wondering if I'd ever see the 2nd gym.
    That's not the first time we've had gyms so far apart, the 2nd and 3rd gyms in DP were so far apart from one another that they were practically on opposite ends of the region.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  18. #7793
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    That aside, I've heard that Fantina doesn't speak French in the Japanese versions. So from their perspective, they technically didn't miss out on an opportunity to bring her to Kalos. Of course, that's now. They could very well include her in a remake/sequel, but this is pure speculation.
    That's correct. In the Japanese and French versions she is actually English instead.
    So internationally, it wouldn't make much sense to have her in Kalos.


  19. #7794
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Yeah. I would have liked a route or two leading to Kiloude, if only to give us something to explore post-game. Southern Kalos seems kind of tropical, so it would have been cool to see an area like that.
    Yeah. In B2W2, half the map wasn't open until post-game. This time around, all you get is Kiloude and a few caves.
    I would love a beach-side route, but a pretty one, not like Route 8.

  20. #7795
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    When I saw Kiloude's description mentioning Southern Kalos, and its picture on the in-game map, I thought it would be a tropical beach city, or at least located near a huge lake with sands on the edge and palm trees around, mimicking a beach.

    GF should have done that......Kiloude would have looked so much better.









    Quote Originally Posted by Siebold View Post
    Also, is there a town missing on the map between Snowbelle and Anistar? I forget it's name, but either I'm blind or it's not there. (I'm referring to the map that was given out for pre-ordering and such).
    Between Snowbelle and Anistar there's only that snowy route. Maybe you thought the E4 castle (which just happens to be on the other side of the snowy route) is a town.

    EDIT : nevermind that, between Snowbelle and Anistar there's Couriway

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  21. #7796
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Between Snowbelle and Anistar there's only that snowy route. Maybe you thought the E4 castle (which just happens to be on the other side of the snowy route) is a town.
    Between Anistar and Snowbelle sits Couriway Town.



  22. #7797
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    oops, yeah. I somehow mistook Dendemille for Snowbelle

    Yeah, between Anistar and Snowbelle there's Couriway. Which GF should totally expand in the future. That unusable train station......

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  23. #7798
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    18,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    oops, yeah. I somehow mistook Dendemille for Snowbelle

    Yeah, between Anistar and Snowbelle there's Couriway. Which GF should totally expand in the future. That unusable train station......
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see something done with that in the sequel.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #7799
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see something done with that in the sequel.
    New TMV line from Lumiose to Couriway? That back platform in Lumiose Station is unused as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  25. #7800
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,280

    Default

    um sorry if this was a question that is already asked.

    i want to clarify about the parfum palace, has anybody tried to guess on which pokemon or anything that fits the top left portion.

    some said bastiodon, bronzor and even camphrier town although i'm not sure about this - so anyone has an idea on which really fits the first one?

Page 312 of 313 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •