Page 44 of 314 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Not necessarily. Isshu definitely doesn't sound American-like, and Unova is also much more Latin-like.
    Latin isn't too far off the English language, and "Unova" sounds more romanized in pronunciation than its predecessors. There's a clear contrast for sure, so we can expect a more western name for the English name of the sixth gen region. You're right about the Japanese region name though, and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

I feel as if the most we can ask from CoroCoro is the name and the regional bird/rodent. I don't exactly remember when Zekrom's and Reshiram's types were revealed but I think the earliest we may be able to except them is March. I could be totally wrong though but I at least want a bit more info on the region itself.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Keromatsu View Post
    Latin isn't too far off the English language, and "Unova" sounds more romanized in pronunciation than its predecessors. There's a clear contrast for sure, so we can expect a more western name for the English name of the sixth gen region. You're right about the Japanese region name though, and I doubt that will change anytime soon.
    Well, it is kind of far-off, since English is a Germanic language, not a Romance language (descended from Latin) — and I don't think Unova really sounds more English-like than Sinnoh or Hoenn (you have a point in Kanto and Johto, though).
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I'd possibly expect the name to be based off Gaul, perhaps, if Latin is becoming the go-to. Does anyone think they'll return to having the japanese and american names the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    Creepy.. But imagine an underground area based on the Paris Catacombs, that would be a lot freakier.
    I think we've got a winner here, les catacombs would obviously be the place where we;ll encounter the annoying zubats/woobats + the ghost pokemons,
    it would work,cross finger that gamefreak had this idea.
    ミュウツー

Quote Originally Posted by XxVascoxX View Post
    I think we've got a winner here, les catacombs would obviously be the place where we;ll encounter the annoying zubats/woobats + the ghost pokemons,
    it would work,cross finger that gamefreak had this idea.
    The castelia sewers kinda already did that. I think it could work though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Alternatively, the Pokemon fandom is on a whole entirely unable to be pleased, and no matter what Game Freak does, a loud minority will always ***** about how they could have done it better. :P

Fun with SI prefixes:

What do you call a 2000 g. mockingbird?

2 kilo Mockingbird

That pun was like 1 trillion bulls: terra-bull

'The Catacombs of Paris or Catacombes de Paris are an underground ossuary in Paris, France. Located south of the former city gate, the ossuary holds the remains of about six million people'

Lil extract for you there
    By the sounds of it the catacombs would make an excellent place for dark/ghost types to be found
    just hopefully the six million skeletons won't be included!

Paris_Catacombs_a.jpg

Okay, they may not be able to avoid putting some skulls here and there seeing as the place appears to be made from bones
    Last edited by DannyDark; 22nd January 2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDark View Post
    'The Catacombs of Paris or Catacombes de Paris are an underground ossuary in Paris, France. Located south of the former city gate, the ossuary holds the remains of about six million people'

By the sounds of it the catacombs would make an excellent place for dark/ghost types to be found

Paris_Catacombs_a.jpg

Okay, they may not be able to avoid putting some skulls here and there seeing as the place appears to be made from bones
    Since we all like Paris, would anyone else like if a majority of the game took place in a large city? I mean, imagine like 5x Castelia's size, and you start out the way you did in BW, but then end up in the city, and go in and out for quests/plot?
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Since we all like Paris, would anyone else like if a majority of the game took place in a large city? I mean, imagine like 5x Castelia's size, and you start out the way you did in BW, but then end up in the city, and go in and out for quests/plot?
    I would worry that staying in the city would get stale. I prefer a big, diverse region with lots of variety in terrain as opposed to primarily one setting.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I would worry that staying in the city would get stale. I prefer a big, diverse region with lots of variety in terrain as opposed to primarily one setting.
    I'm not saying stay in the city, but use it as a hub maybe?

The Dream Team:

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

I'm not saying stay in the city, but use it as a hub maybe?
    I dunno, maybe. I've always kind of liked how in Pokemon, I'm not always rooted in one place. It's just kind of drifting around the region and always moving forward. Having to go back to the same spot just wouldn't feel the same to me.

It could be cool if done right, just my initial thoughts.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I dunno, maybe. I've always kind of liked how in Pokemon, I'm not always rooted in one place. It's just kind of drifting around the region and always moving forward. Having to go back to the same spot just wouldn't feel the same to me.

It could be cool if done right, just my initial thoughts.
    That's possible, I'd like a secret base though, or an ampartment, both of which we should be able to install a PC in (my pet peeve about bases)

The Dream Team:

Yeah, I'd quite like the idea of possibly owning a house in one of the towns or cities, just a little place to call my own
    Kinda like the underground bases

Damn you Colegoco, posting that whilst I was typing
    Last edited by DannyDark; 22nd January 2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Blame Colegoco!
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

Paris is actually pretty small, compared to other cities. Just sayin'.

Paris_Catacombs_a.jpg

What if they used the skulls of Pokemon easily recognizable... Like Marowak or Tauros ...
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    What about compared to the 20-building cities that usually compromise the pokemon world.

But back on the topic of homes, I was actually thrilled by the Skyrim update that added more, for anyone who plays the game.
    Last edited by Colegoco; 22nd January 2013 at 11:09 PM.

The Dream Team:

I think it would be cool to have something like an apartment in the Paris-esque city. Make it the coolest place ever...but of course then our house would be useless...oh wait, it already is.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    That doesn't mean that its Pokemon world equivalent has to be. But I doubt it'll be that big unless they start making every city bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Yeah, I'd quite like the idea of possibly owning a house in one of the towns or cities, just a little place to call my own
    Kinda like the underground bases

Damn you Colegoco, posting that whilst I was typing
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    I think it would be cool to have something like an apartment in the Paris-esque city. Make it the coolest place ever...but of course then our house would be useless...oh wait, it already is.
    It's not about being useful, it's about having a little place to create as your own home, maybe Gym Leaders etc... visit, and you have a PC, and you can have pokemon roam around. Like a better Pt Villa.

EDIT: Also, a bit off-topic, let's not add more evo items, and use the 20 WE ALREADY HAVE.

The Dream Team:

It's not about being useful, it's about having a little place to create as your own home, maybe Gym Leaders etc... visit, and you have a PC, and you can have pokemon roam around. Like a better Pt Villa.

EDIT: Also, a bit off-topic, let's not add more evo items, and use the 20 WE ALREADY HAVE.
    Ha and if there's some system of communication the gym leaders could call and be like "Hey I went by your house and you weren't there. Next time on Wednesday at whatever time Game Freak says I have free time, be there!"

Okay that's kinda lame lol.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    Ha and if there's some system of communication the gym leaders could call and be like "Hey I went by your house and you weren't there. Next time on Wednesday at whatever time Game Freak says I have free time, be there!"

Okay that's kinda lame lol.
    Won't it be funny if there was actually character who says stuff like that. Possibly a Psy/Dark gym leader/Elite who goes around breaking the fourth wall....

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    That's precisely why I don't want to see any of these types in the Elite this generation.

I don't want to see Ghost or Ice either.

Hoenn and Sinnoh had no theme for the cities, it's too early to know if this region will have one.
    Hoenn had a theme, it was two words put together to make one word. Littleroot, forttree, mossdeep, oldale

I hope the overall design is more like Hoenn but have the HM reqs of Unova

You can't use the existing items for more evos of past pokemon, lets say we use a kings rock to evolve Tauros, what was stopping it from evolving in platinum etc, I think the only way they could make use of past evolution items is to implement them on new Pokemon, or we can use them on old Pokemon, but the way the evolution occurs is a new method, instead of trade with kingsrock etc

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Hoenn had a theme, it was two words put together to make one word. Littleroot, forttree, mossdeep, oldale
    Also, the all has some sort of plant/natural object.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    You can't use the existing items for more evos of past pokemon, lets say we use a kings rock to evolve Tauros, what was stopping it from evolving in platinum etc, I think the only way they could make use of past evolution items is to implement them on new Pokemon, or we can use them on old Pokemon, but the way the evolution occurs is a new method, instead of trade with kingsrock etc
    OR we didn't know it was compatible in the previous regions, really, it wouldn't be that difficult to correct cannonically.

The Dream Team:

Page 44 of 314 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast