Page 312 of 314 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314 LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    5. Obviously event-related. The Key Card to open those doors will probably be released in the future, just like the Discount Coupon for the boutiques. Recall that various NPCs mentioned the coupon. People have searched for it and tried to maximize their styles hoping that it could affect boutiques, but no luck. It was never given by any NPC because we never knew that it wasn't found in the game to begin with.
    Not obviously

People looked through both in-game (how we found things like the lati@s mega stones) and through the pgl site (how we found things like the discount coupon and gems) and there are no sort of key items for events so far as we can tell.
    I will say that the reporter is probably referring to, like, Diancie or something. Mythical Pokemon refer to event Pokemon.

But otherwise I agree that these "mysteries" are not even really mysteries. They're just things for flavor that don't have any ~secret meaning~ that absolutely no one, not even any of the guides, have mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post

5. The locked power plant. There are three locked entrances on route 13 which cannot be accessed. My gut feeling on this one is that it is related to an unreleased event.
    There are FOUR locked doors, actually.

The fourth one is located after the one we can enter.

Interestingly, it seems to create electricity via photosynthesis or something else related to plant, as it has green bushes that makes the power plant looks like a greenhouse. Basically, it's a literal "power plant" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the message you see there is version exclusive. In Y, the person asks for help. In X, it was a reply. I only have Y so I don't know in X.
    You're already correct, in X it's a reply.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    There are FOUR locked doors, actually.

The fourth one is located after the one we can enter.

Interestingly, it seems to create electricity via photosynthesis or something else related to plant, as it has green bushes that makes the power plant looks like a greenhouse. Basically, it's a literal "power plant" lol
    Wow hang on, this seems really important to me... I missed that one during my original play through. So I went back and took a look at the 4 locked plants. Each make electricity (obviously) but I notice that the one you mentioned has a grass or plant theme (Grass type)

The other three are:
    a wind themed plant (flying)
    a steam themed plant (water?)
    a lava themed plant (fire)

All make electricity. This gives us four typings: Electric/Grass, Electric/Fire, Electric/Flying, Electric/Water. Rotom has four forms that match this to perfection. The other being Electric/Ice which I don't see a connection for. Is there any chance that we can access these doors using the Rotom forms? I was also considering the move Dig because of the terrain but I don't have the TM yet. I will get it asap and the Rotom forms too. Couldn't hurt to try right?
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Rotom and all of its forms are readily available in X/Y with no additional stipulations. If there were a connection we'd have long since known by now.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Rotom and all of its forms are readily available in X/Y with no additional stipulations. If there were a connection we'd have long since known by now.
    I know I just brought them to the plants and nothing happened. It's strange though how the plants all have different themes related to those four types.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

I love this game! I have had so much fun playing it since it came out, I'm just waiting for Poke Bank to finally come out that way I can play with my other Pokemon in 3D too! :3

Dragonair!!!

I'm a shiny collector, currently with 6 Boxes of shinnies ^-^

My Shinnies: along with other pokemon

I think I figured out southern Kalos and the Friend Safari.
    The owners of the daycare take all the eggs given back to them as well as all the pokemon released from their PC
    terminal and take them the Southern Kalos, which has massive amounts of open space to breed and raise pokemon.
    Then they take those pokemon and release them in the Friend Safari so trainers can find rare pokemon.
    IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE
    I want a fluffy Swablu hat....

Friend Code: 1220-7537-8968
    Add me!

This is the first nintendo ds game I actually enjoyed besides nintendogs for the 3ds.

Why cant they always make cool games

X Friend Code: 3110-5774-434 Panda

I started over on my pokemom x game, and I ran into a shiny azurill when I got to the first city with a pokemon center. How lucky was that. But it sucked cause I caught it in a great ball. Had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post
    This is the first nintendo ds game I actually enjoyed besides nintendogs for the 3ds.

That's entirely subjective, not to mention, maybe you just haven't tried enough games.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolyte View Post

That's entirely subjective, not to mention, maybe you just haven't tried enough games.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Speaking of Southern Kalos, I was disappointed that they didn't really put any areas in that section of the region, it's mainly just empty space. Hopefully the next game puts more areas there.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Anyone else think they missed a trick by not having Fantina in Kalos? In the English games (not sure about in other languages), her speech is peppered with French, and she states specifically that she's not from Sinnoh. I was surprised that they didn't at least reference her in the France-inspired region of Kalos. I figured at the very least we'd see her family there. What does anyone else think?
    3DS friend code 5300 9905 5901
    Friend Safari type: Grass - Quilladin, Tangela and Petilil

My trades:
    Shinies:
    Legendaries:

LF Meloetta. PM me with offers.

Red team:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Speaking of Southern Kalos, I was disappointed that they didn't really put any areas in that section of the region, it's mainly just empty space. Hopefully the next game puts more areas there.
    Yeah. I would have liked a route or two leading to Kiloude, if only to give us something to explore post-game. Southern Kalos seems kind of tropical, so it would have been cool to see an area like that.

Quote Originally Posted by venetrix View Post
    Anyone else think they missed a trick by not having Fantina in Kalos? In the English games (not sure about in other languages), her speech is peppered with French, and she states specifically that she's not from Sinnoh. I was surprised that they didn't at least reference her in the France-inspired region of Kalos. I figured at the very least we'd see her family there. What does anyone else think?
    It's just flavour for her character, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's just flavour for her character, nothing more.
    That aside, I've heard that Fantina doesn't speak French in the Japanese versions. So from their perspective, they technically didn't miss out on an opportunity to bring her to Kalos. Of course, that's now. They could very well include her in a remake/sequel, but this is pure speculation.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Yeah. I would have liked a route or two leading to Kiloude, if only to give us something to explore post-game. Southern Kalos seems kind of tropical, so it would have been cool to see an area like that.
    Yeah, it's a pity, because Kiloude City would be perfect for the main games' first jungle area, and there's quite a bit of open space to the east for more post game areas.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Perfect spot for a Battle Frontier! Assuming they don't change the route and make you start in Kiloude or something, though you could get near the Battle Frontier in the main story-line in HG/SS anyways.

Taking another look at the map, I'm severely disappointed there weren't any true island cities. Ahh wasted space. I also expected there to be more things in the north east for some reason. Also, is there a town missing on the map between Snowbelle and Anistar? I forget it's name, but either I'm blind or it's not there. (I'm referring to the map that was given out for pre-ordering and such).

One thing that I found really weird about this region is the gym layout. Everyone before the leaks predicted the science kid to be the 2nd gym leader, I remember playing the game without looking at any spoilers and wondering if I'd ever see the 2nd gym. Weird how far out it was, but fun. I loved how fast paced the game was in terms of what you're given.

Quote Originally Posted by Siebold View Post
    Perfect spot for a Battle Frontier!
    Actually, I'm curious how they'd handle a Battle Frontier in this game, usually they just expand the Battle Tower into one. But the Battle Maison is smack dab in the middle of Kiloude City, so it'd be difficult to do that without changing the city's layout. It might be easier to work with the Battle Chateau, they could just bar entry into the area until post game.

Assuming they don't change the route and make you start in Kiloude or something, though you could get near the Battle Frontier in the main story-line in HG/SS anyways.
    I doubt they would, it's too far removed from the rest of the region and if they connected it, there'd be no reason to go down there.

One thing that I found really weird about this region is the gym layout. Everyone before the leaks predicted the science kid to be the 2nd gym leader, I remember playing the game without looking at any spoilers and wondering if I'd ever see the 2nd gym.
    That's not the first time we've had gyms so far apart, the 2nd and 3rd gyms in DP were so far apart from one another that they were practically on opposite ends of the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    That aside, I've heard that Fantina doesn't speak French in the Japanese versions. So from their perspective, they technically didn't miss out on an opportunity to bring her to Kalos. Of course, that's now. They could very well include her in a remake/sequel, but this is pure speculation.
    That's correct. In the Japanese and French versions she is actually English instead.
    So internationally, it wouldn't make much sense to have her in Kalos.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Yeah. In B2W2, half the map wasn't open until post-game. This time around, all you get is Kiloude and a few caves.
    I would love a beach-side route, but a pretty one, not like Route 8.

When I saw Kiloude's description mentioning Southern Kalos, and its picture on the in-game map, I thought it would be a tropical beach city, or at least located near a huge lake with sands on the edge and palm trees around, mimicking a beach.

GF should have done that......Kiloude would have looked so much better.

Also, is there a town missing on the map between Snowbelle and Anistar? I forget it's name, but either I'm blind or it's not there. (I'm referring to the map that was given out for pre-ordering and such).
    Between Snowbelle and Anistar there's only that snowy route. Maybe you thought the E4 castle (which just happens to be on the other side of the snowy route) is a town.

EDIT : nevermind that, between Snowbelle and Anistar there's Couriway

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Between Snowbelle and Anistar there's only that snowy route. Maybe you thought the E4 castle (which just happens to be on the other side of the snowy route) is a town.
    Between Anistar and Snowbelle sits Couriway Town.

oops, yeah. I somehow mistook Dendemille for Snowbelle

Yeah, between Anistar and Snowbelle there's Couriway. Which GF should totally expand in the future. That unusable train station......

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

oops, yeah. I somehow mistook Dendemille for Snowbelle

Yeah, between Anistar and Snowbelle there's Couriway. Which GF should totally expand in the future. That unusable train station......
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see something done with that in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see something done with that in the sequel.
    New TMV line from Lumiose to Couriway? That back platform in Lumiose Station is unused as well.

Page 312 of 314 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314 LastLast