Page 924 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 82487491492092192292392492592692792893497410241924 ... LastLast
Results 23,076 to 23,100 of 90900

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Ghost type. Them creepy eyes, man.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    How, do you ask? I want some reasons why Sylveon wouldn't be a Dragon type. We have discussed every single aspect of Sylveon, where ANY type would possibly work. Are you saying Sylveon would be Steel type before it woulod be Dragon?

How about the matching color scheme to the 3rd Generation typing of Dragon? All the other Eeveelutions match their respective 3rd Generation typing colors too, mind you.

Or how about the fact that all the Eeveelutions match the 3rd Generation's "Special Types" except Dragon? And whaddya know, we get only one Eeveelution. Strange....

Or how about this? Sylveon's odd move

Compare that to this: Dragon Pulse

Or this: Dragon Claw

Now, I have a fairly supportive argument. So, I would say Dragon is one of the closest types Sylveon could be. Certainly not the last possible type.
    Or it can be literally any other move involving rings of some sort. Or not even that. It's not like the anime hasn't taken liberties with moves before. And that's assuming that it isn't a new move.

As for why it can't be dragon, simple: It's not reptilian or serpentine. The word dragon comes from the greek "Drakon" which means "A serpent of huge size". The only non-reptilian or serpentine dragon-type we have so far is Altaria, which is based off some mythological chinese bird-dragon. And it's not that much of a stretch. Taken an obviously mammalian pokemon and saying it's dragon type is though.

Just because it doesn't look it doesn't mean it isn't.
    You have absolutely no way of knowing Sylveon is mammalian, and I have no way of knowing it's draconic; that's why it's called speculation.

And the mammal factor applies not one bit, since your mammals apparently lay eggs in the Pokemon world.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    Just because it doesn't look it doesn't mean it isn't. You have absolutely no way of knowing Sylveon is mammalian, and I have no way of knowing it's draconic; that's why it's called speculation.And the mammal factor applies not one bit, since your mammals apparently lay eggs in the Pokemon world.
    Well, Eevee is a fox. I wish Sylveon's name gave us a hint. The only thing I can think of that begins with "Sylv" is "Sylvester".
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Ghost type. Them creepy eyes, man.
    I guess the eyes are a little creepy... They always reminded me more of Jigglypuff than a Ghost Type though. xD

Just because it doesn't look it doesn't mean it isn't.
    You have absolutely no way of knowing Sylveon is mammalian, and I have no way of knowing it's draconic; that's why it's called speculation.
    It has hair. Case closed. Eevee has hair. It evolves into Sylveon. Case double closed. All eeveelutions except Vaporeon have hair. Case triple closed.
    And the mammal factor applies not one bit, since your mammals apparently lay eggs in the Pokemon world.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotreme
    Also, you know, the whole gameplay thing. That's probably the main reason for the eggs.

Anyways, my main point is GF wouldn't give something that is in no way, shape, or form draconic dragon-typing.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs25/f/20...azy_Dragon.jpg

Oh, wow, a dragon with hair.

Nice, you're giving me one animal classed as a mammal that can lay eggs. And no, I don't want you to link more examples.

Also, it is a game, so they can do whatever they want with it; you don't know if they used the whole 'mammals & reptiles' etc to group Pokemon.
    The 'case closed' line is kind of does not apply, dude, because you, as much as anyone else, is giving your own personal idea.

My point is you don't know what GF would do, becasue you're here, and not there.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs25/f/20...azy_Dragon.jpg

Oh, wow, a dragon with hair.

Nice, you're giving me one animal classed as a mammal that can lay eggs. And no, I don't want you to link more examples.

Also, it is a game, so they can do whatever they want with it; you don't know if they used the whole 'mammals & reptiles' etc to group Pokemon.
    The 'case closed' line is kind of does not apply, dude, because you, as much as anyone else, is giving your own personal idea.

My point is you don't know what GF would do, becasue you're here, and not there.
    At least look at the link. A monotreme is not "one animal". It's a group including animals such as Platypi and Echidna. And since when are deviantart drawings a good source for forum arguments? At least link me to something like a wikipedia article about a dragon with hair. And if you find one, it will probably be reptilian. Unlike Sylveon.
    And dragon-types, by definition, are based on dragons. This means they must be draconic in some way, shape, or form. Sylveon is not the least bit draconic.
    Last edited by Asbestospoison; 6th May 2013 at 2:04 AM.

Oh, now you want me to give you a link to a picture with a REAL dragon with hair. If only maned dragons was such a researched topic.
    I said it before; just because it doesn't look like what one is used to seeing matters not one bit.
    I'm just stating my opinion, and you're basically saying,'Errrmmm, no,no. You see, we have research on all these Metronome animals and stuff, so yeah.'

In any case, I can't really debate with you, because you're backing something which is proved to exist in the world, and I'm backing something which has nearly nothing to go on.
    It's all still just views.
    Come CoroCoro or whatever, and it'll be announced that Sylveon is a Water type; all we're doing is discussing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm0mJOMwQO8

Fighting type confirmed? Or is this just meant to be crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    I would like a new form for rotom, maybe a steel/electric toy robot with levitate
    well the robot form has been mentioned in gen 4 so it would seem plausible. Any thoughts on what attack would that give rotom? (Eg like hydro pump overheat etc)

I also think an pure eelctruc form could work if it was a lightbulb form giving rotom access to zap cannon or a new move entirely.(i'm aware this form probably wouln't be too popular)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post

Fighting type confirmed? Or is this just meant to be crazy?
    Meant to be crazy. She is probably only going choppy just to entertain the audience while being in a Sylveon costume. And as for the earlier tweet sent, Masuda also laughs after saying "just wait a little longer (laughs)".

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestospoison View Post
    At least look at the link. A monotreme is not "one animal". It's a group including animals such as Platypi and Echidna. And since when are deviantart drawings a good source for forum arguments? At least link me to something like a wikipedia article about a dragon with hair. And if you find one, it will probably be reptilian. Unlike Sylveon.
    And dragon-types, by definition, are based on dragons. This means they must be draconic in some way, shape, or form. Sylveon is not the least bit draconic.
    As Nacreous said on here earlier, it could be based on a Dragon Li, a domesticated Chinese cat.

And do you know for sure it has hair? As you said, Vaporeon doesn't have hair; and we've had no implication Sylveon has hair.

And based on your logic, Kingdra shouldn't be a Dragon. It's a fish, after all.

And Eeveelutions hardly learn moves outside their elemental type. And none of them can learn any Dragon type moves (bar Hidden Power), and I understand I'm comparing moves from the anime in my last post, but I must the only one who finds it weird that the move Sylveon used was the exact color of the Dragon type moves.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Masuda also laughs after saying "just wait a little longer (laughs)".
    And…… where was his trollface?
    Speculating on Sylveon's type really won't get us anywhere in this.

I'd still really like Ghost-typed Tailed Beast Pokémon. Dissimilar to that of Naruto lore, this line is a three-line family, with the first having three tails, the second six tails, and the last nine tails.

Look at pokémon smash's trailer. Could Sylveon be a fighting type!?
    /watch?v=uoVHsw-LsT0
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Well, Eevee is a fox. I wish Sylveon's name gave us a hint. The only thing I can think of that begins with "Sylv" is "Sylvester".
    It is a hint. All Eevee's forms' names are hints:
    JOLTeon: Electric
    VAPOReaon: Water
    FLAREon: Fire
    UMBReon: Dark (Umbra being a shadow cast by the moon)
    ESPeon: Psychic
    GLACeon: Ice
    LEAFeon: Grass
    SYLVeon: ??? (Sylph is a wind variety of a Nymph/spirit/fairy)

It's either Flying or this new Fairy type.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylph

That just links to the accepted definition of Sylphs. And its not like the Japanese aren't familiar with them. Since Final Fantasy 3, Sylph has been a summon in one way or another;usually with the attack Whispering Wind and is designated as a Fairy or Air Elemental. This thing is Flying or Fairy (if there's no Fairy type introduced, its Flying). There's no way its Dragon. Like, at all.

I originally said it's obviously Flying given its name and everything, but with the introduction of the possibility of Fairy, that's also highly likely given the name and aesthetics of it. If Fairy type is real, then Sylveon is Fairy. If it's not real, then Sylveon is flying. Why there is still debate is because people are grasping at straws. I mean, you really have to be to see this thing as Steel or Dragon in any conceivable way.
    Last edited by Bus; 6th May 2013 at 3:44 AM.

Stop posting the stupid pokemon smash clip

she's wielding the "ribbons" like nunchucks as part of a series where grown men dress in eeveelution suits doing silly things
    it means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

she's wielding the "ribbons" like nunchucks as part of a series where grown men dress in eeveelution suits doing silly things
    it means nothing
    Here here, during the clip, she looks totally confused about what to do in the costume, it's just for humor.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

it means nothing
    I posted it once. Who else posted it besides me?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I posted it once. Who else posted it besides me?
    two pages ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    Was convinced of Sylveon being a new type untill this weeks Pokemon Smash.
    Will sylveon be a fighting type? (wtf)
    and I believe this was maybe posted in another thread?
    and then someone posted it after you on the same page because of course

Hope corocoro brings at least a decent amount of new info. Region name, currently revealed pokemons typing, new pokemon, and perhaps the new rumored type fairy. Or rumored character customization confirmation.

What about other starters in the dex that are rare in the wild but findable? I would love to see that. We could get starters without trading.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    What about other starters in the dex that are rare in the wild but findable? I would love to see that. We could get starters without trading.
    Eh. Unless they aren't available until after game completion and they're only in a safari zone or something like that, I don't like that idea. Starter pokemon are supposed to be just that, starter pokemon, and in the games they are not supposed to be in the wild. It makes them less special, less valuable.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    Eh. Unless they aren't available until after game completion and they're only in a safari zone or something like that, I don't like that idea. Starter pokemon are supposed to be just that, starter pokemon, and in the games they are not supposed to be in the wild. It makes them less special, less valuable.
    i agree. it makes the choice at the start really pointless. i like having to choose one and then have to trade for the rest. there is a reason that the starters aren't available in-game. i just feel like it makes them less important and special.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Or making all starters gift pokemon like in Yellow

Page 924 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 82487491492092192292392492592692792893497410241924 ... LastLast