Page 64 of 313 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 7807

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #1576
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I don't think if tht will happen, Since, not all pokemons have been released. The gym leaders won't be released without their pokemon.

    But, if u are talking about the Leaders only and their types, I am also up for it.
    I agree with the last bit.
    Or at least give us gym types, if there not ready to release the gym leader artwork or names just yet.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  2. #1577
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    I bet the region name will come in March. I hope that it's as cool as Unova.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  3. #1578
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    8,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I want actual details in this months CoroCoro. Like region name, or maybe
    Official Protagonist names and artwork. Something that'll keep up our appetite.
    We probably will be getting that much.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I don't think if tht will happen, Since, not all pokemons have been released. The gym leaders won't be released without their pokemon.

    But, if u are talking about the Leaders only and their types, I am also up for it.
    We didn't know Roxie or Marlon's team when they were first revealed (although we did correctly assume that she would have a member of the Venipede line based on her guitar), why do we need their teams so soon? In fact, IIRC we never do find them out until the game is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

  4. #1579
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Murica'
    Posts
    1

    Default

    What do you guys think they might do for visuals? I mean like, Castelia city for example. That city was something we have never seen before in a pokemon game. That city was the king of all pokemon cities and was the crown of the region. They loved showing it off before B&W came out to get everyone all excited, and we were. And keep in mind, that was only the DS. The 3DS is capable of so much much more, so only imagine what they can give us now. I'm hoping ALL or most of the cities will be something like Castelia, rather than cities being made up of 4 or 5 houses like usual. Or maybe they will just add another huge city again except big and more graphically detailed. Thoughts?

  5. #1580
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    8,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaGrin96 View Post
    What do you guys think they might do for visuals? I mean like, Castelia city for example. That city was something we have never seen before in a pokemon game. That city was the king of all pokemon cities and was the crown of the region. They loved showing it off before B&W came out to get everyone all excited, and we were. And keep in mind, that was only the DS. The 3DS is capable of so much much more, so only imagine what they can give us now. I'm hoping ALL or most of the cities will be something like Castelia, rather than cities being made up of 4 or 5 houses like usual. Or maybe they will just add another huge city again except big and more graphically detailed. Thoughts?
    I'm thinking we'll see a lot more areas that use different camera angles based on the situation, but aside from that, IDK what else they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

  6. #1581
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaGrin96 View Post
    What do you guys think they might do for visuals? I mean like, Castelia city for example. That city was something we have never seen before in a pokemon game. That city was the king of all pokemon cities and was the crown of the region. They loved showing it off before B&W came out to get everyone all excited, and we were. And keep in mind, that was only the DS. The 3DS is capable of so much much more, so only imagine what they can give us now. I'm hoping ALL or most of the cities will be something like Castelia, rather than cities being made up of 4 or 5 houses like usual. Or maybe they will just add another huge city again except big and more graphically detailed. Thoughts?
    I'm actually having pretty high expectations for this game right now. It looks very nice, and I'm hoping after playing this game, Castelia City will feel like nothing.

    Also, not sure if this has been discussed before, but that statue in the last picture looks very familiar...


    My FC: 3225-4376-5228
    [My Trade Shop | My Profile | TEG | Club Double Trouble]



  7. #1582
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    I don't think if tht will happen, Since, not all pokemons have been released. The gym leaders won't be released without their pokemon.

    But, if u are talking about the Leaders only and their types, I am also up for it.
    I agree with the last bit.
    Or at least give us gym types, if there not ready to release the gym leader artwork or names just yet.

    Yeah I agree. It is a bit soon to know gym teams, we don't een have the full dex yet, sooo, it would just not make sense chronologically.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  8. #1583
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    896

    Default

    The DARK gym should definitely be made this generation.
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

  9. #1584
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    The DARK gym should definitely be made this generation.

    I think this is more then inevitable. I don't think Gamefreak will overlook that.
    I mean c'mon, if the fans have took notice, chances are the creators have too.
    Though to be honest I'm just hoping for a Normal Type E4 member.
    Put Whitney and Norman to shame!

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  10. #1585
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Where love doesn't reach
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm thinking we'll see a lot more areas that use different camera angles based on the situation, but aside from that, IDK what else they can do.
    I've got something which I've been longing to see in the series ever since well, forever.

    CUTSCENES.

    The age of sprites has past, now with proper 3D graphics we can see actual character movements and facial expressions properly. Along with the addition of a free camera, I'm expecting a lot of impressive, cinematic cutscenes to aid the story. We've already had a taste of them in B/W2 but there's only so much you can do with characters when they're represented by just plain sprites.
    In terms of the region, perhaps we can have short Skyward Sword-esque cutscenes before the PC enters a significant area, to build drama? Would be impressive when entering the E4, etc.

  11. #1586
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange Islands
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I'd really like if the new region has secret bases like back in RSE. Those were pretty cool, way better than the underground bases in DPP.
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

  12. #1587
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    I'd really like if the new region has secret bases like back in RSE. Those were pretty cool, way better than the underground bases in DPP.
    Yeaaaaaah! I loved that. It was awesome, although they could make it less pointless.
    Maybe Play Coins could even purchase furniture.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  13. #1588
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    I really feel that they are looking more and more to appease older fans nowadays ( while still getting new fans to the franchise as they always do ) . For eg, the PWT can only be appreciated to the fullest by older fans. Masuda did say in a interview that "When we set out, we had many who thought [Pokemon] was too much of a kid's game. We wanted to expand our audience, and in doing that, we decided to enrich the story."
    That is why I feel that x/y are going to reference previous gens. Maybe previous characters or even previous gens ! *fingers crossed*

  14. #1589
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange Islands
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Yeaaaaaah! I loved that. It was awesome, although they could make it less pointless.
    Maybe Play Coins could even purchase furniture.
    Also that'd be cool if you could connect to wi-fi to visit other people's secret bases!
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

  15. #1590
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Krypton
    Posts
    2,488

    Default

    I agree with whoever said cutscenes, though Pokémon games are usually not the most story-heavy games. A few good cutscenes here and there would be nice.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

  16. #1591
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    That is why I feel that x/y are going to reference previous gens. Maybe previous characters or even previous gens ! *fingers crossed*
    Most likely in post game and if not, the third installment. Only time will tell though. Personally I don't mind just all new characters or a few familiar faces showing up in the new region.

  17. #1592
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange Islands
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I really want to see Lance in this game even if he doesn't have a big role, just something like Cynthia in BW.
    ~6th Generation Here We Come~

  18. #1593
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Yeah, I like the idea of having a base that other people can visit over wifi, they could even include a way to show off any pokemon that you're proud of (which could also promote trading)
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

    ...well, who knows?” - Meowth

    Friend Code: 1220 - 6368 - 0567
    Will add anyone!
    PM me if you add me with your FC!

    But especially those with Ditto or Chansey safaris!

  19. #1594
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I've got something which I've been longing to see in the series ever since well, forever.

    CUTSCENES.

    The age of sprites has past, now with proper 3D graphics we can see actual character movements and facial expressions properly. Along with the addition of a free camera, I'm expecting a lot of impressive, cinematic cutscenes to aid the story. We've already had a taste of them in B/W2 but there's only so much you can do with characters when they're represented by just plain sprites.
    In terms of the region, perhaps we can have short Skyward Sword-esque cutscenes before the PC enters a significant area, to build drama? Would be impressive when entering the E4, etc.

    Cutscenes have been around since Emerald.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  20. #1595
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    I'm actually having pretty high expectations for this game right now. It looks very nice, and I'm hoping after playing this game, Castelia City will feel like nothing.

    Also, not sure if this has been discussed before, but that statue in the last picture looks very familiar...
    Nimbasa and Castelia are my favorite game cities. The thing about Castelia is that most of the buildings didn't have entrances and the people were all like robots. I'm hoping for the city to be more aware of their surroundings in this game hopefully. Nimbasa was great. But too much going on. Maybe they might can have a tree house kind of city like with Foretree city in Emerald since you can swing on trees in this game.

    My ideal battle ever!

  21. #1596
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Krypton
    Posts
    2,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Cutscenes have been around since Emerald.
    Yes, but the ones in X and Y should be ten times better than past ones, with everything being in full 3D.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

  22. #1597
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Yes, but the ones in X and Y should be ten times better than past ones, with everything being in full 3D.
    And the pixel quality stinks. It looks like somebody filmed it with a 10˘ camera out of a cereal box.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  23. #1598
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    And the pixel quality stinks. It looks like somebody filmed it with a 10˘ camera out of a cereal box.
    Remember, they had to animate it and all that crap...

    Anyone hoping for a UK region/Area/Sub-Region?

  24. #1599
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    8,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I've got something which I've been longing to see in the series ever since well, forever.

    CUTSCENES.

    The age of sprites has past, now with proper 3D graphics we can see actual character movements and facial expressions properly. Along with the addition of a free camera, I'm expecting a lot of impressive, cinematic cutscenes to aid the story. We've already had a taste of them in B/W2 but there's only so much you can do with characters when they're represented by just plain sprites.
    In terms of the region, perhaps we can have short Skyward Sword-esque cutscenes before the PC enters a significant area, to build drama? Would be impressive when entering the E4, etc.
    I'm not sure we'll get much more than we did in 5th gen, they don't really add much to the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDark View Post
    Yeah, I like the idea of having a base that other people can visit over wifi, they could even include a way to show off any pokemon that you're proud of (which could also promote trading)
    You could battle people in their Secret Bases in RSE, why not just stick with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Anyone hoping for a UK region/Area/Sub-Region?
    That'd be cool for post game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

  25. #1600
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I agree with whoever said cutscenes, though Pokémon games are usually not the most story-heavy games. A few good cutscenes here and there would be nice.
    Gen V was pretty story heavy pre-Champion.

    I hope that the region(s) makes full use of the 3DS... Overall beterness then the DS family.

Page 64 of 313 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •