Page 425 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3253754154214224234244254264274284294354755251425 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,625 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

  1. #10601
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Why would it be silly? Mr. Mime, Machoke/Machamp and Gardevoir were introduced before gender differences in Gen IV, which brought Gallade in the game which is supposedly Gardevoir's male counterpart. And since you just can't erase female Mr. Mime and female Machoke from the game they just had to let it like this. But now that gender differences are well established in the games I do not think game freak will make anymore male looking pokemons that can be female and vice versa.

    Although I agreed with Eevee only evolving because of its surroundings, I've read Eevee's BW pokédex entry earlier: "Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes. Thanks to its unstable genetic makeup, this special Pokémon conceals many different possible evolutions."

    Pokémon X and Pokémon Y could relate to a lot of things but the first that comes into mind is genes. Gender is in genetic you can't disagree with that! Variety of causes and many different possible evolutions, I think its not too silly to think this might be more possible than a flying type. Common, it must look like it flies or could fly to be considered a flying type (and I'm not talking about levitation).

    The only other type Sylveon could possibly be is Ghost, since its name is related with spirits of the forest / fairies.
    Its name can be interpreted in many ways. A nymph is a bug, a sylph is a beautiful woman, etc.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  2. #10602
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBrains View Post
    I've suggested a couple times that Eevee would probably evolve into Sylveon if it leveled up to a certain point while holding some device that stabilizes its DNA, evolving it into a never-seen form of Eevee and letting it keep its type.
    That way it's a new item and allows for evolution by level up without disorganization, and provides explanation as to why Sylveon's Normal typed (if that happens to be the case).
    I think that would be pretty cool.

    I would have thought a normal type eeveelution would look more like a bigger, stronger, and more mature eevee--not needing to evolve to fit a specific environment but only to get stronger. it would be brown like eevee, not pink. To me, sylveon isnt the ideal normal type evolution for eevee. Plus i dont think its flying or any other type we have now. You know what that means...
    cookie cookie

  3. #10603
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montréal, Québec, Canada
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon5782 View Post
    I think that would be pretty cool.

    I would have thought a normal type eeveelution would look more like a bigger, stronger, and more mature eevee--not needing to evolve to fit a specific environment but only to get stronger. it would be brown like eevee, not pink. To me, sylveon isnt the ideal normal type evolution for eevee. Plus i dont think its flying or any other type we have now. You know what that means...
    Maybe if there is a male counterpart and maybe if its a normal type too, it will look more like a bulkier mature eevee. Also I don't think we'll be seeing new types any time soon, Light type seems a bit odd. I can't figure what else than dark or ghost it would affect plus I can't figure out any other new type they could create. Although, if it is super effective on more than one type it could work... Man I don't know... I guess it can be a possibility.
    Last edited by BenL; 19th February 2013 at 5:02 AM.

  4. #10604
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Why would it be silly? Mr. Mime, Machoke/Machamp and Gardevoir were introduced before gender differences in Gen IV, which brought Gallade in the game which is supposedly Gardevoir's male counterpart. And since you just can't erase female Mr. Mime and female Machoke from the game they just had to let it like this. But now that gender differences are well established in the games I do not think game freak will make anymore male looking pokemons that can be female and vice versa.

    Although I agreed with Eevee only evolving because of its surroundings, I've read Eevee's BW pokédex entry earlier: "Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes. Thanks to its unstable genetic makeup, this special Pokémon conceals many different possible evolutions."

    Pokémon X and Pokémon Y could relate to a lot of things but the first that comes into mind is genes. Gender is in genetic you can't disagree with that! Variety of causes and many different possible evolutions, I think its not too silly to think this might be more possible than a flying type. Common, it must look like it flies or could fly to be considered a flying type (and I'm not talking about levitation).

    The only other type Sylveon could possibly be is Ghost, since its name is related with spirits of the forest / fairies.
    I have Moore to add for the Ghost Type idea. Sylveon's color is pink, which is a color signifying disease. It has big, soulless eyes and fangs. And ribbons signify death, AND it sort of disturbs me to think that Sylveon's ribbons are made out of flesh. And as you said, it's name is related to spirits of the forest.

    But I still think Its Flying, or maybe Dragon. I seriously don't think it's a Normal type, though.

    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

    [Raven] : [Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

  5. #10605
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Some type of hell
    Posts
    819

    Default

    to avoid light-type discussion, we'll just agree that last post was someone just stating opinion, okay?

    this genetics theme is why i think there could be two new eeveelutions, one female (sylveon) and one male. combining gender and item for evolution has been done before, but never where each gender becomes different Pokemon, so i think that's a possibility

    A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

    Credit to Brutaka

  6. #10606
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montréal, Québec, Canada
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    I have Moore to add for the Ghost Type idea. Sylveon's color is pink, which is a color signifying disease. It has big, soulless eyes and fangs. And ribbons signify death, AND it sort of disturbs me to think that Sylveon's ribbons are made out of flesh. And as you said, it's name is related to spirits of the forest.

    But I still think Its Flying, or maybe Dragon. I seriously don't think it's a Normal type, though.
    Please I hope there won't be zombies, especially in a pokémon game, I can't believe and don't know why zombies are so popular loool. Also I'm 100% sure it can't be flying or dragon, I know pokémon are sometimes designed weirdly, but Game Freak still keeps some logic. When people talk about Sylveon being a flying type, its like if they were trying to convince me magikarp was a fire type cause its red. If it looks like something, it is a type associated or that can make sense with the design. Cryogonal is a snow flake BAM ice type. I'm pretty sure you guys will find exceptions to the rules but you have to admit it makes sense.

  7. #10607
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Why would we need a new item for a new Eevee evolution? I fail to understand this.
    If the evolution is based around gender, then Dawn Stone would be the obvious choice. We had new evolutions with Dusk, Light and Elemental stones on the 5th gen.
    If Leafeon is yout only argument for it, then it's a pretty lame argument.

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Umbreon and Espeon evolved depending on the time and happiness. Pokemon did not evolve from happiness in gen one, nor did the time matter. Leafeon and Glaceon evolved depending on the location. Evolving because of the location didn't exist in gen 3 either.

    We're going to be seeing a completely new method, most likely.
    Ok, this is a good argument. I hadn't read it when I posted this, sorry.
    Last edited by Bueno~; 19th February 2013 at 5:19 AM.


    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

        Spoiler:- Seeking:

        Spoiler:- Offering:

  8. #10608
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    That probably won't happen.

    Umbreon and Espeon evolved depending on the time and happiness. Pokemon did not evolve from happiness in gen one, nor did the time matter. Leafeon and Glaceon evolved depending on the location. Evolving because of the location didn't exist in gen 3 either.

    We're going to be seeing a completely new method, most likely.
    And leveling up to a point while holding a new item isn't completely new to Eevee?
    I was implying that if Sylveon is a Normal type, theoretically, that means Eevee's DNA probably stabilized somehow (a la hold item) which allowed it to keep its typing.
    That's not to say that it's going to happen. Just an idea.
    Last edited by ToasterBrains; 19th February 2013 at 5:34 AM.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

  9. #10609
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montréal, Québec, Canada
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBrains View Post
    And leveling up to a point while holding a new item isn't completely new to Eevee?
    Well it isn't completely new to the game but, to Eevee, yes.

  10. #10610
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Räven View Post
    I have Moore to add for the Ghost Type idea. Sylveon's color is pink, which is a color signifying disease. It has big, soulless eyes and fangs. And ribbons signify death, AND it sort of disturbs me to think that Sylveon's ribbons are made out of flesh. And as you said, it's name is related to spirits of the forest.

    But I still think Its Flying, or maybe Dragon. I seriously don't think it's a Normal type, though.
    Wow. Pink is Clefable, which is one of my favorite ghost types. And those eyes and fangs look like Victini, another ghost type. And every girl who wears ribbons is a ghost. And a Sylph has no other dictionary definitions, such as 'a beautiful woman'.

    Seriously, guys. You're taking the baton and throwing it out the window.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  11. #10611
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Wow. Pink is Clefable, which is one of my favorite ghost types. And those eyes and fangs look like Victini, another ghost type. And every girl who wears ribbons is a ghost. And a Sylph has no other dictionary definitions, such as 'a beautiful woman'.

    Seriously, guys. You're taking the baton and throwing it out the window.
    New Pokemon based on an abused pink baton with ribbons. Light/Ghost type.

    ...All jokes aside, for all we know, Sylveon could be a Ghost. Any guess is as good as anyone else's.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

  12. #10612
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Great Wall of China
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBrains View Post
    New Pokemon based on an abused pink baton with ribbons. Light/Ghost type.

    ...All jokes aside, for all we know, Sylveon could be a Ghost. Any guess is as good as anyone else's.
    Untrue. If I say, 'Sylveon is Rock type' it is obviously wrong and has zero supporting it.

    It is, as you say, normal type.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

  13. #10613
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Untrue. If I say, 'Sylveon is Rock type' it is obviously wrong and has zero supporting it.

    It is, as you say, normal type.
    There's no truth value to any speculation. No right, no wrong. There's no truth to base it off of besides on what Sylveon looks like and the meaning of its name, both debatable topics.
    What WOULD be incorrect is if someone said "Sylveon is a new type named 'Female'!" or something ridiculous like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon5782 View Post
    I think that would be pretty cool.

    I would have thought a normal type eeveelution would look more like a bigger, stronger, and more mature eevee--not needing to evolve to fit a specific environment but only to get stronger. it would be brown like eevee, not pink. To me, sylveon isnt the ideal normal type evolution for eevee. Plus i dont think its flying or any other type we have now. You know what that means...
    ??? is being reintroduced into the game, and its Sylveon's type! Of course! That's why it always shows ??? as its type...
    Last edited by ToasterBrains; 19th February 2013 at 5:45 AM.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

  14. #10614
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montréal, Québec, Canada
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Wow. Pink is Clefable, which is one of my favorite ghost types. And those eyes and fangs look like Victini, another ghost type. And every girl who wears ribbons is a ghost. And a Sylph has no other dictionary definitions, such as 'a beautiful woman'.

    Seriously, guys. You're taking the baton and throwing it out the window.
    Though I agree about the color thing, the eyes and the girls wearing ribbons doesn't make it a ghost theory, I have to inform you that its not Sylpheon as far as I know, that's why I don't think it a bug and why I think Sylveon is related to a female, just like you do. We are only speculating and since your thoughts on the name are as valid as our thoughts about the name, please be a little less arrogant. You don't possess the truth.

  15. #10615
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,840

    Default

    Maybe they bring back the Berserk Gene and make it so if Eevee levels up while holding it it will evolve because the Berserk Gene is the missing gene in Eevee's DNA makeup.

  16. #10616

    Default

    We really don't know what type Sylveon will be, but there is a high chance that Sylveon shall be Fire/Fighting and shall be the final evolution of Fennekin.

    I have claimed the Pigs!


    Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

  17. #10617
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBrains View Post
    There's no truth value to any speculation. No right, no wrong. There's no truth to base it off of besides on what Sylveon looks like and the meaning of its name, both debatable topics.
    What WOULD be incorrect is if someone said "Sylveon is a new type named 'Female'!" or something ridiculous like that.




    ??? is being reintroduced into the game, and its Sylveon's type! Of course! That's why it always shows ??? as its type...
    i honestly wouldn't be surprised...
    GF might just be trolling us lol

  18. #10618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i honestly wouldn't be surprised...
    GF might just be trolling us lol
    I won't be surprised if they do. Watch when they say it's type is Normal, ??? or Flying. We just have to wait.

    I have claimed the Pigs!


    Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

  19. #10619
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    I won't be surprised if they do. Watch when they say it's type is Normal, ??? or Flying. We just have to wait.
    honestly the type i am expecting most is flying

  20. #10620

    Default

    Does anyone have any ideas for a Grass/Electric, Grass/Fire, Grass/Dragon or a Grass/Ghost type?

    I have claimed the Pigs!


    Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

  21. #10621
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    491

    Default

    I think sylveon's going to evolve using a dawn stone, and then GF will Announce a ghost type counterpart that evolves using the Dusk stone.

    The secret method stuff is probably just to create hype to get Pokemon Smash's ratings up.

  22. #10622
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    I think sylveon's going to evolve using a dawn stone, and then GF will Announce a ghost type counterpart that evolves using the Dusk stone.

    The secret method stuff is probably just to create hype to get Pokemon Smash's ratings up.
    why would they do that?
    they could have done that in gen IV
    whenever there is a new eeveelution there is a new method of evolution introduced

  23. #10623
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    whenever there is a new eeveelution there is a new method of evolution introduced
    I know this is usually the way Gamefreak does it. And I am sure it will be the way it's always done, but people need to stop spouting it every time someone mentions something. Gamefreak might keep doing things the way it does, then again, they might just do whatever they want, you know? They could make a new method to evolve Eevee, or they could use something we already have (i.e. a Dawn Stone) and use it in a new way, or in a specific place. Or just use it period.
    ***New Signature To Come***

  24. #10624
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwla View Post
    I know this is usually the way Gamefreak does it. And I am sure it will be the way it's always done, but people need to stop spouting it every time someone mentions something. Gamefreak might keep doing things the way it does, then again, they might just do whatever they want, you know? They could make a new method to evolve Eevee, or they could use something we already have (i.e. a Dawn Stone) and use it in a new way, or in a specific place. Or just use it period.
    yes but there are many reasons they wouldn't do that
    why would they be putting soooo much hype on the evolution method

  25. #10625
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas for a Grass/Electric, Grass/Fire, Grass/Dragon or a Grass/Ghost type?
    A lawn mower a.k.a. Rotom Cut Forme.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 425 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 3253754154214224234244254264274284294354755251425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •