Page 695 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5956456856916926936946956966976986997057457951695 ... LastLast
Results 17,351 to 17,375 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    I doubt it's going to be the final evolutions of the starter pokemon. We don't usually see those until we get closer to the games release or until we play the game. It's probably just a new pokemon or a pre-evo/evolution of a previous gen.

I'll be happy if Fennekin doesn't become fire/fighting cause it's seriously getting old. Blaziken was great, Infernape was.... ok, but Emboar was just terrible that's three times in a row, in a ROW! Please don't let Fennekin be a forth.
    i agree that a fourth is too much and that Fennekin should be a different type pairing

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

I don't know where people get the idea that Sylveon is this generation's "zoroark/Lucario" if we get one at all. It doesn't follow the precident set by Zoroark/Lucario at all of there being a baby form that evolves into its adult form, Sylveon is an eeveelution and is just one of many options. Zoro/Luca were also treated as pokemon that were far more important than others in the universe, almost to the point of legend status. I can guarantee you that Sylveon will not recieve that prominence.

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I don't know where people get the idea that Sylveon is this generation's "zoroark/Lucario" if we get one at all. It doesn't follow the precident set by Zoroark/Lucario at all of there being a baby form that evolves into its adult form, Sylveon is an eeveelution and is just one of many options. Zoro/Luca were also treated as pokemon that were far more important than others in the universe, almost to the point of legend status. I can guarantee you that Sylveon will not recieve that prominence.
    It's an Eeveelution, that gives it a pretty big prominence as you say. Granted i agree with you that Sylv properly isn't this year Zora/Luca you can't say that it won't be i don't think

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Yeah but... that's a different kind of prominence. Lucario and Zoroark were treated as nearly being legendary pokemon. Eeveelutions are special, sure, but they've never been near legendary
    Last edited by Elnava; 1st April 2013 at 6:52 PM.

All three are two-staged
    They are featured in a movie (or a short) before their region's debut
    Zoroark and Lucario had 1 given per game (can't say the same for Sylveon yet)

I don't think sylveon will take that place, it matches criteria. Unless the Pokemon revealed Saturday will have a side role in the movie, making it the next Lucario/Zoroark.

Edit: Lucario and Zoroark are not psuedo-Legendary. They may have a sort of esteem in the anime, they don't carry Legendary status in game....
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

i guess, i never treated them like legendary but i do agree they are special

That Griffen like pokemon is very badly drawn, obvious fake
    But I liked the idea of it apart from it been light type
    Not a fan simply because the type isn't needed
    ____

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by Sinncrow View Post
    A April Fools fakemon has popped up with a lot of fake info; anyone know where to post it?
    Yeah, please show it to us
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    That Griffen like pokemon is very badly drawn, obvious fake
    But I liked the idea of it apart from it been light type
    Not a fan simply because the type isn't needed
    ____
    Is this the April Fool's Pokemon!? Please show us! I have yet to see it!
    Last edited by AmbipomMaster; 1st April 2013 at 6:57 PM. Reason: grammar...

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Is this the April Fool's Pokemon!? Please show us! I have yet to see it!
    I'm not gonna risk the infraction
    But head to pokememes to take a look

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Meh, I expected better. The head looks weirdly placed on the body.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    i guess, i never treated them like legendary but i do agree they are special
    This is half observation and half personal bias
    1. They played big roles in their respective films and they are treated specially in the games(you generally only get one in their respective gens/are given plenty of lore and attention)
    2. They are my personal favorite pokemon of their respective generations and are high on my list of favorites overall

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I'm not gonna risk the infraction
    But head to pokememes to take a look
    Oh goodness....not even worth posting.
    This is so bad.....I love the fact they added that it's Light type. The joke's on us hahah

This is half observation and half personal bias
    1. They played big roles in their respective films and they are treated specially in the games(you generally only get one in their respective gens/are given plenty of lore and attention)
    2. They are my personal favorite pokemon of their respective generations and are high on my list of favorites overall
    Sylveon has got it's own short aswell as Eevee up until the sequels was only obtainable once in game. I'm honestly not too bothered about Lucario and Zoroak, i used to love Lucario but now it's over used

On topic those fakes scans of the griffan is woeful tbh but i liked this After you beat the Elite Four you gain access to an island. You can then go back into the world and recruit AI trainers or friends (like Join Avenue) to create a town, and ultimately your own gym and may favorite thing about the fake All ledges on the field will now be slides.

Yeah but that's a short, Pichu got its own short as well. Zoroark and Lucario were like the main pokemon of full length films

That griffin looks terrible

Yeah but that's a short, Pichu got its own short as well. Zoroark and Lucario were like the main pokemon of full length films

That griffin looks terrible
    Pichu is sort of important in that it evolves into the main pokemon mascot soooooooooo

I'm disappoint of the fake art today some in the past have been great

Well... it's still just a short...

It's head looks like it was squished onto its body

Well... it's still just a short...

It's head looks like it was squished onto its body
    haha yeah again i agree with you that it properly isn't the Zora/Luca but i don't think we can rule it out

The best fake art we've had so far i think was that Jynx one

I do think Sylveon is Zoroark or Lucario of this generation. It was revealed early due to movie purposes (or in this case short). Unless Saturday's Pokemon plays a role in the Genesect film I think Sylveon will be the equivalent to them as of right now. :\

Also that griffin does look awful, like god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    The best fake art we've had so far i think was that Jynx one
    Oh I agree. That and that one raven, from the first fake image, have been my favorites of the fakes.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Yeah the Jynx was pretty good. But the transition from Yama Uba to belly dancer was a little weird for me

Sylveon is just nowhere near fitting the role. Look at Lucario, look at Zoroark, then look at Sylveon... yeeeeaaaah...

Sylveon is just nowhere near fitting the role. Look at Lucario, look at Zoroark, then look at Sylveon... yeeeeaaaah...
    It's not in appearance that I'm looking at. Lucario had its own film, Zoroark had its own film, and Sylveon has its own short. It may not be as much of a role in comparison to the two, but it's still somewhat there. :\

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Yeah but that breaks the chain. Pokemon who have their own shorts are of some importance but they were never Lucario/Zoroark especially if that short was their first screen debut.

Yeah the Jynx was pretty good. But the transition from Yama Uba to belly dancer was a little weird for me

i can see similarities between the three of them but i do hope we get another Zora/Luca pokemon sort of like a metalic wolverine pokemon maybe ice/steel type

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I do think Sylveon is Zoroark or Lucario of this generation. It was revealed early due to movie purposes (or in this case short). Unless Saturday's Pokemon plays a role in the Genesect film I think Sylveon will be the equivalent to them as of right now. :\

Also that griffin does look awful, like god awful.

Oh I agree. That and that one raven, from the first fake image, have been my favorites of the fakes.
    i did really like that bird, it was soooooo cool and i even liked that pink bug that was with it. Better than some of the other bug types that were made *couch Burmy

I'm hoping for a Wolf Luca/Zoro thingy. Maybe Ice/something? Fighting?

I'm hoping for a Wolf Luca/Zoro thingy. Maybe Ice/something? Fighting?
    If you are gonna get a new Lucario/Zoroark for Gen VI I would like it this time to be at least psychic type.

Fighting/Steel
    Dark
    Psychic/???

Now that I think about it IMO Zoroark should have been Dark/Psychic because of the whole illusion thing but I'm fine with it.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Page 695 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 5956456856916926936946956966976986997057457951695 ... LastLast