Page 893 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7938438838898908918928938948958968979039439931893 ... LastLast
Results 22,301 to 22,325 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    Now if there was only a way to cheaply go into a medically induce coma until CoroCoro is released. Or better yet, October...
    lol at this point i just might consider such drastic measures :P
    so excited for this game, i have never really followed a main series game this much since platinum!

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    lol at this point i just might consider such drastic measures :P
    so excited for this game, i have never really followed a main series game this much since platinum!
    (Remembers the day he saw that Aipom was getting an evolution and how he thought he might die)
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure

Bastion's Current Team:

This generation is exciting for many reasons, but, for me, most important, assuming they don't increase the number of Pokemon that you can carry in your party, this will be the first time your team can consist of 6 different Pokemon, from 6 different generations, 6 different regions, etc., it's just cool.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    This generation is exciting for many reasons, but, for me, most important, assuming they don't increase the number of Pokemon that you can carry in your party, this will be the first time your team can consist of 6 different Pokemon, from 6 different generations, 6 different regions, etc., it's just cool.
    I wish they'd let you find starters in the wild though, even if it is previous gens starters, or like of they do something like giving the elemental monkey to you depending on your starter but with like johto starters instead of monkeys
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Oh man, I'm right there with you. I've been thinking of several different teams to put together, always leaving one space open, hoping to get an awesome pokemon with a great type synergy to just slide into place as if it was always meant to be.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    I wish they'd let you find starters in the wild though, even if it is previous gens starters, or like of they do something like giving the elemental monkey to you depending on your starter but with like johto starters instead of monkeys
    They could do that but, that would mostly be post game like they did in hgss

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Even though I always talk about having a pure Water Type Starter team, just being able to put 6 Pokemon together as team in general, forming a pure-multi-generational team will be cool. Favorites of every generation, 6 of the strongest from every generation, whatever. However, I'm sure there'll be events for getting the other generations' starters.

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It would be more baffling if we didn't. May was when BW1's info started pouring out, so there's precedent.
    At worst we just get more information on Mewtwo's forme & maybe Slyveon (Slyveon maybe more likely due to the eevee-themed 3ds due to be revealed the same day?).

Barring an all new game announcement there's really not much else they can focus on. Anything more of the movie would reveal too much (& there's already a manga running that's covering like the first half of the movie before it even releases); Pokemon Rumble U is already out and if it gets any coverage it will probably be little blurbs about passwords/figures
    I believe that they will not reveal any new info that is not connected to the movies and the short. The last piece of info that they can possibly reveal is Sylveon's type. I think we will get info on that in may's corocoro. It is really is about time that they gave us that info.

Even though I always talk about having a pure Water Type Starter team, just being able to put 6 Pokemon together as team in general, forming a pure-multi-generational team will be cool. Favorites of every generation, 6 of the strongest from every generation, whatever. However, I'm sure there'll be events for getting the other generations' starters.
    I want a team of my six favorite starters so bad. Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Snivy, and Chespin all on one team. Makes me feel good.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I want a team of my six favorite starters so bad. Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Snivy, and Chespin all on one team. Makes me feel good.
    It's a cool feeling. Hopefully, we'll get some new overdue type combinations as well, to make it every more exciting.

It's a cool feeling. Hopefully, we'll get some new overdue type combinations as well, to make it every more exciting.
    What are some new type combinations are you guys hoping for? I want something like a Poison/Ice type. Poison doesn't have a lot of combinations.
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure

Bastion's Current Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post
    What are some new type combinations are you guys hoping for? I want something like a Poison/Ice type. Poison doesn't have a lot of combinations.
    psychic/dark and bug/dark
    also more grass/dark would be cool

Thinking about it gives me about the same feeling as the first time I watched the X and Y trailer.

I'm really wanting a Grass/Ghost, Ice/Rock, and Fire/Water more than any others.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Thinking about it gives me about the same feeling as the first time I watched the X and Y trailer.

I'm really wanting a Grass/Ghost, Ice/Rock, and Fire/Water more than any others.
    Grass/Ghost, Grass/Fire, Grass/Dragon, Ice/Poison, Fire/Water, those are my top 5, probably go for Ice/Poison and Fire/Water as top two. Another more useful Fire/Electric would be cool to.

Just sitting here, working on evolving this Eevee into an Umbreon for the sake of dex completion. Suddenly, an idea came to me...
    What if there was a Pokemon that evolved by level up while its happiness is 0, Skullgreymon style? Of course, Pokemon games don't encourage mistreating your partners, but there are plenty of beneficial items that lower your Pokemon's happiness. I also think this could be incorporated well into the plot, perhaps with your rival or an admin of the villainous team stealing a Pokemon, and having it later evolve into its "Unhappy Evolution."

Let's think of an example... I've always wanted a koala Pokemon. Let's imagine a pure Grass, 60s across the board, green koala with leaves instead of ears and holding a eucalyptus branch. It evolves when it levels up with its Happiness is 20>H>220, less than 20 or greater than 220. If H>220, it evolves into a primarily white koala with bright green leaves covering its ears, hands, and feet, and two big leaves on its stomach in the shape of a heart. This one would have a defensive stat spread, with high HP, DEF, and Sp.DEF, moderate ATK and low Sp.ATK and SPD. If it evolves with 20>H, the evolved form would be a pitch black koala with similar details, but with decaying brown leaves and a skull pattern on its chest. This one would, conversely, have high Sp.ATK and SPD, moderate HP, and low DEF and Sp.DEF.

That example may well be horrible... it's late and I'm tired. I just think it'd be cool to see some benefit to low Happiness, given that currently the only benefit is Frustration, which compared to Return is near impossible to maintain.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    Just sitting here, working on evolving this Eevee into an Umbreon for the sake of dex completion. Suddenly, an idea came to me...
    What if there was a Pokemon that evolved by level up while its happiness is 0, Skullgreymon style? Of course, Pokemon games don't encourage mistreating your partners, but there are plenty of beneficial items that lower your Pokemon's happiness. I also think this could be incorporated well into the plot, perhaps with your rival or an admin of the villainous team stealing a Pokemon, and having it later evolve into its "Unhappy Evolution."

Let's think of an example... I've always wanted a koala Pokemon. Let's imagine a pure Grass, 60s across the board, green koala with leaves instead of ears and holding a eucalyptus branch. It evolves when it levels up with its Happiness is 20>H>220, less than 20 or greater than 220. If H>220, it evolves into a primarily white koala with bright green leaves covering its ears, hands, and feet, and two big leaves on its stomach in the shape of a heart. This one would have a defensive stat spread, with high HP, DEF, and Sp.DEF, moderate ATK and low Sp.ATK and SPD. If it evolves with 20>H, the evolved form would be a pitch black koala with similar details, but with decaying brown leaves and a skull pattern on its chest. This one would, conversely, have high Sp.ATK and SPD, moderate HP, and low DEF and Sp.DEF.

That example may well be horrible... it's late and I'm tired. I just think it'd be cool to see some benefit to low Happiness, given that currently the only benefit is Frustration, which compared to Return is near impossible to maintain.
    that's a cool idea. i know it encourages mistreating your pokemon, but it is still a good idea. i think it would fit a dark or ghost type best.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    that's a cool idea. i know it encourages mistreating your pokemon, but it is still a good idea. i think it would fit a dark or ghost type best.
    Mm, I agree, but I was trying to think of a way it could utilize Frustration to its maximum potential, and going off of my Koala example, I realized that the best method would be to make it Grass/Normal for the sake of STAB, leaving no room for a Dark or Ghost typing. Instead of rewriting my example, I opted to just omit that detail. ._.;
    My Shinies:

It's a nice idea, but it would be weird considering how they are supposedly emphasizing bonding in this gen. And Sylveon doesn't look like a pokemon which meant to be unhappy, actually it looks the opposite.
    Thought, this method would be cool for some other pokemon. Some evil pokemon (evil Koala lol )
    Come to think of it, this method might be useful if we get another eeveelution, maybe an unhappy counterpart to Sylveon.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    It's a nice idea, but it would be weird considering how they are supposedly emphasizing bonding in this gen. And Sylveon doesn't look like a pokemon which meant to be unhappy, actually it looks the opposite.
    Sylveon is merely putting on a facade to hide its despair. It wakes up every morning hating itself, only showing the most forced smile it can muster for the sake of peace. It doesn't want its friends constantly questioning it about its depression, about the dark emotions that stir ravenously in its heart. No, the best way to keep them at bay is to act like everything is fine, unknowingly letting the pain build up indefinitely in its heart until the day it all comes out in a bloody tantrum of unfathomable hatred.
    My Shinies:

Sylveon is merely putting on a facade to hide its despair. It wakes up every morning hating itself, only showing the most forced smile it can muster for the sake of peace. It doesn't want its friends constantly questioning it about its depression, about the dark emotions that stir ravenously in its heart. No, the best way to keep them at bay is to act like everything is fine, unknowingly letting the pain build up indefinitely in its heart until the day it all comes out in a bloody tantrum of unfathomable hatred.
    I can totally see this as Sylveon's pokedex entry
    If this is the reality, I guess the unhappiness method would work just fine

If they don't give us 5 new pokemon until June's corocoro.....
    They will have some problems....BIG PROBLEMS....MUAHHAHAHAHAHYFGHAH
    *dies*

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post

If they don't give us 5 new pokemon until June's corocoro.....
    They will have some problems....BIG PROBLEMS....MUAHHAHAHAHAHYFGHAH
    *dies*
    5 pokes is asking for waay too much. With the way things are going now, I'll be happy with just one new poke.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    5 pokes is asking for waay too much. With the way things are going now, I'll be happy with just one new poke.
    I'd say two, and Sylveon details. I think the mods hate Sylveon BTW, for causing the most arguments on the forum, like ever, so type revealing would probably make them throw a party or summin'.

Oh! And Xerny and Yvey details!

Look at the front of the dex page! 54 (53 Not including Mewtwo, 55 counting the very unlikely Genesect.) Pokemon possibly in the dex, and we only have 12 new Pokemon confirmed? (Starters, evoes (Not revealed, but basically confirmed), Sylveon and Legends) Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    In other notes did anyone noticed that the native electric types in the last two gens were based on animals found in africa?

Luxray (lion), Zebstrika (Zebra), so maybe this gen will get a Elephant, Rhino or Giraffe? My money is on the Rhino
    A cheetah, similar yellow/black colour style of most electric pokes and awesome speed another trait of a lot of electric pokes?

Whilst that picture is fake, I can also see a robin being a regional bird. We have them a lot in Britain but also I'm sure they get them in north and west France...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I'd say two, and Sylveon details. I think the mods hate Sylveon BTW, for causing the most arguments on the forum, like ever, so type revealing would probably make them throw a party or summin'.
    I think everybody feels that way about slyveon I know I sure do.
    Last edited by WNDR; 27th April 2013 at 9:33 AM.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Look at the front of the dex page! 54 (53 Not including Mewtwo, 55 counting the very unlikely Genesect.) Pokemon possibly in the dex, and we only have 12 new Pokemon confirmed? (Starters, evoes (Not revealed, but basically confirmed), Sylveon and Legends) Come on!
    And out of that 12, we only properly know about the 3 starters.
    This is just stupid.
    Oh and that 54 pokes being in the dex is completely speculation. I'm pretty sure even GF doesn't know the dex yet.

Page 893 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 7938438838898908918928938948958968979039439931893 ... LastLast