Page 89 of 314 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 7826

Thread: The Kalos Region Thread

I'd be fine with roller skates taking over for the running shoes. I wonder what the animation on that would look like if we did get it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'd be fine with roller skates taking over for the running shoes. I wonder what the animation on that would look like if we did get it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfclgYT7h-A
    At 23 seconds, from 2 months ago.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfclgYT7h-A
    At 23 seconds, from 2 months ago.
    Oh right. I forget that scene. It's right before that statue. I still hope there will be a cool story behind that statue.

Probably just a fancy decoration.
    BLAH

Aww, but Platinum fan wants a story behind it DX

And maybe have it play a hidden role to unlock a legendary/secret Pokemon in a hidden forest, cave or whatever. It would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    Maybe you could wear the roller skates while on a skateboard and it'll make you go faster, or perhaps you'll need to use both to get to a legendary Pokemon! I kid! I kid! I hope we get more "secrets" in this region, what I loved back in gold and silver when I got it was that it had so many secret little things like tyrogue, lugia wasn't blatantly obvious to find, the cave in blackthorn leading to violet town, lapras, for a 7 year old kid at the time who didn't have access to the Internet and guides ( I only had to rely on word of mouth on the school playground) those things were so fun to find. I liked how in r/s/e the Regis were well hidden, I want more mystery in the game, I don't want the map and characters to point out "LOOK! LEGENDARY POKEMON HANGOUT!". I want more bike exclusive locations available, like cycling road and those locations you could only get to by bike jumps
    Hmm, I never thought about it like that, but I agree that mystery was one of the reasons I liked GS so much. And while having the legendary not have a main focus in the story seems dumb at first, when you take into account that the main characters ACTUAL goal to become champion has nothing to do with a legend whatsoever.

Same can be said for things like headbutt, it felt like ANYTHING could come out of those dang trees, though in reality there were really only 6-8 throughout the whole game.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Bike and roller skates, that's all I'm assuming we're gonna get. Run speed should be dictated by the force you apply on the circle pad, with the roller skates taking over for the running shoes. Dunno why we should get anything else.
    Running is confirmed in game too, the trailer shows the female protagonist running by a river

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    I'd like an immigrant story, though I don't know how that would work with France. But it would be a cool story to tell. The player could be from Hoenn and the new region could dislike Hoennites. Ash could be paralleled in the anime too. Everyone is so accepting of him being "Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town/Kanto" that it would be a challenge for him to fit in. My every arc on the anime is when Dawn went through pretty severe depression, so I know it wouldn't be too dark of a story to tell.
    Not Hoenn, Unova.

Since that would fit the stereotype of French people hating Americans.

on the topic of roller skates and skateboards and bikes
    perhaps bikes will be your standard transportation and the skateboard could be your equivalent of an acro bike from gen III
    maybe the skates could be more maneuverable??

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    I'd like an immigrant story, though I don't know how that would work with France. But it would be a cool story to tell. The player could be from Hoenn and the new region could dislike Hoennites. Ash could be paralleled in the anime too. Everyone is so accepting of him being "Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town/Kanto" that it would be a challenge for him to fit in. My every arc on the anime is when Dawn went through pretty severe depression, so I know it wouldn't be too dark of a story to tell.
    I'm not really sure they'd allow discrimination to that degree in Pokemon. It would be interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    There's a stereotype like that? Huh the more you know.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Not Hoenn, Unova.

That's the first I've heard of it. I thought they were allies, fits with the whole France giving America the Statue of Liberty thing

Quote Originally Posted by pkmntraineramit View Post
    That's the first I've heard of it. I thought they were allies, fits with the whole France giving America the Statue of Liberty thing
    that was how long ago?

America is generally disliked worldwide for an assumed desire to assert it's way as the only way and onto others (fiddling with business that doesn't concern them), this is a perception of Americans I have found to exist in the three continents I have lived in.

My personal view is very neutral, as someone who's traveled a fair bit I don't judge on stereotypes, I see Americans as a country with people like all other countries, people good and bad.

Do note this view of America is not universal or concrete it's a general perception that I've come across

Also note every American I've come across on this site (which is the majority of users) have all been very cool
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    that was how long ago?

America is generally disliked worldwide for an assumed desire to assert it's way as the only way and onto others (fiddling with business that doesn't concern them), this is a perception of Americans I have found to exist in the three continents I have lived in.

My personal view is very neutral, as someone who's traveled a fair bit I don't judge on stereotypes, I see Americans as a country with people like all other countries, people good and bad.

Do note this view of America is not universal or concrete it's a general perception that I've come across

Also note every American I've come across on this site (which is the majority of users) have all been very cool
    Makes sense, I never really pay attention to politics and international relations. But I double anything like this will be projected into the Pokemon world

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    that was how long ago?

Person comment, that is quite mature and you seem to be a very awesome dude. I, myself, have no love for any one country, as all kingdoms fall eventually.

That aside, I agree with the empirical comments expressed. Unova was way less stereotypical than you would ever expect. The people at Game Freak and The Pokemon Company know that their games sell a very well in North America. So I expect the same level of respect that Unova got for this new region and any future regions, no matter what they're based on or inspired by. It's all just one big pokemon world. There are no nations at war, no hate crimes against fellow man, no challenges that can't be overcome with the help of others. We're all in it together with our pokemon; as trainers, as coordinators, as breeders, and most importantly, as people.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    Person comment, that is quite mature and you seem to be a very awesome dude. I, myself, have no love for any one country, as all kingdoms fall eventually.

That aside, I agree with the empirical comments expressed. Unova was way less stereotypical than you would ever expect. The people at Game Freak and The Pokemon Company know that their games sell a very well in North America. So I expect the same level of respect that Unova got for this new region and any future regions, no matter what they're based on or inspired by. It's all just one big pokemon world. There are no nations at war, no hate crimes against fellow man, no challenges that can't be overcome with the help of others. We're all in it together with our pokemon; as trainers, as coordinators, as breeders, and most importantly, as people.
    That is remarkably well said, couldn't agree with you more.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

On the topic of PokčFrance, I can kinda see the France region of Île-de -France being what the region will be based on. That is primarily because that Paris is located in that region. And as we have seen from the reveal trailer, An Eiffel Tour look a like is in the game.

But hey, I'm kinda hoping for a Tour de France like bike Tourney taking place on the region's cycling route (or quite possibly the whole region itself.)

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Quote Originally Posted by DaAuraWolf View Post
    But hey, I'm kinda hoping for a Tour de France like bike Tourney taking place on the region's cycling route (or quite possibly the whole region itself.)
    That would be pretty interesting on a large cycling route, I could get used to that.

I just hope that the routes in this Gen are way larger with some slightly more remote ones than Unova. I got sick of feeling like every NPC had explored every inch of the route before me.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmftw View Post
    That would be pretty interesting on a large cycling route, I could get used to that.

I just hope that the routes in this Gen are way larger with some slightly more remote ones than Unova. I got sick of feeling like every NPC had explored every inch of the route before me.
    I agree with this one.

Exploring supposed "unknown areas" really add to the adventure. It can be home to exclusive Pokemon, or items.

I don't really recall having any secret caves/pathways/groves in Unova. Even if you think you found an isolated area, there's a Trainer or an NPC quite a few steps away. Even Hidden Hollows aren't really hidden and that secluded.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I agree with this one.

Exploring supposed "unknown areas" really add to the adventure. It can be home to exclusive Pokemon, or items.

I don't really recall having any secret caves/pathways/groves in Unova. Even if you think you found an isolated area, there's a Trainer or an NPC quite a few steps away. Even Hidden Hollows aren't really hidden and that secluded.
    you know what if since this is france where toure de france is held,
    what if there is a bike route that is on TOP OF the entire region?

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Uh... Seriously? Why would they do that?
    The region can be the whole bike circuit, passing through cities, landmarks, and routes. It's called "Tour de *Region*" for a reason...

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Not Hoenn, Unova.

Lol, in my experience (personal, so French people, don't hate on me), I've found the general French public that they are very much focused on themselves. When I was a child and went on vacation to France, the French never bothered to explain stuff in English (I'm Dutch, so I was already trying to find a middle ground in hoping that they would at least have a little grasp on a 'universal language'). In practice, me and my brother got pretty much ignored when we asked questions in France. It did give a feeling that if you didn't speak French, then you weren't worth their time. And that's very much an aristocratic attitude that they have towards most countries, not just the US.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, formed over 10 years of going on vacation to France. I'm sure there are exceptions, and I'm sure that the majority of French here don't fall into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I agree with this one.

My sentiments exactly.. The first time I was up on route 14, I was like.. Okay, I'm going to scale these waterfalls here, and then go down this waterfall here, since there's probably something hidden at the end of this track. Hey! This must be the Abundant Shrine! Huh? Wait.. What are all these children doing here? Do they all have access to Waterfall or something? What the heck! :S

It would've been better if areas such as Route 18 and 23 were more, desolate, and that Route 10 was put in the games as a completely desolate range with pokemon around level 65/70, just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    That would be a bit too much... I can see reference of the tour in something like the 'medal rally', as being an adventure medal to circle through the region on bike or something.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I hope they added something similiar to join avenue. It was very helpful for EV'ing and Breeding xD

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

One of my favorite things about a new upcoming generation is the region. My wish is to see a mostly concealed map of the region, similar to back when Sinnoh was revealed, showing only part of the region while hiding some of its locations with clouds. I'm hoping it doesn't follow the same path as Unova. I disliked how CoroCoro showed the whole Unova map, only covering up the post league locations. At least keep some pre League areas concealed, so that we can be surprised.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    One of my favorite things about a new upcoming generation is the region. My wish is to see a mostly concealed map of the region, similar to back when Sinnoh was revealed, showing only part of the region while hiding some of its locations with clouds. I'm hoping it doesn't follow the same path as Unova. I disliked how CoroCoro showed the whole Unova map, only covering up the post league locations. At least keep some pre League areas concealed, so that we can be surprised.
    I agree! As much as I love Unova, I hated how it was set up from the get-go and I think it only caused problems for BW2's map. Sinnoh's map has been my favorite with Kanto being my least.
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Lol, in my experience (personal, so French people, don't hate on me), I've found the general French public that they are very much focused on themselves. When I was a child and went on vacation to France, the French never bothered to explain stuff in English (I'm Dutch, so I was already trying to find a middle ground in hoping that they would at least have a little grasp on a 'universal language'). In practice, me and my brother got pretty much ignored when we asked questions in France. It did give a feeling that if you didn't speak French, then you weren't worth their time. And that's very much an aristocratic attitude that they have towards most countries, not just the US.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, formed over 10 years of going on vacation to France. I'm sure there are exceptions, and I'm sure that the majority of French here don't fall into that category.

My sentiments exactly.. The first time I was up on route 14, I was like.. Okay, I'm going to scale these waterfalls here, and then go down this waterfall here, since there's probably something hidden at the end of this track. Hey! This must be the Abundant Shrine! Huh? Wait.. What are all these children doing here? Do they all have access to Waterfall or something? What the heck! :S

It would've been better if areas such as Route 18 and 23 were more, desolate, and that Route 10 was put in the games as a completely desolate range with pokemon around level 65/70, just for kicks.

That would be a bit too much... I can see reference of the tour in something like the 'medal rally', as being an adventure medal to circle through the region on bike or something.
    i don't think it would be too much...
    France is big on biking

Page 89 of 314 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast