Page 1 of 3636 1234511511011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Default Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Discuss and speculate about the POSSIBLE NEW POKEMON, and EXISTING POKEMON THAT WILL BE PRESENT in Pokemon X & Y.

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

The following are a list of known Pokemon that appeared in every gameplay trailer, promotional artwork, screenshot, etc.
    However, take note that all Pokemon listed below COULD NOT be part of the Regional Dex.

According to Masuda, all(?) Pokemon will be obtainable but collecting them will be almost impossible.

LIST OF GEN 6 POKEMON (Current Total: 69)
        Spoiler:- Gen 6 Pokemon:

THE KALOS DEX
    Lucario At Service has been keeping track of the 3 Kalos Dexes
        Spoiler:- Kalos Dex:

PICTURES OF ALL NEW POKEMON & CURRENT MEGA EVOLUTIONS
        Spoiler:- Compiled Image (Note: I didn't make this):
    Last edited by R_N; 5th October 2013 at 8:08 PM. Reason: Kalos Dexes

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

The only pokémon that I think for definite will be in the new pokédex are the ones that were in the states from the building in the trailer:
    * Eevee line
    * Dratini line
    * Golett line
    * Tympole line

Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 8th January 2013 at 1:45 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Continuing on to Shalour City
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

"My pokémon aren't mindless tools, they're my friends and family"

From what I have remembered off my head, I think the confirmed pokemon is something like

- Pikachu (and Raichu)
    - Magikarp (and Gyarados of course)
    - Golurk (and Golett of course)
    - Munchlax (and Snorlax)
    - Kirlia (Ralts and Gardevoir confirmed. Gallade might be :3)
    - Pansear (Simisear. It's almost confirmed that Panpour and Pansage are together, since they're so bromantic)
    - Patrat (and Watchog)
    - Litwick (Lampent, Chandelure)
    - Psyduck (Golduck)
    - Weavile (Sneasel) <At the scene when Audino uses Wish, go back a bit really fast.)
    - Audino
    - Mienfoo (Mienshao)
    - Dratini (Dragonair, Dragonite)

Ooh above me. I don't really see what the statue was. Of course, that area might be post game XD

I'm hoping that we get all the beginning rodents in XY. It'd be really cool to have full rodent team (Raticate, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bibarel, Watchog, XY Rodent)
    Last edited by OceanicLanturn; 8th January 2013 at 1:52 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    The only pokémon that I think for definite will be in the new pokédex are the ones that were in the states from the building in the trailer:
    * Eevee line
    * Dratini line
    * Golett line
    * Tympole line

Most likely, but even that isn't definite yet. Statues and stuff like that is a good hint that they could be, but not confirmation. They've done stuff like this for non-native Pokemon before (for instance, the Dragonite skeleton in the Nacrene Museum). If there's any previous gen line that's even close to confirmed, it's Pikachu, since it's already been seen in the wild. That's still not confirmation, either, but since they probably won't be showing off post game Pokemon in the wild, I think Pikachu's a safe bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I really hope this time around they include (pre)evolutions from past generation Pokemon. That really annoyed me about gen 5

Anyway, I don't think every single one of those Pokemon are in the regional dex, they could easily be showing off post game Pokemon. I think a lot of the ones that have been shown most likely are, but not all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I wouldn't say Pikachu is near confirmed. There were Pikachu things everywhere throughout Unova and it wasn't in either of the Dexes. But we'll find out in the coming months.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Most likely, but even that isn't definite yet. Statues and stuff like that is a good hint that they could be, but not confirmation. They've done stuff like this for non-native Pokemon before (for instance, the Dragonite skeleton in the Nacrene Museum). If there's any previous gen line that's even close to confirmed, it's Pikachu, since it's already been seen in the wild. That's still not confirmation, either, but since they probably won't be showing off post game Pokemon in the wild, I think Pikachu's a safe bet.
    I think the most glaring example is that huge Pikachu statue in Nimbasa when Pikachu itself is nowhere to be found in Unova.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I wouldn't say Pikachu is near confirmed. There were Pikachu things everywhere throughout Unova and it wasn't in either of the Dexes. But we'll find out in the coming months.
    But it's different, we've seen it appearing as a wild Pokémon in the footage.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post

But it's different, we've seen it appearing as a wild Pokémon in the footage.
    Yeah but they could easily have done that just to show off their top dog. Everything seen in that trailer isn't final, they could change any of that before October.

Yeah but they could easily have done that just to show off their top dog. Everything seen in that trailer isn't final, they could change any of that before October.
    we can't say anything from the trailer, since, they have mentioned it specifically that it may change.
    btw, i just have a feeling that they may merge the regional and national pokedex into one.

Just going by the trailer alone, I can see the following lines being in:

Magikarp Line
    Golett Line
    Munchlax Line
    Ralts Line
    Pansear Line
    Patrat Line
    Pichu Line
    Litwick Line
    Psyduck Line
    Sneasel Line
    Audino
    Mienfoo Line
    Dratini Line

But, as someone else pointed out, the trailer isn't final and nothing in it is set in stone aside from the starters. Of these, I can see Magikarp, Pichu, Psyduck, and their respective evolutions being in the regional dex simply because they've been in most of the past ones.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

I guess there'll be a new evolution for Audino, and that's the reason it is there. I'm really happy for Litwick's line, love Chandelure. And Pikachu's comeback is also great!
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Golurk is definately confirmed, with the statue of it in the city.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    Golurk is definately confirmed, with the statue of it in the city.
    Pikachu should've been in BW and B2W2 then because of all the Pikachu signs, statues and blow ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    I really hope this time around they include (pre)evolutions from past generation Pokemon. That really annoyed me about gen 5
    Seeming Unova appeared to be more of a "reboot" and the fact that BW were originally stand alone in the way that no other Pokémon were available at first. Meanwhile, this generation seems to have Pokémon from all generations, so it's likely I believe we will see some pre and evolutions from past Pokémon this generation.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE |
    0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Pikachu should've been in BW and B2W2 then because of all the Pikachu signs, statues and blow ups.
    BUT, golurk was witnessed being battled!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

that could have been post league.
    And i actually doubt they have made the regional dex yet., thus, making these discussions pointless.

It's hard to say what's going to be in the dex, but I hope some lesser Pokemon that haven't really been in much dexes before get to be in it this time(Houndour please, pretty sure Platinum was basically it's only dex, unless you want to include getting it post game in Gold and that, I think you could get it pre-post game in HG/SS but Safari Zone was too much for me in that game).

I would like Pikachu to not be in this, but I suppose one generation without it is good(I don't hate it or anything, I just like to see them feel no need to add the mascot into the game, beside statues and whatnot).

I want whatever new Pokemon to all be in the dex and none be post-game though.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

And we saw scans of Butterfree and Scizor being battled in DP scans before DP came out and neither were in the DP dex, Scizor was in the Platinum one though. But them showing a pokemon in a video and not being in the game has happened before. They showed Dragonite in B2W2 videos and it wasn't in the dex.

I'm hoping for a second evolution for Drifloon.
    The evolutionary line doesn't feel complete to me. Drifloon is a balloon, Drifblim is a hot air balloon, so naturally, it would be assumed that next would be a Blimp pokemon.
    Also Drifblim's stats suck considering it's a fully evolved Pokemon.

It's always nice to get more ghost types.

And we saw scans of Butterfree and Scizor being battled in DP scans before DP came out and neither were in the DP dex, Scizor was in the Platinum one though. But them showing a pokemon in a video and not being in the game has happened before. They showed Dragonite in B2W2 videos and it wasn't in the dex.
    COMPLETELY fair point, bro.

Can't wait to see my current team on 3D

The pokedex-fill challenge increases.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Really hope the Ralts line is available in the main story, as shown in the trailer. Can't wait to see the starting route Normal/Flying type!
    Black 2 (playing):
        Spoiler:- Other Teams:

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    I guess there'll be a new evolution for Audino, and that's the reason it is there. I'm really happy for Litwick's line, love Chandelure. And Pikachu's comeback is also great!
    Audino is there for the same reason why it was in BW: ExpPoints hording!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    This might have been guessed but I think the fire starter is Fire/Psychic.
    Wrong thread? Dunno.. :P
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

imo if pikachu isint x/y then it will be weird being the mascot and all. but then again bw and bw2 never had him.

Page 1 of 3636 1234511511011001 ... LastLast