Page 66 of 314 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

  1. #1626
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kalos! Exploring ze impossible
    Posts
    400

    Default

    I've said this before, but I want the region to have: France, Spain, Germany, maybe Poland, along with the UK and Rep. of Ireland, both those as one island and a post-game area. Hopefully with tons of places to explore. I'd like Poland and Germany to be Post-game as well, but mid-game would be fine. Just a reference to Hitler in Berlin and I'll be a happy little Nazi. :3

  2. #1627
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Orange Islands
    Posts
    113

    Default

    I think it'd be cool if the main character started out in a big city & lived in an apartment building instead of a basic small town.
    FC: 1607-4134-9468

  3. #1628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your bathroom...
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    The bolded sentence. It breaks my heart. You can't have less water in the water world !!

    Anyway, what do you mean by hybrid ?? Like half of kanto and half of johto ??
    I loved the water routes, and I loved Pacifladog(the raft town). Its just I thought it was TOO big, like. I felt overwhelmed by it because I was afraid I was gonna miss something in it. That coupled with only moving a couple square before being attacked by a Tentacool irritated me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    Gotta bear in mind that Kanto was done during the early stages of Pokemon, with older technology and when we didn't have running shoes / obscene biking speeds a la Mach Bike.

    That being said, I don't like unbearably long routes much, unless they're interspersed with Doctors and Nurses - it's also worth noting that this could push the boundaries of what Game Freak deems as being "acceptable distance" between cities, since one of the biggest concerns would be the need for a Pokemon Centre.
    I don't like having the Doctors/Nurses personally, it seems misplaced in my opinion. Like, what are they doing way out there? And how are they capable of healing my Pokemon? Are they using their potions and ethers on me?

    When the routes get too long, it becomes more boring. Like, in Sinnoh, between the 3rd and 4th gym cities. The routes connecting them bugged me so much.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

    http://rlxc.mybrute.com

    FC: 0946 9966 5155

  4. #1629
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    I think it'd be cool if the main character started out in a big city & lived in an apartment building instead of a basic small town.
    This would've actually been cool to implement for BW/BW2. The player could've started in an apartment in Castelia and gone to Virbank and Aspertia and then looped back around, or similar for BW. I doubt this will happen though.

  5. #1630
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    434

    Default

    I want long complex routes, in between of diverse tours and cities. I don't think Centers need to be isolated to towns/cities only. And as it relates to Fly, you should be able to fly to any Route, maybe designate Trainer Signs as the Fly-to location within routes.

  6. #1631
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Since I always love water areas I can't wait to see whirlpools, waterfalls ect..
    I don't see Whirlpool returning as a field move, which is a shame, because the way it works in HGSS is perfect for water mazes. And I don't really like Waterfall that much, all it is is a generic obstacle, it doesn't really add much to the area design.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    As for a desert area is love to see more quick sand and maybe more to the landscape than just a plain sandstorm area.
    IDK what else you could do to improve a desert level, I mean all a desert is is a large, dry, sandy area.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I'd love too see a more jungle area, with big rivers waterfalls and vines. Kind of a rain forest.
    I'd like to see this as well, it's something they've never really done in a main series game.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    As for snowy routes its one of my favorite types, frozen over lakes that if u walk on too much they break and u can surf in them and find some cool Pokemon, big snowy mountain scapes with forests and maybe even a glacier.
    Neat gimmick, but they're not going to just drop you in the water like that unless you have a Pokemon that knows Surf, I think all it could do is break the ice after you pass over it and then you'd have to use Surf from somewhere else.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I kinda hope this region is like a hybrid of Kanto/Johto. And I don't mean where they're right on top of each other.

    Kanto I loved because I felt that most of the cities were all within walking distance, and you weren't forced to fly everywhere(I felt this way in later games).

    Johto was my favorite design. The routes were long, but they weren't unbearably long. The caves were well done. And the Sea route was perfect, not too long, and easy enough to navigate.

    Hoenn's design was another favorite of mine as well. Maybe with a little less water though...
    So basically like Unova? I hope not, Unova was too clustered and devoid of exploration. I think the long routes are acceptable later in the game (like about the 4th or 5th gym), and I'd like to see them, having the gyms be so close to each other isn't really good for pacing, where you need to level up by 5 levels within one route. Also, exploring the region should be more of an adventure, it's no fun if the gyms are all one after another with no twists or turns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi_ View Post
    I think it'd be cool if the main character started out in a big city & lived in an apartment building instead of a basic small town.
    BW2 kind of went in that direction, where you started out in a medium sized city with a Pokemon Center and a gym (no apartment building, though, I don't think they'll ever do that).

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I loved the water routes, and I loved Pacifladog(the raft town). Its just I thought it was TOO big, like. I felt overwhelmed by it because I was afraid I was gonna miss something in it. That coupled with only moving a couple square before being attacked by a Tentacool irritated me.
    The big problem with a lot of Hoenn's routes is that they're so empty, there aren't that many landmarks to help you find your way. The 3D camera will probably help with that a bit, but I think they just need to include more landmarks like island/sandbars, rocks and mazes, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I don't like having the Doctors/Nurses personally, it seems misplaced in my opinion. Like, what are they doing way out there? And how are they capable of healing my Pokemon? Are they using their potions and ethers on me?
    They go wherever they think trainers need the help (and to be fair, a lot of them are in useful spots, like midway through caves where the nearest healing spot is a good 20 random encounters away), as well as to challenge other trainers (they do seem to genuinely enjoy battling, which is why you have to beat them in a battle first before they can heal you). And yeah, they probably have medical supplies like Potions and Ethers and stuff. It makes perfect sense, and it's quite a useful addition, so I wouldn't complain.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    When the routes get too long, it becomes more boring. Like, in Sinnoh, between the 3rd and 4th gym cities. The routes connecting them bugged me so much.
    They could always add more plot related events to keep your attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  7. #1632
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    150

    Default

    This might be late, but electronic music in a pokemon game (preferably by Daft Punk) would make my head explode. Especially since Guy and Thomas are Frenchman.
    I'll make you wet.



    6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

    Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

  8. #1633
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't see Whirlpool returning as a field move, which is a shame, because the way it works in HGSS is perfect for water mazes. And I don't really like Waterfall that much, all it is is a generic obstacle, it doesn't really add much to the area design.
    Utilizing the new graphics, if the RSE Dive mechanic returns, I would like whirlpools as a form of obstacle in underwater caverns/paths. Imagine one large whirlpool or a bunch of tiny whirlpools blocking your way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    IDK what else you could do to improve a desert level, I mean all a desert is is a large, dry, sandy area.
    Graphic-wise, they can add some desert flora, an oasis, and rock formations to make deserts less boring to look at.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'd like to see this as well, it's something they've never really done in a main series game.
    Indeed. No region have yet to have rainforests. It's a perfect place for exotic Pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So basically like Unova? I hope not, Unova was too clustered and devoid of exploration. I think the long routes are acceptable later in the game (like about the 4th or 5th gym), and I'd like to see them, having the gyms be so close to each other isn't really good for pacing, where you need to level up by 5 levels within one route. Also, exploring the region should be more of an adventure, it's no fun if the gyms are all one after another with no twists or turns.
    As long as it offers a lot of backtracking, branching paths, and not elliptical... I'm good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    BW2 kind of went in that direction, where you started out in a medium sized city with a Pokemon Center and a gym (no apartment building, though, I don't think they'll ever do that).
    How bout starting off in an isolated island town? That would be interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    They go wherever they think trainers need the help (and to be fair, a lot of them are in useful spots, like midway through caves where the nearest healing spot is a good 20 random encounters away), as well as to challenge other trainers (they do seem to genuinely enjoy battling, which is why you have to beat them in a battle first before they can heal you). And yeah, they probably have medical supplies like Potions and Ethers and stuff. It makes perfect sense, and it's quite a useful addition, so I wouldn't complain.
    While having them are beneficial, I prefer LESS of them.

    I miss the feeling of panic when you know you've run out of potions and repels in a long dark cave.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  9. #1634
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    How bout starting off in an isolated island town? That would be interesting.

    Yeah I agree and the first gym you would get surf or have to battle the gym leader on a boat while going to the next town

    ~Generation 6 be hating on dragons~

    I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokémon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)

  10. #1635
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    This might be late, but electronic music in a pokemon game (preferably by Daft Punk) would make my head explode. Especially since Guy and Thomas are Frenchman.
    Um....if you ask me B/W and B2/W2 had really strong influences from electronica when it comes to music.
    These games also won best video game music of 2011 and 2012 and where noted for
    Having really "thrilling and fresh" symphonic sounds and rhythms.
    So I wouldn't think that having daftpunk music in a pokemon game would be much of a nonsense.(though I know this probably would never happen)

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  11. #1636
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    IDK what else you could do to improve a desert level, I mean all a desert is is a large, dry, sandy area.
    A desert is technically a place devoid of water (a dry place), so a snowy area is technically a desert. But that's all a technicality, it'll be cool to see a desert with cacti, rock formations and land marks

  12. #1637
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    I think I'm most excited too see the region due to the amazing graphics, so much they could do.
    Really can't wait.
    Also about the isolated town, well the players designs don't really that and at the start your bedroom looks pritty modern.
    I always liked starting of in a little calm town.


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  13. #1638
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I think I'm most excited too see the region due to the amazing graphics, so much they could do.
    Really can't wait.
    Also about the isolated town, well the players designs don't really that and at the start your bedroom looks pritty modern.
    I always liked starting of in a little calm town.
    Yeah, it gave the feel of actually embarking to new places and regions.just because cities are sooo vastly different compared to
    The hometown.
    I can't wait to play this game! <3

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  14. #1639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Yeah, it gave the feel of actually embarking to new places and regions.just because cities are sooo vastly different compared to
    The hometown.
    I can't wait to play this game! <3
    I agree, one thing I've always liked is how the game very much so builds up to the first big city, which I think BW did very well, unlike RSEDPt Which went Small Town -> Big City (i.e Jubilife). I'd like to see more variation in the cities, and as we go around, there are two or three very urban areas that fade out into more country-like settlements the further away you are.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

    The Dream Team:

    Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

    Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

  15. #1640
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Utilizing the new graphics, if the RSE Dive mechanic returns, I would like whirlpools as a form of obstacle in underwater caverns/paths. Imagine one large whirlpool or a bunch of tiny whirlpools blocking your way.
    There's one really good situation for Whirlpool that they've never used in HGSS, and that is when you want to have two intersecting paths without giving you the ability to go from one to the other (hence why I said it's perfect for water mazes). They could do the same thing underwater too, I suppose, but I think a lot of people would just find that annoying. At any rate, if Whirlpool does return, it should be a TM, not an HM. It's not really that useful in or outside of battle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Indeed. No region have yet to have rainforests. It's a perfect place for exotic Pokemon.
    Well, no region in the main games anyway (there is Olive Jungle in Fiore, but that's in the first Ranger game).

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    As long as it offers a lot of backtracking, branching paths, and not elliptical... I'm good.
    That's the main thing I'm worried about as well, but having a ton of short routes between cities is kind of boring, though. At the very least, they should have a few longer routes later in the game (about the size of Rt. 6, 7, 13, 23, etc.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    How bout starting off in an isolated island town? That would be interesting.
    And then having to take a boat to Rt. 1? Possibly, but I don't see that as being entirely practical. I think if anything it'll be somewhat like BW2, where the first few areas in the game are a part of an island removed from the rest of the region (I know the beginning of BW2 wasn't technically an island, but it's the same basic principle in terms of design, you started off far away from the rest of Unova, and then you took a boat from Virbank to Castelia).

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    While having them are beneficial, I prefer LESS of them.

    I miss the feeling of panic when you know you've run out of potions and repels in a long dark cave.
    The Doctors and Nurses aren't inherently the problem there, in fact, I find the placement for most of them to be quite appropriate. It's the overabundance of healing spots in general that needs to be reduced. I have no problem with having a nurse halfway through Celestial Tower, but do we really need someone healing us on Rt. 7? And don't even get me started on Rt. 4 in BW2, you've got Castelia and Nimbasa not too far away, then you've got a Nurse in Join Avenue (after you reach Rank 4 IIRC), you can rest at some lady's house near the entrance to Desert Resort, and then a Nurse just behind the gatehouse in Desert Resort. That's 5 healing spots within one area away, do we really need that many?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #1641
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There's one really good situation for Whirlpool that they've never used in HGSS, and that is when you want to have two intersecting paths without giving you the ability to go from one to the other (hence why I said it's perfect for water mazes). They could do the same thing underwater too, I suppose, but I think a lot of people would just find that annoying. At any rate, if Whirlpool does return, it should be a TM, not an HM. It's not really that useful in or outside of battle.



    Well, no region in the main games anyway (there is Olive Jungle in Fiore, but that's in the first Ranger game).



    That's the main thing I'm worried about as well, but having a ton of short routes between cities is kind of boring, though. At the very least, they should have a few longer routes later in the game (about the size of Rt. 6, 7, 13, 23, etc.)



    And then having to take a boat to Rt. 1? Possibly, but I don't see that as being entirely practical. I think if anything it'll be somewhat like BW2, where the first few areas in the game are a part of an island removed from the rest of the region (I know the beginning of BW2 wasn't technically an island, but it's the same basic principle in terms of design, you started off far away from the rest of Unova, and then you took a boat from Virbank to Castelia).



    The Doctors and Nurses aren't inherently the problem there, in fact, I find the placement for most of them to be quite appropriate. It's the overabundance of healing spots in general that needs to be reduced. I have no problem with having a nurse halfway through Celestial Tower, but do we really need someone healing us on Rt. 7? And don't even get me started on Rt. 4 in BW2, you've got Castelia and Nimbasa not too far away, then you've got a Nurse in Join Avenue (after you reach Rank 4 IIRC), you can rest at some lady's house near the entrance to Desert Resort, and then a Nurse just behind the gatehouse in Desert Resort. That's 5 healing spots within one area away, do we really need that many?
    Depends on the person playing the game. A Novice may have trouble battling so Nurses can be quite handy.

  17. #1642
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,500

    Default

    Back in the day we had no nurses! We used potions and berrys and whited out if we couldnt take the heat and we liked it!

  18. #1643
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    The nurses and doctors are there because sometimes it takes too long to backtracks to heal and then to go back to where you where. Route 119 and 120/121 in Hoenn where in desperate need of a nurse.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  19. #1644
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    *headdesk* I can't believe you guys aren't understanding my point.

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Depends on the person playing the game. A Novice may have trouble battling so Nurses can be quite handy.
    I agree, but what I'm saying is that BW takes this to an extreme. We don't need 5 healing spots near the same route, nor do we need healing spots on short routes close to a Pokemon Center. Healing spots that are halfway through dungeons or midway on a long route far away from any Pokemon Center are fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Back in the day we had no nurses! We used potions and berrys and whited out if we couldnt take the heat and we liked it!
    In RBY, maybe. But in GSC onwards, even those games had a handful of healing spots in convenient locations. You could heal at some lady's house midway between New Bark Town and Victory Road. You could heal at an old lady's house on Rt. 111 just past the desert. You could heal in some person's cabin on Rt. 216 just before Rt. 217. Those situations are fine, what they've been doing in BW where they have healing spots every 5 ft is going too far.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    The nurses and doctors are there because sometimes it takes too long to backtracks to heal and then to go back to where you where. Route 119 and 120/121 in Hoenn where in desperate need of a nurse.
    This guy gets it. Those are some good examples of where to put them as well. IIRC, you could heal on the bed in Weather Institute, but that was too close to Fortree City to be much use.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  20. #1645
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Grannvale
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Back in the day we had no nurses! We used potions and berrys and whited out if we couldnt take the heat and we liked it!
    but we did have those healing spots in the pokemon tower in lavender town.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  21. #1646
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    but we did have those healing spots in the pokemon tower in lavender town.
    I forgot about that. Actually, come to think of it there were also beds in Silph Co. you could use as well. So yeah, this is nothing new for Pokemon, it's been there since the very beginning. The only thing BW really did was increase the frequency of healing spots and add Nurses and Doctors which make you earn some of those healing spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  22. #1647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I forgot about that. Actually, come to think of it there were also beds in Silph Co. you could use as well. So yeah, this is nothing new for Pokemon, it's been there since the very beginning. The only thing BW really did was increase the frequency of healing spots and add Nurses and Doctors which make you earn some of those healing spots.
    I agree, I like having to spend my Pokedollars on 100 potions at the start of the game to get through Viridian Forest with a Squirtle! That was moderately sarcastic, but it has gotten a bit out of hand.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

    The Dream Team:

    Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

    Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

  23. #1648
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    I agree, I like having to spend my Pokedollars on 100 potions at the start of the game to get through Viridian Forest with a Squirtle! That was moderately sarcastic, but it has gotten a bit out of hand.
    Just think, if it were a 5th gen game, we'd have healing spots midway through Viridian Forest and on both sides of Rt. 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  24. #1649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    *headdesk* I can't believe you guys aren't understanding my point.

    This guy gets it. Those are some good examples of where to put them as well. IIRC, you could heal on the bed in Weather Institute, but that was too close to Fortree City to be much use.
    I believe the purpose of the Weather Institute healing spot was for the fact that you'd travelled all the way there and upon crossing the bridge before Fortree you had to face your rival and get (I believe it was) HM02.

    However, they have taken it a bit far with all the healing in the recent games. I always enjoyed spending my money on a full medi-kit in the games, and topping it up whenever I reached a new town!
    ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM


  25. #1650
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterMasterDD View Post
    I believe the purpose of the Weather Institute healing spot was for the fact that you'd travelled all the way there and upon crossing the bridge before Fortree you had to face your rival and get (I believe it was) HM02.

    However, they have taken it a bit far with all the healing in the recent games. I always enjoyed spending my money on a full medi-kit in the games, and topping it up whenever I reached a new town!
    I think the main reason, actually, is because when you first get there you have to fight Team Magma/Aqua.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 66 of 314 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •