Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by MistaBuck View Post
    another pic of the Pokemon. pretty sure its fake now
        Spoiler:- Pokemon 2:
    Ofc its fake, Smash hasn't haired yet and that a picture from smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Ofc its fake, Smash hasn't haired yet and that a picture from smash.
    true that
    what does ofc mean btw?
    STUNFISK IS A HERo

true that
    what does ofc mean btw?
    it means of course
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

true that
    what does ofc mean btw?
    "of course"
    anyway, i'm pretty confident it's fake too but technically, since it's been said that the smash episodes are recorded months in advance, it could be leaked. but i doubt it's real anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

true that
    what does ofc mean btw?
    Of course.
    Pretty sure it's fake as well, but I actually kid of like its design.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

As for fairy type I just don't see the point. It's of course possible but what would it counter, what would resist it? It seems strange they would base a type on fairies. Fairies if you look at the mythology of the creatures they actually quite evil (leading unsuspecting people into the forest where they would meet their doom etc). And 'good' fairies are represented like tinkabell which is not a direction I want game freak to go in, although with the looks of sylveon maybe its to late. I personally don't want to see fairies that are all feminine, and that is unfortunately how game freak would depict them as to not scare away the intended target audience, 10 year olds.... Light type just makes more sense, dark and light just gel like fire and water... I understand fighting type currently represents light, I fully get that, but why can't there be two types that stand for justice but go about it in different ways?? Fighting is obviously physical, light can be more special??

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRayne View Post
    As for fairy type I just don't see the point. It's of course possible but what would it counter, what would resist it? It seems strange they would base a type on fairies. Fairies if you look at the mythology of the creatures they actually quite evil (leading unsuspecting people into the forest where they would meet their doom etc). And 'good' fairies are represented like tinkabell which is not a direction I want game freak to go in, although with the looks of sylveon maybe its to late. I personally don't want to see fairies that are all feminine, and that is unfortunately how game freak would depict them as to not scare away the intended target audience, 10 year olds.... Light type just makes more sense, dark and light just gel like fire and water... I understand fighting type currently represents light, I fully get that, but why can't there be two types that stand for justice but go about it in different ways?? Fighting is obviously physical, light can be more special??
    Again, because dark isn't about the absence of light or the color black. So light wouldn't even make sense as a counter to it in the original versions.
    And TBH, i don't know why or how fairy-type even came about, but the rumors regarding where it would go in the type-chart make sense. it would be immune to dragon, super effective against fighting, dragon, and dark, and weak to poison and steel. dragon and fighting-type pokemon have overrun the metagame and thus the fairy type would be created to create a balance that won't completely overthrow the two types. whereas poison and steel sort of need a buff. poison has been weak to only one type since gen II and that's grass. On top of that, grass-type is commonly paired with other types that negate the weakness to poison. And some that are weak to it are heavily defensive grass types, such as serperior and meganium. So giving poison type another type it can be SE against would buff it. Steel is just an overall defensive type and it could also use a slight offensive boost. Why they chose fairy (if the rumors are true) i have no idea. But the type-chart makes sense when it's included.

It could act as a check to Dragon types which as of now is only resisted by one type and only has two weaknesses. You may argue that the Dragon type is SUPPOSED to be the most powerful type, but a metagame dominated by a single type is a metagame gone stagnant I think. Also, Steel and Poison, while stellar defensivly, are very poor offensively, with Posion only being supereffective to one type, and steel being resisted by water, fire, steel, electric and only being super effective against two types

Edit: Dang you guys type fast
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

I'm hoping that I'll get to see Unova starters in the Kalos region pokedex, just like in Johto when they had Kanto starters in the Johto region pokedex. But I know it probably won't happen.

another pic of the Pokemon. pretty sure its fake now
        Spoiler:- Pokemon 2:
    Added to the RUMORS & FAKE SCANS thread.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I don't get your logic. One Pokemon= all of them? Also no, believe it or not they wouldn't all be Tinkerbell. Does Xerneas look at all like a Tinkerbell fairy? What about Mawile which is based off the legend off of futakuchi-onna which doesn't look like a Tinkerbell at all. Also while were at it your 10 year old audience claim has no logic as well. Ever read the Pokedex entries of some Pokemon? or if you read the futakuchi-onna legend that's not 10 year old appropriate either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I really hope the psuedo isn't dragon unless there will be two psuedos, then I may be ok with it.
    What about a Ghost/Steel Psuedo Legendary..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

IF there will be a new type, I hope it will be somethimg unexpected and something we or the internet has not speculated yet. There are arguments for Love, Magic and Fairy, but all those types also have loads of arguments including some more solid ones against them.

Can we get a pseudo legendary that isn't a psychic or dragon type? How about an electric type? Or even a water type? Water pokemon are always abundant, so surely it would get pseudo legendary status eventually?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    What about a Ghost/Steel Psuedo Legendary..
    man that would be good. tons or resistances and hardly any weaknesses. It would be powerful and strong, but what sort of creature or thing would it be based on?
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Can we get a pseudo legendary that isn't a psychic or dragon type? How about an electric type? Or even a water type? Water pokemon are always abundant, so surely it would get pseudo legendary status eventually?
    I would absolutely love a water-type pseudo legendary. especially if it's bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I would absolutely love a water-type pseudo legendary. especially if it's bulky.
    If it was up to you, what sort of animal would you like the water type to based off of? I'm trying to recall what animal GF hasn't done yet. A water serpent? A lion fish? A dolphin?
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I would find it interesting if there was a poison legendary.
    Omega Sapphire team

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    If it was up to you, what sort of animal would you like the water type to based off of? I'm trying to recall what animal GF hasn't done yet. A water serpent? A lion fish? A dolphin?
    i'd honestly go with a krakken, but a smaller version. i don't know why but i would like that and i think it would go well with the hydra we got in this gen.

i'd honestly go with a krakken, but a smaller version. i don't know why but i would like that and i think it would go well with the hydra we got in this gen.
    How about a aspidochelone? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspidochelone
    Omega Sapphire team

Again, because dark isn't about the absence of light or the color black. So light wouldn't even make sense as a counter to it in the original versions.
    And TBH, i don't know why or how fairy-type even came about, but the rumors regarding where it would go in the type-chart make sense. it would be immune to dragon, super effective against fighting, dragon, and dark, and weak to poison and steel. dragon and fighting-type pokemon have overrun the metagame and thus the fairy type would be created to create a balance that won't completely overthrow the two types. whereas poison and steel sort of need a buff. poison has been weak to only one type since gen II and that's grass. On top of that, grass-type is commonly paired with other types that negate the weakness to poison. And some that are weak to it are heavily defensive grass types, such as serperior and meganium. So giving poison type another type it can be SE against would buff it. Steel is just an overall defensive type and it could also use a slight offensive boost. Why they chose fairy (if the rumors are true) i have no idea. But the type-chart makes sense when it's included.
    I can't speak for Dark but with the others it's also possible that they're getting it from mythology:

Steel- In European Mythology fairies have a weakness to iron.
    Dragon- Dragons are typically portrayed as weaker then fairies, or at least in conflict with them.
    Poison- Fairies are portrayed as beings closely related to nature, of course like nature they are badly affected by poison.
    Fighting-Bit iffy on this one but my best guess is that Fighting represents morally upright behavior and fairies oftentimes use their cunning to play tricks on them. Unlike dark though, fairies are usually portrayed as playful rather then malicious.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 18th May 2013 at 8:39 AM. Reason: Mixed up fighting and dark

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Man i can't beleive it..only 15 more Hours to go until the reveal..

Also all the supposed weakness for the Fairy Type do make a ton of sense..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

I hope after those 15 hours we are able to shut certain discussions haha

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    O.O You mean like... Sylveon/Fairy Type Discussion?

... Eh, I hope at least the Fairy thing turns out to be a fake thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    I hope that too but GF has been known for their trolliness. I'm still a bit worried that we still won't get Sylveon's, Xerneas' or Yveltal's types.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Page 1146 of 3636 FirstFirst ... 1461046109611361142114311441145114611471148114911501156119612462146 ... LastLast