Page 6 of 314 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Linearity is a huge part of what's going to make or break this region. Hopefully with the implementation of 3D graphics we can have some large, open spaces for us to explore at our own leisure with minimal restrictions.
    I would love to see a non linear world to explore for Pokemon X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I suspect GameFreak is basing their new regions according to the biggest Pokémon hubs. Just see the countries with full localizations of their own.

When they decided to leave Japan, they went for the US. Now they're going for France. Maybe next they'll do Germany or Italy.
    So what r the places that have the most pokemon fans ?

This may be a long shot, but I'm hoping Hoenn is accessible during the post-game. The route numbers would make sense (new region is 1, 2, 3,... and Hoenn is 101, 102, 103...), and the red/blue theme is reminiscent of Ruby and Sapphire. And of course, if GameFreak is going to skip the RS remake, that would be a great way to satisfy fans of Ruby and Sapphire.

The views truly looked amazing! I wonder what cities will look like now O.o And did I see on the trailer a Pokemon coming out of the grass, where you can see what it is? I hope finding wild Pokemon will actually be like this, but maybe that will be something like the Hidden Grottos

Quote Originally Posted by modelrrguy View Post
    This may be a long shot, but I'm hoping Hoenn is accessible during the post-game. The route numbers would make sense (new region is 1, 2, 3,... and Hoenn is 101, 102, 103...), and the red/blue theme is reminiscent of Ruby and Sapphire. And of course, if GameFreak is going to skip the RS remake, that would be a great way to satisfy fans of Ruby and Sapphire.
    It's fairly safe to say that Hoenn is not going to be in this game. At all. The best you can hope for are remakes way after these games are released.

Quote Originally Posted by modelrrguy View Post
    and the red/blue theme is reminiscent of Ruby and Sapphire
    Again? People said the same thing when the logos for Black 2 and White 2 were revealed ("oh, it's totally a ruby and a sapphire right there"), and look how it went.

I think you guys are just seeing what you want to see, and you'll probably say this every time a red/blue color scheme pops up.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

It's fairly safe to say that Hoenn is not going to be in this game. At all. The best you can hope for are remakes way after these games are released.
    how can you be sure ?

Again? People said the same thing when the logos for Black 2 and White 2 were revealed ("oh, it's totally a ruby and a sapphire right there"), and look how it went.
    excatly !

so we cant say anything at this point

Linearity is a huge part of what's going to make or break this region. Hopefully with the implementation of 3D graphics we can have some large, open spaces for us to explore at our own leisure with minimal restrictions.
    Just don't make it too open, I got fusterated many times during Sinnoh getting lost a bunch of times not knowing where to go next.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

france is such a cool place to show the 3D, it is as they say in the trailer, breath-taking 3D.
    the areas already look exciting and lovely with the blue skies and glittering water ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zero38 View Post
    france is such a cool place to show the 3D, it is as they say in the trailer, breath-taking 3D.
    the areas already look exciting and lovely with the blue skies and glittering water ^^
    I agree, the Eiffel tower looked amazing! It would be cool if each city was based on different places of Europe. Like, one with Berlin, another with London and the red light district

I think stuffing so much of Europe into a single region would be wasting potential from the countries that could even be used for other regions. Every country in Europe has its own identity and its particularities, and they could produce regions as diverse between themselves as the ones based in Japan.

I honestly don't know why people would like this region to be Europe all-in-one. Just a haste to see the other parts of the continent pokémon-ed, even if it feels crammed and superficial?
    You could say the same for the U.S., and yet they chose one small area from the entire country and added a bit of those other cultures into the region and claimed that that represented the entire U.S. I think they'll do the same here, the area itself will be based on France, but the culture will be based on Europe in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    how can you be sure ?
    I'm not, I just don't particularly want to see the inevitable influx of Hoenn and remake spam coming in again. The presentation is over, Iwata said nothing about Hoenn remakes, let's leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Just don't make it too open, I got fusterated many times during Sinnoh getting lost a bunch of times not knowing where to go next.
    Obviously there is a line between having enough to explore and having too much (Twilight Princess suffered from this a lot) but I think GF would have learned their lessons from previous regions and gauged a good exploration level in a 3D environment. In any case, that's a matter of linearity you're talking about, not openness. You could potentially have very very open places but very strict linearity at the same time.
    Last edited by Poetry; 8th January 2013 at 5:51 PM.

I think you guys are just seeing what you want to see, and you'll probably say this every time a red/blue color scheme pops up.
    Well I know the red/blue scheme proves absolutely nothing, but at least it would be consistent. Since details on this game are so scarce, one can hope.

France seems a safe bet. It has a lot to offer geographically. It's large, has a wide range of environments and I'd argue has more noticeably recognisable cultural facets and stereotypes associated to it. (the food, architecture, fashion, museums/arts, etc).

As for those who argue "there's no desert in France", well there's no desert in NY or Kyushu, yet there were deserts in Unova and Hoenn.

Round and Round and Round he goes~

Was it just me, or was the one building looking a little like the palace of versailles?
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecherom View Post
    Was it just me, or was the one building looking a little like the palace of versailles?
    It does look like it, I think someone said it in this thread.

the areas are great, when I opened youtube and before I pressed the nintendo direct livestream I missed, I saw: Pokemon X and Y update news, I thought: wtf?, after seeing how different it is from usual and how great the areas are, I thought: AWESOME

I hope more city and route information comes soon, this isn't enough for me!

It does look like it, I think someone said it in this thread.
    Oh really haven't been on the thread, just posting my opinion. As for the people speculating that it's going to be all of Europe, or major cities, I must say I do not concur. I feel as if a lot of the cultures are too different, and that the game would be very choppy. Just imagine one second be in France, and another second being in Russia. That would be ridiculous.
    Regional Favorites

I'll tell you thing i'm looking forward to is finding out how much more detailed things are with it being on the 3DS, i'm going to make the assumption that the region will be bigger then previous ones and most likely have many more secret areas to explore.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

Quote Originally Posted by Vecherom View Post
    Oh really haven't been on the thread, just posting my opinion. As for the people speculating that it's going to be all of Europe, or major cities, I must say I do not concur. I feel as if a lot of the cultures are too different, and that the game would be very choppy. Just imagine one second be in France, and another second being in Russia. That would be ridiculous.
    I don't really think we're going to see a massive wave of French culture pressed upon us. If you think about it, the first four regions in Pokemon were all based on Japan but the only region which really showed obvious signs of Japanese culture was Johto, with Ecruteak City. All of the other locations could have easily been based on numerous locations around the world, not just Japan.

Just imagine one second be in France, and another second being in Russia. That would be ridiculous.
    If this new region were to hypothetically loosely follow the geography of Europe, they probably wouldn't be a second away from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Pspaans View Post
    the areas are great, when I opened youtube and before I pressed the nintendo direct livestream I missed, I saw: Pokemon X and Y update news, I thought: wtf?, after seeing how different it is from usual and how great the areas are, I thought: AWESOME

I hope more city and route information comes soon, this isn't enough for me!
    We'll probably get a few more screenshots in the new CoroCoro on the 15th. Maybe even a silhouette.

I know sinnoh was based off of Hokkaido, but the way the trainers looked in d/p along with the music and fantina kind of reminded me of france..
    All I know is that in the XY trailer, the protagonist looks way too similar to Hilbert, and that there is a lot of Unova pokemon there..
    3DS Friend Code: 4210-4695-6300
    PM me if you want to exchange FCs!

I WANT FENNEKIN NOW! QAQ

Im actually most excited for the new region/ new pokemon aspect more so than mechanics. Whether it be only France or all of Europe it will only be loosely based, and be extremely exciting to explore. Do you think that (Assuming it's only France) France was a good choice? It's certainly different with Paris, the southern sea area, and the farms, but we also have pokemon that already remind me of France. Mismagius, Chandelure, and Ninetales have always reminded me of the country. There are a few more that are eluding me right now.
    Regional Favorites

Some people are pointing out there are places in the trailer that look like the Vaux-le-Vicomte Chateau and Pic du Midi de Bigorre (besides the obvious Eiffel Tower).

(I don't see reason to expect much more of Europe in it, since it's France Masuda was visiting.)

Page 6 of 314 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast