Page 64 of 313 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 7807

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I don't think if tht will happen, Since, not all pokemons have been released. The gym leaders won't be released without their pokemon.

But, if u are talking about the Leaders only and their types, I am also up for it.
    I agree with the last bit.
    Or at least give us gym types, if there not ready to release the gym leader artwork or names just yet.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I bet the region name will come in March. I hope that it's as cool as Unova.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I want actual details in this months CoroCoro. Like region name, or maybe
    Official Protagonist names and artwork. Something that'll keep up our appetite.
    We probably will be getting that much.

I don't think if tht will happen, Since, not all pokemons have been released. The gym leaders won't be released without their pokemon.

But, if u are talking about the Leaders only and their types, I am also up for it.
    We didn't know Roxie or Marlon's team when they were first revealed (although we did correctly assume that she would have a member of the Venipede line based on her guitar), why do we need their teams so soon? In fact, IIRC we never do find them out until the game is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

What do you guys think they might do for visuals? I mean like, Castelia city for example. That city was something we have never seen before in a pokemon game. That city was the king of all pokemon cities and was the crown of the region. They loved showing it off before B&W came out to get everyone all excited, and we were. And keep in mind, that was only the DS. The 3DS is capable of so much much more, so only imagine what they can give us now. I'm hoping ALL or most of the cities will be something like Castelia, rather than cities being made up of 4 or 5 houses like usual. Or maybe they will just add another huge city again except big and more graphically detailed. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaGrin96 View Post
    What do you guys think they might do for visuals? I mean like, Castelia city for example. That city was something we have never seen before in a pokemon game. That city was the king of all pokemon cities and was the crown of the region. They loved showing it off before B&W came out to get everyone all excited, and we were. And keep in mind, that was only the DS. The 3DS is capable of so much much more, so only imagine what they can give us now. I'm hoping ALL or most of the cities will be something like Castelia, rather than cities being made up of 4 or 5 houses like usual. Or maybe they will just add another huge city again except big and more graphically detailed. Thoughts?
    I'm thinking we'll see a lot more areas that use different camera angles based on the situation, but aside from that, IDK what else they can do.
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaGrin96 View Post
    I'm actually having pretty high expectations for this game right now. It looks very nice, and I'm hoping after playing this game, Castelia City will feel like nothing.

Also, not sure if this has been discussed before, but that statue in the last picture looks very familiar...

My FC: 3225-4376-5228
    [My Trade Shop | My Profile | TEG | Club Double Trouble]

I agree with the last bit.
    Or at least give us gym types, if there not ready to release the gym leader artwork or names just yet.

Yeah I agree. It is a bit soon to know gym teams, we don't een have the full dex yet, sooo, it would just not make sense chronologically.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

The DARK gym should definitely be made this generation.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

The DARK gym should definitely be made this generation.

I think this is more then inevitable. I don't think Gamefreak will overlook that.
    I mean c'mon, if the fans have took notice, chances are the creators have too.
    Though to be honest I'm just hoping for a Normal Type E4 member.
    Put Whitney and Norman to shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm thinking we'll see a lot more areas that use different camera angles based on the situation, but aside from that, IDK what else they can do.
    I've got something which I've been longing to see in the series ever since well, forever.

CUTSCENES.

The age of sprites has past, now with proper 3D graphics we can see actual character movements and facial expressions properly. Along with the addition of a free camera, I'm expecting a lot of impressive, cinematic cutscenes to aid the story. We've already had a taste of them in B/W2 but there's only so much you can do with characters when they're represented by just plain sprites.
    In terms of the region, perhaps we can have short Skyward Sword-esque cutscenes before the PC enters a significant area, to build drama? Would be impressive when entering the E4, etc.

I'd really like if the new region has secret bases like back in RSE. Those were pretty cool, way better than the underground bases in DPP.
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    I'd really like if the new region has secret bases like back in RSE. Those were pretty cool, way better than the underground bases in DPP.
    Yeaaaaaah! I loved that. It was awesome, although they could make it less pointless.
    Maybe Play Coins could even purchase furniture.

I really feel that they are looking more and more to appease older fans nowadays ( while still getting new fans to the franchise as they always do ) . For eg, the PWT can only be appreciated to the fullest by older fans. Masuda did say in a interview that "When we set out, we had many who thought [Pokemon] was too much of a kid's game. We wanted to expand our audience, and in doing that, we decided to enrich the story."
    That is why I feel that x/y are going to reference previous gens. Maybe previous characters or even previous gens ! *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Yeaaaaaah! I loved that. It was awesome, although they could make it less pointless.
    Maybe Play Coins could even purchase furniture.
    Also that'd be cool if you could connect to wi-fi to visit other people's secret bases!

I agree with whoever said cutscenes, though Pokémon games are usually not the most story-heavy games. A few good cutscenes here and there would be nice.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    That is why I feel that x/y are going to reference previous gens. Maybe previous characters or even previous gens ! *fingers crossed*
    Most likely in post game and if not, the third installment. Only time will tell though. Personally I don't mind just all new characters or a few familiar faces showing up in the new region.

I really want to see Lance in this game even if he doesn't have a big role, just something like Cynthia in BW.

Yeah, I like the idea of having a base that other people can visit over wifi, they could even include a way to show off any pokemon that you're proud of (which could also promote trading)
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?” - Meowth

Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

But especially those with Ditto or Chansey safaris!

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I've got something which I've been longing to see in the series ever since well, forever.

CUTSCENES.

The age of sprites has past, now with proper 3D graphics we can see actual character movements and facial expressions properly. Along with the addition of a free camera, I'm expecting a lot of impressive, cinematic cutscenes to aid the story. We've already had a taste of them in B/W2 but there's only so much you can do with characters when they're represented by just plain sprites.
    In terms of the region, perhaps we can have short Skyward Sword-esque cutscenes before the PC enters a significant area, to build drama? Would be impressive when entering the E4, etc.

Cutscenes have been around since Emerald.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    I'm actually having pretty high expectations for this game right now. It looks very nice, and I'm hoping after playing this game, Castelia City will feel like nothing.

Also, not sure if this has been discussed before, but that statue in the last picture looks very familiar...
    Nimbasa and Castelia are my favorite game cities. The thing about Castelia is that most of the buildings didn't have entrances and the people were all like robots. I'm hoping for the city to be more aware of their surroundings in this game hopefully. Nimbasa was great. But too much going on. Maybe they might can have a tree house kind of city like with Foretree city in Emerald since you can swing on trees in this game.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Cutscenes have been around since Emerald.
    Yes, but the ones in X and Y should be ten times better than past ones, with everything being in full 3D.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Yes, but the ones in X and Y should be ten times better than past ones, with everything being in full 3D.
    And the pixel quality stinks. It looks like somebody filmed it with a 10˘ camera out of a cereal box.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    And the pixel quality stinks. It looks like somebody filmed it with a 10˘ camera out of a cereal box.
    Remember, they had to animate it and all that crap...

Anyone hoping for a UK region/Area/Sub-Region?

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post

CUTSCENES.

I'm not sure we'll get much more than we did in 5th gen, they don't really add much to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDark View Post
    Yeah, I like the idea of having a base that other people can visit over wifi, they could even include a way to show off any pokemon that you're proud of (which could also promote trading)
    You could battle people in their Secret Bases in RSE, why not just stick with that?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Anyone hoping for a UK region/Area/Sub-Region?
    That'd be cool for post game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I agree with whoever said cutscenes, though Pokémon games are usually not the most story-heavy games. A few good cutscenes here and there would be nice.
    Gen V was pretty story heavy pre-Champion.

I hope that the region(s) makes full use of the 3DS... Overall beterness then the DS family.

Page 64 of 313 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast