Page 544 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4444945345405415425435445455465475485545946441544 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,600 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Oh god that thing better not be bug
    I imagined a bug one to look sooooo much cooler
    if it was bug id have liked a scorpion tail

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Well if all of that isn't enough backing,
    The fact that Pokemon Smash, mentioned that Sylveon resembles a kite themselves is enough proof in my book.
    And no offense really,
    But if your going to try and tell people no no NO! Its not a flying type, at least give your opinion as to what it would be and why,
    Coz apparently people are "wrong" for speculating.
    Again your contributing to nothing.
    Smash mentioning the kite thing, THAT is evidence, that points to Flying-type. Just show me a link to that and I will somewhat believe this Flying-type reasoning.
    I never said no no NO! I said that the evidence for Flying-type haven't really been there, just as many people have been debunking other peoples suggestions for Sylveons type. A thread about speculation and discussion needs a bit off both, and I'm contributing to the discussion part by being an opposing force. One-sided discussions are never fun are they?

I never said its typing depends on the move it learned in the video
    All those moves in the video, eevee can learn
    That wasn't aimed at you as much as the people thinking it's Brave Bird.

My guess is Sylveon is bug type considering the eyes and the butterfly ribbons/coloring. It could definately be flying or normal as well.

If there is a new type (I doubt it), I could imagine them re-categorizing normal pokemon like Jigglypuff & Clefairy into a "fairy" type which could be where Sylveon falls.

Speculation is based off if connecting the dots
    They are seriously hinting a flying type
    I don't see how Nintendo has hinted at any one type moreso than any other. The moves that we can identify with 99.9% certainty from Sylveon's game trailer are all normal-type moves that Eevee learns, which doesn't hint at anything.

A clear flying-type "hint" would be if we saw Sylveon flying in the movie short trailer - but even then, it could still be any type with Levitate as an ability.

EDIT: I hadn't read that the Smash people talked about it looking like a kite. is that really true? that does strike me as genuine "hint", but haven't the Smash people played dumb before? like when those promo posters were revealed for the "Best Wishes" series that had Iris and Cilan with no Ash, didn't they speculate that Ash wouldn't be coming back?
    Last edited by phoenix12; 11th March 2013 at 6:00 PM.

Oh god that thing better not be bug
    I imagined a bug one to look sooooo much cooler
    I would agree! I'm praying for a flying type.
    But seeing as bugs also resist fighting, I happily accept too.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    I don't see how Nintendo has hinted at any one type moreso than any other. The moves that we can identify with 99.9% certainty from Sylveon's game trailer are all normal-type moves that Eevee learns, which doesn't hint at anything.

A clear flying-type "hint" would be if we saw Sylveon flying in the movie short trailer - but even then, it could still be any type with Levitate as an ability.
    Agreed, but it wouldn't really be too logical for a not flying eeveelution to have levitate, except if it maybe was ghost.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Does my signature's gif not kind of make you think that it is flying type -.-
    Do we see it flying on it? NO
    So no sorry doesn't look like flying type (well it's not a hint at least).

I do think people have a tendency of confusing facts with assumptions. The type speculation is fun, I just think it gets a bit silly when people act like the have "proof" that it's one type versus another. All of this "evidence" I've seen discussed here is completely subjective.

FACT = Sylveon is the lightest Eevolution.
    ASSUMPTION = Light body weight means flying type, when there's plenty of heavy flying-types (Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Mantyke, Mantine, Tropius, etc.)

FACT = Sylveon has two bows on its body, with ribbons/scarves attached.
    ASSUMPTION = Those are meant to represent the tail of a kite.

The only "proof" will be when Nintendo announces its type.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

EDIT: Rather, this is essentially what I've been trying to say, but I've said it in a far inferior way.
    Last edited by Sneasel Lover; 11th March 2013 at 6:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Smash mentioning the kite thing, THAT is evidence, that points to Flying-type. Just show me a link to that and I will somewhat believe this Flying-type reasoning.
    I never said no no NO! I said that the evidence for Flying-type haven't really been there, just as many people have been debunking other peoples suggestions for Sylveons type. A thread about speculation and discussion needs a bit off both, and I'm contributing to the discussion part by being an opposing force. One-sided discussions are never fun are they?

That wasn't aimed at you as much as the people thinking it's Brave Bird.
    Yes you did say "NO" you pretty much said that when you stated, "people are drawing lines between dots that don't exist."
    And yes all speculatory conersations need both sides, as you've stated. But your not even contributing your own opinion.
    AGAIN! Your not contributing anything, let alone YOUR OWN prediction/hopes/wants.

Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

Quote Originally Posted by GDK View Post
    Do we see it flying on it? NO
    So no sorry doesn't look like flying type (well it's not a hint at least).
    not all flying types can fly...im not saying its flying, but according to pokemon logic it could happen.
    Last edited by adl222; 11th March 2013 at 6:13 PM.
    team_magma93

is that really true? that does strike me as genuine "hint", but haven't the Smash people played dumb before? like when those promo posters were revealed for the "Best Wishes" series that had Iris and Cilan with no Ash, didn't they speculate that Ash wouldn't be coming back?
    I believe the Smash people don't know the information while it's being filmed.. although I could be wrong. The Smash people simply said they thought it looked like a kite at some point. There was also a point of the Eevee segment where a kite was stuck in a tree - which could suggest a hint, but it could of been nothing.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

"It's almost 2am in Japan right now. It'll be at least 10 hours before stuff comes, probably more."
    Joe just said this on neogaf... It means it'll be around midnight EST, I hope it actually earlier than that, like around 10 PM.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Yes you did say "NO" you pretty much said that when you stated, "people are drawing lines between dots that don't exist."
    And yes all speculatory conersations need both sides, as you've stated. But your not even contributing your own opinion.
    AGAIN! Your not contributing anything, let alone YOUR OWN prediction/hopes/wants.
    My opinion is that it's impossible to tell what type it will be.
    I don't have any prediction/hopes/wants. I couldn't care less what type Sylveon is.

EDIT: And in what way does "people are drawing lines between dots that don't exist." translate into "WTF NO IT CAN'T BE FLYING-TYPE". I was simply saying that the proposed evidence shouldn't be treated as fact, as much as wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Sneasel Lover; 11th March 2013 at 6:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    "It's almost 2am in Japan right now. It'll be at least 10 hours before stuff comes, probably more."
    Joe just said this on neogaf... It means it'll be around midnight EST, I hope it actually earlier than that, like around 10 PM.
    Damn. I must sleep in about 7 hours... D: That's no fair...
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I believe the Smash people don't know the information while it's being filmed.. although I could be wrong. The Smash people simply said they thought it looked like a kite at some point. There was also a point of the Eevee segment where a kite was stuck in a tree - which could suggest a hint, but it could of been nothing.
    thank you for that! that really is news to me, and that does seem like more of a "hint" than anything else I've read.

not "proof", of course, it could be a red herring...but if the Smash people really did make multiple kite references in their Sylveon-debut-episode...that does strike me as foreshadowing. very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    Yay. 12am EST, means around 8:30-9:00pm for me! Yay!
    I hope it leaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    My opinion is that it's impossible to tell what type it will be.
    I don't have any prediction/hopes/wants. I couldn't care less what type Sylveon is.
    What the???? Then why the hell are you arguing that it won't be flying if you don't care?

Go home Sneasel Lover your drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    I believe the Smash people don't know the information while it's being filmed.. although I could be wrong.
    I think they know some stuff about them it would be hard to talk about something without prior knowedge of what it is and to give hints.

Also one of them leaked Zekroms type by accident long before it was revealed so they must have been told by somebody

Midnight...balls...so I wont find out till tomorrow morning then. I have to get up at 6am for work, so Im not waiting till Midnight for info. I'll keep my fingers crossed for something awesome in addition to Sylveon's flying type reveal.

I hope it leaks!
    Please do note that Joe says "probably more"...
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

EDIT: I hadn't read that the Smash people talked about it looking like a kite. is that really true? that does strike me as genuine "hint", but haven't the Smash people played dumb before? like when those promo posters were revealed for the "Best Wishes" series that had Iris and Cilan with no Ash, didn't they speculate that Ash wouldn't be coming back?
    Was it flying in the teaser? I can't remember.
    EDIT: just checked he/she isn't flying anywhere in the trailer. what are you on about?
    Last edited by Akimoto-Kenta; 11th March 2013 at 6:14 PM.

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

In 10 hours... It will be around 8:30 am for me.. School and stuff.. I won't find out until tomorrow afternoon D:

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

I hope it leaks!

What the???? Then why the hell are you arguing that it won't be flying if you don't care?

Go home Sneasel Lover your drunk.
    I'm very much sober, I think you should take your time to reread my posts and calm down.
    Done? Ok, then you'll now know that I'm not arguing against Flying-type, I'm arguing that Flying-type isn't as certain as people seem to think and that the evidence for it isn't really there.

so if the news is announced in japan which will be 12am here (uk time) will serebii upload the news straight away?
    Deoxys chaser

3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 0791-2010-9738

PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    Was it flying in the teaser? I can't remember.
    EDIT: just checked he/she isn't flying anywhere in the trailer. what are you on about?
    right, that was part of my point. we're agreeing. I was arguing that what people consider "evidence"/"hints" (being the lightest Eevolution, having ribbons) could be skewed to represent almost anything, not just a flying-type.

I was saying that IF Sylveon had been shown to be clearly flying through the sky in the movie short trailer, that would be a better example of a flying-type "hint". of course, then I remembered that the ability to fly doesn't mean it's a flying type - it could be a Bug/Dragon/Ghost/anything with Levitate, or be a Dustox/Volcarona/Venomoth situation.

Ok, I figure I should post here more so you guys don't have to get what I say from various other sources. In hindsight, I should have started here, but I didn't want to get you guys too over-excited.

We can never accurately time when leaks come. Sometimes it's on the 14th, sometimes it's one the 10th, more often than not it's on the 12th, as we saw with Sylveon last month. As per the rules, please don't speculate on this

What we do know is what the official CoroCoro site has said. With this issue, there will be an XY supplement. It will also be giving various stickers of the new Pokémon they have gathered. The last part is why I hesitated because it's unclear if they mean there will be new Pokémon in the supplement, or if it means that it will just be Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Xerneas and Yveltal

Page 544 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 4444945345405415425435445455465475485545946441544 ... LastLast