Page 88 of 314 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Even so that's what makes it fun, you would never think to look there and it is house to one of the best Pokemon that can only be found here.
    It's not really as fun if you have no indication that the entrance even exists in the first place. I'm all for including those kinds of secrets, but they have to be fair, you shouldn't be forced to blindy explore every square inch under the bridge just to find the damn place. They should make it more like the entrance to Pledge Grove, where you know you can go back there but it doesn't really look like anything significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's not really as fun if you have no indication that the entrance even exists in the first place. I'm all for including those kinds of secrets, but they have to be fair, you shouldn't be forced to blindy explore every square inch under the bridge just to find the damn place. They should make it more like the entrance to Pledge Grove, where you know you can go back there but it doesn't really look like anything significant.
    Well you gotta admit at least the secret entrance cave to Weyward actually had some significance. Pledge Grove is completely useless unless you have Keldeo. -_-

I will admit though I got an excited feeling when I discovered the Pledge Grove without a online assistance or help at all but that lasted shortly cause I was let down on it's content.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 8th March 2013 at 3:22 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Well you gotta admit at least the secret entrance cave to Weyward actually had some significance. Pledge Grove is completely useless unless you have Keldeo. -_-
    True, but not relevant to the argument.

Anyway, the point remains that making the entrance to certain areas completely invisible to the player is a cheap way of making them hard to find, because the only way to even know how to get there is by dumb luck or consulting a guide.

True, but not relevant to the argument.

Anyway, the point remains that making the entrance to certain areas completely invisible to the player is a cheap way of making them hard to find, because the only way to even know how to get there is by dumb luck or consulting a guide.
    I agree with some of what you're that's why I responded like that. I guess it's all a matter of taste. I prefer well hidden stuff that give you no clue as to it's indications because it's that much sweeter when you find it but that's just me

Right!!???
    Like that weird place under the bridge in sinnoh where you find gible,
    though i think its called wayward cave -_-" which you guys were talking about...
    I've had a hard time finding where landorus lives as well for some reason.

Anyway, if they do make something like that, GF should make it so that we could see where the entrance was when we got close enough

Eg: for example, wayward cave. The camera could go under the bridge so it would not be just blind guessing
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Like people have suggested before, the in-game characters could give you clues/hints. I still think the Regi trio locations were awesome (in fact that whole Wailord/Relicanth thing was cool). And wayward cave was great, too. I think they tried to recreate that in BW with Axew in Mistralton Cave.

I found Unova a bit too linear. Hoenn had lots of areas that you saw/almost discovered on the way through, that joined up with towns and routes you found later on. It was interesting!

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

as i recall there wasn't a bike lane in the last gen
    idk about you guys but i loved those things
    i really hope they bring back a proper bike route

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    as i recall there wasn't a bike lane in the last gen
    idk about you guys but i loved those things
    i really hope they bring back a proper bike route
    Maybe that was a good thing. Don't you feel the bike thing was getting a bit repetitive? Perhaps we might get a Roller Rink. You know for the skates?

Maybe that was a good thing. Don't you feel the bike thing was getting a bit repetitive? Perhaps we might get a Roller Rink. You know for the skates?
    hmmmm
    not sure
    i hope we get to keep the bike
    it makes more sense to me for a french based region

If it is,indeed, based off France. then maybe we'll get a moped type deal instead of a bike. those things are pretty big over there as far as getting from point A to point B
    FC:3310 4750 6449

DON'T GET THE OCTOPUSS UPSET! HE MAY EAT HIMSELF!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crash!201 View Post
    If it is,indeed, based off France. then maybe we'll get a moped type deal instead of a bike. those things are pretty big over there as far as getting from point A to point B
    no no moped D:
    those things are so derpy
    but toure de france is on bikes so why not

no no moped D:
    those things are so derpy
    but toure de france is on bikes so why not
    haha nah they aren't that bad :P and it'd be new!! but yeah i forgot about the whole tour de france thing.. oh well nerrmind den
    FC:3310 4750 6449

DON'T GET THE OCTOPUSS UPSET! HE MAY EAT HIMSELF!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crash!201 View Post
    haha nah they aren't that bad :P and it'd be new!! but yeah i forgot about the whole tour de france thing.. oh well nerrmind den
    mer i don't like em that much
    but i guess it wouldn't be terrible
    i could get used to it

mer i don't like em that much
    but i guess it wouldn't be terrible
    i could get used to it
    Mmmm....poo
    I own a moped..

I support the introduction of a moped.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Mmmm....poo
    I own a moped..

I support the introduction of a moped.
    sorry lol
    i don't really like em that much...

They should have multiple types of vehicles in the game.

I was thinking bike, roller skates, and skateboard.

Wouldn't roller skates and skateboard be redundant to own?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Not really. They could have enough differences for them both to be in. Roller skates could be faster, and skateboards could allow you to jump off ramps like in DPPt.

Maybe you could wear the roller skates while on a skateboard and it'll make you go faster, or perhaps you'll need to use both to get to a legendary Pokemon! I kid! I kid! I hope we get more "secrets" in this region, what I loved back in gold and silver when I got it was that it had so many secret little things like tyrogue, lugia wasn't blatantly obvious to find, the cave in blackthorn leading to violet town, lapras, for a 7 year old kid at the time who didn't have access to the Internet and guides ( I only had to rely on word of mouth on the school playground) those things were so fun to find. I liked how in r/s/e the Regis were well hidden, I want more mystery in the game, I don't want the map and characters to point out "LOOK! LEGENDARY POKEMON HANGOUT!". I want more bike exclusive locations available, like cycling road and those locations you could only get to by bike jumps

Not really. They could have enough differences for them both to be in. Roller skates could be faster, and skateboards could allow you to jump off ramps like in DPPt.
    Yeah, but it's not like roller skates can't jump off ramps too...I'm not seeing where there'd be enough differences.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Maybe you could wear the roller skates while on a skateboard and it'll make you go faster, or perhaps you'll need to use both to get to a legendary Pokemon! I kid! I kid! I hope we get more "secrets" in this region, what I loved back in gold and silver when I got it was that it had so many secret little things like tyrogue, lugia wasn't blatantly obvious to find, the cave in blackthorn leading to violet town, lapras, for a 7 year old kid at the time who didn't have access to the Internet and guides ( I only had to rely on word of mouth on the school playground) those things were so fun to find. I liked how in r/s/e the Regis were well hidden, I want more mystery in the game, I don't want the map and characters to point out "LOOK! LEGENDARY POKEMON HANGOUT!". I want more bike exclusive locations available, like cycling road and those locations you could only get to by bike jumps
    I actually would love to see more secrets. I hated how easy it was to find legendary pokemon that had no ties to the storyline whatsoever (I'd give the Regis an exception since it was so cool how we actually had to use Braille to solve the puzzles). And it'd be really cool to see new Pokemon in their natural habitats, like you said about Lapras.
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 8th March 2013 at 5:59 AM.

Yeah, but it's not like roller skates can't jump off ramps too...I'm not seeing where there'd be enough differences.
    Well, think of the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike. It would be a similar situation, but with different vehicles rather than multiple kinds of the same one.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, think of the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike. It would be a similar situation, but with different vehicles rather than multiple kinds of the same one.
    Maybe, but make so we can have both of them at the same time. Having to switch between the mach and acro bikes was a horrible idea, because...did anyone really do that?
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

I'd like an immigrant story, though I don't know how that would work with France. But it would be a cool story to tell. The player could be from Hoenn and the new region could dislike Hoennites. Ash could be paralleled in the anime too. Everyone is so accepting of him being "Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town/Kanto" that it would be a challenge for him to fit in. My every arc on the anime is when Dawn went through pretty severe depression, so I know it wouldn't be too dark of a story to tell.
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

I've wanted different means of fast moving transportation for a long time in Pokemon. Roller skates would be great.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Bike and roller skates, that's all I'm assuming we're gonna get. Run speed should be dictated by the force you apply on the circle pad, with the roller skates taking over for the running shoes. Dunno why we should get anything else.
    BLAH

Page 88 of 314 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast