Page 53 of 313 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 7823

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RiRiGaGaLover View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy69kf13dPQ

This is what I was talking about but after I went to the channel I saw that it was uploaded the 10th so surely if it was real someone would have discovered it by now. My bad!
    Considering how apparently there's already a fan-made Fennekin doll on the same day as when the trailer aired, creating a fake 3D trailer within like, 3 days, is not really that impossible.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    All this Fantina talk... it's never actually confirmed in-game that she's from France, is it? All we know is that she is from a place where they speak French as their main language. She could be from the Seychelles or Monaco for all we know.
    In the Japanese games she spoke English. I'd expect he was talking about how she just sounded foreign in all the games she appears in and since this new region is based off that very foreign place, I guess she could probably make a return? Personally she creeps me out.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think it would actually to be cool to have a new region that was more open ended than your traditional pokemon game. Sort of like The Elder Scrolls, but slightly more limited in terms of complete freedom. Such a world would necessarily have to be pretty big, but I think judging from past games, making a large landmass for a region would not be unheard of or incapable for the designers to make. They could simply instead of making the entire region dependent on a few routes/caves/water routes for travel between cities, allow off road travel in the likes of the legend of Zelda games. This will allow you to come in contact with as much territory as you would want to see.
    Like a sandbox game? No, that wouldn't be a good idea at all. The thing with exploration is that while you do gain more freedom, you also lose a sense of direction. If you can literally go in any direction you wish, then how do you know which one will lead you to your destination? That's where it helps to have some sense of linearity, so you have a better understanding of where you're supposed to be going. Sandbox games make it too easy to get lost, considering that Game Freak went as far as making storyline paths that are almost completely straight shots from start to finish because of that issue, they will never do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    However obviously even with the freedom there will be some areas that would not allow free play due to the fact that it has a certain importance in the story. Here I agree that limits such as evil team grunt blocks and under construction areas would fit within the context of the storyline. No more fat dancers saying crap like we’re dancing for no reason and we’ll eventually leave for no reason. That was just the team running out of ideas IMO and or trying to get a cheap laugh out of the player by pushing the fourth wall. But I digress, higher level areas should not be forcibly blocked off through HM areas(more on HMs later), I believe beef gates in the form of high level trainers and wild pokemon would be more than enough to help guide you on your way. Believe me I think all players, even if they are 10 year old kids would do the same thing in this scenario. You come to a junction in the road with your level 10 pokemon, north has level 60s, south has level 35s, west has level 20s, and east has 5-8s, obviously with a little trial and error you would go east. However this also rewards the risk takers, maybe north has a TM26 that you could get if you’re diligent/skilled, maybe south has a lum berry tree etc. This solves the issue of pokemon inexplicably getting stronger for no reason other than it’s further away from the home town. There can be level 40s outside the 2nd gym and level 15s outside the 8th, this makes for a more immersive game world.
    If you must do something like this, at least give the player some warning first. Being forced into a battle in which you have no chance of winning because you picked the wrong way is too punishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Does anybody see there being any form of marine exploring?
    There realy isn't much saying that there would be. I would like marine exploration.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

^
    would like to see the HM Dive return too

They definitely should bring back Dive to its former glory. Underwater would look stunning in 3D, plus it adds depth (both literally and in the sense that it adds complexity) to water routes.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    Well, for the 1st gym they usually do Normal or something two of the starters are super-effective against.
    Have you ever played a pokemon game before? The only time a normal type gym was first was in BW2, its normally been rock (aside from GSC, BW, B2W2)

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Have you ever played a pokemon game before? The only time a normal type gym was first was in BW2, its normally been rock (aside from GSC, BW, B2W2)
    I think they were thinking of Lenora in BW1, who was 2nd.

Anyone else notice that there's been a lot of early game Normal type gym leaders lately? I think they should give that a rest, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post

Anyone else notice that there's been a lot of early game Normal type gym leaders lately? I think they should give that a rest, too.
    ahhh fair enough.

Also, that trailer looks fake, the added scenes all seem out of place other than the big ben one.

Nah. It's fine with me. IMO it's better than another rock gym, but, I doubt they will do a rock gym ( unless Fennekin's second evo is fighting or something else effective against rock ).

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Nah. It's fine with me. IMO it's better than another rock gym, but, I doubt they will do a rock gym ( unless Fennekin's second evo is fighting or something else effective against rock ).
    True, there's only so many viable options for 1st gym types, but I still think they should try something different, the gym selection has gotten a bit too formulaic lately, both in terms of typing and placement.

wouldnt mind a double battle gym again seeing as there was only one of that type (in R/S/E Version) or even a triple/rotation battle gym leader would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Also, that trailer looks fake, the added scenes all seem out of place other than the big ben one.
    It was released by the President of Nintendo himself. Of course it's not fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    You're talking about this one, right:

This thing has fake written all over it, the audio is clearly ripped from the original trailer and synchs up poorly with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post

This thing has fake written all over it, the audio is clearly ripped from the original trailer and synchs up poorly with this one.
    Thats the one, its poorly put together

Those areas shown look pretty good for something fake. Can't believe people actually take time out to do these things lol

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Odin VI View Post
    wouldnt mind a double battle gym again seeing as there was only one of that type (in R/S/E Version) or even a triple/rotation battle gym leader would be fun.
    oh yes. yes please i love double battle (triples not so much) and rotation they are just fun

Quote Originally Posted by RiRiGaGaLover View Post

This is what I was talking about but after I went to the channel I saw that it was uploaded the 10th so surely if it was real someone would have discovered it by now. My bad!
    This is fake but a really good fake

I already said it on top of this page, that video is fake lol

yep, when the fake trailer shows that museum-like hallway, the audio is identical to the one when the real trailer reveal the starters' names

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Names for region if it is in France:

- Liberto
    - Egalito
    - Fraternito
    - Napo
    - Leono
    - Volutio
    - Lepetito
    - Vino
    - Bordo
    - Aparto
    - Franco
    Nothingness

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN KING View Post
    Names for region if it is in France:

- Liberto
    - Egalito
    - Fraternito
    - Napo
    - Leono
    - Volutio
    - Lepetito
    - Vino
    - Bordo
    - Aparto
    - Franco
    Franco would be the besy choice

The region's name will have a deeper meaning than that much like the previous ones.

:: Kanto was named after the actual region it was based after in Japan. So yeah, this one was a bit of an exception.
    :: Johto was named after the kanji "城都", meaning 'castle palace' or 'lattice-shaped palace'. The Johto region is pretty much inspired by old Japanese culture especially in Violet and Ecruteak City where these structures are commonly found.
    :: Hoenn was named after "豊縁", meaning "abundant relations". 'Relationships forged between Pokémon and people' is a common theme in this region.
    :: Sinnoh's name is based on the Sino-Japanese term "神奥", which means "mysterious". This is pretty evident considering the said region is full of myths and legends.
    :: Isshu is named after "一種類" (isshurui), meaning "one variety", while Unova is named after unum (one) and nova (new). Aside from United States of America, which the region is party based at, the English name might be named after the same thing "uno/unum (one) + VAriety". As explained by Masuda, this is to express that even though the region has great diversity in species and race, when seen from a distance they are all the same as living creatures.

So yeah, I think it won't be a simple 'name it after France or anything related to it'.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    The region's name will have a deeper meaning than that much like the previous ones.
    Exactly. It will be related to this region's main theme, it won't be just a reference to its basis.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Exactly. It will be related to this region's main theme, it won't be just a reference to its basis.
    Now I'm wondering what the theme of this region will be.

I know people have said the X and Y thing can't be related to DNA because it's too complex for a kid's game, blah blah, but I find it way too coincidental that right after BW2 with the whole DNA splicing, pokemon-fusing plotline being used for the first time ever, the new games are entitled X and Y and have nothing to do with DNA at all.

If they are DNA related, that could definitely point toward the theme of the region. It would also bring us full circle, right back to the genetic experiments Kanto scientists performed on Mew and Mewtwo.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Now I'm wondering what the theme of this region will be.

I know people have said the X and Y thing can't be related to DNA because it's too complex for a kid's game, blah blah, but I find it way too coincidental that right after BW2 with the whole DNA splicing, pokemon-fusing plotline being used for the first time ever, the new games are entitled X and Y and have nothing to do with DNA at all.

If they are DNA related, that could definitely point toward the theme of the region. It would also bring us full circle, right back to the genetic experiments Kanto scientists performed on Mew and Mewtwo.
    You have a good point there. I don't think it would be too complex for kid's to understand, I mean are kids supposed to understand the relationship of space and time, but that was the theme of gen 4. There has been a consistent theme of DNA splicing and manipulation throughout the Pokemon series, to base an entire generation on that theme only makes sense in my eyes.

Page 53 of 313 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast