Page 63 of 313 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 7807

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Kinda like the Lost Tower in Johto reaches Hoenn. I guess this gen when RSEmakes come we're gonna get Johto too, eh?
    Wasn't Embedded Tower just built by people from Hoenn? Though I wouldn't say no to having Johto return in the Hoenn remakes, that would be great.
    Latest Shiny (X):

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Good god is everyone's sarcasm meter off today. While it was built by people from Hoenn, it was also built as a bridge between the two region. It and the Shinjoh ruins are middle points apparently, so yeah. But that's not the point. The point is, does anyone else expect some form of region art?
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Actually, iirc he ran out of money to actually build the place :P
    Oh yeah, but that poor Machop is still running around in HG/SS.

Good god is everyone's sarcasm meter off today. While it was built by people from Hoenn, it was also built as a bridge between the two region. It and the Shinjoh ruins are middle points apparently, so yeah. But that's not the point. The point is, does anyone else expect some form of region art?
    If by region art, you mean region art, then i'm hoping they got more of those renaissance style (i'm just throwing the phrase around lightly here) buildings and sculptures, and perhaps paintings. Not real nitpicky about which specific art era they should focus on, but it would be cool to see a huge Baroque painting with pokemon subjects instead.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    If by region art, you mean region art, then i'm hoping they got more of those renaissance style (i'm just throwing the phrase around lightly here) buildings and sculptures, and perhaps paintings. Not real nitpicky about which specific art era they should focus on, but it would be cool to see a huge Baroque painting with pokemon subjects instead.
    Baroque is too damn depressing, I personally would love a Rococo painting instead.

Anyone hoping on an expansive region? GF could fit most of Europe into this game, and if we only have about 20 routes (numbered) then I will freak.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Probably because it's so out of place and out of the norm from regular routes/cities/buildins. That why people knew that the roller coaster shot from the first b/w trailer was a gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Please, it's got gimmick written all over it, it's a once off thing like the roller coaster.

Also, for those people who wanna go back to Unova, why? It was the worst region by miles. It would be so redundant to go back to it, and why would game freak make it the centre of 2 games and then revamp it completely to fit into the new 3D world they have created, seems pointless.
    Gimmick =/= gym puzzle, they can put gimmicks wherever they want. Chargestone Cave had moveable stones, are you going to claim Chargestone Cave should've been a gym now?

Anyway, I can't say this is a gym puzzle solely based on that clip, it's not really as artificial as most gyms are. For all we know they could've put these paths up through an actual forest or jungle to make it traversible for trainers. There's absolutely nothing in that clip that definitively proves it's a gym.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I don't get why people don't want to see Unova again. I want to see how it has developed after bw2. We might finally get to see a grown up Iris and not a little Iris in a big dress .
    Probably because going through the same region 3 times in a row is really boring. Plus, a lot of people hated Unova's regional design, and I think if we're ever going to go back there at all, let alone anytime soon, they need to make drastic changes to its design to remove the linearity issue.

Anyway, why are people assuming that this region is a far away one like Unova. The sign-post with the number 3 doesn't have to be the Route Number. It could just signify the distance to the next city or something
    That same route symbol is used with the signboards in BW2 when you enter the area, it's quite obviously marking the route number. Besides, how does distance make any sense in a Pokemon game? We have no sense of scale except for the number of steps, and it definitely takes more than 3 to get to that city in the distance.

Or if that is a route number, that could be route 3 of Unova ( albeit changed because of different time frames ).
    Nah, the geography doesn't match up. First of all, from that viewpoint you would most likely be near the Day Care, but even that doesn't match up because you'd be able to see Wellspring Cave. Second, Unova Rt. 3 isn't that hilly. Third, the city is way too elegant to be Nacrene City. It's just too different to be Unova Rt. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    I think they are planning something really big on the Wii U with 2 or 3 regions, if not all, hence the lack of a Stadium-style Gen 5 game on a home console.
    Please, no more Stadium/Battle Revolution type games, they're extremely pointless. The only real draw to those games is battling with your Pokemon on the big screen. I'd rather have a full adventure like Colosseum and XD.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi007 View Post
    I think it would be great if X and Y focus on the new region, and then a few years later we get a Hoenn remake, or even sequel, where you can also visit Unova. I know they're supposed to be far away from each other, but they introduced planes in Gen V, so what's to stop there being an airstrip somewhere like Slateport City, or even a completely new area/island? I think it'd be great, as Hoenn and Unova are my two favourite regions.
    They have nothing to do with each other and are too far away from each other. It's not like Kanto and Johto, where you could literally walk between the two.

EDIT: And I wouldn't want to see a game that features multiple regions in any game again, that leads to a whole lot of distribution and design issues. I mean, look at GSCHGSS, both regions are pretty small compared to independent regions like Hoenn and Sinnoh. Plus there's issues with leveling and pacing (a lot of the trainers throughout the game were underleveled, as well as the Pokemon in Kanto). And not to mention Pokemon distribution, where you have about a dozen or so Pokemon that you can't catch until Kanto that you should be able to (why the hell are there Johto lines only in Kanto?), and a pretty bad balance of Pokemon throughout the game thanks to a loosely defined post game (is Kanto considered the main game or post game? Because you could argue either one). So no more multiple regions please, there's too many problems with that.

Anyway, I'd like to see other regions get BW2 style sequels, particularly Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn (and maybe later they can give Unova another one when they've mastered the idea and can give it proper regional design). Hoenn has a lot of interesting things they could do with the regional design because the original RSE had the most unintuitive storyline path ever (especially between the 1st and 4th gyms). Kanto and Johto could use one because they're too small and dependent on each other, they each feel like half a region in a sense. So what they could do with that is cut off access to the other region, expand the regions to about Hoenn or Sinnoh size with a bigger variety of areas, gyms that are more spread out through the region, and a bit more emphasis on exploration. Also, the Pokedexes for both are absolutely unacceptable by modern standards (in particular, not enough Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Steel types), they could revamp them with newer Pokemon to balance things out. But yeah, there's a lot of potential with BW2 style games, I'm hoping they'll continue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Anyone hoping on an expansive region? GF could fit most of Europe into this game, and if we only have about 20 routes (numbered) then I will freak.
    I'll say this much, if we get anything like Unova, I probably won't be buying this game, I'm sick of Unova's linear design, it ruins the adventure feel.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 7th February 2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

Pretty sure you mean map art, like we usually get. Like, places covered by clouds and stuff. Yeah, I would love to see that soon, but I wouldn't bank on it. Maybe in another month of two...
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

While it was built by people from Hoenn, it was also built as a bridge between the two region. It and the Shinjoh ruins are middle points apparently, so yeah. But that's not the point.
    Are you saying that Hoenn is literally right near Johto, or that it's just a way of them adding a bit of their culture to Johto? Because if it's the former, then why the hell can we not go to Hoenn, it should be right next door.

The point is, does anyone else expect some form of region art?
    Probably not for at least a month or two. It's too early to be in the next Corocoro.
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Probably not for at least a month or two. It's too early to be in the next Corocoro.
    When is the next Corocoro? Sometime this month, yeah?
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Hopefully within a week

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Corocoro releases the 15th of each month, but we typically get scans a few days earlier (typically around the 12th). So expect them within the next week.

Are you saying that Hoenn is literally right near Johto, or that it's just a way of them adding a bit of their culture to Johto? Because if it's the former, then why the hell can we not go to Hoenn, it should be right next door.

It ran deep underground to the ocean as well, so I expect to some extent there would be a diveable tunnel that links to Hoenn. As for the region map, its not too early. Starters and Legendaries have been revealed which are usually the first things along with protags and the region, and they should be next. Whatever we get in May-September should apply to January-May, with the other 5 months covering more stuff as well. There has always been a lacking feeling when it comes to info, so hopefully those 5 months do something.
    BLAH

It ran deep underground to the ocean as well, so I expect to some extent there would be a diveable tunnel that links to Hoenn.
    Ah, that makes sense. But isn't Hoenn supposed to be far south of Johto and Kanto? I don't think a tunnel connecting Johto and Hoenn would be very feasible.

As for the region map, its not too early. Starters and Legendaries have been revealed which are usually the first things along with protags and the region, and they should be next. Whatever we get in May-September should apply to January-May, with the other 5 months covering more stuff as well. There has always been a lacking feeling when it comes to info, so hopefully those 5 months do something.
    Yeah, we could use some concept art for the protagonists, maybe the region, too.

So here's how I think it might go:

February:
    -concept art for the protagonists and maybe the professor
    -some details on Xerneas and Yveltal (type, abilities, etc.)
    -reveal of some of the more common new Pokemon seen throughout the game (regional bird, regional rodent, regional bug, etc.)
    -maybe a map of the region (if not February then certainly March)
    -more screenshots of new areas

March:
    -region map if they haven't revealed it already
    -more new Pokemon, maybe some more recurring Pokemon and/or some new evolutions (the new Eeveelution might be revealed around this time if there really is one) and maybe a few past gen regional dex Pokemon
    -new features (whatever they're doing to happiness, something that uses Streetpass, etc.)
    -maybe some plot related details such as the new evil team

April and onwards:
    -Gradual reveal of more and more new Pokemon
    -reveal of more new features and new characters

Come to think of it, since they're marketing this as a more global game with the simultaneous release and all, do you think we'll start to get info from non-Japanese sources as well?

E3 media blowout is definitely gonna happen, no way Nintendo's gonna skip it. Pokemon has its own PR machine of its own, but lets be honest, E3 would be the best place to get attention for it at criticial levels. Considering how this is not the topic, lets steer back to the real topic:
    The region. I have some kind of idea, what the region will be. I posted this on BMGF as well:

I doubt we're going to get much in terms of region size being a real world country or countries equivalent. I'm assuming at best we'll be getting Ile-de-France,Picardy,Centre,, and Upper Normandy as the basis, with the worst case being Picardy and Champagne only. All regions have been cities and their surrounding areas, and to an extent even Sinnoh and Hoenn do that as they both have 1 major city and thats basically it.
    I mean take real world sizes for an example:
    Kanto-Chubu= 32,423.90+72,572.34=Roughly 105.000 square km
    Kyushu= 35,640 square km
    Hokkaido= 83,453.57 square km
    NYC(1,213)+Hudson/Bergen County(799.875)=2012.875 square km

And you now have an idea of what the region is going to be when it comes to France. NYC was the worst possible place to base a region on, as its the smallest. It mucked thing up big time, and considering how big it is in-game, we might never get the scale of it next to the other regions. It might be big, say for the Pokenippon, but super tiny for PokeUS, or vice versa. Paris would remedy some of it sort of, as its fairly big, and the geography is kind of unique. With some imagination it could be done, however my biggest fear is of Ile De France's Poke-filter will turn it into a sideway's Unova. The literal translation is Isle of France, so who knows. It does have more then 2 rivers, so the region could be fairly interesting, perhaps giving us a very thoughtful region, with one massive Island in the middle, and lots of rivers about it, with large landlocked chunks that go off map.

As a note:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regions_of_France
    The regions I mention would give us a real world area roughly 82879 square km, the size of Sinnoh's real world counterpart. It would be as big as Hoenn however, with some sea, but a good amount of land. It cuts off in a logical way in real life, and the multiple rivers of Ile De france can offer some variety. Best part is that it also allows some post game Britain, thanks the the sea that is reached.
    BLAH

I hope that they release at least one new gym leader a month.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Ah, that makes sense. But isn't Hoenn supposed to be far south of Johto and Kanto? I don't think a tunnel connecting Johto and Hoenn would be very feasible.
    Well it's Pokemon, nothing really ever makes sense in the Pokemon universe.

It would be awesome if there were sky areas, with wild Pokémon is cloud patches. You could access them in certain spots with Fly, it would be kinda like Dive but in the sky.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Come to think of it, since they're marketing this as a more global game with the simultaneous release and all, do you think we'll start to get info from non-Japanese sources as well?
    Well, the Japanese websites for the previous games were always updated on the 15th of each month with all content and artwork previously seen on CoroCoro. Maybe this time all international websites for X and Y will be updated simultaneously on the 15th with the new info.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627
    [img]http://i47.*******.com/2cr9dn8.png[/img]
    "Hey! I was looking forward to seeing you! My rival should be strong to keep me sharp."
    Your rival would like to battle!

I really hope that they don't try to squeeze in the whole of Europe in this region. France and a bit of post game Britain will do IMO.
    Leave the other European countries for other regions.
    @Ver-mont : The Pokemon US/UK site did mention that they would update with new info, so there is nothing stopping them from updating at the same time Japan gets the news.

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    It would be awesome if there were sky areas, with wild Pokémon is cloud patches. You could access them in certain spots with Fly, it would be kinda like Dive but in the sky.

That would be cool. But I don't see that happening this gen...

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I hope we get the new regions name in this month corocoro!

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    Whoa! that's really creative! I actually think that would be fun!

France is a great place to have a region. Mountains, countryside, towns, cities, It'll be great.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    I hope we get the new regions name in this month corocoro!

Whoa! that's really creative! I actually think that would be fun!
    I want actual details in this months CoroCoro. Like region name, or maybe
    Official Protagonist names and artwork. Something that'll keep up our appetite.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I hope that they release at least one new gym leader a month.
    I don't think if tht will happen, Since, not all pokemons have been released. The gym leaders won't be released without their pokemon.

But, if u are talking about the Leaders only and their types, I am also up for it.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Page 63 of 313 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast